ITT: overrated shit

ITT: overrated shit

Ending killed it. Sold that DVD collection the fuck off a long time ago.

Now that's a show that needs some surgery

>Overrated shit thread
>pic of Ergo Proxy

You had one job OP. ONE.

might be a decade late but i just finished it. man what a strange ride that was. too many dream episodes, and i still dont understand how the game show fit in other than a cheap way to explain a few loose ends

its an anti-meme. it isnt overrated at all. i wanted to see why it was so mediocre

Code Geass and Gintama.

Code Geass? More like baka-no

Nice capitalization, you child.

I hope you're referring to the image title

ITT: popular shit I don't like

Forgot where I was. Didn't think anyone would care how I type after the likes of KlK and SnK took over Sup Forums. Or that Naruto and Bleach are actively discussed here now.

I can't wait until Hollywood makes a live action of that.

Ergo Proxy was an anime that looked like it was trying to be deep and then acted like it was trying to be deep and then dropped all hint of depth and went for a boring ending which wrapped up the setting without asking or answering any philsophical or moral question at all.

When I finished watching it, my only reaction was "...Why did they even make this?"

I'm referring to the image baka?

No.

Ghost in the Shell

And the movie isn't shit because it's a western adaption of anime or because of "whitewashing", but because ScarJo is a terrible actress.

I was waiting for any sort of non-superficial hint of cartesian philosophy.

at least kaiba and flifla had other redeeming qualities

ARIA? I liked it better when it was called naptime.

the new movie is far from overrated

I was talking about the original being overrated

Very true. Anime was boring schlock.

Monogatari.

Ergo Proxy was a piece of entertainment that specifically pandered to deepfags. If you take its deep seriously it's indeed pretentious as in it tried to show more than it really had, but if you could enjoy its deep as you would enjoy moe it'd be totally fine.
Kaiba's story wasn't deep. Its visual representation was surrealist and contrived making the story challenging to decipher, hence the deepness. It's not pretentious because what it showed matched what it had.
Flip flap's been designed to look fun and accessible on the surface while having its symbolism represented as censored dream content. Casual viewers finish it without realizing the deep is even there. It's the opposite of pretentious that undermined its own perception.

Scarjo was good in Lost in Translation.

No

>1116630752190.jpg
>Youjo Senki
Who are you trying to fool here?

If it is so overrated then why does everyone call it pretentious 2deep4me garbage? Ergo proxy is actually pretty underrated.

Evangelion. It's important for cultural reasons, but holy fuck was it ever boring sometimes. EoE was good though.

I have never understood what people like about this

Absurdity is very appealing. I enjoyed it a lot.

Evangelion. Literally battle mecha harem.

Gintama is underrated.

Aria, Non Non Biyori, Sora no Woto, Monogatari, the 1970 version of Ashita no Joe, Rose of Versailles, Go Nagai in general, Hyouka, Tamako Love Story, Hibike! Euphonium, Madoka

pretentious shit

you pretentious little shit, it's the last cyberpunk anime

>it's the last cyberpunk anime

Not actually overrated at all
It deserves all the praise it gets and more

muh raisins

Literally 2deep4u

she is Ergo Proxy

I really love that early scene when RE-L is trying to persuade Vincent but forgets his name like the stacy she is and snidely looks to Iggy to for help.
Call me a cuck but got damn that was hot

It was pretentious but I don't think it was overrated, it had really good production values that warranted the mass appeal it got.

These.

There's nothing more overrated than One Piece.

The shit ending ruined the entire series for me.
>Well my love interest just vanished into oblivion.
>A certain top-tier pure sex redhead whom I've liked since the beginning is single still.
>Fuck it, I'm going off to wander alone forever and planting plants.

.thread

Akira is a good movie if you need a sleeping aid.

monogatari

moeshit
shounenshit
waifubaitshit
highschoolshit

Is it really overrated? I know this trash is definitely more popular than it should be but was not aware it was highly rated as well.

what else is there to watch?

Code Geass is really fucking shitty. Code Geass r2 is so ridiculously shitty that it was legendary. Every week the board would implode at how the writers kept fucking themselves into corners and doing asspulls to get out of them. The animation was also the source of tons of great memes. I don't think there will ever be a show that unites Sup Forums as much as R2 did, and it's ironic that it only happened due to how shit it was.

It's a shame all those anons went to reddit and now we have people who actually think that show is good.

goodshit

Great budget, solid direction. The only people who worship it had never seen a non gundam mecha show in their lives, 85% of Sup Forums now by the way.

What is 2nd from the left on the bottom? All the rest are good save for ergo proxy

Aria, a show about nothing.

its from "My Little Sister Turned Into A Lizard And Now I Have Take Care Of Her"

I honestly liked that shit until the accidental geass on that princess bitch that made her go on a rampage on that stadium. It was incredible how retarded this situation was. I can't believe any sane or non-retarded person would watch it beyond this point

trips confirm. abandon thread

It's been awhile, but the point of it was meant to be about the illusions of control that comes from absolute power over other people. Lelouche was even joking at that exact moment about how he could command her to do something antithetical to her personality and it would happen. I've seen similar sorts of situations in stories where it's impressed upon a leader that their position comes with the opportunity for immense fuck ups if they're not careful both of their commands and self restraint.

Problem is, it's such a fucking silly situation that it's kind of not worth the point. But Code Geass was never really a half measure sort of show.

Name ONE.

one piece
Jojo

>ctrl+f yoi/yuri on ice
>0 results

pretentiousshit

pretty sure it's NHK

I was here during Geass Sundays. They were great times, lots of fun. But despite all of the memes making fun of it, people genuinely enjoyed the show for what it was.

Sup Forums is such dogshit these days though, I want to leave but I always just end up back here every day. I envy those who have moved on.

I don't know, 6/10 seems pretty adequate.

No Dennou Coil was the last Cyberpunk anime

>Code Geass is really fucking shitty
You are shitty.
This.

i think its rated appropriately

It has cyber, no punk. No, not even cyber, it's just fucking Microsoft Hololens.

But we only talk about ironically overrated ones here.

>Muh capitalization
Off yourself you pretentious fuckboy.

Anything with more than 100 episodes.

Is this a new meme now?
>Insert good show that is popular
OVERRATED SHIT XDDDD

Please delete this post at once.

It's flavor of the month shit, nobody will care about or talk about it a year from now. Think KLK

What was wrong with Vincent?
Also the best episode is the one where everyone is stuck in a vehicle in the middle of nowhere and the make up scene.

Rossiu should have become the main character, deciding to pilot the Gurren Lagann himself at the last second and saving the day. Simon is irredeemable garbage.

Welcome to Sup Forums. Now get the fuck out.

>cheating on Nia
FUCK YOU

Rossiu was too retarded to even logic at all

Agreed.