petitionproject.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no snow on Christmas
>no snow on New years
>snow during exams

>tfw almost a foot of snow on Christmas day, couldn't travel and see family
fucking new england

haven't had big snow in years all the snow we have melts 2 days later

The harm of """"""""climate change """""""""" will never outweigh the benefits of burning fossil fuels and the """""""""""""immorality""""""""""""" of eating meat will never outweigh the benefits of eating it.

Its weather when it contradicts global warming.
Its climate change when it supports global warming.

Remember ? "Snow is a thing of the past !"
Oh wait no.Now its unstability which means basically everything is proof that global warming is real.
There is of course no proof that the winter gets colder or that summer gets hotter.Or that there are more hurricanes.
The definition of global warming is such that it cant be refuted because it predicts every possible outcome and hence it is not science.

2005-2015 had the lowest recorded hurricanes since records began.

Learn the facts first, Tyrone.

Fake news

>every scientist
not even close schlomo

I work with "scientists" on a daily basis. Most are post-docs/professors. The majority of them fund their research through obtaining grants through the National Science Foundation, or NASA. They take a cut of said grant funding for pay, and then dedicate the rest to pay of students who aid in research (which counts towards their seeking of tenure), and then lab equipment, which is kept on site. In order to continuously get funding year after year, they need to present favorable research to the outcome of prior research and proffer that more funding for continued research is granted. This is the difference between a 40k annual salary and a 120k annual salary. Would you twist results to triple your yearly income? Well they do. I review grant proposals, and investigate their mathematical work.

As such, it is in their best interest to conveniently ignore disparaging data sets and selectively limit what research pools they use, so as to continue to triple their income.

>>every nu-scientist came to together to learn of a Jew hoax called climate change that they have to follow if they want to keep their career at best.

It doesn't take 'every' scientist, just a bunch of useful idiots such as yourself.

Humans have literally zero measurable affect on climate change.

Climate change is a natural occurrence over and throughout the span and continuation of the earth.

What is the actual percentage of climate change that humans have caused?

We can literally measure the greenhouse effect of different gasses you absolute god damn retard. If you think CO2 is so harmless, put your head in a plastic bag.

>Sup Forums is the Republican rabble
No. We are natsocs running around in it's skin.
>Inb4 larper
Apparently killing is now LARP as well. So think before you speak.

Climate is the long term trend, more like a normalized global average.

Weather is the region specific hourly, daily, weekly, even monthly atmospheric environmental conditions

The difference is really simple, its like a man walking a dog. The man maintains a steadier path while the dog wanders from one side of the man to the other side, sometimes he stays near the man and sometimes he wanders far.

Its not referred to as global warming anymore because we now understand that some regions may cool as others warm (some at different rates or different amounts) and that temperature is not the only changing factor.

>weather being extreme and hard to predict is new and caused by humans
Wow. With a fantastic argument like that I am sold.

But the weather isn't anymore unstable then it was 50-100 years ago. either way your theory is crumbling down.

So then what is the percentage number that (((man))) has affected global warming?

trying to explain this to Redditors is useless. They've been trained to blindly worship "science" above anything. They don't even know anything about science, just that LE EPIC SCIENCE IS GOING TO DEFEAT CHRISTIANITY THEN I'LL BE ABLE TO FEEL LIKE I'VE GOTTEN REVENGE ON MY RELIGIOUS DAD.

Some people here actually believe the moon landing was fake too. Just goes to show you how retarded 99 % of this board is.

Thanks for asking

If only. Minnesota fag here, I'm still waiting for the first big snow fall. All we have now is this shit.

The earth literally compensates for excessive carbon levels in the air.

There is a whole dormant forest the size of the Amazon (from the last time the ice caps melted) under the arctic waiting to emerge and restore the Oxygen/Carbon balance and thus reduce whatever greenhouse effect you think is so important.

Jokes on you, I'm inhaling CO2 already!

>I've read the data for myself, from the IPCC bullshit reports
>"Climate change" is only science in history that was declared universally settled and beyond question by a panel of politically motivated scientists
>"Climate change" is the only scientific issue that's ever been brought to our attention by a fucking politician

Only absolute tools and morons buy into anthropogenic climate change. It's an insult and betrayal to real science.

This graph shows the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere alongside the industrial revolution
this one shows the rising temperature anomaly

This.

They talk about 'Hottest on record' 'Coldest on record' when the records they refer to are less than 200 years for the most part.

What about the Dust Bowl in the 30s, was that man made climate change?

What about when the Thames river in London froze over for a few winters in the Victorian era, was that extreme weather climate change?

