Who's more important to society, Sup Forums: police or scientists?

Who's more important to society, Sup Forums: police or scientists?

Police. Most scientists don't do shit.

Is your society homogenous or mixed?
In Japan scientists in the US police.

well i can shoot my own niggers but i cant build anything to go to the moon so personally would say scientists.
and hell scientists can event robot police to shoot niggers right?
final answer scientists.

Police. Scientist wouldn't have the luxury of doing science without the rule of law keeping the malcontents held down. Even le based black meme man here wouldn't be safe from hood niggers if they were allowed to run loose.

Scientists can't science if they be always watchin their back

Police

that nigger isnt even a scientist, hes a pop idol for reddit fedoras

>meanwhile, scientists just cured AIDS with crispr, made a bionic hand that can feel, and cured blindness

I'm not going to use your grid app

>things that didn't happen

vs

>shooting niggers

The latter is far more beneficial.

False dichotomy.

Go away.

Police. Without them, there is anarchy. Police to society is like sexual attraction in relationships. It's mandatory.

without police there is nothing stopping the unwashed masses from murdering scientists.

Depends on what you mean by "important"; this question is only interesting because of the ambiguity of that word.
Police are obviously more necessary for living a safe and normal life. If we lost all scientists today, most people's lives would not change that much.
Scientists, however, are more specialized. Their skills are rarer. If we lost all scientists today, they would be much harder to replace than if we lost all policemen.

IN BURGERSTAN WE HAVE ENOUGH GUNS TO NOT REALLY NEED POLICE

To defend the value of scientists, here are some made up examples that haven't happened

>cured GRID
Ban science.

Another thread for gay establishment faggots to fap off to cops that they have a gay craving for. It's disgusting as shit. See their openly faggot-for-cops thread here This entire right wing "campaign" is a gay-led operation with faggotry heavily involved.

Scientist here - this user gets it

>Cured AIDS
explain to me why I would want that

Then remove yourself from your computer and any other technological devices.

Scientists. Do you think the police could have invented the internet so you fat fucking neck beards could hang out on Sup Forums all day?

Thinking of becoming a cop. Engineering school isn't going well. Should I go for it?

it's just stupid to compare, if you mean for defense, than is obvious, if you mean for progress, than that's also fucking obvious.

ayy lmao

if the money is good enough

Cops get paid kind of poorly

They get pretty good pensions though.

Police always get most money
Nee technology all the time

They have more bargain power than firefighters

But your children they school got no money

>Being this retarded

So when are you going to throw away the technology created by eggheads that allows you to spread your bullshit opinions?

Scientists, police are dumb as fuck.

>most scientists don't do shit
>most
>retards think he said all
Scientists who actually accomplish something are a minority in their field.

Both are important and necessary. But will Quantum Physics help you out when some guy breaks into your car?

Police. Science is extremely important, but people won't have time to conduct it if their safety isn't guaranteed.

both
without scientists, cops wouldn't have such cool toys to kill you with

That's not how crispr works. At all.

The police aren't important to society at all. That's just propaganda, like saying the troops "protect our freedom".

In all of human history, how long have we had police officers?

You always need scientists. You can replace police with mercenaries in your local postapocalyptic anarcho city

>Reddit understanding of science

>implying we can police ourselves on a large scale

false equivalence

Scientists. Because they will eventually come up with a plan to eradicate from our society those that commit crime, and thus we will not need Police Officers

Police are probably less important, especially if you're not going to live in the city and are willing to shoot nogs on sight.

scientists. citizens can defend themselves, but it's hard to research high energy particle physics in your basement

for civilization...

- cops
- engineers
- clergy
- scientists

You needs cops/paramilitaries to protect food and resources, maintain social order so farmers feel safe and work.

Engineers solve problems, build dams, build irrigation.

Clergy keeps the plebs in line. Used to be the healthcare.

Scientists were lumped in with philosophers. Time wasters who sometimes come up with shit that helps engineers.

If you had to save civilization you'd put farmers and engineers in Noah's Ark first.

Then you'd add in some doctors and priests/preachers.

Scientists go in right before the plebs/manual labor. Artists and lawyers are left to die.

Well before you would just have the military guarding the cities and resources. Basically soldiers acting as the police.