A talented but zero common sense literal autist won over the beautiful hard working girl

A talented but zero common sense literal autist won over the beautiful hard working girl

What the fuck? Is the message of this series is that having talent but putting in no work > putting in effort and doing your best?
Because that is just bullshit. Fuck the MC, fuck Mashiro the autist, and fuck every other character but Aoyama.

>Is the message of this series is that having talent but putting in no work > putting in effort and doing your best?
Yes, that's why I liked it - it is representative of reality.

Aoyama a best though. Great character.

>Is the message of this series is that having talent but putting in no work > putting in effort and doing your best?
But Mashiro puts a lot of work? Whole her life? To the point of being non-functional?

the message of this show is that worst girl always loses

Yes. If you do your best but still end up doing bad, you'd better do something else.

Protag-kun does deserve neither of them. Such a faggot.

>Such a faggot.
What made Sorata so much worse than your average protagonist in this genre? He seemed more like a hapless idiot than anything else to me, yet Sup Forums seems to hate him with a passion any time this show is mentioned.

If you put in all the effort it will amount to something. It is not wasted

That's not Misaki.

>If you put in all the effort it will amount to something
That's pretty naive.

That's nice dear, but it's not how the world works.

In your fairy tale world maybe.

If you put in actual effort instead of thoughtless, half-assed "effort" then you'll at least get something in return, even if it wasn't exactly what you hoped.

why do people watch shitty romances when they know who will win in episode 1?

>mfw
Something tells me that you've either been exceptionally lucky in life or you have limited life experience. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Autist >>> Aoyama
I hate characters that are just there to make you feel bad about them losing. If this show had a better MC and cut out all the bullshit besides Mashiro it would have been good.

>What the fuck? Is the message of this series is that having talent but putting in no work > putting in effort and doing your best?
This is what nips believe. Believing in success as a result of talent is an oversimplified self-defensive idea.
It's understandable why nips believing in that if you look closely at their society.

Not my fault you don't put any real effort into anything in your life.

Whatever you say, user. Ignorance is bliss after all.

>I hate characters that are just there to make you feel bad about them losing
You're not obliged to feel bad for them - that's up to you.

Just because you work hard at something doesn't mean you are guaranteed success though. That's an incredibly entitled view.

>you'll at least get something in return, even if it wasn't exactly what you hoped.
You'll get an experience in return. An experience of fucking up and wasting your time. Rationalizing that it was still a good idea is human nature, we are faulty at admitting our wrongs.

>Not my fault you don't put any real effort into anything in your life.
I'll speak for my case. I barely ever studied and aced exams simply by listening to lectures and being smart. I got to my STEM MSc. by being good at crunching numbers.
I've seen people study all night. I tutored some, even. They've invested great effort and yet, they had bad grades or failed

I can't really remember what happened at the end of the series, but I'm pretty sure they all moved past not managing to instantly find success before they'd even left education, right?

Just going to say as a Korean, I am highly offended with that Psy doujin.

It's a disgrace and it's not how we gooks actually are.

He didn't pick best girl aka Aoyama.

>You'll get an experience in return. An experience of fucking up and wasting your time
I disagree with the user you were replying to too, but I think you're being a bit too cynical here. Sometimes experience can be very valuable. But you often waste a lot of time and money acquiring it. I suppose your assessment of its worth depends how valuable that experience proves to be in the future.

This is true. And he did sperg the fuck out in the last few episodes.

>Just because you work hard at something doesn't mean you are guaranteed success though. That's an incredibly entitled view.
You aren't guaranteed with what you expected, but it amounts to SOMETHING if you put your ass into it and serioius about whatever you are workings towards.

>I can't really remember what happened at the end of the series
You're better off. Everything after the Christmas episode is a trainwreck.

>but it amounts to SOMETHING if you put your ass into it and serioius about whatever you are workings towards.
I've seen people put their life and soul into college courses they are not suited to and get nowhere. In some cases doing so actually had a long term negative impact on their mental health, so not even the experience they gained was worth while.

Isn't that just reality itself? There's always someone out there who can input less effort to create a better result. Nanami and Sorata just had the misfortune of having that someone around them every day - like a big shitty reminder.

>they are not suited to and get nowhere
I guess I agree with this but people shouldn't work towards something they aren't suited for in the first place.

Are you guys talents and/or hard working?

>Nanami and Sorata just had the misfortune of having that someone around them every day - like a big shitty reminder.
I'd go out of my mind if had to be around somebody that superior to me every day.

