I'm at the st Louis airport right now for a layover

I'm at the st Louis airport right now for a layover.

Every single flight arriving is fucking jam packed with troops.

Is this normal for st Louis? Ive seen damn near 300 troops so far come through on the last five planes that landed in terminal E.

Is there happenings in st Louis?

St.Louis here, nothing I know of. Closest airport to Scott Air Force Base which is the home of Transcom.

Card stand in 30 minutes.

Why don't you ask the troops what's up you fucking autist?

MSP was full if them too. All looked to be young recruits though.

Card stand?

I'm boarding. Just an observation I've made over the last hour.

More troops than I've seem ever.

Yeah here as well.

You're not getting my cardstand gif that easily, neophyte.

I saw a bunch of young people in army uniforms at a different airport recently. They seemed chill though, guessing some army meeting thing going on (do they have military conventions?).

Shit ton returning from leave.

>young recruits

Liberal officer coup incoming?

>Shit ton returning from leave.

This. And why the fuck are they flying in uniform? That is against all practices and procedures.

Holiday block leave just ended retard were going back to work

Early boarding.

>I saw a bunch of young people in army uniforms at a different airport recently

Really the only uniformed personnel you should see at an airport are the USO that bus recruits from the airport to the base. Travelling in uniform is highly discouraged and will get you chewed the fuck out. Or use to be. The military did go full retard with obama at the reigns.

Lambert Airport shares runway space with the Missouri National Guard. Pretty normal from my experience.

gay

STL Fag reporting in. No happenings, but Lambert does see a shitload of troops fly through during the holidays due to being a larger, central location. I also think there is a USO office or something here. They could be flying in and going to Ft. Leonard Wood as well.

Well, guess I am wrong and right.

>Soldiers OK'd to wear ACUs on commercial flights. Soldiers can now wear the Army Combat Uniform while traveling on commercial planes, trains or automobiles. The change is effective immediately; the Army has lifted a restriction that was included in the last revision of the service's uniform and appearance regulation.Mar 18, 2015
Soldiers OK'd to wear ACUs on commercial flights - Army Times

Like I said, they went full retard.

tango copy status over

eye to [israeli"] palestine copy

if you're in the NG, stl is a prime shipoff point.

I'm basically right next to the airport. There has a been a TON of prop planes in all night. It's not like it never happens, but it's kind of rare. I assume these are troop carriers. I think they do some kind of military practice once a month because of the occasional military fighter jets screaming around.

Christmas leave, retard. Can tell you never served.

They are returning from "Exodus". A two week period which ends tonight where all training across the DoD is paused.

Essentially if you are an instructor or a student/trainee at any DoD school, this two week period is essentially when you have the green light to take leave. They shut down the DoD school system for troops.

What you're seeing is fucktons of troops all going back to their bases so they can show up to work tomorrow. If you were at an airport two weeks ago, you would have seen fucktons of troops leaving to go to wherever they are going for the holidays.

The reason so many of them in uniform is because the vast majority of them are new boots who haven't been home since they left for boot/basic. If you are IN boot or basic during exodus, you don't get to go home, but if you have finished and gone on to your first job training school (lingo dependent upon branch) then usually you can take leave and go home.

So all the kids in uniforms are motards who want to walk around in public, in uniform, to show off for the very first time because in their controlled student environments they are not permitted to go off base in uniform. They want to show off for friends and family and the general public.

I think some commands make these kids in student status travel in uniform for visibility, so they aren't doing stupid ass shit with their newfound freedom. The idea is that tons of plainclothes service members and veterans are traveling during this time too, and if they do stupid shit in uniform they will get snatched the fuck up.

The fear that they will get snatched up by any random guy who may have been an NCO keeps them behaving right for the most part.

>card stand?
Fucking newfag my god

snow storm in NE, they're probably being rerouted

Jesus Christ. I hope Obama isn't trying to invade Texas again. You dumb fucking alt-right neck beard virgins.

I've seen soldiers travel in uniform a long long time before 2015. Any official military travel that was done on commerical required them to wear the uniform. (as in travel from one duty/deployment to another ) wearing the uniform for personal travel is a big no no.