Super hero anime suddenly get popular because my hero academia

>super hero anime suddenly get popular because my hero academia
>SO REVOLUTIONARY SUPER HERO TROPES NEVER SEEN BEFORE 10/10
>pic related actually did super hero tropes better and had better characters

so fucking unfair everyone keep forgetting about the real animu super hero

>b-but fujoshit and homolust!!1

literally there wasn't any other than in fujoshi eyes, all of the characters were bros doing bros things while doing the superhero trope in a realistic and convincing way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QQ6qIWNkLbk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please don't type like a retard. It overshadows any legitimate points you may have.

I liked TB, mostly because of the Kamina vibe I got from Tiger. They would need to go full Yuri on Ice to become relevant again.

MHA has really fun characters and something for everyone. And waifu fags love high school girls.

Well, that's one way to show you're retarded.

T&B thread? I missed these.

Tiger and Bunny

Cool greentext lowercase newfag.

>SUPER HERO TROPES NEVER SEEN BEFORE
Why do you think people liking shows means they think they're unprecedented?

This.

Tiger and Bunny was good but the CG was terrible.

The CG was one of my main beefs with the show, but honestly only Fire Emblem's looked terrible. Kotetsu and Barnaby still looked fine, and they did a decent enough job combining the regular animation with the CGI.

Tiger and Bunny was the show that made me not give up on Sup Forums. Sup Forums as a whole still watches really trash shows, but every now and then there's a thread on something genuinely interesting and eye catching.

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis was also another great show that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise.

I remember the T&B fanbase being really weird though, I don't think I ever participated in any of the threads.

THIS

but then again samurai flamenco would be in my top 10. the truth is, everyone has shit taste. also my favorite studio is kyoani

>samurai flamenco

I tried so hard to get into that show, but I just couldn't make it past episode 3. It's a shame, from the screenshots in the weekly threads apparently the show just went batshit insane at the end.

Samurai Flamenco was better.

>batshit insane at the end.
it felt like it was insane from the beginning though. i loved the ending and felt like the revelation of character played out nicely.

>Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis
>great

I'd say it was one of the better cases of CG use in anime, actually. The models were well-animated and the lighting was pretty good.

To be quite honest, it's because people can't self insert into 30-year old+ main characters and so it's harder to sell merchandise to kids not wanting to be Kotetsu.

I also really liked how the series handled the business of heroes being a sponsored event even though Barnaby's Batman story felt alittle hamfisted.

I think it needed more episodes to give the rest of the heroes more personality personally instead of just focusing on Kotetsu and Barnaby.

Ya know another underrated hero show? Hero Man.

That had a pretty good progression of the MC and an interesting development of the side cast and was able to do so in its 26 or so episode run while providing an interesting setting.

Wish more anime studios used shading on their CG.

I saw the CGI in Akito the Exiled and have to say Sunrise did a lot better in T&B.

>I think it needed more episodes to give the rest of the heroes more personality personally instead of just focusing on Kotetsu and Barnaby.
Wouldn't make much sense, considering the show is a character drama literally named after those two. It's their show through and through, to the point even the logo was designed to symbolize their relationship.

What? They all do. That's one of the benefit of using CG: all the work regarding shading is done for you.
Of course, I know what you meant. All the hard part of shading is done for them, so there's a lot more room to be more creative and interesting with the use of shading, but nobody bothers.

To this day I feel for my nigga Sky High waiting on that bench.

No one ever said this.

>tfw ever since I was a kid all my favorite heroes have been 30-50 and to this day I have to go over a mental hurdle in order to suspend my disbelief enough to accept teenaged heroes
I guess it's just a cultural difference.

Yeah, I probably should have said coloring rather than shading. Most anime CG tends to have the same flat look.

I remember T&B for entirely different reasons.

Because you weren't self-inserting and just through they were cool as fuck characters. It's the same bullshit you see in Star Wars when they add kid characters because reasons, I guess? No one cares about them and everyone I knew back in the day wanted to be Han Solo.

I like how the product placement wasn't used as something that tarnished the idea of heroism, it was just seen as part of the gig. God bless capitalism.

Anyone ever try this?

I remember getting one while it was a promotional item in one of my Commiefornia Albertson's and it was pretty decent.

I really don't like fujoshit shipping for the show. The dude had a wife and has a child. But nope, it's pushed super hard.

The theme of the show was leaving behind your past and hang ups, so obviously. The director even talked about how the memory of Kotetsu's wife became more like fantasy and escapism for him, while Barnaby was reality and future. Barnaby's presence was also good for the family.

>expect "money is bad" preaching
>the guy whining about capitalism is told to shut up and get over it
That was a nice surprise.

It's just one of the latest battle shonen series that took off, no need to read into more than that

>super hero anime suddenly get popular because my hero academia
>pic related actually did super hero tropes better and had better characters

so fucking unfair everyone keep forgetting about the real animu super hero

>b-but fujoshit and homolust!!1

literally there wasn't any other than in fujoshi eyes, all of the characters were bros doing bros things while doing the superhero trope in a realistic and convincing way.

>Bahamut
>good
It was trash

This is fujoshit show.Why would Sup Forums care? Back to tumblr whale.

T&B is a trailblazer. MCU totally stole T&B's "We don't have particularly good villains, the closest we've got is a guy who ended up as an anti-hero"-gimmick.

I'm not going to bother defending BnHA but I've always thought T&B was really overrated.

In think after a while even the official creators were shipping it.

>I haven't watched Gundam: Reconguista in G; the post
The CG in T&B is garbage.

I know this is a parody but it was far more entertaining than any other anime I've seen

>battle shounen
Ya blew it on both accounts.