Weather is extreme by nature.

Yeah, tools and morons like Exxon's top climate scientists literally 4 decades ago. Keep trying shill.

plant more trees instead of Burning them
thats the real green technology right there

>not posting the full geologic timescale

Ooooo whee that's some nice cherry picking there.

>climate "scientists" are real scientists
>anyone other than climatologists agree on climate change
>climatologists dont directly profit by proclaiming man made climate change to be true
>appeal to majority fallicies arent fallicies

whew lad, that's a lot of faggotry for one post

By the time that happened 90% of the world's major cities and business centres would have flooded. I'm not even a supporter of global warming as a theory, but making retarded statements only furthers the agenda.

>correlation is causation
great """"""science""""""

Also
>solar activity has nothing to do with global temperature, it's all about the gas!

What a stupid statement. That doesn't contradict the fact that the burning of fossil fuels causes an increase in the greenhouse gas content of the atmosphere, which leads to an overall rise in global temperature over the long term due to those gases trapping more energy from the sun.

Who benefits from climate change denial?

I have been repeatedly told not to believe what oil/energy companies say about global warming.
Why should I believe this guy and disregard the others?

The percentage?

Most if not all!

The natural contributors to green house gas emissions (volcanism mostly) and temperature due to solar radiation intensity have remained steady. These are the factors that drive natural climate changes throughout earths 4.5 Billion year history.

"natural" emissions that have increased but were enhanced by human activity such as cattle producing methane are considered human caused.

Two facts remain, global average temperature is increasing, and greenhouse gas concentration is increasing.

> actually building your homes next to water and not anticipating a fucking flood
Like Pottery

Hello Al Gore.
>what is water vapor???

Scientist depend on grants on perpetuating this myth. There's the profit motive. You offer people money for something you get a lot of that thing.

Climate Change has the conclusion and they are adjusting models to verify their bias. That's not science. It's antitruth.

Climate Change actually doesn't mean colder winters, in fact winter is warming at a faster rate than the other seasons. What's happening in North America is the Jet Stream that has Arctic air on the north side is dipping lower into the United States because the polar vortex is weakening, which also results in a warmer arctic.

"climate change makes winter colder and summer hotter. see that? no snow in december? random cool days in august? haha bigot, proof that climate change is real. Sometimes climate change makes winter warmer, and summer colder.

Remember how you were ready to suck dick to have a decent enough score on that last exam of your entire STEM curriculum so you could have your Bachelor/Master/Ph.D and go on with life?

Of course you don't. Else you'd know the scientific work is simply an extension of that world, except the dick sucking is now oriented towards more budget instead.

In other words, this:

No, governments bribed easily bribed liberal scientists to say this is real.

It's not cherry picking, it's a question of significance. Yeah, the global temperature/atmospheric content has fluctuated a lot.

The entirety of human existence is in the tiniest little sliver of that trend line you posted. That's the relevant information. There's no point talking about 65 million years ago to determine whether or not a global change of 2 degrees will kill us off today.

I'll bet you they don't claim that this science is "settled" after you highlight this graph. They'll go "well there are a lot of variables and differences in research, we just aren't sure yet!"

I'm as anti-pollution as you are, trust me.

I just think we should be focusing on the human health effects of localized pollutions rather than this whole climate change bullshit.

>But remember, 99% of all the climate scientists selected for a survey and then vetted depending on answer by a college student say its real

can someone post the cambridge PhD talk where he explains there has been a growth of greenery since the 80's and explains how the global warming garbage happened with pamphlets sent out to other scientists with multiple choice boxes to select if they believe in it or not?

>governments that are bribed by energy corps to deny climate change then bribed liberal scientists to say that climate change is real

And last year when we had a mild winter, you climate fags were out in force saying it was global warming. This is confirmation bias at its worst. Just give it up already.

So why don't fossil fuel companies fund research that shows otherwise?
Cimate change is an established fact

a lesson learned during the cold war that has been applied in the west

Have you never heard of the term "cooking the books"? Its easier to do than you think, Especially if its done at an institutional level. Its much easier to weave a big lie than a small one, because people are more likely to believe it.

How precisely is global average temperature calculated?
When specifically did this method begin?

no you fucking idiot it just makes no sense to talk about 65 million years ago in this context. The phenemona we're concerned with start less than 1000 years ago, which is not even a visible timeframe in the chart he posted.

see Humanity has developed and thrived in an atmosphere that had a concentration of CO2 between 250 and 300 ppm. We're now passing 400 ppm for the first time in human history. Fuck what happened 65 million years ago you illiterate oil company shill.

