High caffiene energy drinks are banned to Under 16s

>go to my local Waitrose™ supermarket
>had no sleep and need a quick boost
>"do you have id to purchase this high caffeine energy drink, sir?"
>no id present
>"i can't sell you this energy drink"

Can this country JUST itself any more? Now I've gotta carry ID to purchase an energy drink

archive.is/Uo7oF

>Waitrose is to ban the sale of high-caffeine energy drinks to children aged under 16.
The supermarket said customers buying drinks containing more than 150mg of caffeine per litre would be asked to prove their age from 5 March.
>It follows concerns over the impact of sugar and caffeine on children.
>The British Soft Drinks Association said energy drinks had been "deemed safe" by regulators but that they were not marketed or promoted to under 16s.

I'm starting to think the nanny state meme is not a meme

> i'm underage
shouldn't you be off organizing your sexts or something

>under 16 shit
no one fucking cares here because we are all 18+.

Claim your a mudslime and that he's discriminating against you

Good, that shit fucks with people.
Start lifting, you fat sack of shit, maybe then you won't need to rely on energy drinks. And start sleeping.
And drink green tea or coffee, there's no fucking reason why any human being needs to drink those death drinks. Suck it up, smarter people know what's better for you than you do.

>Not carrying your ID
Unless you're a nigger, why do people do this?

>underage.
Anyone over 18 is required to carry ID in this country, voting being a noted exception.

>American education

I'm just discussing the latest JUST-ing that's happening in the UK since we need ID to buy knives. We need ID to buy energy drinks

>under 16

are you underrage, or a fucking retard, or both?

this is good because kids shouldnt be drinking that shit. i hate a nanny state but i dont see an issue with this

I see no issue with this, also this has been a thing with various news agents for decades

Over here "energy drinks" are generally not sold to kids under 15, there's no legislation behind it and this farce exists only to avoid actual legislation and a sea of trouble. I forgot if there were actual problem with hyperactive kids sperging out in school, or if some journalist made it up.
It gets funny when you buy a plain sports drink with "energy" in the name and some fucko registered it in the shop's computer as caffinated. Buying caffeine pills though, no problem!

so you have no problem remembering to carry your knife everywhere but just can't seem to remember to bring your ID anywhere
and you're not underage OR retarded

If they're actually concerned about caffeine/sugar why not soda also?

Ask yourself if you're a retard. I'm aware it's good for the little fat shits. I'm merely pointing out that you'll have to carry your ID if you're a babyfaced 17 year old.

>Claim

A box of green tea has a shit ton more

Don't drink caffiene became a trannie instead

So... you look under 16 then do you? Dont worry mate when your balls drop you can grow a beard an that, look like a man at last..

This shit shouldn't be stocked anyway desu, but I think its a good think they yet another coping mechanism for the lower class is disappearing.

youll get id'd for looking 15,, you gotta be a real babyface for that

>It's a business doing what it wants. Literally free market.
>56%ers cry because they want soda to be free.

Based waitrose desu, drinks like red bull and coke are pure shit, the sugar fucks your teeth and your metabolism, the caffeine just makes you edgy. Adults who drink them are retarded and children shouldn't have them.

Good. Don't want to send your kids to a school of youths hopped up on caffeine and refined sugars. They need to be docile.

Lie

>user was banned for this post

just steal the fucking monster , it's as easy as puting it inside your pants and cover it with a jacket.

>have to be 18 to purchase basic silverware
>have to be 16 years old to buy an energy drinks
>have to be 16 years or 18 years to buy a video game, depending on the restriction
>Have to at least 16 to buy, pump, or own gas in some way
>Have to be at least 16 to buy lottery ticket
>Have to be 16 or sometimes18 to buy a pet
The ABSOLUTE state of the UK

I'm fine with it. Teenagers lose their shit over those things. I remember in high school there was that one clique that pounded Monster all day and had some weird culture where they kept trying to one up each other on drinking the most monster and sleeping the least.

Less hyped up little niggers running around stabbing and causing misery is a good thing.

They're saving your life OP. Energy drinks are pretty bad for your heart.

Finally one person gets the point of this thread while the rest are too stupid to see that I'm merely making an hypothetical scenario as if I'm a babyfaced 18 year old with no ID.

Thank you for being a wise American.

In my country, kids have been passing out from overuse of energy drinks so much that when an ambulance crew arrives on a passed out teenager, their first question is did he/she consume any energy drink. You drink two cans of Monster every day, you go and play football, and one day your heart can't take the strain anymore and gives out. Kids had to be resuscitated, and I'm not even kidding. One or two got stuck in a coma for months and when they came out, they had a defibrilator installed in their chest.

>drinking energy drinks

why?

Here in Germany there is no minimum age for energy drinks - even a 5 year old could, in theory, ask his parents for money and buy double his weight of coffeine-containing beverages.

But a few things have to be mentioned:
> In Germany there are very strict regulations concerning the ingredients of food and drinks. For example, energy drinks have a way lower concentration of caffeine than the same brand's drink has in the USA or Great Britain.
> Although there is no law that restricts certain age groups of buying foods and drinks with ingredients like caffeine, if the seller (what's that job called?) doesn't want to sell you something because he thinks it could be harmful to someone your age, he has the right to do that.
> After in the USA a girl died from Monster Energy overdose, debates started whether or not energy drinks should be distributed only for people aged 16 or higher. Though those debated dies quickly, there always is a chance of media creating new scandals...

