Please help me see why this movie was good

Other urls found in this thread:

fellowof.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/an-inconvenient-truth-about-my-neighbor-totoro/
archive.is/dfq3T
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayama_Incident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's magical! And it's also my childhood ;_;

Could you describe what specific parts you liked about it? I really want to like the movie and I'm a bit frustrated that I'm not "getting" it.

uhhhhhh because miyazaki directed it and its ghibli and

Watch it again but try having a heart that's not made of stone

It's not like having a stone heart is fun. But maybe you're right. I'll watch it again with a more open mind.

nice try. which one of your "friends" are you trying to show off to

fellowof.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/an-inconvenient-truth-about-my-neighbor-totoro/

They think anime is for manchildren and won't even accept there's anything good about Miyazaki movies. I just want to appreciate an iconic film from a director I like.

archive.is/dfq3T

It's not my favorite, but it's got the childlike wonder of Miyazaki's other films, as well as the great art.

is there anything more retarded than projecting dark undertones onto things made for kids?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayama_Incident

You'll start to understand what makes anime good when you stop asking other people to tell you why it's good.

Definitely agree there. The rabbit hole stood out to me in particular. In Alice it was seen as this portal into a different world, but Miyazaki wove it into nature, making it out of bamboo and doing the whole "whoops I popped out right next to you" thing with the family. Even meeting Totoro was natural because he was sleeping on a tree.

The lonely countryside was also a really good complement to Mei being missing. Sucks when you see a guy on a bike when you're in the middle of nowhere with short kid legs, and you realized you've been going the wrong way all this time.

I mean, it's a Miyazaki film. I'm not going to miss out on the visuals if I can help it.

>You'll start to understand what makes books good when you stop asking other people to tell you why it's good.
The day Sup Forums killed literary criticism

Because then thoughts of some faggots on an imageboard is the equivalent of serious critique.

A masterful work, very sensible and meanful.
God like aesthetics and imagetics.
Diverse in ita details and appealing in both sides older and youth public.

Midtier Ghibli, but that's overlookable since its targeted at the youngest audience.
Fantasy creatures you can only see when you're young have always tickled childhood fantasies the most. Couple that with memorable mascot designs and Ghibli magic and you have a charming movie.

That said it really is for the youngest audience of all their works. The older you are when you see it the first time the less I'd imagine you'd care for it.

>Please tell me what to think!

There's nothing wrong with wanting to appreciate something you dorky

It's a heartwarming story about a family in the countryside and their daily lives. Totoro and friends just add to the fun.