I remember that talk, a very good talk it was too.

>What about the Dust Bowl in the 30s, was that man made climate change?

Yes. It was literally top soil erosion caused shitty farming methods.

What happens when carbon dioxide levels increase?

Plants thrive

What happens when plants thrive?

Oxygen is created

What happens when Oxygen is created?

Humanity thrives and the balance is restored

>ignore anything that does not support my religious beliefs
Sure thing!

>CO2 was far higher than current levels several times during history without the influence of humans or industry in any way
>FUCK THAT, DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THAT YOU'RE A MORON!

>solar radiation is a constant

iflscience.com/environment/we-could-be-heading-mini-ice-age-2030/

Solar cycles are constantly fluctuating, and is the driving force behind all climate change.

climate change isn't bullshit. That's the thing. And if you can't see the effects of it, you're not looking.

For instance, Syria experienced a major drought right before the civil war that has sent millions of refugees across the globe.

>"GLOBAL WARMING 10000000 SCIENTISTS AGREE WE NEED TO CUT DOWN CARBON EMISSIONS AND LET THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES DO IT INSTEAD"
>check out these global cooling
>"w-we meant climate change"

Fifty years ago it was "global cooling" that all the scientists agreed on. But the world was getting warmer. Then they agreed on "global warming" but guess what? They were all wrong again because the earth was cooling. Now they have all agreed on "climate change" but guess what? The climate has been changing since before amino acids.

>cold winter means the winter sucks
???
The winters have been so fucking warm recently it's not even funny. I'm happy to have some snow this year.

Gotta love those graphs that fuck with the Y axis by making it a range of arbitrary values instead of starting at 0 like any other graph that's not trying to be deceitful.

That's all it is, they just expand it until the rise looks "scary" enough.

I like how conveniently that graph starts just after the end of the last ice age

How was this measured in 1880 and how is it measured now?

The Jews because they have further control on energy supply.

I blame "ifuckinglovescience" for half of this shit. Then again, Popular Mechanics magazine was the same deal, just more tuned down and less read. Undergrads treat the people in my office like fucking priests because we deal with funding and actually tell some researchers "no."

I'm convinced now that most people are inherently religious, and if they don't do it at church, their faith laches onto scientists as prophets. They don't understand scientific methods themselves, because they're too dumb, so they tout it as "praise science!!!" without understanding that criticizing and investigating the repeatability of a test is science itself.

Is so goddamn right. Blame the nonprofit sector's legal intricacies, specifically our university focused grant programs. There is no disincentive to produce bunk science right now, only "look good enough for funding." Most people in my position don't have math backgrounds so most univsersities don't have the checks necessary to determine when a study is using erroneous testing, be it hypothesis testing or, with many climate studies, nonlinear programming.

The time-scale in your chart is negligible.

All it shows is that the climate is always changing

Regurgitating your middleschool scientific education is not a compelling counterargument. Please leave and don't come back until you're of age. MODS.

Engage with what I'm saying you mongoloid.

I'm not ignoring that you fucking idiot. I'm not denying global climate temperature fluctuations. I'm saying that the ENTIRE HISTORY OF HUMANITY has taken place with a 250-300 carbon ppm concentration, and just in the past 200 years we have pushed that to over 400 ppm. The effects are already causing anomalous weather events around the globe.

I really like how this is setup. More wind is climate change. Less wind is climate change. Drought is climate change but so is flooding. Warmer summers that is climate change but so is colder summers. And if everything is the same as the year before then it is because of different wind patterns and cloud coverage but it is definitely changing take our word for it.

This

I am engaging all right.
Engaging in laughter at your religious fervor.

Engineered weather

>MODS

What? Are you legitimate. I was trying to simplify the process for you because, in reality, it is a simple process and you don't have an answer to it in reality. Your only rebuttal to an answer you can't answer is to literally write "MODS"

>He said something plainly obvious and so simple a child could understand it and I want it shut down oy vey MODS!!!

Protip it's all meaningless. You'd satellite data circa from late 1970s-1980s to get anything remotely usable.

Ice core drilling.

icecores.org/icecores/drilling.shtml

God why are you all so scientifically illiterate? Oh right, it's because Texas has been writing textbooks for fuck knows how long.

The graph isn't deceitful for starting at 250 ppm. That's just where it needs to start to actually show the relevant deviations from an established 10,000 year norm, that has changed significantly ONLY in the past 300 years.

blow me you ugly brit

>who benefits from climate change denial

Basically everyone in the first world so our economies aren't put under the boot of environmentalist commissars. After all the developing world wasn't ever going to be held accountable to carbon limits anyhow. So I guess your rising oceans matter fuckall to Brazil, India, and China.

