I think I'm starting to turn into more of a manga guy

I think I'm starting to turn into more of a manga guy.
>weekly chapters, little worry over anime scheduling or shitty studios
>more current
>more accessible
>lolkek manga elitist
When did you guys start leaving anime behind?

I like and enjoy both. I see no reason not to.

Do you have a patreon where I can support your blog?

Oh you sweet user.

what
what are you >implying at me? I'm looking pretty hard at WSJ for mainstream shit, should I be worried about anything?

do you have an amazon wishlist where i can buy you a dildo, you whore?

Pretty much Theres no reason to choose one over the other, unless its a personal kind of deal. Also.
>weekly chapters
>little worry about scheduling
>more accesible
You are as new as new can get. Let me give you a hint. If you think anime stuff like the schedules, studios and all that is bad, boy where do I even start, manga has much, much worse shit going on.

I'd love to hear more. Im just starting to get into this. is this more of a niche thing or does it hit mainstream as well? I know Oda takes breaks every few weeks for One Piece and shit but what kind of stuff happens? You guys are being kind of vague.

Let's see, there's New Years, Golden Week, Obon Festival where Japan is on Holiday.

Some mangaka like to just take random breaks out of nowhere some stay hiatus for years (see HunterxHunter). Also, some used to get sick so often you thought they had an autoimmune disease (see Kubo).

You could start with not being a namefag and lurk more, fag.

Manga is convenient and can be enjoyed in shorter bursts. Anime can explore a lot more in terms of animation, color choice, and sound direction. It's weird to choose between the two when they're essentially apples and oranges

I know this.
Ive heard that WSJ is only 48 issues a year due to Japan holidays and shit. Thats obvious. And mangakas taking occasional breaks is expected to, with Oda once saying he gets 3 hours of sleep [citation needed]

true, i guess i hadnt framed my question well. Im looking into manga for current things like One Piece and BNHA, and WSJ for current stuff to get more exposure.

>roro-chan
hahaha
no wonder you suck up weekly manga chapters like the disgusting parasite you are

Well Im gonna list bad stuff that happens in manga, but before a raging faggot tries to start a war, who cares about who is superior honestly, manga or anime, to each their own.
>A big part of manga works will never be scanned
>Even if they are, another big part of that group will never get traslated
>Manga artists need to worry about schedules much more than anime industry, most of the times, for anime, its 12-13 weeks of hell work and then they are done, to a manga artist, its endless hell
>Due to the above reason, mangakas tend to fall ill, cant keep up with schedules, rush their work, or just end up cancelling the whole thing
>If its not them, its the guy in charge of publishing/controlling their work. They overburden the mangakas and tend to introduce their own agenda on the mangaka's story, which almost always ends up in bullshit
>Or they just get the manga axed, blueballing millions of fans
>While we are at it, the axe can arrive suddendly with no previous warning, your favourite manga can end anytime, literally
>Or fall in hiatus hell
>Most mangakas cant afford an artist/writer and try to do both alone. They rarely succeed
>Mangakas assistants can fuck off when they want with no warning, leaving the mangaka in trouble
List goes on and on. The mayor problem that affects you, the manga fan, directly would be scans, translations, the axe, the higher ups changing the mangakas story to shit because LOL SALES, and some more.

I suppose you could always learn Japanese and read everything.

Yes, you can. Even better, learn nip and help groups with their work. Those guys are the true heroes here.

could give me a reason to go to college to learn Nipspeak

For me, it's always like this:
>watch anime
>like it
>if it's adapted from manga, read it

Manga is almost always superior

>>weekly chapters
It always pisses me off when casual mangafags try to act superior to animefags.

I bet you're serious, too.

Take the name off

And nah, I'm not by any means leaving Anime behind, but manga has considerable advantages. There's no sense not diversifying, especially since not everything cool gets a good adaptation.

Yeah, if you limit yourself to only reading shounen jump.

I was always more of a manga person. But I do watch some anime.

op, read hunter x hunter to meet all your needs

Your new is showing

>weekly releases
If you want to read Jump or WSM, sure. There's other weekly magazines, but the popular/well-known(see: scanned and translated) ones are all entry level shounenshit, most of which have a better anime adaptation since their main appeal is fanservice. If you want more mature subject matter, you'll want seinen, which is predominantly serialized in monthly magazines. Worth the mention is hiatus hell(HxH, Berserk) where your favorite manga gets caught in an endless cycle of hiatus's that may end up leaving you with one chapter a year if you get lucky. Along with axed series, or those that get discontinued by the mangaka themselves.
>more current
Again, if you read exclusively Jump. If you ever plan on "delving," you'll be reading series that began in the 80s or earlier.
>more accessible
Are you fluent in Moon? Can you scanlate your own hard copies of series sold exclusively to Japanese magazine subscribers? The amount of easy-to-find series with an English translation that you want to read will dwindle very, very, very, very quickly if you're actually "into manga"

Tl;dr: suck a dick newfag

>namefag
>blog post
>basically amounts to "i just started reading manga"

why are people even replying to/bumping this

Hunter x Hunter is a Shonen manga.

There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who only watch anime.

>what are you >implying at me?
Go look up Berserk or Hiatus X Hiatus sometime

And yet I get a warning for telling them to fuck off because the janitors really care about the quality of posts here or whatever the fuck they said.

Also OP, fuck off and lurk more. MAL is more to your liking considering you seem to have to have as name and openly make dumb posts in reaction to simple common knowledge and sarcasm.

>caring about 90s mangu
If you haven't given up on berserk ever having a full cohesive story at this point I don't know what to say

Madman is in the thumbnail, he gets yous like anything that's BNHA

I've always been more of a reader but I definitely stopped anime almost entirely in the late 00's.
With nothing interesting enough to draw me away from reading and animated hentai being garbage since a while ago, I left and never looked back.

This.
At least with an anime adaptation you know the source material likely got far enough to warrant one.

>blog post
Why is everyone misusing this fucking term? It's so aggravating. The OP is many shitty things, but it isn't a goddamn blog post. Do any of you fuckers even know what a blogpost is, or are you just using whatever buzzword you can for an insult because you are too stupid to actually think of one that fits?