How much physical manga do you own?

How much physical manga do you own?

Over 250 volumes and a few issues of shonen jump and a dragon ball artbook

Everytime I see those threads I feel bullied.

One diog eared volume of Naruto that I got for my twelfth birthday

Why? It's just a hobby. I like having stacks of manga on my shelf, I haven't actually read most of them, physically anyway. It's just nice to have them there

2 Naruto volumes (20th and 41st) and one One Piece volume (10th)

I only have a single volume of the Ragnarok manhua.

Now that's just retarded.
I get collecting stuff as a hobby.
But why not read them, it's not like they have much monetary value they could lose.
And if you just want coold stuff on your shelve, why not buy a figure.

I have the entire Shaman King series, and most of the 1st Naruto series. I wanna start buying some more now, but for smaller series or stuff with nice covers.

>But why not read them
I've already read them online. I buy them to support the author and to have them easily available in case I ever want to read them again.

I counted 364 on 25 differents series (9 being already finished)

I also had at least 130 more that I sold back or gave

A bit over 500 volumes.

Around 80 vols of One Piece, 6 of Madoka (3 original story, 3 Rebellion) K-on 1-4 as well as collage and high school, and some bits and bops of other series

I have two volumes of One Piece that I bought 12-13 years ago back when I was still a pleb, that's all, I mostly buy figs now.

That's a lot of volumes. I have the 3 Box sets of Naruto (72 volumes), 2 Box sets of Bleach (48 volumes), K-ON, Dengeki Daisy, Ouran High School Host Club, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, 8 volumes of Hikaru no Go and Death Note.

Only about 50 or so. It's been a recent hobby and I really should buy more Japanese tanks to better support the industry there but it's nice to have them in English for immediate reading.

Anyone get the Master releases for Blame! recently? I've been tempted but the size just seems inconvenient even though they probably look gorgeous.

0, cause I'm not stupid.

>posting on Sup Forums
>not being stupid

A good chunk are manga I already read online for free and decided to buy, the only ones I bought "blind" are mostly one volume stories, Kimi ni todoke and Natsume.

Any idea of good places to buy Japanese books? I always buy manga when I go to Japan because it's so cheap but it's too heavy to bring a lot back.

>wasting money on paper when you can read such media online for free

It is the prerogative of children and women to waste their money on useless things, not men.

364 volumes, spent over 3.000 Euro on it.

Used to be a lot. Over 200 volumes, I think. But now most of them are eaten by termites.

>buys localized product
>thinks he's supporting the author
Sure user, if it makes you feel good.

>he never spent francs on it

Around 400. But I'm so short on cash I only buy One Piece anymore.

Why would the author not get paid if the localized product is licensed?

No, but DM. My first manga volume was Blame! #1 in 2001. I sold it at some point because I'm a dumb person.

t. I waste money on things I don't need and may never use just to have them.

Upper Middle class was a mistake.

That's not what I said.
Also, lurk more.

If you're really defining your perceived manliness via your stance on buying physical copies of comics, I have bad, bad news for you.

How doesn't it support the author?

The author gets a cut. It's their IP. It might not be a big cut but it's better than nothing.

Joke's on you I import tankoubon from Japan.

So few i can name them:
CYNTHIA the mission (Complete)
Franken Fran (Complete)
Sasameki Koto (Complete)
Gamma (Complete)
Koukaku no Pandora (current volume)
Watamote (current volume)

The fact you even replied to defend the action shows you're insecure.

Also
We're talking about manga not comics. Comics can have real potential re-sale value.

Point is no matter how you slice it, spending 3k on frivolous garbage that you may never use is wasteful and childish and only amplified by the fact that you said nothing of making it a collector's investment. Such an investment is a bad idea, but at leas tthere is some logic behind it.

Of course, you're not going to agree because you are the one childish enough to actually do such a thing and not see the fault in it. Go buy your 30 volumes of manga you will never read and your 50 shirts and pairs of shoes that you will never definitely wear just to have them.

tl;dr. ur a faget

I want the newfags to leave.
Western companies pay a fee for the license.
No matter how many localized manga you buy, that money will go to the company selling that shit, not the Japanese.
Sure by keeping that buisness alive, the Japanese get their money, but one of the worst ways to support the artist.
If you REALLY care about supporting them you should import your shit.

