Big earthquake just happened in CA Bay Area. Biggest I've felt in years

Big earthquake just happened in CA Bay Area. Biggest I've felt in years.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfgate.com/news/bayarea/article/Earthquake-Felt-In-East-Bay-This-Morning-12472831.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That earthquake was literally nothing. Like 5 seconds of moderate shaking.

same just felt that

Me too man holy fuck that woke me up and first thing I do is go to Sup Forums keg. Get ready for after shocks

Is everybody dead yet?

Santa Cruz checking in... shook the shit out of my place.

Fresno here... saw my water bottle shake for a bit. Fucking glumph.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY TRASH CAN FELL OVER HOW WILL WE EVER RECOVER????

Who cares go back to sleep fag

Same. I wonder if this is an indication of the big one finally approaching. Where my San Cuckcisco boys at? That shit shook my shitty apartment up.

I have cousins in fresno, are they death by now?

Nah man that was a foreshock get your anus ready

90046 here
Felt nothing

4.7 magnitude

4.5 in Berkeley! Fuck yes. Swallow that cesspool of faggotry.

Castro district reported as liquified, all sodomites reported as swallowed up by the ground.

SF faggot here my apartment felt like it was rocking and I heard some guy scream OH FUCK

Holy fuck - I have to post from my phone. I live in downtown LA and the CITY IS IN FUCKING RUINS!

It's sad how much the US would improve from everyone in California dying.

Didn't they recently pass a law that puts you in jail for misgendering?

Live eight stories up, nearly shat my jammies, thought someone was kicking my door in at first

4.5 se of Berkley, literally nothing. go to sleep

4.7 magnitude earthquake just under UC Berkeley. The fault is awakening. Or a ham fell off her bed.

Marin County checking in: felt it for about 6 seconds. Nothing much but scared the hell out of some family members. Sadly, i dont think anyones died.

same, was having a nightmare too and it jolted me out of it. east bay here. hopefully it got some niggers

>not always phone posting
Do you faggots really sit in front of your computers while shitposting/browsing? Wtf?

I just looked it up and there really was an earthquake in Berkeley. But 4.5 is not large, especially in Califuckingfornia.
>Biggest I've felt in years
Congratulations. You live near a fault line and you actually felt something that happens beneath you every single day without you even realizing.

I've been living in SoCal for a year and some change and I have yet to experience one.

Sorry guys i dropped my cock

>phoneposting
>ever

It was right near highway 24, wonder if it suffered any damage, but it wasn't as big as the 89 quake but it was MUCH closer.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED GUYS I WOKE UP WITH THE EARTH AND MY BLACK GF CRYING THE FUCK

IM SCARED

I didn't feel anything here in Fresno so yes they're dead

THere was one in october in LA fag.

>Big earthquake just happened in CA Bay Area. Biggest I've felt in years.
>Big

This thread deleted by (((USGS))) in five, four, three...

Nobody in 2018 California would die from a 4.5 quake. Nobody who isn't conveniently juggling flaming knives on a unicycle as it's happening, anyway.

Dont worry goy these apartments in SF are (((earthquake proof))). For real though, I'm scared now, HOLD ME POL

DEC 2017 --- WILDFIRES BURN CALIFORNIA
JAN 2018 --- SAN ANDREAS FAULT CRUMBLES CALIFORNIA
FEB 2018 --- KIM JONG UN NUKES CALIFORNIA
MAR 2018 --- TIANGONG-1 SPACE STATION CRASHES INTO CALIFORNIA

What a time to be alive!

So far for as long as I've lived here I've woken up to the tail end of a mag 4.4.

There were earthquakes all over the world.

I barely even felt it. It just shook my window a bit.

He isn't wrong though. Last one this size was at least a year ago, and this one was on the supercunt fault that could tear us asunder.

Some people died from a collapsing rotten balcony a few years back. I don't really trust the quality at least in the east bay.

It really felt bigger than a 4.5-4.7. I usually don’t even notice those

You forgot oroville dam happening.

You understand that the more small earthquake happens, the chances of the big one actually decreases, right? No? Since most people who are this terrified of a mag 4 are total newfags to earthquakes.

4.5, relax, soyboy. Didn't even knock anything over. Fucking pussies.

maybe this has something to do with the weird trumpet sounds that were just happening an hour ago

I cant be half asses to get up, turn my computer on, wait for it to power on only to shit post. It’s 2018 bruh I haven’t even used my computer since university.

PLEASE BE A FORESHOCK

Woke me up in SF, apparently the whole Bay area felt it.