>but people shouldn't work towards something they aren't suited for in the first place.
True, but this is often something you can't know beforehand and only learn when it is too late. In the context of third level education, I consider this to be one of the biggest failures of the modern education system.

I don't think it's supposed to have a message. But if you want to see one, it's not about effort and success in general, because the show is very shallow when it comes to this. It's rather that no matter how much efforts you put into being a nice and hardworking girl, it's no guarantee your crush will reciprocate your feelings, which is sensible.

Neither. Used to be both to a certain degree, but that was a long time ago.

Hard worker here. I'm not the best worker around my job or the least bit taented but I try to make up for it by putting in effort and always giving 110% at everything, and it shows; I leave pretty good impression at work

I would pick Aoyama if I was MC. Work to support each other and come home greeted by a loving wife instead of being around an autist everyday while constantly taking care of her

I have my close friend's dream job. I only applied to it because he was going on about how awesome it is, I didn't have much of an interest beforehand. He failed his application whereas I didn't.

I bet he's feeling despair

Jesus, I hope you guys have a strong friendship because that could have a serious negative effect such a relationship.

Just a lazy fag, working hard sometimes doesn't pay off.

We've been friends for a long time and I can tell he feels shit and really unhappy. He's admitted that he's jealous in the "haha I'm jelly bro" kind of way.

I can't imagine this will break our friendship, though I'm feeling things shouldn't have worked out this way

If my anime knowledge is right, your friend will disappear from your life for a while and then show up unexpectedly as your arch nemesis in whatever field in opposite of your job.

Pure talent here.
Wish I could be both, but being talented fucked up any form of hard-work potential.
Well at least being talented makes my life pretty comfy.

People like you are the worst.

But I'm happy for you for having a job.

Sadly, "talent". The only thing I ever "worked hard" for was to learn english. Now I'm in one of my country's most "elite" prep schools (kinda hard to translate into english since it has no equivalent in either the US or the UK). This course has a reputation for making you work like a dog, and I'm ahead of 2/3rds of my class by just reading my notes the night before the exam. Thing with talent is, unless you're a one in a million type genius, you'll just be a little better than most people but you won't be the best in your field. You actually have to work to get to that point, because all of those are people with talent who also work their asses off.
I keep taking on more and more difficult tasks to finally get to my "breaking point", where I will have to work, but instead it always takes me like 3 months to get on the "average level" of my studies and then the progress stops. Thing is, without hard work you won't ever get to do anything interesting.
/blogshit
Yeah this is nip mentality at its finest, but it can be true in the music scene, where many, many people work themselves almost to death just to get steamrolled by some dickwad genius, though the dickwad genius usually works hard as well.

Fucking hell that would be unbelievable. He'd be pretty happy about it

I didn't really think about the consequences if something like this happened, until his application(s) got dropped and mine didn't. Things got pretty awkward

>tfw shit at everything I've ever tried
>couldn't even relate to Aoyama
It must be nice to have talent. At least that gives you an obvious direction to pursue in life.

I hope you didn't missed that Mashiro also put a lot of effort into her works, leading to her autistic behavior.

But yes,
Talent + Hard Work > Hard Work

I hate people with talent, why even bother working hard at something if somebody can make it better than you withouth effor.

Talent. It's shit, I hate being a lazy prick. I'm not a genius or anything either, just smart enough to not have to do any real work for the most part. I really feel for people that don't have talent but put in hard work and get nowhere, because it shouldn't be the way it is.

Why are you on Sup Forums you normie

guys can you achieve talent by working hard?

i want to make nanami a single mother

This is probably the worst show I've seen in a while.

Please tell me it sold like shit.

>I hate people with talent
Me too, even though I know it's incredibly petty of me. But I just feel like what's the point in putting in effort if you're just gonna get shat on somebody who is effortlessly better than you?

Kinda annoyed by all the anons here who are complaining about "just" being talented.

No, you just gain experience and become more skilled. Talent is natural.

You can close the gap but your maximum potential will never reach the same height.

If it makes you feel better, I'm still a kissless virgin at 24 years of age

How about the new LN the author has written? The manga adaptation of that is pretty fun

Some of us have been here for a while. We started out as listless high schoolers or college students and have stuck around long enough to necessitate getting a job. Some have even caved and gotten in 3D relationships. It happens.

But don't worry, some of us even with careers are mere months away from becoming wizards.

>Some have even caved and gotten in 3D relationships
Don't act like that wasn't an active decision. Those people made their choice.

Nothing wrong with having a job. Got to make some money to support our shameless hobbies.

Now marriage on the other hand, is something I will never do.

Are you Phoenix or Edgeworth?

