Thomas Monson, President of the Mormon Church, Dies at 90

nytimes.com/2018/01/03/obituaries/thomas-monson-dies.html

Who do you think will fill the position?
Who do you WANT to fill the position?
Henry B. Eyring or Dieter F. Uchtdorf?

Other urls found in this thread:

thespectrum.com/story/news/local/cedar-city/2018/01/03/who-next-mormon-prophet/1000150001/
youtu.be/ew1J8L8TzUg
bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/12/23/mormon-mogul-eyes-small-town-vermont-for-vast-futuristic-development/VevYULqFPKGSnd8zHj2twL/story.html
youtu.be/-mOY2eWO2qw
lds.org/scriptures/bofm/three?lang=eng
fairmormon.org/answers/Book_of_Abraham/Kolob
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think Gallagher should be the next President.
Can you imagine how crazy general conference would be with him smashing watermelons and it splashing all over the hotties?

Holland all the way. Met him three times. Shook his hand once. He’s a great guy. Potentially redpilled.

Mitt Romney isn't busy.

he's got (had? haven't seen him in a few years) a home next to me in Midway. he's a genuinely nice guy.

>Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

>>Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
teach them according to their understanding then.

I sang in conference and was also able to talk to bednar. He’s also a good pick. Basically as long as it isn’t a cucked boomer then I’m fine with it.

Isn't it automatically supposed to be Elder Nelson?
He's the oldest, isn't he?

thespectrum.com/story/news/local/cedar-city/2018/01/03/who-next-mormon-prophet/1000150001/
Yup it's supposed to be Elder Nelson. He's 93 years old, so his presidency might not last long. Hopefully he's pretty redpilled about things and can ameliorate the freaking crisis that's happening.
Also, I'm a recent convert and you guys don't know how the process works? Shameful dispray

lol. GALLAGHER!
youtu.be/ew1J8L8TzUg

Oh look another bluepilled dude who doesn't know anything about Mormonism except for what he sees on the internet.

aw come on, Brother user. i was raised a Mormon.

Cool. Just not fond of those who calls us old-fashioned. Anything that can take us further from the pathologies of the current state of the world around us the better, that's all.
I am currently writing an extensive essay on how to best adapt to today's environment without sacrificing our values and without giving the church for the third world to destroy, as the current trends indicate. Will present it to my cucked stake president just to test the waters. I want to see how leadership in the church reacts to redpills.

tell us about planet kolab.

You are blinded by the rationalist ethos brought on by the enlightenment which set the course for destruction of the inherently irrational nature of religions. If one disposes of this perceptual framework, and merges it with the psychological truths that are embedded in the mythos of religions, one can come to utility and meaningful enrichment in life.
In other words, I will not debate my religion in the framework you present because is incomplete.

Mittens

>because is incomplete

Ok, Jamal. Bix nood.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Before the enlightenment, the world was holy. Science and religion were congruent. This caused accusations of hereticism and punishment to innocent people doing good science. The empirical method of science and its logical foundations became slowly part of the essence of what once was a religious experience in people's life. This is in grand part what Nietzsche called the "death of God". Religious systems are inherently irrational, and do not survive empirical scrutiny. They do have a truth which is empirically ineffable and powerful to the human psyche: our search for meaning, our character transformations, and the collective unconscious which lays hidden in the minds of everyone, making itself vibrant in dreams, fantasies, and in religious experience.

but what about Highlander? do you think it's a good movie?

I've personally dismissed television entertainment completely. I could tell you why, but given your response I don't think you genuinely care, rather you mock what you can't understand. I'm I right or did I read your intents wrong?

I think the mormon church needs to get
>Culturally enriched

science and religion seek explanations, but they'll never figure out real truth.

and Highlander is a great movie. but it's rated R, so you can't watch it. nah-nyah-nah-nyah-nah!

It already is, and the situation with its western members is dire.

Then you don't understand religion, and I say this genuinely. There's something that you're missing and if you come to understand it, then I'd welcome your criticism of it.

i don't know nuthin. all i know is my heart.

