youtube.com/watch?v=EgrxkgbAm0g
youtu.be/FDMvaEpuDcc?t=57
youtube.com/watch?v=q0Ib86qUodw
youtube.com/watch?v=htnkOpknGok
youtube.com/watch?v=luP9dp-mPM4
youtube.com/watch?v=1EhDGXyUAaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MMd0qKUwZMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If they want to cut corners with inconsequential horses running they are welcome, titan action is still as slick as always.

Even Berserk was better than this.

Why does the 3D in anime always look so shit?

I mean, the Jojo OP's are 3D and fucking awesome. Why does everything else fall on it's face?

you waited 4 years for this, remember that.

The unique art style in Jojo makes up for 3D. If it was any different it would be shit.

Digital animation was a mistake.

The example of good 3D Western animation you posted is from a show developed and produced by Disney and Lucas Films, which means it was animated by a studio with nearly unlimited funding, and a staff of veteran animators who probably all work in a very comfortable environment.
Compare that to anime, where your per episode budget is likely under 1/5 of an episode of your example, where animators work endless hours, often for unfair pay and no additional pay for overtime in an environment that likely isn't the cushiest.
Not to mention that these Japanese animators haven't yet transitioned fully into using 3D animation tech.
Here's an example of some very good Japanese 3D animation, from I.G., a well funded, sophisticated studio working with a big enough budget to pay their staff and provide a good work environment: youtube.com/watch?v=92wEkHF63cc

Aside from the english voicing, that looks pretty good.

It's a great movie. Made me cry.

Are you not satisfied?

That's going a bit far.

And it only took them 4 years!

fucking sfm or mmd would be better than most of the choppy stuff we have now
the problem is 3d trying emulate 2d hand-drawn cels when instead it should focus on the strengths of its own medium

>instead it should focus on the strengths of its own medium
The issue is that they are injecting shots and sequences of 3D into a show that is otherwise entirely 2D in an attempt to cut corners and save money. They can't play to 3D's strengths because doing so would make the difference in the two art forms very apparent, which would pull the audience out even more than it already does.

If you actually look at the CG JoJo openings they have the same choppy problem as all other CG in anime. The great artstyle and editing are just really good at hiding it.

damn that looks pretty good for 3D

The better question is. Why in fuck do they render their CGI shit at like 5FPS?

All CGI anime I've seen has been unwatchable due to framerate.

>Japanese 3d only looks bad because they don't have much tech for it, don't have experience with it, don't compensate workers properly, and have shitty work culture overall

so basically they just don't know how to animate in 3d

your linked movie was from 2009 and it looks meh, compare it to ratatouille 2007 which still looks fantastic

disparity between Disney and co in comparison to even the best japanese 3d animators is massive, its to be expected since they are so heavily invested in 2d while the west has mostly moved on

>Knights of Sidona
>4 FPS

WHY?

youtube.com/watch?v=zd3_YKyVlDs

This shows some pretty good anime style cgi stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=_b1zGLAtg2Q

Retarded nips trying to "emulate" 2d hand drawn animations by subtracting fps from 3d animation. They themselves understand how horrible this 3d horseshit looks, but lying to themselves that with less fps it looks more "animeish". But it doesn't. Things like Etotama or KyoAni did it right, the rest look like bad stop motion with 3d models instead of dolls and with limited frames to use.

>compare it to ratatouille 2007 which still looks fantastic
Compare it to Reboot tv series made by leafs 20+ years go when even most powerful PCs had less power than modern calculators.
youtube.com/watch?v=EgrxkgbAm0g

They're going all out with the use of 3DCG in this 2nd season. Even the OP have 3DCG characters and reused animation from season 1.
Pretty sure the schedule is fucked up and they have to cut corner here and there.

Was this any good?

>japanese 3D is shit!
Gantz:O

Clone Wars cost $1M an episode. The roof for TV anime (as far as I know) is SEED Destiny at ~$350K an episode, and most are ~$200K or less.

