So quirkless heroes aren't viable at all in this universe?

So quirkless heroes aren't viable at all in this universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Chizome_Akaguro#Quirk_and_Abilities
bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/All_Might#Former_Quirk_and_Abilities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, maybe if they were Batman levels of rich and could afford loads of tech from the best support companys or had mary-sue-ish levels of skill

>no quirk
>fight criminals
>catch the niggers too
>get paid
A normal cop

Knuckleduster seems to be doing pretty well for himself I'd say.

Except he's not doing it by himself. He needs two other people with Quirks to get any sort of leeway.

So far he's only ran into guys he can punch into submission. There are plenty of villains with strong quirks in the main story that would wreck him

I wonder what would have happened if All Might gave One For All to someone with an already strong quirk.

I just don't buy it. Look at Stain. For all intents and purposes, the guy is quirkless until he licks his opponent's blood. Sure, his quirk paralyzes them afterward, but he has to be skilled enough to draw the enemy's blood in the first place by whatever means possible. The dude's clearly good with weapons, and could even hold his own against long-range types like Todoroki. Even if he didn't have his quirk, he'd be just as deadly if laced his weapons with poison or something.
I think a quirkless hero could get the job done with sufficient training, cqc ability, and poisoned/ranged weapons

He punched a guy with a fucking trigger-enhanced hardening quirk (trigger is said to make ANYONE'S quirks hero-tier, and in the case of that particular dude it was mixed with enhanced strength and gigantification. consider the two dudes with hardening quirks in UA can turn hard as steel) into submission and was so strong Aizawa tried to nullify his strength before realizing he was quirkless. And from the main series you have Stain and Aizawa himself who don't really need their quirks for any but the strongest opponents

Exactly. I'd say that, in a series like this, any individual (quirkless or not), as long as they are able-bodied, would stand a fighting chance.
In fact, if you had a sniper with anti-quirk bullets or straight-up sniper rounds, they could pick off heroes/villains with even the strongest quirk as long as they don't see it coming. There's a lot that someone could do, now that I think about it. Deku could have become a stealth sniper.

Mei barely uses her quirk (and only did in-story when she was scoping out potential sponsors). She'd be top-tier if she wanted to become a hero instead of just support.

Also Stain, like said.

Should've given it to Tooru. Imagine if All Might was fucking invisible and could blind you with super bright light at the same time. Even more OP than Mirio with OfA.

Nah, Mirio would still be more OP. All for One has an infrared quirk that covers the fact that he's blind. Some quirks may compensate blindness, but I can't think of anything that really overcomes intangibility.

that's a good point, anyone with super hearing would be able to counter it too

Mirio is the hard counter to insta-kill abilities like Shiggy's.

at this rate I could see Mirio dying to shield Deku from Shigaraki or that Yakuza guy. Deku would fall into utter despair.

Lava body, or anything that would hurt just just by touching.

Or something like a water body. Because punching would just displace at most.

this manga has the best cute girls

I want to like Illegals but it feels so out of universe it's not even funny

They have hammered down how many fucking heros (not all great) there are in 2 separate arcs so why do Illegals need to exist or even how do they not get caught or noticed

Hori kind of dropped the ball when trying to think of a quirk that had serious drawbacks or was really hard to use. Overall, Mirio's quirk only seems to have minor inconveniences at worst.
- His clothes fall off. Anyone who knows how his quirk works would be understanding about it.
- He can't breathe/see/hear while completely intangible. It's only temporary, and it's not like anyone can take advantage of this and attack him at this point anyway. He's freakin' intangible.

>implying that a pony is superior to a lizard

Thank you! Setsuna is best girl!
Real talk, though. She looks really cute and bubbly and fun to be around. She reminds me of Tsu, but she's probably more lighthearted and funny

>Tsu

It's a steep learning curve, high reward power.

If any of the Class a kids suddenly swapped quirks with him somehow, they wouldn't have a fraction of the skill. They wouldn't be able to aim their bethesda glitching worth jack and wouldn't have enough predictive abilities to avoid getting hit (unless they see it coming). So they'd be stuck with the strength of a normal person and a power they can't control. It'd suck.

Honestly I've been converted, she's new best literally who. I want more class B

So where is season two going to end? The tournament?

