Who was the smartest character in Death Note and why was it L?

Who was the smartest character in Death Note and why was it L?

It was light's dad faggot

literally was beaten by a guy who was beaten by an albino toddler
and now he's being played by a nigger, a fitting punishment

Near used the death note but he was still far above Light.

There wasn't really much he could do about Deus Ex Rem.

i barely remember this manga, what are you referring to?

What's there to do when a Shinigami in love decides to save their beloved's life by killing you? Really the only countermeasure would've been to not reveal his identity at all but then it pretty much becomes impossible to catch Light I think.

We wuz kangs n sheet

Rem was Misa's shinigami. After L convince the UN to test the death note with a man sentenced to death, then Rem killed Watari and L

oh yeah i remember this shit lol. rem was such a faggot
one of the best things about death note was how redpilled light was when it came to misa, he just used and abused that bitch left and right lol

What was his real name

Did they choose him because of the saggy eyes?

They chose him because he is a nigger

Definitely Light. The only reason he was defeated was his own hubris and Takumi tipping of nier because of mello.

Light may have been more intelligent but L is by far the more capable detective. I'd much rather have L working on a case than Light. Light was only able to get as far as he did because he had a huge advantage; the Death Note. L possessed no knowledge of the Death Note and was still able to corner and outsmart Light on multiple occasions.

>I'd much rather have L working on a case than Light
that's not what we're talking about, though

So are you claiming that Light is smarter than L but that you'd rather have L work on solving a case? How does that make any sense?

Near is the smartest character

Its in the manuel

>Near is the smartest character
Yet Light saw through his entire plan and succeeded in setting him up. If Mello hadn't sacrificed himself by kidnapping Takada, every single person in that warehouse would have died except for Light, allowing him to establish his "new world."

Light reaffirmed L's superiority multiple times and Near himself even mentioned that only through his combined efforts with Mello had they surpassed L (when in reality, Mello saw through Near's plan AND Light's plan, and then exposed the fatal flaw that allowed Near to defeat Light).

Forgot about me?

what the fuck are you talking about? OP asked who the smartest character in the series is and it certainly isn't L. why are you talking about who you would hire on some hypothetical case? retard

really wish he wrote an alternate ending where light wins. ending was so stupid. i hate near, he symbolizes everything that went wrong with the series imo

I still think L is the smatest character. Light had a huge advantage and still had to get another one to win. And then he looks all smug as if he wouldn't have gotten btfo'd if a literal God hadn't helped him for plot related reasons.

using "literal God" when talking about Ryuk is hyperbole, Ryuk didn't really help Light a lot and he didn't really have any cool powers or anything
i haven't read Death Note in a while and I probably won't ever again, but didn't L have his own advantages? didn't he basically have free reign over japan's detective agencies and shit?
L was simply outsmarted by Light imo

>really wish he wrote an alternate ending where light wins
this honestly Lights carelessness is the worst thing about the second half.
I also would of liked if Mello and Matt got more screen time nigga I didn't even know till recently that Matt was L's third successor.
I thought user was refering to rem not ryuk and aren't shinigami refered to as also gods of death I get what you mean though

>aren't shinigami refered to as also gods of death
yes but they are only gods by name. it's not like they're omnipotent or anything, so saying a "literal God" helped out Light is just false
>I also would of liked if Mello and Matt got more screen time nigga I didn't even know till recently that Matt was L's third successor.
yeah near was the least interesting character in the second half, mello would have been much more interesting

They chose him because muh diversity.

Do you know any other manga which has twists and psychological stuff in it besides death note, kaiji and liar game?