This thread is depressing holy fuck

Yes. They did.

My point was that Sup Forums and Sup Forums has been around for like 13 years now. People who fit the Sup Forums weeb zeitgeist in 2007 may not in 2017, but they still come here. Deal with it.

>Deal with it.
I wasn't the one complaining about anons having jobs - I'm a few years into my career myself. I fucking hate working, but that's beside the point.

The 3D relationships are unforgivable though.

I'm more surprised at the amount of "talents."

I thought I was on Sup Forums.

When I have to do something alone, I'm the laziest person around. When I have to do something for/with someone else I always try as hard as I possibly can to the point where it's unhealthy.

Putting hard work vs. talent aside, Nanami is fucking beautiful. MC truly has shit taste.

To this day, despite having a very lukewarm opinion of the show, she remains one of my favourite anime girls.

Edgey, though still a trainee

Sure, you say that now. I probably did at your age too.

But give it a few years. Week after week, month after month. The same office. The same desk. The same small apartment. The same shitty anime and games coming out every season. Soon you'll start to think it'd be nice if that rather homely girl with the shapely legs on the other side of the office would step on your face with her heels and pantyhosed feet. But you don't say anything, because you think she's married or something, plus HR just gave a big presentation about respect in the first place.

Hypothetically, of course.

they never specified in what field they are talented in. Could be wanking of all things

The day when we can literally interact with our waifu is the day I completely give up on 3DPD.

Only a year behind you. Not long before we get our magic powers, brother.

>tfw you wake up on the day of your 30th birthday and you can feel the magic coursing through your veins

Retarded blonde or tsudenre always wins, you should've known by now

Aoyama was sorta tsundere though.

Either lying or something easy like sports medicine.

prosecutors are meant to be good talkers. Go talk yourself into a waifu

she was sorta meh. Though granted, way better than genki bimbo and burger girl (or was she italian...?)

When there are both of them, retarded blonde will win. Look at nisekoi, retarded blonde + tsundere had no chance to lose

>burger girl (or was she italian...?)
Can't even remember who you are referring to.

Aoyama is fucking boring, fuck her.

>20 - NEET
>30 - Wizard
>40 - Sorcerer
>50 - Warlock
>60 - Sage
>70 - Grand Sage
Has anyone ever made it to the next level?

Yeah, that's largely why I stopped watching anime.
It's about pandering to otaku. Who want to live wish fulfillment
They're all lazy schmucks who has no drive to better themselves.
But they watch anime where MC is also a lazy schmuck, but coveniently has girls fall in love with him for literally no reason.
This is the otaku's fantasy they want.
They don't want a MC who works hard to accomplish his goals

Aoyama a best girl.
Mashiro a shit.

Behead all who claim otherwise.

Also, this show was shit and you shouldn't start threads about it.

Damn dude I can feel your friend's anguish from here

had to look it up, her name was Rita Ainsworth and she was a brit apparently.

she was the one who fell for the autistic reverse trap

was meant for

>fuck her.
If only.

>But they watch anime where MC is also a lazy schmuck, but coveniently has girls fall in love with him for literally no reason.
>This is the otaku's fantasy they want.
As long as it remains a fantasy, I don't see the problem. You'd have to be extraordinarily thick to believe that real life romance works like that.

But hey, it's their own fault for pursuing 3D if they do.

>Who want to live wish fulfillment
That's pretty much all stories aimed towards anyone under the age of 18, and arguably for anyone older. Everyone wants to read/watch things they couldn't normally have/do in their real lives. I personally like stories with a bit of balance between the two, of wish fulfillment and what really would happen.

Talent but lazy as fuck. I still manage to get shit done somehow.

What was the job?

If only there was an alternate ending where Nanami wins instead.

I would forgive the author then.

Police prosecutor

You know, have you ever wondered how many people who are "talented" at something exist but their talent will never flourish and develop because they never discover what their "talent" is? Do you ever think about how many people who could possibly be good at a certain field but will never be able to know because they don't have the means or the resources to even attempt to try that something?

The difference is other people want to better themselves and likes a MC who reflects that

I've always had a soft spot for bakas. Their minds are simple, but their intentions are pure.

Jesus, I barely remember her being in the show at all.

>You know, have you ever wondered how many people who are "talented" at something exist but their talent will never flourish and develop because they never discover what their "talent" is?
That's actually something that's on my mind a lot, but mainly because I've yet to find something I have a natural aptitude for.

literally every 3rd world country ever

Cry more you objectively inferior faggots.

Makes me feel guilty for being born in the first world yet being a waste of space.