New thread to shit on Salesman since the last one is autosaging

New thread to shit on Salesman since the last one is autosaging.
Consensus from last thread: It's shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/l9sot2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off, I saw your mistake in that Kumiko thread. Loser.

I made a typo, meant the consensus is that its pretty good.

This anime blows.

Why were you in a Kumiko thread? Faggot? That's the only anime this season worse than Salesman.

Moguro is my dad.

It's fucking garbage, holy shit. I want my time back.

What went wrong?

Go back to your Naruto containment threads. Solace in knowing this shitposting will only happen because it's the first episode.

There's no development with any of the characters. All you see if them accept the offer from the salesman then their lives are ruined. It's not only boring, but just down right mean. Not fun to watch peoples lives get fucked up when they were maliciously tempted.

Fuck off, shit eater.

>it's bad so nobody will keep watching it
>now we won't have any shitposting
Seems like a shit deal to me desu.

Nuke this thread mods. It's actual cancer.

I havent watched this show but I was interested, I was just asking what went wrong so I can see if people have any real reasons or criticism or if its just shitters memeing

I like the OP/ED

>it's bad
It's not even that bad. Please watch more anime you literal meme of a person.

Its bad.

Japan loves these monkey paw type stories don't they?

Wait so did Moguro use magic to make time go quicker in the club?

It's not though.

I enjoyed it, the people complaining just don't understand the premise.
E.g.:
>Bum: I am very hungry right now, and also thirsty
>Moguro: Here, I will solve your problem: I will give you a loaf of bread and a pitcher of water, each will sustain you until the next day, where you will find another loaf of bread and pitcher of water
If the bum eats the bread and drinks the water, then Moguro leaves him alone. If the bum trades the stuff for alcohol or tries to share it, then he is made unable to eat or drink or something like that.

That is fair, because his problem was hunger and thirst. If his problem was wanting a drink, which essentially was the premise of the first half of this episode, then he could have had that instead.

A 4/10 might not be bad, but it's not like I'm actually going to watch it when it's so boring. I really wanted to like it too.

I could watch more anime, because there's decades worth of the stuff out there that I haven't seen that is all better and more interesting than this. No reason to waste my time.

What did the Salaryman do wrong? They were trying to leave and be responsible.

I don't think it's responsible to go to a bar during your lunch break, user.

Why not? They were ordering non-alcoholic drinks until Moguro basically forced liquor down their throats. That was some bullshit

Then leave already? Why are you still here?

He used magic to make them forget, I guess.
He already chose to not only go again, but the first day he continued drinking until his lunch break was over, and went during the night (it's the DAYdream).
He was offered a drink the first day, he could have asked for something non-alcoholic. A pretty girl convinced him to do otherwise, he's not a fucking 14-year-old at a senior's party getting tricked into drinking.

>Moguro basically forced liquor down their throats
He didn't though, the main salaryman succumbed to the temptation of that woman. It's his fault for going back.

They accepted to get drunk on the middle of the day with "super" booze user.

The writing is terrible. This is supposed to be a monkey's paw kind of story, where the characters get a wish but their wish fucks them over due to the flaws inherent in their personalities. However, so far the characters were fucked over because the paw itself was bored with them, it wasn't a direct result from their wishes.

The issue here is everyone is going out of their way to tempt them. Even after they try and be responsible, everything is stacked against them. That's not fair like the example mentioned about the bum.

He didnt force anything though. It was just a
"Well, why dont we just go and get drunk then?"
If they were really responsible they would have said no and gone back to their jobs.

>everything is stacked against them
And it's only stacked against them because it's their fault for going in the first place.

>going out of their way
He's 29, 'muh peer pressure' isn't an argument.

They were planning to go back to their jobs anyways?

Except they did say no. If this was a real faustian story, refusing would have been the end of it. But he kept tempting them over and over until they finally gave in. Eventually everyone will cave.
Answer me this, was the Salaryman a bad person? Then why was he punished so?

REMINDER THAT THE FIRST STORY IS A LOAD OF BULLSHIT.

THE DUDES WANTED TO LEAVE THE BAR AND BE RESPONSIBLE WORKERS BUT COULDN'T BECAUSE MOGURO USED MAGIC ON THEM.

>capslock
This should be a bannable offense.

>.png
Suck a dick

Why are you acting like peer pressure doesnt exist amoung adults? Are you sctually fucking retarded?

No, they did not say no. Moguro offered it and they went "LETS GET IT ON THE ROCKS THEN!"

What they did say, however, was that they wanted to get back to the job after they were already dead-drunk.

>Moguro offered it and they went "LETS GET IT ON THE ROCKS THEN!"
Go rewatch that scene nigger. I'll be here waiting for your apology

The Salaryman isn't some neutral actor disinterestedly "giving people what they think they want" in monkey's paw style, he enjoys causing problems for people.