IIRC the lead writer said he had been planning a realistic sentai romance drama when he got the offer from Sunrise. Guess it shows.

I told my roommate about Tiger & Bunny after we'd watched Hero Academia. We watched the first episode together, and I immediately regretted recommending it.

>boring powers
>boring costumes
>boring characters
>boring plot with a predictable twist

I guess the idea of the show and the setting were way more appealing than the rest of it.

>watched the first episode
>boring plot with a predictable twist
Wat. There was no "twist" in the first ep.

They sure as hell did.

Comfiest show ever

Just because it borrows from Western comics doesn't make it revolutionary. There is a lot of Japanese cape shit influence in BnH too.

>literally there wasn't any other than in fujoshi eyes
Didn't producer guy say that the homo interpretation was as valid as the just bros ones? Schrodinger homo.

Because he deserved happiness.

where is season 2, sunrise?

"Here's another movie and another Geass spin off" -Sunrise
Keiichi Sato probably won't come back to Sunrise most likely.

GO NEXT!

no joke, when I finished watching samurai flamenco I had to sit down and write a paper on it just to organize my thoughts. what a bizarre and amazing show.

Yeah. And the rest of the staff thought it was full homo.

Gotta chase those Hollywood shekels first.

Man, i loved every moment of Samumenco's wild ride.
I just wish that the one theory about the final arc some user came up was true
It was about how the kid goes back in time to kill Gotou's gf to hurt Samumenco, so Gotou ends up having to save her and ends up being the bus driver all along

I want an anime about Sky High.

Do you think he still sits on that bench waiting for his waifu?

Every day, he returns to that bench. Always waiting for his waifu to come back. It kills him inside but the hero within him refuses to let him give up hope
He deserved better

YAMETE

well, first off this was more Sentai than straight up western superheroes
and second:
I'm pretty sure Goto accepted the marriage proposal

Literally no-one has ever said this. Check and mate, faggot.

I'd have to agree with you. Hero worship in one form or another goes back to prehistoric times. It's just in the last just over a hundred years that these fictional characters with massively inhuman feats are worshipped but they have roots that at least go back to demi gods of ancient times.

Based Samunenco staff told the fujos to fuck off instead of encouraging them though

He's bought himself a second dog, so he's fine.

I was hoping deku would be batman-like. Which they kinda show. But overall I like the art style and frog girl is based.

Omori makes enough anime for female fans anyway. The staff saying to stop won't stop anyone anyway since sentai is gay.

Check out BnHA: Illegals. It's got the Batman flavor as opposed to BnHA's Superman in training.

Are you trying to pretend that Tiger and Bunny isn't retard popular?

Seriously how can someone be this dumb? Its literally number 2-3 every Comiket for popularity since its release.

Oh sweet I'll go get it now. Deku taking notes was a great element to his character, it seems like they are downplaying that as he gets stronger with all might abilities.

The heroes in T&B were pretty damn incompetent, struggled to even capture powerless robbers they outnumbered

I never took it as Samumenco being gay for Goto.
I just saw it as a man who was just desperate for his close friend to face reality but since he's a sperg he went too far into absurdism.
Besides, Goto's still with his girlfriend, she's just going on vacation around the world, letting him fool around with the idolgirl.

>Find out Goto's gf wasn't real.
It just adds more to that scene where he was driving that truck into the missile silo, where he went so far as to text her one last time thinking he was going to die.

Ah right, the bitchy hermaphrodite!

He was too pure anyway.

Should've been Tiger & Lunatic instead, Bunny was a turbo faggot.

Lunatic had a hard life

Uh dude, Tiger was pretty gay together with Barnaby. It went beyond simply Guy Love between two guys.

He loved his wife but she's passed on, he's allowed to have emotional intimacy with someone else..

Shin Mazinger was the best super robot show in years surpassing TTGL in some areas, namely the insane plot. The show went crazy in the last half like Samurai Flamenco, except it was just better written, despite the crazy nonsensical plot line.

Too bad Imagawa is never coming back.

Wish he did that within the series itself though, that's the only thing that matters.

Why was Golden Ryan the only worthwhile Super Celebrity?

The ending gets them back to zero
No character development
They learned nothing at all

Tiger and Bunny was good but kids can't see themselves in an aging, single father, that is losing his powers.

Posting best OP

youtube.com/watch?v=QQ6qIWNkLbk

The ending was glorious anyway. Whether or not it was real it was funny and in the end that's all that matters.

I gave T&B a try years ago, but the CGI made me drop it. The MC was pretty cool, but the blonde fuccboi was an annoying edgylord, I know he changes later on, but I couldn't bring myself to keep watching it.

Does the father losing his powers represent increasing sexual impotence?

I can't believe how little Lunatic actually did within the plot. Maybe they were setting him up for something in a theoretical Season 2, I dunno, but 90% of the time he was just sort of there.

I liked TB a lot, but it doesn't have a patch on BnHA, the emotional highlight scenes this manga gets are up there with One piece.

Shin Mazinger made no fucking sense but boy did it have some really hype moments.

ENERGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes. That's what it meant for Mr. Legend

The flashback where he is abusing his wife she is topless and has stiff nipples

>1 Minute Tiger
>feels impotent and unworthy of his partner in the sequel
Of course.

What?
I don't remember that, was that in the movie?
All i remember was the silhouette one and the one where he beats her up in the garage. I recall her wearing a dress or something in that scene though

I still haven't watched either of the movies, how are they?

They're okay. The first movie is a retelling of the first three episodes with some extra scenes and plot, while the second one is basically an epilogue to the show. The novel was better.

*three episodes
two

>every Western kid wants to be Batman not Robin
>every Western kid wants to be Superman not Jimmy Olsen

Checks out.