How can Reifags still exist after this?

How can Reifags still exist after this?

>On April 15, 2015, Anno spoke about his feelings regarding Asuka and Rei. He claimed: "The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all. In the midst of making Eva, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten her. Her very existence. For example, in episode seven, I remembered and added one shot with Rei. I had no attachment to her at all. I think that was okay, because in episode eight, she didn't appear. Not even in a single shot."

Other urls found in this thread:

homepage3.nifty.com/mana/ecom4.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He fixed it in 2.0.

So that's why he made her sperg about some random psychobabble while showing landscapes and shit?
What a master. Truly the best anime writer.

Anno is truly the master.

>he's literally talking to 10 year olds

>What does Rei like?

Yeah that's a fucking tough question that a child can't comprehend the answer to.

This nigga just does not give two shits.

Anno is so butthurt.

I still laugh whenever I see pseudo-intellectuals worshipping Evangelion for being deep. They're like people who watch Nolan movies and think they're smart. Or people that read Fate Stay Night and thought that was a literary masterpiece. If it didn't have waifus and pretentious imagery that are just there to look cool no one would have cared about the show.

This is why I find reifags so sad. They try to imagine depth for a character that barely exists and pretty much just serves as fanfare for existentialism meanwhile aggressively ignoring the existence of actual character development for Asuka where as Rei just continues to fawn over the useless/villainous Ikari's and by extension makes herself useless/villainous. Honestly by the end of EoE Anno made Asuka the only redeemable character and I don't think that was by accident.

It'd be much simpler if they all just admitted to themselves they fell in love the hair and the pale skin, the aesthetic, not the supposed person.

Anno was a huge fan of Space Runaway Ideon, and he liked the "eon" sound at the end of Ideon, so he found a Catholic word partially relevant to the plot that had the "eon" sound at the end and used it. Just because the robots' name is meaningless doesnt mean the whole show is

>Rei didn't appear in the bombastic reveal of the new character who is diametrically opposed to Rei in almost every sense

gee its almost as if they wanted to focus on this new character or something

Rei is boring
Asuka is annoying

pick your poison

Everyone is like that
The only reason some people are considered "respected intellectuals" is how many people have bought into their bullshit

>sophistry

how's high school treating you

That's why best boy Kaworu exists.
All the girls are shit, so just go for the superior boy.

This (no homo)

The eva demograph eh

Annoying girls are always best girls.

They have to put other characters down to feel better about liking Rei. It's pretty sick.

Shinji pls go

Let Shinji have his completely platonic and in no way homosexual "friendship" in peace.

Rei is a good girl!

A shame she has such a cancerous fanbase

I still thought Rei was more relevant than Asuka though.

Nowhere near Asuka though. There's hardly any Rei posting.

This is no time for jokes, user.

Other way around. Asukafags desperately want to prove their favorite is good, but cant so they desperately cling to everything except the actual character, preferring rumours and hearsay over solid facts from the series. If Anno stepped up and said that Rei never existed, Asuka fans would follow suit and pretend there was no Rei.

I dont find it as sad as I find it revolting.

Oh, you're back.

Anno is showing his butthurt and so are the copious Reihaters who think it matters.

>How can Reifags still exist after this?
Because regardless of what Anno says about how he feels about episode six, Rei was a major character right until the very end, and is a huge part of the ending and the story, a character which connects the main character and many others.

Mogudan did Rei better than Anno ever could

mogudan rei is the best

>If Anno stepped up and said that Rei never existed, Asuka fans would follow suit and pretend there was no Rei.
I agree. Even if Rei is right there in the series there will always be the obsessive shippers (asuka and kaworu fans, I'm looking at you) who will blindly follow any retcon as long as it suits them.

Not really, no.

>Not Jingrock's

Really, yes.

>thinks subtle psychological and basic philosophical subject matter makes people who like it pretentious/pseudo intellectual
Sure is hard to grasp basic concepts.

Just pick Misato for glorious drunkard waifu

Would Anno laugh or cry if he saw these?

It's not that they are pretentious for liking it, they are pretentious because they think it's the deepest thing and no one understands it, except for them.

What makes you think people do this?

he would cry from his penis

I think he's fairly used to Reifag autism by this point

That's what pretentious people do. If you are not pretentious you won't do it. What I'm saying is that liking Eva doesn't mean you are pretentious, I'm just differentiating pretentious people from the rest.

they're just normies who discovered there's more to anime than Naruto. they watch one 2deep4u show and think theyre special snowflakes all of a sudden

Is Sephirotic the best available release right now?

He's clearly teasing. The reason Rei isn't in those episodes is because they were shifting the focus onto Misato and Asuka. In episode nine and on a big deal is made about how Rei and the other girls interact, even in her absence in Misato's congratulations dinner.

wait for my rips..
wait for it.

My argument is that there isn't anything in Eva that could draw that kind of "pretentious" audience. It's just some basic psychological and philosophical subtleties matched with well directed visuals.

These "pretentious people" just seem like projections of something you feel about people discussing the subtleties of the show.

Pretentious is also completely subjective. What one person thinks is "2deep4u" is another's favorite thing. If you want real pretentiousness, go to a New York modern art installation in the 21st century.

>Anno: Yeah. I have no emotional attachment to her. Well, Nobita-san wrote [about her] as being a symbol of schizophrenia. There were parts where that was actually what I wanted to do [with her].
>…Anno: But Rei is [the character] I least understand. In addition, I’m not really that interested in her. There were parts where that’s what I was consciously doing, actively trying to put aside my presuppositions, trying to bring out the most primitive, the most core, the purest parts within me.
>Oizumi: So Rei is perhaps [something] embedded in your unconscious [that] can’t be expressed in words.

She is quite literally 90's Anno's psyche, 2deep4u

Why is Anno so obsessed with that fujo doujin author Nobita?

>literally killing her as a unique character

He did some weird stuff that could go somewhere but then ruined it with 3.33.

Rei
at least it will make sure that the world is ending soon and that i will become tang

I guess she's more like his chaotic parts of brain, where he constantly asks questions which lead to only one answer, "I am me", since they are essentially metaphysical and therefore meaningless. Other characters are his attempts at understanding human relationships through his more conscious self.

>Anno: In regards to the characters, I especially emotionally identify with Shinji, Misato, and Asuka.
>Kaworu-kun is my shadow. Rei is the innermost, unconcious part of me. If possible, I wanted to prevent putting parts of me [in the show] as much as possible, but it couldn't be avoided.
>庵野: とくにシンジ、ミサト、アスカには、自分に近いものを感じますね。で、シャドーとしてカヲル君。レイは僕の一番コアな、深層の部分でつくってます。できるだけ自分は無干渉にして、にじみ出るところだけで形にしていますね。
>homepage3.nifty.com/mana/ecom4.htm