French foreign legion

I will be leaving the United states in june and joining the French foreign legion.
I made the decision when my fiance left me on new years eve, it was an eye opener to me about where i was in life.
I have a domestic violence charge from when i was 18 that will follow me For the rest of my life here.
Im not going to tell my family until i have made it thru preselection, it will just be easier that way.
I will be spending the rest of my time in the states training as hard as i can to get in good shape and working a shitty job saving money for travel expenses and documents required.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Guard
youtube.com/watch?v=-t1I3eXpWys&list=PLo25j90IvL3pq8BgHCfw8ICrsupYwX6_f
youtube.com/watch?v=LxEpMsDZIic
youtube.com/watch?v=QC6-AhOmnCk
youtube.com/watch?v=ueRzA9GUj9c
youtube.com/watch?v=11_SOgOMvh0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_presence_in_the_United_States_military
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do it, push yourself to your limits and become a warrior

Good for you man!
But some books and research what to expect. Also try and learn the basics of French language.
Good luck!

learn french, if you havnt already your a fucking retard, they speak french in the french foreign legion believe it or not

Learning French?

forgot about the ID tags?

Lel

Good boy

They've already sacrificed their country to Sholomo's altar of multiculturalism? Why are they fighting his wars?

Kick ass, and Godspeed -

They prefer people with prior military experience, so you might not get in. Also start learning French.

Not true

I heard its mostly boring, so if you except fight and chaos dont.

You will be mopping bathrooms, will train with shit equipement and when u get deployed in French Guinea or Mali you will be guarding some random posts and will be dying of boredom.

Ffl is romanticized a lot, but 90% of it just boring.

emberassing

So...... a criminal can join US armed forces?

anything for ((((you's))))

Have fun dying.
I worked with some FFL guys in Africa. They are solid guys but every guy said the same thing. They are under funded and under armed.

Get used to no C.A.S or gun ships and shitty pay.

I'm MARSOC, and they are hardcore, but they get the shit end of the stick more so than the Marines.

Probaly will die on the first mission but good luck.

>howdy fellow frogs where the dr pepper at

I know someone who did that once. Do anything wrong and two weeks in solitary confinement. Turn down promotion and two weeks in solitary confinement. Ask to leave and guess what? Two weeks in solitary confinement. Run along.

Don't listen to him. You will learn once there as everyone else. If you know French (or admit it) preselection and selection will be harder.

No, they don't.

Somewhat this, if you are not good enough for the career.

This too. It's not that dramatic though, no dying.

It's not that hardcore anymore.

do it.

i thought that they just turn people away if they don't speak french

They need to make a gritty movie about the Devil's Guard already.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Guard

No, it’s open to foreigners that are physically able to do it. There are different trainings tho, one is for French speakers from Metropolitan France and the other is for non French speakers.

I´ll join you in 9 months

wow, that was just... very sad.

(You)

>gf left me and my life sucks, therefore i'm going to make it even worse
what's your endgame?

Toughen myself up i suppose, i like the hierarchy of military but my own country doesnt want me

>french foreign legion
edgy

That would be a pretty stupid rule and expectation since it's supposed to be a FOREIGN LEGION.

>Toughen myself up i suppose
i'm no one to be bragging about anything but for what i have seen lots of military men get cucked and pstd batshit crazy.
you are not going to get tough. in these times your strength is in your wealth.
if your country hates you go to a cheap country and get a cute gf.

Well considering im single i imagine it would be a great time fucking french girls.

They teach basic French at their bootcamp. All recruits are expected to have learned 400 French words by the end of the training. The training is 3/4 month long if I remember well and then you are assigned to your final unit.

No, he means Lautenburg Ammendment, anyone with a DV conviction can't own/bare weapons. Fucking gay shit...

you wont get in. they basically only take ukranians.

sorry

the french foreign legion is based out of africa primarily, you will be fighting niggers alot so i guess thats good, but if u fuck nigresses u will get aids so thats not so great

so 3 weeks or 3 or 4 months. i guess americas education system dosnt have the same high standards as the french foreign legion

Good luck mate! They are amazing people, much respect. Don't listen to morons here you'll learn basic French during your training.

3 or 4 months. They have a special method called "Méthode Képi Blanc". They make each class of recruits repeat french words for hours everyday...

OP CONFIRMED MASSIVE FAGGOT

>in these times your strength is in your wealth.

