Become Eastern Orthodox

Become Eastern Orthodox.

Other urls found in this thread:

acoperamantulmaiciidomnului.com/Invataturi/Youth of the Apocalipse.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=gIj1bMcdPr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am. Each Church being independent and grounded in Greek philosophy + native culture is the way to go IMHO

meh

How about no

Why does Jesus look so annoyed?

Already am. Eastern euros are only a little less degenerate than western whites. But with enough time I'm sure we'll get there

I've considered myself an atheist since I was about 16. I'm 21 now. Is it too late for me?

The Jews were changing money in the temple again.

Nah m8. It took me until about 25 before I had to admit I was wrong about it all.

The western white as we known it will be all but extinct by then. Eastern Europeans aren't shamed into rejecting their culture at least.

It's never too late. God forgives and seeks a relationship with everyone on this fallen planet.

Probably fed up with humanity in its fallen state. Jesus was constantly annoyed and calling people out for being hypocrites and adulterers.

Where should I even start?

Are you willing to articulate your disinterest?

Become a Jew or a Muslim. Worshiping a man won't save you.

With an open heart and an open mind. Have you read anything about what Jesus is reported to have said?

It's like Socrates. We don't really know what he said. Only his student Aristotle wrote down what we think we know. But it's good stuff. If you don't know where to start the Roman Catholic church, for all its faults, is based on trying to get the basics out to the illiterate plebs. That's somewhere to start.

Because I love my family and our shared faith that binds us together more than if it's the most correct one. Same reason I've told Mormon missionaries that's interesting but it's not enough for me to want to convert.

I mean, I was raised in a Christian family, but I never really paid attention or actually tried to learn anything when we would rarely go to church. Should I just look up a catholic church near me? Would they just let me in?

No, Orthodoxy is a dying denomination.

I politely decline.

You sound like an Arianist.

You could start by attending a vespers service at a local Orthodox Church near you. Where is your general location I could give you recommendations.

Also this book is very helpful with its application to our current generation. Needs a bit of revision but still a good read.

acoperamantulmaiciidomnului.com/Invataturi/Youth of the Apocalipse.pdf

No, thanks. I'm forming my own religion.

Pretty much any denomination would just let you in. As for a Catholic church, anybody can come in at any time, sinners, criminals, anybody. They can even request sanctuary there.

I'd rather you read the bible or something, but it's always open to anybody who wants to stop by for some quiet time.

born & raised

depends. do you accept reincarnation?

if no, go back to the desert with that shit, kike.

That's a noble way of going about life. If you don't mind me asking, what is your common faith in your family?

I'm not, but Eastern Orthodoxy is quite literally dying, it's not just decreasing in comparison to other religions, but it's literally losing more members than it gains.

Well, I'm completely open to anything, so you would suggest I read the bible first? Are there any particularly accurate versions that I should read? I don't know, maybe I'm just being vain, but I've felt like I'm missing something in life for a long time.
I live in southwest Michigan, near Kalamazoo.

I already found my way home to the one true church

Roman Catholicism. I'll shittalk the pope and the church all day long if you want me to, but my family shares a common basis and a common tradition.

Orthodoxy is absolutely the best sect of Christianity. Modern western culture is absolute poison, as are Western sects of Christianity.

Respect to Bulgaria, Greece, Russia, Romania, Serbia etc.

My grandparents are but I never got into it. We have those Jesus pictures hanging all over our house though.

Why should you get to reincarnate after you have a lifetime to prove yourself to God?

I have much more respect for the Eastern Chatholic Church than its Roman and Protestant Counter-part.

The bible is a pretty big book. You might miss the good parts if you just get whatever translation and try your best.

But to be honest the Mormons put Mormon bibles in their hotel chains. And if you're sitting there in the hotel and you grab it out of the nighstand and you flip it open to any page, you might just find something interesting to think about.

This kind of reminds me. I've never really felt connected with my family. They've always treated me pretty poorly and I would rather have nothing to do with them. Does this make me a bad person in the eyes of the church?

Become Pagan.

>Someone is corrupt in the church, that means the entire church is corrupt too
You do realize that Catholics/Protestants are much more corrupt than the Orthodox?

Orthodox is near borderline Islam

No, it makes you somebody who thinks for himself. Free will is an essential part of Christianity.

lol... you do realise that whether reincarnation is true or not has nothing to do with your own opinion. you fucking christians are retarded. you think you're in "heaven" now bc you died in a past life being christian.

how's that working out for you? christianity can't not be a jewish shill op. no female priests, no married priests = pedophiles / homos.

worshipping a male god also causes male homosexuality. i suggest learning a religion that makes you smart, rather than just shouting down "saracens" or "heathens"... retarded.

Pagan or atheism

An eternity of peace or torture is disproportionate to any actions you have performed in life. Your reward or punishment after death should be proportionate to your life, thus the afterlife should be finite.