>your linked movie was from 2009 and it looks meh, compare it to ratatouille 2007 which still looks fantastic
Again, Ratatouille had a budget of $150M, which is three times Kaguya-hime (the record for anime movies), and five times (I don't know Oblivion Island's).

I like CGI, because it's a very versatile tool for animating, but holy shit the nips make it look so fucking ass in anime. No, CG will never look like a perfect 2D animation anytime soon, but if you're going to bother putting it in you could do a little better.

Nips fell for the "you don't need to draw to do cg" meme, just clicking some lines together is enough for cg animators right?

Age isn't really important for CGI. Spirits Within looks good despite being made in 2001.

>autusts trying this hard to be funny and "roast" reboot

The code geass movie is pretty good though to me

based on the fight scene that i watch yeah it is pretty good

>taking still shots of an animation and complaining its bad

No, but it can come close sometimes with enough effort.
Compare youtu.be/FDMvaEpuDcc?t=57 to most mecha CG, or youtube.com/watch?v=q0Ib86qUodw to most CG characters animation.

A good budget would do that for you, plus at that point they had several years worth of experience to perfect it. The later seasons have far more fluid animation compared to some of the earlier seasons that it's almost hard to believe they didn't change anything but only refined what they already had.

We really could do with a second season of Majestic Prince. Anyone have any idea how well the movie did or should we wait for Blu-ray sales to better gauge its performance?

They can do better than western animators with the right people.
youtube.com/watch?v=htnkOpknGok

I don't think we know how was Majestic Prince box office, which is what matters with movies. So yeah, we can only wait for BDs and see if it sells well.

Damn, thanks for the info though. I'd be willing to buy the movie though if we ever get a release stateside.

Just checked, Rghtstuf has the complete collection of the series' 24 episode run for $75, anyone have any idea if that's the best there is or should I look around more? FYI it's licensed by Sentai.

Other studios should hire whoever made the shaders for Guilty Gear.
youtube.com/watch?v=luP9dp-mPM4

Does that one Guilty Gear anime or Advent Children count? Because if they do, nips can make good CG at times, at least. It's just a matter of who's handling it.

I miss Etotama.

Still looks shit. 3DCG is shit in general.

I like this style of 3DCG

youtube.com/watch?v=1EhDGXyUAaQ

Never mind found it for cheaper.

Oh my god, that Pretty Cure vid was awesome. I could watch a whole show made with that. The purple cat is so cute too.

Eyecandy, otherwise mediocre

Oh fuck, I forgot about the movie, somehow. Like I said, I like CGI, and Majestic Prince is one of the examples I would give in it's favor, but so many other times nips fail so badly. The realization that they can make it god-tier just makes it even worse when they fuck it up.

PFFFFTAHAHAGAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA!

That's not CG.

I should really watch that sometime soon.

Stage 3 and up of Initial D had some of the best CG desu
especially the 1st stage remake and 5th stage.

are those walls cg? how much fps are those walls!?

Might as well count Kingsglaive
That looked fantastic

I wish I lived in the timeline where Koh Yoshinari didn't just make 2D animation that looked like shitty CG.

How not to do a fight scene:
RANDOM
UNNECESSARY
SLOWMO
Jesus christ Jackie Chan got this right 30 fucking years ago why have we regressed so much?

>not appreciating Zack Snyder's style of making action scenes

Jackie Chan's approach isn't the only right way to do action.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT CGI SCENE FROM MEKAKU BEFORE THE REWORK?

Is this equivalent to FFXV?
I enjoyed the game despite it's flaws.

No, it only took them a few months.

Here's a question: did Bubuko Buranki looked good to you guys?

>Why does the 3D in anime always look so shit?
Because any 3D in anime is shit. No exceptions.

I still like cure sunshine's transformation

Incredibly boring and stupid. Very gorgeous though.

Etotama's 3D is excellent though.
youtube.com/watch?v=MMd0qKUwZMw

Etotama was just fine without endless hours and budget. Japs are just as unskilled at 3d as west at 2d.