TTGL turned 10 years old this month Sup Forums

TTGL turned 10 years old this month Sup Forums

Can we have a thread about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i1_t4jiaTLs?t=9m44s
youtube.com/watch?v=0l__jSgTAmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L4IZCTqMz6I&t=4m23s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I rewatched it earlier this year, it's still fucking good. Looks slick, gets you fired up, as funny as it is inspiring. Love it to bits.

>We will never get Lazengan-hen

I've actually never seen the movie version before. I hear the ending's better.

Friendly reminder that Getter Emperor > STTGL and that spiral energy is just a cheap knock off of Getter Rays. One Getter Beam from Shin Getter is enough to allow Chou Ginga Dai-Gurren to transform into into Chou Ginga Gurren Lagann, which originally needed absorbing a ton of spiral energy from a destroyed singularity.

First part is meh and mostly a recopilation

Second movie is absolutely awesome

faggot

It's the truth.
youtu.be/i1_t4jiaTLs?t=9m44s

>mfw TTGL has finally become an "anime that people will be talking about 10 years from now"

I watched it for the first time this year. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. Props for creativity but man, my brain hurt every time I watched it, especially the last few episodes

>Toradora will be 10 years old next year

I liked the first half, didn't care for the second half, and 10 years later i don't remember much of it over all.

That music is goddam beautiful

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible.

Nia>Yoko

I'll never forget this song
youtube.com/watch?v=0l__jSgTAmQ

it goes with everything

>YFW when it will still be talked about in 20 years time.

I'm so proud.

>Literal autistic spoiled flat brat
>Hottest redhead ever fighter chick

I know which one I'd pick

After watching the Parallel Works I like the soundtrack less, I don't know how it's possible to cheapen a great soundtrack like GL's, but they did it.

Does whatever that is have a subbed version? It looks like a mid-2000s clusterfuck fanfiction, in a good way.

SRW doesn't have subs but I think playthroughs get subbed on youtube.

>yoko died a virgin
Hope Kamina gets to plow her when she joins him

No.

Started TTGL 6 years ago, never finished it because I got out of anime shortly after. Dedicated a day to watching it a few months ago, and damn do I regret not taking the time to finish it back then.

What the fuck does it even mean to "get out of anime"? Do you treat hobbies and interests like stocks?

Not him, but a lot of us go thorugh the "I need to mature and leave anything fun behind" phase, just to realize how idiotic that was a year or 2 later

>do you treat hobbies/interest like socks
>you're not allowed to stop doing something for a given amount of time

If I spent all of my free time watching anime it wouldn't be as fun as it is when I can sit down and go through a series I haven't seen before. I have no desire to obsessively consume anything I enjoy, that's unhealthy

user that's...not a phase.
You don't seriously intend on watching anime in your late 30's do you?

It's overrated as shit.

There, I've said my piece.

>...
Faggot.
Not him, but to be honest, I would probably stop browsing Sup Forums, but I'd still enjoy anime occasionally. Older people watch TV shows, what's the deal with watching anime? It's not like there aren't tons of genres out to keep you interested, too. It's silly to drop a beloved hobby just because.

I'm in my mid thirties right now. Why not keep this pleasure cruise on course?

>It's silly to drop a beloved hobby just because

Depends on your situations. I've dropped plenty of things that were honestly having a negative effect on me, despite however much I may have enjoyed them. If my anime watching ever became detrimental I would do the same, but as of now it does me more good than anything.

Are you too """mature""" for anime?

I still want video commentary of neil degrasse tyson watching the second movie. I don't know whether his head will explode from laughing too hard or all the scientific inaccuracies.

I prefer Top wo nerae (and Top wo nerae 2 which was pretty much a proto-ttgl)
Still love TTGL though

enjoy getting killed after your first kiss

This

Kissing Yoko has a 100% chance of inducing death in sacrificial glory immediately afterwards.

Kiss Nia, however, and you'll just have to watch her disperse, and somehow keep living.

Come to think of it, maybe Yoko is better.

The curse does not take effect if you get her to kiss your dick first. That's what my older brother told me.

>if anime watching ever became detrimental
That would be due to your lack of self-control, if anything. I agree with your point of view, but consider this:
Most anons' time (and perhaps, yours) is actually spent more on Sup Forums than watching anime. You could stop browsing Sup Forums, enjoy the free time you gain from that, and still be able to watch anime daily.

The biggest problem with the movie is that they cut the shot of the dial exploding out into the cockpit.

That was a fantastic little touch and was reinforced by previous references to the dial in the series.

No idea why it got cut.

So now it's as old as its target audience

The 2nd movie jumped the shark.

The original TV series final fight was better.

I like those digits, im proud of you user.

Name ONE 10-year-old anime that people aren't talking about.

Koutetsushin Jeeg.

lol

>The 2nd movie jumped the shark.

No it didn't. The anti-spirals were always there and the scope of action is just how spirals works: slow start with small and then get to gigantic.

Getter Emperor is ugly AF.

Worst Getter design. Good thing Linebarrels author will be fixing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=L4IZCTqMz6I&t=4m23s

Kamishiro Hibiki a shit

I'm so jealous of how smart you think you are. Must be nice to be that deluded

Viral>everything

How many anime shows get talked about ten years after they air?

the first anime to make me care about a character so much that i stop watching it for a year just because of you know what

>muh Getter Robo

>it's the stupidest thing i've ever seen in my life

Things you've never looked at:
>Spongebob
>Reality TV
>A Mirror

Spongebob is genius though.

>Show is genius through its use of stupidity
>This makes it not stupid

You can't see the forest for the trees.

>Props for creativity
It literally just takes established ideas and magnifies them.

>not muh getter robo
It's the only super robot franchise (along with mazinger) that keeps getting material every now and then.

that's anime&japan in general

It takes smarts to be aware of your own stupidity, and more to use it effectively enough to make humor out of it. Most shows have their own distinct goals, Spongebob and TTGL were about being smart, they were about having fun.

>TTGL were about being smart
retard

TTGL was smarter than anything currently airing.

10 years, huh. Sure makes me nostalgic for more simpler times of 2007, wish we could go back.

Weren't*
Holy crap

>Can we have a thread about it?
we've already had several, Sup Forums

>monitor is 1920x1080
>multiple options how to deal with too large images as desktop backgrounds
>"cut" is just enough to see the head on the right side
>after 9000 hours in paint I got this
Yes - it is just a portion of the original but I like asymetrical pictures

You do know there's a "fit" option in your desktop menu, right?

I didn't like how only Kittan died in second movie. Sure, rest of the brigade were glorified fodder, but having them die showed that winning this battle isn't as easy as everything before it.

Nice
I tried something too

ttgl fags are hit in the head

Name 50 anime smarter than TTGL

your mom

That's true though.

It cracks me up how there's always one insecure retard like this in every single TTGL thread.

Jackie Chan

I never watched tumblr toplol gangbang, is it any good?

It's a show that will be remembered ten years from now.

Butchers a few things terribly but adds better animation and fights at the very end

Just read Getter Robo.

Well I don't know what that is but TTGL is gud

What does he do all day?

Helps the world

Plants flowers for Nia or something

not really.

it's mediocre.