They were already drunk, so they already failed on being responsible right there.
This is'nt rocket science guys.

I'll even make a webm if you want.

Okay just did.

> "This will be one of the shows with good discussions" they said "Few IPs=Quality" they said.

You know what would have made the story actually work? If they had taken advantage of what you said.

Moguro would let them go to work in peace, they'd show up piss-ass drunk, they'd get a serious scolding that results naturally from their character flaws. And there's your moral lesson.

They forgot about easily triggered manchildren.

It's only because the other seasonal shit hasn't started airing yet.
These threads will die down next week.

>Few IPs
The other thread had well over a hundred and this one might too.

Fact: everybody mad at this show is a stooge who would fall for Moguro's deals and think he is smart enough to trick him.

That's his point, user.

Everyone would fall for his deals. That's why it's bullshit. These are good people getting their lives ruined

Fact: You're projecting.

This.
You're all just angry at the fact that you'd be in the same position as these salarymen and that woman. True losers.

Decent black comedy about people fucking up. Not exactly Bojack Horseman though.

Kill yourself. If you honestly think you don't have anything that the Salesman could tempt you with, you have absolutely no self-awareness.

He's not going after everyone though. Just the absolute losers.

Just for you sweetie.
Now why dont you say something like MUH PRESSURE?

I honestly don't think the story works very well when the person offering the deals is acting in bad faith. When he's attempting to influence the negative result, it doesn't ever feel completely fair even if the people who accepted the deal technically had other options.

Why was the salaryman a loser?

Moguro offer the pair the temptation of women and drinks in the middle of the work day (at a club that was only there in the middle of the work day). He made them forget going back to work while they were drunk but were just sober enough to realized they should get back to work. In exchange for falling for that temptation originally, they were left with a large bill that they owed the club, were yelled at by their bosses (and in the original version, were fired as well).

You can say that wasn't a fair by Moguro since he directly caused them to remain there longer than they intended with an ability, but Moguro isn't going to be fair, he is a guy who enjoys temping people and then punishing people who give into temptation.

I never said I didn't though? I'm just saying I'm not so feeble and weak that I'm going to throw an autistic fit about an anime because it hurt my feelings.

tl;dw: it is shit

>fucking idiots can't resist temptation
weew, I haven't watched this shit but I sure am enjoying the asspain; bet you niggers have vices like drinking or smoking.

It's a black comedy about a salesman making offers in bad faith, not a neutral actor trying to teach someone a lesson.

>but Moguro isn't going to be fair
Then there's no point to all this Monkey's Paw bullshit. Just magic a bunch of pianos a few feet on top of homeless people and get it over with.

And your vice is posting garbage on Sup Forums. Bet you would give into a deal to be able to shitpost twice as much

What about before that were they refuse their initial alcoholic drink?

I never got the impression he ever intended to be fair at all. I probably won't watch the rest of the show, but it seems pretty obvious he's malicious enough to go after people he knows are likely to fail.

I completely agree, I just don't think it works as well, so I don't really care for it. I just don't find it funny.

You mean the first time they went to the bar?
Because in the first time they managed to get late which is also irresponsible.

I only visit here weekly to be honest, I'd rather work.

okay bout to start what am I in for
butthurt or comedy gold?

Something very insipid.

Neither. Even with the people who like this show, I haven't heard a single person claim that it's funny.

Most likely disappointment, maybe mild entertainment.

Unfair things happening to people who don't really deserve them. I like it

Is this anime an allegory for the eternal merchant fucking you over?

Perhaps.

Yes, I got it. But it is simply boring as fuck. Not interesting enough to sell and undeserving too.

Made the exact same thing but with a huge morality undertone and you make something enjoyable.

See you next week.

Point me to when it happened, because the only thing I remember is then drinking non-alcoholic beverages, but they give in to alcohol every time it was offered.

How can anime even compete with the West?

Let me guess:
It's edgy Faust, i.e. Faust without any of the timely political satire that makes every good version of Faust work?

Through quantity.

It's somehow worse than Madoka.

Sort of. It /is/ Faust by people who don't understand why the story worked.

An anime that isn't fun nor interesting and has no redeeming qualities apart from the OP that I agree that it is good.

I would rather have my time back.

It's like Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown. To be honest.

holy shit, that sounds awful and impossible

Having the character be reluctant to offer the deals, genuinely trying to help others, and oblivious to the harm they're causing is also a pretty good angle if you want your black comedy to actually be funny.

No it's actually just Dante's Inferno.

AOTY

it's the wishgiver but the marks aren't nearly as shitty

Faust: The devil is going to rape your ass because you were incompetent at something mundane edition

it's absolute kino

Moguro is just an asshole trying to enjoy himself. A bit of magic to make sure of the consequences isnt bad.

The AOTY is actually Twin Angel Break, though.

poal.me/l9sot2