It also doesn't help your case that doomsday is eternally being predicted by your camp and it fails to materialize. Which leaves you leaping like a pack of ghouls any time there's an abnormal freeze, typhoon, or flood anywhere on earth as proof that you were right all along.

Believe in global warming and gladly pay taxes on the air you breathe you fucking cucks. You already wilfully pay for your water. Now pay for your air.

The "consensus" of scientists is entirely contrived. Global warming models have been consistently wrong and there is no reason to believe they will suddenly become accurate. ZOG wants more power and wildly exaggerating a "global crisis" is seen as a good way to get the restive populations to give up even more freedom and money.

The fucking scientific community has already fucking admitted that our samples are retarded and short, and the results amount to fucking nothing.
Its too bad that its just a system completely abused like Clinton Foundation types and other foundations, charities that keep 90 cents on the dollar you donate to "save the whales"
lmao

God you know so little. Do you even know about the Petrodollar system? or OPEC? Do you know that FDR signed a deal with Saudi Arabia during WWII to allow us to harvest their oil? And then by the 70's they became more powerful than us and Nixon ended Bretton Woods because of the oil embargo? Fuck

That's litterally the human brain. It invents gods from randomness.

"Climate change" is literally unfalsifiable.
I think the next cassandra who says the ice caps will melt by 20xx if we don't do Y and then we don't do Y and the ice caps don't melt by 20xx should be publicly executed.

Same with any policy proposal really. "If we enact X regulation then we will see Y result by Z year." If we enact the regulation and don't see the result predicted by the legislator, then he is put to death.

But still, your tiny picture is ironically indicative of the tiny subest of data that you fuckers continually rely on.
There are many branches of science involved in climate research and prediction, and almost all of them are from 50 to 100 years old. That's infantile for the type of data collection and research that's needed to make the claims of climate fraudsters.

Shit, just read the IPCC's report and within minutes you'll see that the fucking bizarre and vague language they use on purpose is a complete joke. They have to fudge it because the data is all over the place.

The ONLY responsible answer is for us to keep on being as responsible as we can, cutting back pollution and trash, etc.. and continue doing research without suicidal political stunts like the Kyoto protocol.
I used to love the environment until the libtards got ahold of it. Just like I used to love fighting for civil rights and equality as a conservative. Now I don't give a fuck and don't even recycle anymore.
Liberals continue to ruin everything.

30 000 American scientists of all fields have signed a petition denying global warming. petitionproject.org/ just that should be enough to make you question the narrative. Stop watching television you fucking idiots.

yeah, but try explaining this to a rabid climate zealot. especially an eceleb with a fucking huge mouth and large following.

>every scientist whos funding and entire career only exists to study climate came together to say climate change is real and needs more study

wow how shocking

Has nothing to do with population and infrastructure right? We had the same pop and amount of buildings in the 50's right? That would never cause increased damage from storms.

Who flies in his private jet to climate symposia.
When Leonardo starts acting like there's a problem, I'll be closer to believing there's a problem.

More like 99% of these scientist are in over their head and parot the story which gives them the most security.

>mfw liberals can't even science
it's more subtle than that dude. evidence for the positive gets published and the researchers get more funding, while and evidence for the negative gets archived and never published.
look up publication bias

Petitions, and voting on whether something is true, is inherently not scientific. The population set of a vote does not change this.

You're literally trying to use majority rule as a scientifically valid statement. The only way to validly show such a hypothesis is true is to provide the data relied upon, and let others replicate the same conclusions using that data, if the underlying stats are even accurate. The fact you even thought a petition somehow validates what your saying shows only what others have been saying ITT

>you treat scientists as religious figures

It's not a hoax at all. Only idiots believe that. The dangers of it are just overstated.

climate change does NOT mean warmer summers and colder winters, that is an outright lie

you faggots must all be underage.

Learn about Standard Oil. The American Empire begins in 1870 when Rockefeller incorporated Standard Oil, and ended in 1973 when Nixon ended the Bretton Woods system because of the Saudi Oil embargo.

The Saudis, Israel and the US oligarchy colluded to carry out 9/11 to create the justification for the war on terror to stimulate the oil market. Climate Change is denied by Republicans and half-addressed by Democrats
because the oil lobby PAYS THEM TO DO SO.

This is right but incomplete, there's also the convenient solutions that always seem to expand government power and/or redistribute wealth to other nations

Dee oil lobby hurr-dee-hurr!