Lupin The Thread

Who here likes Lupin? I know I do.

why are these threads always so empty. i refuse to believe that lupin is this unpopular

Lupin isn't unpopular. But some series just don't generate a lot of discussion. OP needs to lurk more.

Curently working my way through the second series and enjoying it. Is the new movie subbed yet?

they're always made at like 3 or 4 am. All the people who love Lupin are usually asleep. Also these threads are made just a little too consistently.
>Lupin isn't unpopular.
it's one of the most important and beloved series of all time. It's so popular there is new content every year. These threads do sometimes last for an entire day depending on when they're made.
New movie is not subbed yet. Wait for the American Blu Ray.

No matter the decade, they always seem to keep his look. I love it.

I love how they never ended up giving him typical faggot anime hair. How can something so normal look so cool.

Anyone got manga scans?

they're not all scanned. Might as well just track down the manga volumes online and just buy them. I got the whole set for about $200 not counting the Lupin Most Wanted series.

It's not unpopular. It has a very stable and dedicated fanbase.It's just that only meme shows generate any sort of copious activity on anonymous public boards and this activity consists of mostly repetitive low quality posts. I understand wanting to talk to someone about things you like but do you want Lupin to have those kind of threads? Like what happened to JoJo?

JoJo was never good though.

That is irrelevant. If Lupin became as "popular" it would generate the same level of low quality posts as anything else.

Arsene Lupin is way better

>Implying you've read his stories.

What was the general verdict on the new movie?

I feel like he's getting more attractive over time

When is somebody going to complete the BD subs for red jacket? I finished up to the end of the neo1024 batch a while ago.

Great but could of been longer.
never ever. Just buy the DVD's Discotek is putting out.

>Just buy the DVD's Discotek is putting out.
But why? The BD release is pretty good.

since when is there a BD release of Red Jacket with English subs?

2015, but only the first 96 episodes have been subbed.

Perhaps if OP said something interesting and discussion worthy there would be more people. A lot of us like Lupin. But we don't need to say it 24/7.

Funny thing about Lupin scans: You can easily find the Lupin Jr. manga but not the actual Lupin manga

Koike basically made two same identical movies in terms of progression and villian, it even ends in the same way and both the villians lose an arm.
The only thing that change is the kind of violence, but still Goemon movie was fucking great

This movie was great, it says fack you to the physics and Lupin steals the Lady Liberty with a baloon.
Even the kid wasnt that annoying.

>It's so popular there is new content every year.

I'm curios to see what they will announce for the end of the 2018/start of 2019 (wouldnt be strange for them to skip a year)

It will probably be a new Koike movie since they are doing well, but i'm hoping for a series, i think Lupin is better that way

Honestly, I wish some manga equivalent of Discotek existed that would re-release the manga.

I wish for a Lupin series set in Las Vegas, with an 80's vibe and a more wacky Lupin.
Basically Pink Jacket 2.0

>New movie is not subbed yet. Wait for the American Blu Ray.
I'm not a murrican, why would I do that?

It's the burns, I love those fucking things. They instantly ramp the suave factor right up there.

Pink Jacket Lupin had more of a thing with 80s Miami if anything.

Maybe you are right, but i want to see something new, and seeing Lupin in a city full of neons would be cool for me

Fair enough.

Tbh the most we ever see of that 80s Miami vibe is in pink jacket's ending.

It's strange that Yellow isnt a thing at this point, since it was the most used color in the manga after red

Remember that time Zenigata pissed on Jigen's gravestone?

So was he the same character? There is also a little girl in the movie, just like in that episode

buy a region free blu ray player. Wait for it because it will obviously have english subs.

Wait, the second series isnt complete in USA? That's a shame, i didnt knew

there are subs out for all episodes online like crunchyroll or some shit, but in terms of physical media, no. Discotek released a DVD set of the first 40 episodes with new subs and has plans on releasing the rest this year.

He's the smuggest motherfucker around.