>Berserk 1-33
>Ouran complete
>GTO the early years 1-9
>Genshiken 1-9 (Pre-reboot complete)
>Inukami complete
>Pretty face complete
>Musashi #9 1-9
>Yotsub&! 1-9
>Dorothea complete.

There is a store in my town where the guy is a pretty cool dude who sells me in bulk with discount.

Largest regret by far is Pretty face, it was by the guy who made Mx0 but it was pretty bad. Inukami is underrated as fuck.

If you want to support the author send them some money instead of jumping through hoops trying to read moonrunes.

Why not just buy localized manga? It's already been pointed out that the author gets a cut of the sale.

>It's already been pointed out that the author gets a cut of the sale.
Except that's not true.

It's not wasted if it's something you enjoy. Do you even have any hobbies or is that sub-optimal for you superior brain?

Nichijou 1-7, 8 on preorder...Ichigo Mashimaro 1-5, Yotsuba 1-6, Shoulder a Coffin Kuro 1-3, Hidamari Sketch 9, Cromartie High School 1, 2, and 4.

Aaaand, that's it.

Except it is.

1 volume of AOT
1 volume of Death note
1 volume of FMA
That's it.

>800~900

These ones + both volumes of What a Wonderful World

looks good m8

Probably around 300 but I need to sell some. I want to get the new edition of Blame but I don't have enough room for it now.

I also want to buy Houseki no Kuni but I'm wary of what the English translation is going to look like. The title they gave it sounds really dumb too.

Couple hundred volumes I guess. Gonna get all of Berserk, Vagabond, REAL and Bakuman this year I think, so that'll put it closer to three hundred.

Why not get the rest of Death Note and FMA?
Show us Great One!

Going to need a source on that.

We just went over this.

How's Lucifer & Biscuit Hammer?

My shelf contents and pre-orders amount to around $2000. A good mix of figs and manga.

You see when you buy your mangos from your local store they don't send fucking money back to him. By the time the store buys it the author has already recieved all of his cut.

Its very good, i dont think theres anyone i wouldnt recommend it to

But good in what way? I only know what the series' premise is.

That's how just about everything works.
Purchasing the books after that fact shows a demand, and thusly, when the new volume comes out, stores are going to see that the book sold and stock it.

Shit, i am terrible at actually explaining why i like stuff but i guess what i like most about it is that it has likeable characters, gives every character time to shine and doesnt drag on too long.

You're certainly no salesman.

is that a...
Nice collection, user.

Yeah, sorry. I guess try and enter a Biscuit Hammer/Mitoshi Kizukami thread and asking there instead, im sure someone can sell it to you better than me

It's about a wizard that wants to smash the Earth with a giant hammer and so a gang of people with animal familiars get assembled to battle him, except that their leader, the lucifer in the title, wants to destroy the Earth herself (unbenownst to the Knights she leads)

It's a very good coming of age story, a must read for anyone interested in Shonen at all.

Do you like over the top shit like TTGL? Then you'll love it.

>tfw Japanese store nearby carries manga
I'm tempted to buy some, but my Japanese isn't the best.

Complete:
Rurouni Kenshin, Ichigo 100%, Saint Seiya, Slam Dunk, I''s, Slayers: Knight of the Aqualord, Slayers Premium, Marmalade Boy, Card Captor Sakura, Saber Marionette J, Midori no Hibi, Clover, Angelic Layer, .hack Legend of the Twilight, Blood + spin-offs and a couple of one-volume series.

Incomplete:
Yu Yu Hakusho v1-10, Video Girl Ai v1-v7, Evangelion v1-v12, Saint Seiya Episode G v1-v13, Tenjō Tenge v1-v4, Ikkitoursen v1-v16, Hellsing v1-v4, Daydream v1, Vagabond v1-v3.

I don't buy a new one in years...

Well I'm always happy to buy more thick manga volumes, I'll see about it sometime during the summer.
>Rurouni Kenshin
Now here's another series I have to ask about.

Because I already read those online, and I don't like to spend money on entertainment.