Nope, Islam was clearly a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V of Orthodoxy (fasting, covering heads, etc.)

>siding with the losers

Islam is a Christian Heresy

I think the two need to join forces in the fight against (((NATO))). Your country is proof that peaceful coexistence is possible.

See below video for confirmation. Muslims respect real Christians, and the Quran says that they will find an ally in real Christians that don't abandon their faith.

youtube.com/watch?v=gIj1bMcdPr0

Read this. It's repetitive, but there's a reason behind it.

>no married priests = pedophiles / homos
You realize you’re on an Orthodoxy thread?

stop worshipping a male god. it's making you homos. not to mention, you cant substantiate your religion on a scientific basis due to your denial of reincarnation. it's very immature. please just take a step back and accept that a religion which denies reincarnation is not a religion at all, but an evil death cult.

Not a (theological) argument

Neither did they.

>implying any religion doesn't have theology

GREEK Orthodox

Yo.....what the fuck is this thread this is mad creepy

i am only 73% white, will you take me or is the one drop rule in effect here?

That's more than one drop, my dude.

This is laughable

Only creepy to the ignorant. True followers of all 3 western faiths are able to coexist. They all believe in the same God.

Friendly reminder phyletism is a heresy of Satan and detracts potential converts

The prophets and the covenants differ. They're not really compatible.

Of course. There are some bad apples with parishes that are poisened by Greek or Russian nationalism but the church of Christ welcomes all races.

Because Orthodox Christianity is a pyramid scheme and none of its hierarchy actually believes in what they preach. It's also full of LARPing, especially when they bless inanimate objects like missiles that you 40k fanatics cream your pants over. No one in actual Orthodox countries takes it seriously.

Ecumenism is a satanic heresy. Orthodox christians DO NOT worship the same God as demonic entities in control of Islam, Hinduism etc

Paganism is a meme because the pagan gods don't give a shit about you. As long as you bribe them they don't smite you, and the afterlife you bribe your way into is pretty shit compared to heaven.

INRI on the other hand cares about you intimately, in fact he loves you more than you love yourself.

Not a pyramid scheme

What Orthodox Church would be a good fit for an English speaking man of Anglo descent?

This.

I don’t like the Prelest stuff. I study my dreams and have had a vision as a child. Eastern Orthodox thinks him possessed by demons. If it wasn’t for that, I’d consider it.

Islam acknowledges all the Abrahamic prophets that came before it as having heard the Word of God, they just say that Muhammad got the clearest version of it.

On the other hand, the Talmud says that Jesus is swimming in a burning pool of shit for eternity.

Who is your real friend and ally? The ones programming your through the media and killing your citizens in false flag attacks to protect the heroin trade?

The ortho churches near me speak English as far as I can tell. They seem like nice people and when I sat through a Youtube of their service it was pretty close to what happens in my church.

Give it a shot if you're interested.

Become Catholic. Submit to Rome. (after franky kicks the bucket)

A pessimistic theology is still a theology.

>Catholics
>More corrupt than othos
LOL brother, lol

Give me some reasons why I should be a pagan.

I wasn’t sure if I should go to an Antioch, Greek, Serb, Russian or an OCA church. Are they all basically the same?

Orthodox Church of America or ROCOR

No thank you I would rather stick to the unaltered apostolic church established by Christ and his disciples senpai

I don't know what the differences are. There are all kinds of different orthodox churches around me. I didn't even really know they existed until I saw them.

Antiochian or OCA would be my first picks

strongly considering this and i'm not the only one

I used to live down the road from an Antiochian church. Most of the best people in the neighborhood went there.

I am Russian Orthodox. It's like Catholicism but they let the priests marry so they are normal men and not a bunch of homo pedophiles. It may be the only religion on earth where you have to stand up the whole service.

I'm not looking to convert anyone. Superficially, you'll know for certain that your gods are as white as you, but otherwise you should search for your own theological truth.

I feel like I would be the only non-Semite at an Antioch church though and I though OCA was not in communion with the greater orthodoxy.

>you'll know for certain that your gods are as white as you
Who cares.

What are the values in pagan thought?

>stand up the whole service
Nobody ever beat the Jews by sitting around

I have the new king james version of the bible, why should i have to choose a label if I just love god and feel the need to carry the cross? serious question

Do all priests have to grow a beard?

Where do you go to church?

>who cares
Not you apparently, but some other user might care.
Otherwise, paganism is less dogmatic thus it makes fewer theological assumptions thus you can genuinely ponder the divine without being interrupted by theological canon.

in my heart

If you're spiritually independent enough to not attend a church, why do you use a bible?

>Otherwise, paganism is less dogmatic thus it makes fewer theological assumptions thus you can genuinely ponder the divine without being interrupted by theological canon.
What are the rules? What are the first principles?

This Paganism revival is so stupid and retarded.