He's also a nice man

No-Hat Jigen somehow manage to be even more badass than normal Jigen

Yellow is a hard color to use to make cool looking clothes.

yellow tie is best tie though so I guess that counts. I've always wanted a purple Jacket. Even though Blue looks fine, i've always thought it looked a little too casual.

I dunno, pink worked just fine
Sure it can't be a too flashy yellow

Pink was a little awkward at first, but I feel it got better later on in the series. Yellow could work if they use a dark color for the shirt and a color that goes good with yellow for the tie.

Probabily one of the most succesfull anime ever during the 70's and the 80's in my country....Also I recently watched Conte di Cagliostro and it has been really good.

Oh thanks for reminding me. Gotta find the movie where the world is after his family treasure.
Finna get me a screenshot of the "just make japan pay for it" line.

New movie has subs?

Nothing came even remotely close to Lupin in terms of quality in the 70's with the exception of The Rose of Versailles.
which one is that. reminds of one that came out in the late 90's but i don't remember the name.
no subs.

There were plenty of high quality shows in the 70s.

Can I start with Miyazaki's film or should I just start with the first TV season?

Doesn't matter.

I'd suggest going for the first series since it was produced first.

>Nothing came even remotely close to Lupin in terms of quality in the 70's with the exception of The Rose of Versailles.

Captain Harlock and Ashita no Joe are pretty good too. To be honest, I think the 70s was a pretty great decade for anime over all.

It does matter and you shouldn't start with the Miyazaki movie because Miyazaki's version of Lupin is nothing like how Lupin acts. If anything, you should save the movie until after you've seen enough of Lupin to really understand the character.

I'd say listen to It's the most faithful Lupin series and in my personal opi ion, the best series.

>The Rose of Versailles

You should watch the crossover episode then

I enjoyed City Hunter and Space Cobra.

I think like in the manga , but i just realized that they change the color for every part of the outfit for the series (even in Part 4 the shirt isnt black like in Part 1, but a really dark blue) but i can't think of a better combination outside black and red

If you have never seen Lupin, go chronological, not that it matters in terms of story, almost everything is episodic, but you can see the evolution of the characters. So i guess the oldest Lupin anime is the proto-movie they did before the first series?

I don't really think it matters. You don't need any context to get into Cagliostro, and it's a brilliant movie. That was my first Lupin.

It does matter because people can watch something with expectations and then be disappointed. If people watch the movie and think of him as a heroic figure and nothing else, they're going to be disappointed when they see him as a perverted sly thief. It may not have effected you, but it could ruin it for someone else. I don't see the big deal with just starting from the beginning. That's the most logical thing to do.

Lupin is overrated.

I'd be genuinely surprised if that ever happened to anyone. Besides, someone disappointed in that wouldn't like it in the first place. Since its so diverse and there's no real overarching narrative, I think someone should just pick what looks cool to them.

Yeah. There are some advantages to watching it first, since it acts as an introduction to the characters since it was made with investors in mind.

They don't waste any time with that shit in the first episode of original TV series. Personally I like this "no handholding" approach but I get that not everybody is like me.

>no handholding

You can say this with any of the series, even Bluepin doesnt give a fuck about continuty, it's just a way to watch it, another could be going random, wich is fine too

I must say, Pink lose a bit of his charm with that chin

nobody likes cleft chin Lupin. That's why they got rid of it later on in the series.
If people want to watch Lupin, watch the Pilot film. It's only like 10 minutes long and it introduces you to all the characters. After that, watch the Green jacket series. It's a great series and it introduces Goemon for the first time which is obviously important. Even though the shows are episodic, some backstory is good to have. There is absolutely no reason to not watch it. Don't skip to red, blue, or even any of the movies. If you want to truly enjoy Lupin, then I see no reason to not start from the beginning unless someone can explain to me otherwise why that's even remotely a good idea.

why is Lupin so fucking handsome?

Why are the arrows going down?

does it matter? I guess to let people know down means beginning..

I want to watch Lupin but there are hundreds of episodes. It's too much of a commitment

Lupin, I am an alien. I have to go now, my planet needs me.

Lol what a pussy.