Imagine all the potential you have, yet you waste yourself in indulgences and cynicism. It's sad, and I hope you realize it, but it's not likely. You will continue to evade your own realization of wasted potential, and remain in a state of mediocrity and emptiness.

this is true. however, i make some of the best threads on Sup Forums

lol, you guys remember that thread i made trying to make everyone think that Jim Carrey started a riot at the Vatican because he climbed atop a birdbath and started burping? LOL

Read back how you've responded, and read carefully at the content. Ask yourself what did you intend when you said this? What are you hiding from yourself?
You will likely leave this thread. I don't think you have it in you.

It's for the best. I'm not a Mormon myself but Monson is definitely one of the weaker leaders the church has had. They need a hard liner right now like Benson instead of someone on the slightly moderate side like Monson was.

You can't stop it.
Crying Virgin Mary/Burping Jim Carrey 2020

We definitely do. I say this without paranoia or exaggeration: the church is dying from its source. The fact that almost nothing drastic is being done, and they continue to paint everything as being sustainable is truly concerning.

What would your father think if he were to see you? How would he feel about you?
Drop the veil.

He sees all my bullshit mortal ways. He's thankful for it, in a way.

No one gives a shit about your cult's rules

What about my church that makes you so resentful? Is there something that you see in it which you don't see in yourself?

I'm an ex Mormon AMA

You tryna take over another state. You got your containment state already, any more of that type shit is grounds for auschwitzing.

bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/12/23/mormon-mogul-eyes-small-town-vermont-for-vast-futuristic-development/VevYULqFPKGSnd8zHj2twL/story.html

once a Mormon always a Mormon. sorry, PAL.

It's definitely going to be Nelson. He has greatest seniority on the church's board of directors (the LDS church is a corporation sole) so he kinda has to. I'm sure his wife Wendy Nelson, that dusty, old, Sheri Dew-fingering cunt, is creaming her Jesus Jammies at the thought of finally being a prophets wife!

heeey, Vermont sounds great. women with uppity WASPy accents give me a hard on the size of Florida.

>grew up Mormon, pioneer heritage
>fell away during fedora phase in high school, still atheist I guess???
>haven't been active in 10 years
>visit family in Utah every year
>comfy to see a still-intact white society

Should I start going again? Is it worth it to try to make myself believe again?

Is the LDS Church still able to weather the world's attacks? From what I'd heard it was starting to erode and follow along with the poz of the rest of the world, or at least making itself more vulnerable.

It'd be nice to have a wholesome Mormon life with a wife and kids someday, though...

mormons use the internet?

It's gonna be Nelson unless shit hits the fan.

How come your prophet couldn't prove to anybody except Brigham Young what was on the stones? Every Biblical prophet before Joseph Smith had proof of their revelation. Moses had his ten commandments which he showed the isrealites, Jesus came back from the dead, but what did Smith do save for say some bullshit in his hat he refused to show anybody was the word of God himself.
I think Mormons are wonderful people with great values, but goddamn is your religion fucking kooky. Also you never responded to the previous post asking what the planet was, you shoved your fingers in your ears and said "lalalalalalala I can't hear you you're wrong fuck the enlightenment".

Born and raised. Exed when I was a young liberal for campaigning against the knight amendment in CA in the 90s. Now I'd totally support the knight amendment and the faggots who reported me wouldn't. I want back in!

Can't swallow the theological pill, but everything else jives.

Mormon excommunication isn't permanent if you repent. You could go back if you really wanted to.

I'll go ahead and answer for the other dude. As far as I know Joseph Smith didn't even prove it to Brigham Young. The witnesses of the Book of Mormon only saw the golden plates with their "spiritual eyes." So either they were full of shit or they had some kind of vision, which wouldn't have been uncommon during that time since everybody was dabbling in mysticism and the occult. As far as I know, nobody ever saw the physical plates. In addition, Brigham Young was a notorious liar and both he and previous leaders of the church doctored the historical record. History of the LDS church is messy, messy, messy.

i was excommunicated for farting in the mic on testimony sunday. how dare they!

