I guess I'm interested to see a full on alternate continuity with this story... but

I guess I'm interested to see a full on alternate continuity with this story... but...

Does it really have to be animated in that cheap 3D anime?

>cheap
>implying

if it's as good as Blame then I'm in.

The only Japanese CG movie I've ever been able to stomach was Expelled from Paradise

This has Butchy Gen too, so maybe it won't be g-g-g-g-garbage like all that Kenji Kamiyama shit

fuck that guy

Wait, where's Godzilla? Is he standing behind that guy in the front?

I wonder how expensive Gantz: O was.

L-l-look out! H-he's r-r-right behind you!

I don't care man. I love Godzilla.

>American Godzilla released
>"BAAAAAAW WHY DOES IT FOCUS SO MUCH ON THE MILITARY AMERICA DOESN'T KNOW GODZILLA LOL HAMBURGERS"

>Japanese Godzilla released
>"Based Japan focusing on the military to create a more deep and human story Anno can truly do no wrong"

>"BAAAAAAW WHY DOES IT FOCUS SO MUCH ON FAMILY DRAMA AMERICA DOESN'T KNOW GODZILLA LOL HAMBURGERS"
ftfy

>"BAAAAAAW WHY DOES IT FOCUS SO MUCH ONE ASSHOLE AND HIS QUEST TO RESCUE HIS FAMILY"

>Japanese Godzilla released
>"Based Japan focusing on the human analysis and response to a giant unknown threat which continuously proves itself to be more and more dangerous with time"

>Japanese Godzilla
>America goes for the nuke plan first before backtracking to go for the Japanese sake plan

Why are you complaining about a movie you didn't even watch? Shin Gojira portrayed the JSDF as useless and ineffectual and they weren't the focus of the film.

The G cells infected the whole world. The whole planet is Godzilla.

MC is Godzilla He just doesn't realize it

3DCG is the future

Normies said the former, no normies saw shin godzilla.

The people saying either of those were different groups. Everybody who actually watched godzilla movies said and noted that godzilla showed up about as much in the 2014 film as in most of thr toho ones

People blamed American one because it was a mediocre flick tho

Did you intend to make yourself look this stupid? Was this a part of your master plan? Or are you just a disingenuous cuck?

I doubt it'll look cheap. These are movies. Paradise and Blame don't look too bad. I'm excited because this is the chance to do something extravagant with the property. Things can be done in this medium that are too difficult or impossible to accomplish with live-action.

Designs looks really good, audio will also be great knowing the studio, but they fucking animate it at like 14 fps do it can be more like traditional anime and looks fucking terrible

You do realize Godzilla 2014 is one of the longest Godzilla films (by like thirty minutes) and has one of the smallest amounts of screen time for the character, right? Plus the Japanese films don't have the retarded teasing and sleep-inducing protagonist that Godzilla 2014 had. Makes a slight difference.

Is this made by user? Cause if it is it is just NGE reskin

>people are shitting all over 2014 for the lack of title monster
>I still remember most of the stuff like the initial sequence or train collapse
I dunno, user. I wouldn't call it sleep inducing since it really got me entertained.

I love Tokusatsu with the military essence

I like the '98 version with Jean Reno more.

All I remember about it is a big pile of fish and subway cocoons.

Im excited for it. I've been a Godzilla fan since I was a kid so i'm just happy to finally be getting new stuff again.

Godzilla had more screen time in Shin. and the human elements weren't dull and the cinematography kept it interesting.

the American one is just this one boring guy who's just going from place to place and riding the plot. Japanese MC was a young guy who is fed up with the bureaucratic bullshit of the old gen. he's also surrounded by a colorful cast of characters like the autistic lady, that old guy, the guy with the bad teeth who always loses his shit. that gave the human elements energy.

No John, you are the 'Zilla.

>not remembering MC and the french soldiers running for their lives from baby godzillas in that hotel
MC checking if the next floor is safe in the elevator scene cracked me up

The thing that pissed me off about 2014 Godzilla is how the humans accomplish literally nothing. Once they find the kaiju, they decide to nuke them. Then three minutes later their nuke breaks and they have to fix it. Then the EXPERIENCED BOMB DISPOSAL EXPERT can't do it and the bomb blows up anyway.

I get that it was an allegory for global warming and shit but if you're going to focus on the humans 95% of the time, at least don't have them just chasing their tail the whole time..

Isn't the ship humans land on called Godzilla or something?

i cant wait until this is the actual twist

or is it really

The whole plot of his movie is that the kaiju battles got too intense so humanity had to find a new planet to live on. It takes them years to get to this new planet and when they do get to it they realize they fucked up and they actually can't survive on this planet.

So now they have to go back to Earth which has drastically changed and they have to take to back from Godzilla and the other kaiju

The American Godzilla took a severe drop in quality once Bryan Cranston's character was dead. The main guy was not a good enough actor to carry the film.

>Enough is ENOUGH! I have HAD it with these MOTHA FUCKIN' ZILLAS on this MOTHA FUCKIN' PLANET!!

>"let's dissect this giant kaiju"
>"ok it is done. what should we do with the corpse?"
>"just put it in a nuclear disposal facility, surrounded by nuclear waste. it's dead, there is no risk anyway right? i-it's not going to wake up and eat everything right?"
>colossal kaiju then revives for no reason, rips half the mountain open, and nobody around the mountain, inside the mountain, or the military facility in/around the mountain notices anything. and also nobody in las vegas which is conveniently next to it sees this 20m tall monster opening a mountain in two then walking to the city
this bothered me the most.