Just don't

if you have nothing to lose

>it would be a great time fucking french girls.
Unlikely. The training camp is in the Pyrénées but you won't meet any girls there, cause you'll be training and shit. Then you'll most probably be sent to Africa (Mali, Ivory Coast) or Guyane. The parachutists are even banned from being stationed on mainland France ever since their unit backed the failed military coup in 1961 (they're in Corsica).

yeah i think i remember something about this, bear grylls has a french foreign legion show where he joined the FFL training. they do the helmet and bell thing like the navy seals

Well i also like black girls so i can live with that.
Ive also always wanted to see Africa.

also muh flag

petite anecdote, là bas les filles se massent autour des bar à légionnaire, à calvis c'est le paradis des femelles en chaleur et elles en ont pour tout les gouts

French foreign legion is acually the hardest and the best military force to work in. Be ready for both if you really want to go in.

>no argument
>A FUCKING LEAF

kek didn't know that. I do live pretty far from the area.

here op

youtube.com/watch?v=-t1I3eXpWys&list=PLo25j90IvL3pq8BgHCfw8ICrsupYwX6_f

Seriously, it's only worth iy if you're a Third Worlder with nothing to lose. 1st worlders are better off joining their own countries' military. The pay will be much better.

Seriously, it's only worth it if you're a Third Worlder with nothing to lose. 1st worlders are better off joining their own countries' military. The pay will be much better.

I've been interested since I was a kid, got out of the marines last year and am saving up for eye surgery and enjoying the civvy life for a bit before I make a go for it. Check out cervens forum if you haven't already, it's mostly old salt dogs rambling but there are a few young guys with more current information. youtube.com/watch?v=LxEpMsDZIic is a good watch.

Good luck.

You won't even pass the physical test, fattie. You need to able to run 3km (1.9 miles) in 12 minutes.

It's a really, really shit life in the Legion by all accounts that I've heard. But if you're a masochist then go for it.

You do realise they don't just take everyone and you only have 1 shot at joining and then that's it?

Also they are going to send you to shit skin countries, you wont be involved in anything fun.

Congration you done it

Also you should start to learn the rituals :P

youtube.com/watch?v=QC6-AhOmnCk

It'll be even more fun when you understand the lyrics.

Ive done my research and understand the preselection process.
Im going to learn french and be ready to exceed physically so that i have the advantage overother recruits.

The Foreign Legion isn't completely part of France's military. Soldiers in the Legion make no oath of loyalty to France, only to the Legion itself. Meaning they can never be tried for treason against France, unlike regular soldiers.

lol woman beating faggot is going nowhere fast. enjoy dying and/or getting fucked in the ass

Hey man it was mistake that i made almost 5 years ago.
I only hit her out of instict but it was my fault, i also live in a very liberal city so now i owe like 5 grand and will be fucked when it comes to employment and housinf forever.

You're the best man, you did it

White knight beta detected

They will teach him proper French. It is part of the training.

Good luck

Should go black water

Private sector is my goal after my 5 year contact if i don't go career

Good luck!

This is for you, you fucking fanny.

youtube.com/watch?v=ueRzA9GUj9c

Ur gay

good luck user, much respect if this is not some faggoty larp

join the US military instead, you'll make poor money there

crap. I fell for this shitty larp. Good eye there, 'straya. Sage

you let to know how to read and write in your mother tongue. that's the only requirement of that kind.

youtube.com/watch?v=11_SOgOMvh0

The legion! The legion! The French Foreign Legion!

Private is much better. Make sure to focus on medical if you actually are going legion. Your best chance in getting into anything else is combat medical

MARSOC isn't even a thing anymore u fucking LARPer it's Marine Raiders

larp is shitty

"Je me rends" All the french you'll need to know

Surrendering to Germany is still better to surrendering to emus.

The US armed forces allows illegal wetbacks in

Isnt that the place full of niggers and other 3rd world trash?

They not only can, they do. A lot. US Criminals gangs have been sending their recruits into the military for decades, so that they get training in firearms/tactics and desensitized to killing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_presence_in_the_United_States_military

>In 2008, according to FBI gang investigator Jennifer Simon, 1 to 2% of the U.S. military belonged to gangs, which is 50 to 100 times the rate in the general population. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment, the NGIC identified members of more than 53 gangs who served in the military.

Sounds to me like a good idea for yourself. I'm going with the first post.