>Far right.
What the hell Lupin is that?

The Miyazaki Lupin is real odd, because while it's really enjoyable, it is by no means representative of the series as a whole.

Also, this is just my little preference, but should you watch the dub for the film, watch the Streamline dub. I liked it better than the David Haynter dub.

it's not really a commitment if it's something you enjoy watching and if you aren't watching to enjoy it, then why the fuck would you bother watching something at all.
That's Lupin from the recent Goemon movie. You need to start paying attention and lurk more.
you're a retard for telling someone to watch the dub. You're an even bigger retard for telling anyone to watch the streamline dub which is the worst dub. At least the manga dub treated the movie with respect and was a faithful script. Not only that, all the voices had character and personality unlike the shitty streamline dub in which everyone sounded like generic people outside of Lupin himself. put your shitty nostalgic opinions away and accept the fact it was shit and a superior dub was made to do the movie justice.

Basically what i'm saying is ignore this person and watch it subbed. If you want to be a complete dubfag then watch the MANGA dub, not the shitty shitty shitty streamline dub which is almost as bad as what you'd expect with typical early 90's dubs. They literally had no respect for the film. Even the scenes that were suppose to be serious, they made a joke out of it. They don't even call him Lupin in that version. They call him wolf because of the whole copyright shit.

Fuck the streamline dub once again.

This really doesn't warrant this much autism.

>if you aren't watching to enjoy it, then why the fuck would you bother watching something at all
Thing is I watched some of the newer Lupin and liked it. I went back to the beginning and so far it's been pretty jarring and the sheer amount of numbers scares me. I'm not sure if I even want to get invested if the newer ones are the odd ones out.

all Lupin series are great. Just like all series, it will have it's not so great episodes, but it's worth watching

You don't have to watch every episode, and you don't have to watch it all in one go. It's episodic

Honestly, just watch however much you can handle and take a break when you start to feel burned out on it.

Fuck off. Jojo had a huge impact on the industry just like Lupin did, albeit very different ones. I'm not entirely sure how Lupin has managed to escape the plague of modern shitposting despite its relative popularity but consider yourself lucky.

I really like the neon blue shirt with the orange tie color combo. Would've looked better with a different color jacket though.

Is it just me or does this Lupin user get really cranky over opinions that differ from his own an awful lot? I'm pretty sure that this is two threads in a row that he's sperged out on someone over something silly.

He's blatantly autistic

Nah, he does and it really sucks the fun out of Lupin threads.

>Jojo had a huge impact on the industry just like Lupin did
>comparing JoJo to something as great as Lupin
you should be ashamed of yourself for not only comparing the 2 but for replying to a post thats almost a day old.

I wasn't in the last thread (assuming it was in the past 2 days or so). Also there's a difference between facts and opinions.
people throw around that word way too often especially when it's not used properly.
I make one post and all of a sudden I'm made to look like I regularly complain about shit.

I meant it in the medical sense

more lupin when

Honestly, if JoJo has had any impact on anything it's probably the manga industry moreso than the anime industry.

It also had a dedicated fanbase before the anime which hyped it up fairly often, which you don't really see with Lupin. So, it was inevitable for it to spread.

Personally, I'm glad that it never happened to Lupin. While I still enjoy JoJo's Bizarre Adventure I just can't be part of the fanbase anymore. It's just not the same as it was when I started reading it.

> Also there's a difference between facts and opinions.

Glad you're aware that there's a difference. Too bad you don't know which is which.

>I make one post and all of a sudden I'm made to look like I regularly complain about shit.

If it were just the one post, nobody would feel the need to point it out.

JoJo is shit. the only bizarre thing about it is how exaggerated the characters act. It's over the top corniness at it's worst. It also doesn't help that it comes off as just a generic shounen with mediocre villains who are just evil for the sake of being evil most of the time.

Okay. I don't agree with you, but I don't have the energy to defend it like I did when I was a teenager.

Anyway, I wasn't even talking about the quality of the series. Just talking about why it spread to the shitposters and why Lupin hasn't thus far.