>he doesn't like having stuff on his shelf
How the hell do you decorate your room?

Hellsing, Love Hina, some eight xxxHolic, Chobits, Tramps Like Us (great josei, didn't buy though, friend of sister gave it to me) all of Blame!, NOiSE, some Ragnarök. I haven't bought anything new in a decade or so, though.

Only all the currently released Umineko books.

I inherited all 11 volumes of Kagetora, which were my older sisters.

>completed
GTO, GTO 14 shonan days, Ranma 1/2, City Hunter, Slam Dunk, Azumanga Daioh, Thermae Romae, Appleseed, GITS, Emma, Letter Bee, Midori no Hibi

>still going on
Bride's Stories, Dimension W, Pumpkin Scissors, Nobunaga no Chef, Team Medical Dragon, Chihayafuru, Barakamon, Prison School, Silver Spoon, Plinius, Yotsuba, Spice & Wolf, Merry Nightmare

>Status unknown
Bastard!!!

>started, dropped, then sold or given at various degrees of completion
Shingeki no Kyojin, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball, Dai no Daibouken, Yuyu Hakusho, Kami no Shizuku, Hitman part-time killer, Love Hina, Angel Heart

So around 600, I guess

Just picked up some more manga that i had ordered so have an updated picture

Old VIZ Pokemon and Zelda shit from when I was a kid. I don't have the money to actually buy manga.

I have a rubbermaid box full of stuff I bought and shipped home while deployed in Japan. I managed to collect all of Initial D, and almost all of Wangan Midnight. Also have the first 4 K-On, and first 4 Taiho Shichauzo.
I'm trying to sell the Initial D right now, and whenever I visit my buddies back there I'll be sure to try to find the rest of what I don't have.

>City Hunter
Nice desu.

>a bloo a bloo stop buying localized manga guise

I like how Sup Forums has a shelf thread most of the time. Wish Sup Forums had too. They make me want to do better and buy more shit.

I used to post my manga purchases in the buyfag thread here but it's full of autistic cunts buying several hundred dollar figmas to hotglue, they don't give a fuck about books

Sup Forums's shelf threads are home to some of the best comics and manga discussion on the site

Too bad Sup Forums is disgusting tumblr shit, on the opposite side of Sup Forums in the political side of the scale but just as shitty and cancerous.

Play nice, we've got a good thread going.

Yeah it's a shadow of its former self. But then again I've come to the conclusion that I've just outgrown this site. No wonder all the name and tripfags I grew up up around left, they got old

Maybe you should go back if that triggers you, Sup Forumscksucker.

Thousands of volumes. It's a sickness for me.

Sup Forums brought itself down, "being nice" to outsiders made them incapable of resisting the tumblr and capeshit waves of the '10s, it's the go to example of why a retard filter is good.

Yup, it's the most walked over board on the entire site. They don't seem to recognize Sup Forumsbait until it's 200 fucking replies in. Too old for this shit

I only have

>Mirai Nikki 1
>All You Need Is Kill 2

I'm a pleb I know

At least the demographics are finally shifting and the great influx of newfags from 2011-2014 are already accustomed to anonimity, i think even boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums are able to keep a culture by nit being flooded by more newfags that they can contain.
Except Sup Forums and Sup Forums, one by exposure and the other by cancerous culture, they are just a revolving door of cancer.

shelf threads are still good, you're lucky if one makes it past 150 posts on Sup Forums

Is it true the American release of the DB manga censors the nudity?

And why would that be a good thing? What does blogging about your collection bring to the board? Nothing, Sup Forumscksucker.

Shingeki no Kyojin up to the latest volume
Dorohedoro 1-9 + 14 because it was the latest release at the time I bought it
Select volumes of Naruto (the OMG WHAT A TWEEST ones like nalt meeting his mom because I hate myself)
Vagabond omnibuses (don't have 5, 9 and 12)
Volumes 3, 6, 8 of Cromartie
Numerous 1-2 volumes of manga whose names I've forgotten

my tastes are shit I know

Cromartie and Vagabond say otherwise, at least.

gb2 Livejournal, fag

My fellow Dorobros. Why isn't there more people into this shit? It's depressing.

no