>4.5
>relevant

choose one.

Are there any survivors?

How often does Germany have earthquakes?

There be lots of happenings coming, we gon get comfy goiys

Same, I'm in the east bay a few miles from the epicenter. The quakes feel the worst when they are almost right under you.

Isn't a 4.7 2x stronger than a 4.5?

Hanford here, didn't feel shit.

Every party needs a pooper that is why they invited you. Party pooper, party pooper.

that doesn't mean i experienced it you fucking cocksock

East Coast is going first sorry to say...thats why all the jews moved here

4.5 is pussy shit. Around 15k 4.0s happen every year so let me know when a 8.0 or greater hits.

The aftershocks of the Loma Prieta were bigger than this, soyboy. This was barely worth waking up for.

Goddam it I just woke up sf

God is punishing California by burning it and trying to get their attention by shaking it. If you had any sense you would GTFO before it gets worse.

According to what?

It's nothing. Stop making a fuzz about it. If you are afraid, moVe back to the South.

The fault's always awake.
>tear us asunder
That isn't how it works. It's amazing how many people think a large-scale earthquake, with or without the tsunami, would be like how 2012 or that Dwayne Johnson movie depicted it. That's scientifically impossible if for the fact alone that the San Andreas fault can't culminate anything stronger than a Mag 8. It's the Cascadia Subduction Zone by Eureka, Oregon, Washington State, and British Columbia you should worry about.

I THOUGHT IT WAS MY LANDLADY FUCKING AROUND DOWNSTAIRS.

Goddamn it, I was fucking pissed off she woke me up! I guess not.

I went through the Loma Prieta and the Northridge quake. Fuck yes I'm gonna mock you little pussies.

LA and the bay area will never fall into the ocean, will it? We're just going to be teased by all of these fucking nothings for the rest of time.

> Not shitposting from the shitter.

Physical Geography. The fault is like a rubber band, the more stress it builds up the more it stretches out. Small quakes, especially like the one Berkeley just experienced, ease stress.

southern germany sometimes has some fucking small ones
northern germany has none at all

People aren't going to leave until shit hits the fan right in their face.

nigger, I know a 9.0 isn't likely to happen on our transverse fault. Large magnitudes like that are reserved for subduction zones. But a 7.0+ would absolutely fuck up a large amount of the decrepit shithole that is the bay area.

reporting in
felt the shaking as I was considering going to sleep

sfgate.com/news/bayarea/article/Earthquake-Felt-In-East-Bay-This-Morning-12472831.php

No, they won't, because that's scientifically impossible.

Last two bay area quakes were at night. Fuck this noise! I want a daytime quake, like when I was a kid.

I'm in Fresno and I didn't notice it

Phoneposting is great, it gives you a second ID for samefagging if you take it off WiFi

pepe'd com.
rollen for san andreas, rolllenn

im near berekeley. woke me up.

Los Gatos here, felt a little baby shake from the 4.7 in Berkeley.

You'll get it sooner rather than later.

It's habinene son

Cute. Look up Mexico’s earthquake of 85. I stopped believing in god that day even as a dumb naive 5 year old

Absolutely. But it won't be like the movies. The power supply would be cut off for days, weeks, months, who knows. A lot of old infrastructure that aren't up to date with the newest codes will turn to rubble. It's best to buy an emergency supply of food and water to tide you over until things go back to normal.

Not really. It's two big rocks sliding past each other, and occasionally it gets caught. Quakes are when it slips past the stoppage. You're right that it eases stress though. Sometimes. Depends on the fault, what kind of quake, how deep, etc. This one didn't feel deep. It was a jolter, which are usually the little ones letting go. When the big faults go, like the Loma Prieta, it built up and was long rocking motions side to side, it was like someone picked up CA and shook it like a frying pan for a couple seconds. Same for Northridge.

Oh blessed are ye our lord Kimmy J. Please bathe the bay area in the holy light of your nuclear fire so that ye may cleanse us of our sins. Amen.

>mfw my surname was used by some murican scientist to measure earth quakes.
>I made a bad impression every time i present myself causing people to fell distressed because death and destruction

At less my surname is not Alzheimer...

Really? Cause we had an earthquake too at roughly the same time.

Literally only a 4.4. Stop freaking out.

THAT WAS A FORESHOCK I JUST. KNOW. IT I DON'T WANT TO DIE IN SF OUT OF ALL PLACES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shit's gonna catch on fire too. I hope it rains a bit more so the stupid faggots unwilling to spend $100 on a gas shutoff don't start a bay-wide conflagration.