My issue is the "glitch" in his quirk, which seems overly generous. You'd think that if part of him phased into something solid, there'd be some repercussions, but instead, he gets launched out. The fact that his entire fighting style revolves around this glitch doesn't really help, because it kind of removes the risk factor, you know what I mean? I totally understand what you're saying; it's hard to use and would take a shitload of training to get used to. But as it stands, Mirio's quirk has no particular drawback aside from that.

Heroes can't be everywhere all the time, by the time a big name in Tokyo shows up at least 10 minutes later the situation is resolved.

And the funny thing about the illegals is that they often stir up trouble they then have to resolve themselves.

also it only works wen he is holdng his breath so timing is essentian

>because it kind of removes the risk factor
Most heroes have big-style powers and Mirio is number one in the school that trains the best heroes. It figures he's strong, he's been training a long time with it. We see how powerful Deku is at only 8%, but that's just to show how obscenely powerful OfA is, and that Deku's still got a lot more training ahead of him. Mirio's got a less body-intensive quirk and has been studying it for years. Mirio is very well balanced for as powerful as he's supposed to be, especially with the Qurik-nullifier just introduced.

Fair enough. I just don't feel as if his quirk was really as much of a struggle (aside from being hard as hell to use and master) as it was made out to be. But I respect your rebuttals.
Btw kudos to you guys for giving well-thought-out responses instead of the common rage at people who disagree. This thread's been pretty tame so far! :)

They're only allowed to make cool super-gadgets for the heroes with powers even though just the equipment has been shown as being equal to powers.

But that's not a symbol of peace.

if you are as smart as mei, probably. I just realized how useless her quirk is for a person like her. You'd think it'd belong to a sniper.

Haha, you got me there.

You are not alone, my friend. Illegals is a cardboard cutout stuck in Hori's 3D worldbuilding.

One of the best things about MHA is that while things can get weird, they're VERY rarely out of place in the world he's given us. And that people aren't one-dimensional in their actions and they seem like, well, people.

Meanwhile KD is an old guy so unstable that he'd happily beat up middle schoolers. Pop Step is in high school, yet has that costume and all the sound equipment to have impromptu idol shows (and hasn't got any street smarts despite never getting caught by the police). Koichi's a wimp with the logic of an angtsy teenager, who was totes okay with leaving Pop Step to get raped in an alleyway without even thinking to try and call the police.

Also for some reason heroes go and beat up villains without assessing the situation. Like when those random people got injected with trigger. They just ran in guns a'blazing while the "villains" didn't seem to even knowing what's going on. And one of said heroes was ALL MIGHT.

That being said, the concept is good. It's just the execution that's poor. Part of me wishes I could retool it somehow. I'm so fucking autistic I thought up a whole different first chapter.

Hey, he said he became the greatest hero. He didn't say he was the symbol of peace.

Part of the point of MHA is that Deku gets advice and tips on advancing from people who've had their Quirks all their lives. Deku is playing in hard mode and Dark-Soulsing it like a motherfucker, getting wrecked in the process of getting gud. The fact he even managed to make it this far is a miracle unto itself and I'm really looking forward to seeing some legit consequences the next time he pushes himself. I know it's a shonen, but Deku's a really fascinating maniac.

since it's 2 cour, we will get the tournament arc and stain arc most likely

Define Hero.

Hero as in beat up bad guys and save people from getting caught up in their destruction.

It's obvious this is all Deku wants to do because he watches All Might do it in the same replay.

He just doesn't realize there's more to it.

That sucks, stain arc was so boring I can barely remember what happened.

His concept of "greatest hero" is based on all might, specifically the one scene we keep seeing being mentioned of arriving at a disaster zone with a "I'm here!" and saving innocents.

>He just doesn't realize there's more to it.

He does (see: Todoroki, Kouta, saving Kacchan). It's just not his reason for being a hero.

He wants to be a hero to be like All Might. Not to save people (like Mirio), not for the glory (like Kacchan), not for the money (like Ochaco), not even because he thinks it's cool (like most everyone else). He just wants to be a hero because All Might inspired him to want to be a hero. His logic is circular, and he really needs to figure out his Hero Way before this imitation bites him in the ass again (like it did with his fighting style).

