You're in public transit when this cute girl tries to pull an "it's me" scam on you

>you're in public transit when this cute girl tries to pull an "it's me" scam on you
How do you respond?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/tag/its-me-scam/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's with those silly borders?

He watched a camrip and they added borders to make it 720.

Still waiting for those BDs before I watch it.

Why don't you just watch it twice?

How does this scam even work? Do Japanese people just pretend to know someone when they say "It's me"?

Japanese are made from spaghetti so finding a spaghetti monster isn't tough
You just pretend to know them and go from there, Scam 101

Sexual harassment.
Then I'll pull an "I thought it was you" on her.

It's not "the Japanese".

It's just one of the countless goofs that they put in anime and hope it turns out funny.

The Japanese are actually pretty damn cautious, and many just ignore strangers who talk to them in the street if they look suspicious, look like they're trying to promote something, etc.

wait, so is the scam in attempt to get to actually know the person because you're attracted to them? or is an actual scam for favor/money?

Not a scammer nor have I experienced it, but I imagine it's a cheap and convenient way to get into a club, a bus ticket or something. Scenario's might include such things as

>There's a long line for a club
>You walk up to the third guy in line
>"Hey buddy, it's me! Remember? Thanks for saving me a place in line!"

>You're on a train without a ticket
>"Hey buddy, it's me! Remember? Look I ran out of money, mind paying my ticket for me? Thanks!"

You basically get what you want by exerting social pressure on vulnerable targets.

oh, that's much more simpler than I was thinking
I don't even think that's an anime thing in general tbqh

No, it's done by telephone.
You call somebody. "It's me. I'm in trouble."
The other guy is distressed and, not thinking clearly, makes a guess who it is. "Is it user?"
"Yes, of course it is. I need 5000 dollars, quick."

>it ain't me starts playing

that's retarded, at least to me
I wouldn't even begin to start pondering that unless someone approached me in person

I don't know their success rate, but a lot of people fall for it.

Because the first time is the most important and I don't like eyecancer. Besides, it's not like I'm in a huge rush to see it or I was incredibly excited about it, mostly I just want to see what all the fuss is but I'm expecting a mildly entertaining romance movie and not much more.

It is Shinkai, you kind of know what you're getting into. Every movie is the same.

So the visuals are even more important.

Go with the flow and try to go to the nearest police station. She's probably escaped from an asylum.

"Oh yeah, I remember you. we used to have sex behind the gym. wanna fuck again for old times sake"

stutter speak city

>Taki-kun
>keeps looking at his English cards
This scene was heartbreaking.

>"it's me" scam

Elaborate.

The ending almost sent me into a fit of rage. Fuck the Japs and their lack of physical contact too.

>Dude it's me
>We were in the same class, team, etc together!

And so on. The goal is to buddy up with someone and then get something out of it that seems reasonable, such as lunch, a bus ticket, or so on.

>>We were in the same class, team, etc together!
No, again. You allow the other party's fantasy to run wild. You don't tell them much about yourself, you acknowledge what they guess, while telling them that you are in urgent need of money.

>The goal is to buddy up with someone and then get something out of it that seems reasonable, such as lunch, a bus ticket, or so on.
what if I fall in love with the scammer?

stop spamming this meme

japantimes.co.jp/tag/its-me-scam/

How dumb are these niggas? Do they not know what caller ID is?

Elderly people use elderly phones.

I can't tell anybody apart in the country, so I probably fall for it.

sighhhh

BDs when

some time in May