Watching Serial Experiments Lain for the first time

>Watching Serial Experiments Lain for the first time
>Have never felt like more of a brainlet by the fourth episode of a series ever
>The feeling only gets worse as it goes on
>Maybe have a solid understanding of 40% of what all went down by the end, if not less
It's like they made an entire show's worth of the Evangelion brainfuck, can someone please give me a quick rundown because I'm apparently too retarded to follow everything properly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RjaG8gqE7uY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love how Lain wears nothing under the dress. Holy damn I want to fuck her.

I think not getting it is part of the enjoyment at first.

Rewatch it later and you'll understand more
even the part with the alien.

It's pretentious crap don't watch it.

Lain is pure, please respect her.

I guess I have to, this first run of it has left me so confused

so fucking boring
and the thmes are dated too, no your fucking disket isn't going to steal your soul

I feel it's still incredibly apt to how people spend their lives on the internet
You should get this, specially here on Sup Forums.

the wired is like a more in-depth version of the internet. Also you may want to check out lainchan and systemspace

LETS
ALL
LOVE
LAIN

I'm already registered, it's what got me into trying the anime in the first place actually.

Neato, also, what parts are confusing to (you)?

Well in terms of memetic engineering we're still in the stone age irl.
Or can VR modulate a person's unconscious?
Or microbotics for recreational drug?

Living
Artificial
Intelligence
Network

There are several "Serial Experiments Lain Explained" videos on youtube, this is one of the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=RjaG8gqE7uY

Geeze, where do I even start... First of all, what was the deal with Lain's "sister?" I didn't understand the "fulfill the prophecy" spiel that happened, or why she went crazy, or the ghost shit that Lain saw, or pretty much any happening that went down involving her character. I'll probably do as suggests and check out some explanation videos

what the fuck did i just watch

Lain was Neo, except she was the chosen AI destined to rule the matrix living in the real world.

AI becomes a messiah through the failings of the society that created it. Almost everything in the series contributes to this end, frame the events in that light and you'll understand better.

>deal with Lain's "sister?"
none of Lain's family is real, they're all stand-in's.
>"fulfill the prophecy"
Lain was made or her purpose was to be the Admin of the Wired. Which is this kind of god-like figure since reality and the wired are so intertwined
>she went crazy, or the ghost shit that Lain saw
Are you referring to the other Lain she saw in the wired? If so, that "other" Lain was an early version of "real" Lain that didn't have a body and only existed in the wired.

I didn't understand half of this the first time watching either

>dropped and picked up whenever lain thread around
>never finished
Finished episode 2 at least.

What brand of PC is that?

IBM

JCN readied for The Wired™ you mean.

Are these lingering effects from the merge?

I didn't have a full grasp of Lain the first time I watched it. I did understand the concept of the Wired though.

The atmosphere and the mood were the draw for me. I really liked the visual style and color palette they used accompanied by the rather somber soundtrack.

I watched it for the first time like two weeks ago and i didn't understood shit.
I guess the show was made for not being completely self-explanatory and more for being viewed multiple times and take the meaning from that, and i also felt like the show was meant to be hard to watch/follow because of the pace and stuff that gets thrown around, like the alien stuff, even though i think some user here said that it makes sense, and it probably does in the big picture.
I haven't seen any explanation video/theory because i want to get it for myself before i watch someone else's opinion, otherwise i'll just be picking up somebody else interpretation; also this is probably the second Lain thread i've seen on Sup Forums seen i've visited the board

Lain is internet Jesus. She's God who becomes a human, then sacrifices her life for the good of mankind because she loves everyone. It's not that hard to follow.

its just a tryhard version of ichigo mash

It's like the Matrix but not really.

Just got to episode 5, was there even a real lain or its all a simulation by the lain that was just transferred into the wired, the family/school scenes were just there to adapt her to her new powers or duty as I see the posts here saying she is now the electronic god? These fucking jumping scenes man.

There are two Lain's.

1. "Real" Lain which has a body in reality and can enter the Wired when she needs to
2. "Wired" Lain which is an earlier prototype of Lain that only exists in the Wired

>she is now the electronic god?
- Lain was made or her purpose was to be the Admin of the Wired. Which is this kind of god-like figure since reality and the wired are so intertwined

>OP literary saying he doesn't seem to understand

so is she basically just a living software update?

I see, looks like I got some right.I feel like the first two episodes were a lot weirder than episode 4 and 5.

Yes. They even explained this with the "sotfware vs hardware" bit.

Gotta watch out for static my man

A shame he seemed an honest man

>no your fucking computer with social networks and shit that you HAVE to be on won't steal your soul
It was so fucking ahead of its time that even nowadays' illiterate idiots don't get it.

There's another Lain.
The Knights "built" their own Lain, you see her do some things that neither Wired nor Lain would do.

Is any show more aesthetic than Lain?

lain is a little girl who buys a computer and has fun on the web

How can I get Lain's bear suit?

This isn't actually in the show.

Although the suicide in the first episode looks amazing.

it's a top of the line TachibanaLab Knowledge Navigator running Copland OS ;)

>sel is about diskets stealing souls
and you don't seem to understaaAaAAand...
really, lain is about how the Internet makes people/the world connected and the enourmous, ever growing influence it has on them

babies first pretend it's deep animu

People say that about every serious anime they don't like. They can't all be 'babies first'.

I still can't believe this show was made in 1998.

since it was made before most fags on this board were even born, it think the description comes pretty close

Watch it again OP, it makes more sense on rewatch.