>What about my church that makes you so resentful?

the pedophilia? if you want further proof just go watch those little girls picking those pecans during harvest and realize every single fucking one of them is being banged by their dad

also Mormonism is putting out nothing but corrupt FBI officers, seriously you guys need to fuck off before a big anti mormon thing comes down and we shoot a couple of your guys once they get too uppity ,

you're a cult of child molesters, don't forget your place

pecans?!

the biggest pecan farms in the US are owned by mormons from Salt Lake, they don't hire labor choosing to use their children aged under 10 to do the work instead

so anybody who really doesn't like pedophilia can take direct action by boycotting pecans

>boycotting pecans
get the fuck out of my thread.

I know how the next prophet is selected. OP asked who would you WANT to be prophet.

Ok. D.u.m.b d.u.m.b d.u.m.b d.u.m.b d.u.m.b

that ok go enjoy your pedophile pecans you pervert

i guess that'll have to do for now!

>not liking butter pecan ice cream
>not doing the electric slide at every church dance ever

Isn't it time for a trans-prophet? Makes the hokey crap Joseph Smith talked about seem sane. Caitlyn Jenner is your next best prophetess.

you can't resist it
youtu.be/-mOY2eWO2qw

i like the idea of a woman prophet. i nominate Kristen Wiig. she's so funny.

I think that it is able, but what it needs is something closely akin to chemotherapy.

>you shoved your fingers in your ears and said "lalalalalalala I can't hear you you're wrong
That is not what I did, and it seems to me you didn't understand what I thought was a legitimate answer.

It's always the apostle that was ordained first.

Good riddens. He was a fuckn pedo and Mormons are fuckn retards

S to spit on his grave

Monson had some harder talks in the 60s and 70s about topics like feminism. He softened up after a while.

Did you wear magical white underwear?

Likewise -- ExMormonfag here

Part of me will always be Mormon in culture, but I took up drinking and coffee lately and like it. Never stopped masturbating since 16 but I guess that and the fact that I'm an autist is why I never got celestially laid or went on my mish.

I hope this is true

>good riddens

As opposed to bad riddens?

It's riddance.

Yeah Mormons got Kike'd in the 70's when they 'gave' Nignogs 'priesthood authority'. Now Mormon youth are either coalburners, cucked, or white supremacists

what's this crisis then? Can I get a quick rundown?

Occam's razor dictates that if you refuse to acknowledge an argument and decide to not even respond, even if the basis of a corrupt framework of argument, you're a pussy and proving everybody's point. Answer my questions and stop trying to defend 56% Moses.
Mormonism is a catch 22.
Great people, awful scripture.

Press f to pay respects

I always liked Uchtdorf a lot more than Eyring

F

>my bullshit is better than your bullshit

Mine or the uchtdorf fanboy?

If anyone's going to be the next leader, it should be someone from Joe's Bar and Grill

>Let us here observe, that a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things, never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation.
>Joseph Smith Jr.

Let's face it. You never had the strength to live up to the task. Your spiritual weakness made you prone to degeneracy. It's sad you were not man enough.

Find the missionaries. Man up.

Wow what a brilliant comment, I'm sure Lucifer would be proud of your haughtiness. The reason I don't go to church is because people like you go. Most Mormons are either close minded snobs or closet hypocrites. There's a reason why anti-depressants are rampant in the culture.

Mormons have a very strict line of succession. Whoever the President of the 12 is becomes the next "prophet."

(((satan)))

defining yourself by your exe is pathetic in dating and religion. get some self respect and be a man.

lds.org/scriptures/bofm/three?lang=eng

search witnesses of the book of mormon and drop the cringe

youngfag, you're tossing in the wind. the church teaches

Quote by Joseph Smith

Peace be still, bury the hatchet and the sword, the sound of war is dreadful in my ear. [But] any man who will not fight for his wife and children is a coward and a bastard.

keep the word of wisdom and get ripped, do your book of mormon study and get spiritual, and find a wife and make lots of babys

the church exists to build the family, not the reverse

take the final redpill and become a humble leader of your family like nephi

drop the edgy faggot shit

fairmormon.org/answers/Book_of_Abraham/Kolob

read up

would you like rebuttals and would you read them like a man or are you happy in your ignorance

23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

You aren't strong enough for that redpill

We need to be persecuted is what we need

I'm agnostic but still go almost every week and remain active. Worth it I think.

Press M to bury in magic underwear.

Press P to bestow planet.