The difference between Stain is that he has autistic levels of dedication beyond what Izuku can achieve.

Something like Aizawa is more achievable and even he's using his quirk constantly.

stainfags will resurrect

When AfO inevitably breaks out of jail he'll probably bring Stain with him.

Obviously not, as the Great Equalizer, the firearm, is proving next to worthless in their world.

Tell us user. Dont sell us short. Let us be the one that determine your autismness

So no 10000% one for all? Darn

Honestly, how many girls in BnHA have sexy shark teeth?

I don't say this about many anime or manga, but BnHA has really great character designs. Everyone looks really unique and fun and their designs all say a lot about their personalities.

Hwo can Kirishima withstand a bullet shot to the face but goes down after one punch from Mirio?

BEST GIRL

read irregulars

there's this pro hero

i thought it glanced off his mask?

He can't harden the inside of his body and Mirio was hitting their guts.

Is there a chapter this week?

are his autism levels higher if it's good or bad?

Stain is as fast as All Might, that fast without help of quirk, just comes to show that Deku was a fucking faggot

Reminder that Hori introduced the "de-quirking gun" because he's not allowed to straight-up murder children.

Reminder that someone in class 1-A WILL be tragically de-quirked.

>39th out of 42
she's fucking livid

does it even matter? if they have bakugou's toughness and they git gud at close quarter fighting they could be beasts

Mirio will be the Cedric to Deku's Harry. The villains are going to set a trap for Deku, but Mirio will die instead.

Its good in a bad way, but also bad in a good way

here's a hero

she'd make a good lesbian.

Also I'd like to see fan art of her as a dragon maid.

What class? It's been a bit since the second semester started, and they haven't done anything together yet.

I hope it will be a team battle thing, since they are supposed to focus on working together. They could be in eight teams of five people each, for example. Five people is a good size for a hero team. Also, if the teams were mixed between the classes, they could learn to work together with people they don't really know well.

Only if you get a quirk from One for Al (or Al for One).

early deku is the prime example of how is life for a quirkless person in the BNHAverse = a beta crybaby.
aizawa and stain are not good examples because they were born WITH a quirk. they had a chance. Illegals is not canon so KD doesnt count at all
we never left

Spoilers when?

no chapter this week

>Stain is as fast as All Might
Is this a new meme?

bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Chizome_Akaguro#Quirk_and_Abilities
bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/All_Might#Former_Quirk_and_Abilities

they are at least in the same category

How come?

hori is sick again

What's going on here? Will anyone ever translate smash?

1.fujobaiting 2.no

source me

>newest SMASH chapter has more Kirishima/Bakugou and Todoroki/Deku fujobaiting
I fucking hate the author of that shit so much. Why does Hori even let it get published if it shits on the characters so hard?

It doesn't. It's noncanon. Stop getting upset over nothing

>There are plenty of villains with strong quirks in the main story that would wreck him
Same case with Batman and the cheaper version Green Arrow (and the even cheapest Punisher) but that doesn't stop any of those from being badasses.

But yeah, I think anime still had a lack of skill handling normal-tier characters in superpowered universes.

Where did you read it

He saw the image posted earlier in the thread and thought that was from the chapter
Here's a hint though: It's not

Stain's known about All Might for much longer than his crippling battle against Sensei six years back. What does Sensei mean to Stain, then? (Assuming he wouldn't just kill Sensei for crippling All Might in the first place.)

Any news about the OVA?

No, I know that image is from the nee volume.
The shonen jump plus website has it up. You can always read the newest chapter for free, but they take it down after a new one comes out.

I hope she turns into a dragon

>from the nee volume
It's from the author's twitter

>Prison Break arc later
>Shigaraki has to choose between Stein and AfO cause circumstances
>He chooses Stein cause of "Character Development"™
>Later on we get another AfO/All Might talk where All Might taunts AfO about kids not growing up as their parents want them to

Oh thank you. What a weird chapter, but really where do you see the fujo pandering?

Is this also a BnHA thread?

No, that's a" things in anime you hate" thread.

So you're going to post the spoilers here then?

If you're anime only I advise you to just filter these threads to be safe

Spoilers won't be out for another 14-16 hours anyway.

Thank you for the advice!!! Ganbatte!

You mean 5 minutes