Whereas you cunts can't drink til you're 21 or fuck til you're 18! No wonder so many of you are awkward spergy school shooters.

>as if

beying fair here caffeine is really addictive.

good goy. it's just caffeine, sugar, and some additional bullshit that doesn't do much of anything for your body. the "reports" are just fear mongering

You can overdose from anything.

gving more power, to the power hungry estate
>good goy.

Children should be drinking milk

Lol over here we need IDs to buy lighters and computer duster

>kids shouldnt just be able to gamble bro n like have a pet which they can leave at home whilst therye at school and definitely not look after lmao but just get that sugary energy drinks down you son the american way, games are pegi 18 but fuck it that dont mean anything right?

>had a defibrilator installed in their chest.

That sounds fucking awesome I bet they looked like Darth Vader

>ban soda
And risk a visit from the ccds?

i wish you would drink more energy drinks during the most impressionable time for your brain so that you become even more of a retard

>oi you have an ID for that spoon you cheeky wanker?

You need ID to buy a computer duster? What you gonna do to someone with that? Blow them to death?

>had to show ID for buying alcohol the other week
>tfw i'm fucking 25

Wait, this means you can't even buy certain types of tea. Haha, what a fucking joke.

Energy drinks are just caffeine and sugar, neither of which are unhealthy by itself.

A couple of yank retard teens were huffing them a few years back and died.

Or you could just not go to Waitrose?

> Now I've gotta carry ID to purchase an energy drink

Energy drink? You mean soda pop, full of sugar, artificial dyes, and caffeine?

Man up, stop drinking that shit and drink coffee. Black. No Sugar. No dairy.

Coffee is a super drink. Full of good stuff and a kick of caffeine. It's cheap. It's available everywhere in the world. It's actually has health benefits. You can go anywhere humans inhabit the earth, ask for a cup of coffee and get one.

It's social too, people drink coffee and talk to each other. Rather than chugging a Mountain Dew and getting back to Clash of Clans.

Carded for cigarettes
37 years old

Wrong. They also have shit like taurine and guarana that's supposed to amplify the affects of the caffeine. Is this unhealthy? Probably only if you have a heart condition. Are teens fucking stupid and will drink them in excess until they're unhealthy? Yes they are and will.
That being said they stupid shits should be allowed to buy them and kill themselves with them because it's just natural selection at that point.

Cool edgy baseline Darwinism, bro

It's about the size of a pacemaker. But you don't want that in you when you're 19.

I actually support this, these drinks are toxic to our children and they are fucking them up in school. It's enabling this pill popping culture of "OOOOOOOOH YOU NEED RITALIN LITTLE GOY, YOU HAVE ADHD". It's like "no" the little shit just likes fizzy drinks.

If you are against this then you enjoy nigger dicks. Simple as that really.

>claah of clans
how out of touch are you?

You’ve clearly never left Canada.

It's pragmatic. If someone does stupid shit at 15 that's an indicator they're going to be doing stupid shit at 30.
They're a burden to society because it's a behavior trait.
Don't get me wrong, I not dumb enough to think energy drinks are a "gateway drug" but drinking them in excess that people think it's a health concern is a behavioral red flag.

>starting to

>i'm a soyboy who lookes like 15 the post

go to the gym, grow a manly beard and stop being autistic

Good. That shit is poison and will make you a perma manlet.

>I'm a german Muslim who doesn't udnerstand a hypothetical situation.

I never stated I was Under 16 and looked like a babyface.

This is good, have you seen the kids who drink these, it makes them into absolute degenerates who smoke and only care about when the next party is, or as they would say, the next "sesh". Seriously, they slowly replace the english language with retarded slang

To be fair if you get a worker that is a cunt then they will ID you even if you look 121 years old, they just do it for the power trip and to delay your day.

Those things are fucking rammed full of shite anyway.
Tasty tho

Caffeine pills from Pharmacy are legal I guess.

At fucking last. It should be 18+ only.

this.

>unironically sympathising with sippers

>Caffeine pills from Pharmacy are legal I guess.
Pharmacies here are removing them because of heart attack problems they cause. Things like PRO PLUS are disappearing/being phased out.

Then if you are of legal age, you smugly show them your ID

>be me
>30 years old
>look like 16
Carded every time and it always leads to compliments and a nice laugh from the cashier, they even blush usually for some reason.

The ultimate fucking nanny state

russia has banned those completely

Indeed.

SOY

Coming to a Wal-Shart near you.

energy drinks are banned here too, N-18 actually

Drink tea and fuck off

>implying this is a bad thing

People are victims of their vices. Sometimes you do need the state to guide you right so you don't become a total degenerate.

As someone who had been ADDICTED to drinking Monster since I was about 15 (drinking it more carefully since about 11) and only got rid of it a year ago (now 22), I think it's a good thing that teenagers don't get into this shit not knowing what they're doing.

This.

Drink tea, conquer clay and fuck bitches.

No one will call you guys a nanny state tho. You always dodge this, so lucky you are.

Bongistan just gets worse by the day

>shopping in waitrose
>buying energy drinks
>looking under sixteen

>carry ID to purchase something
In the US you cannot buy alcohol if you are under the age of 21 and Tobacco is under the age of 18 and ID is required to purchase both.

>mfw had to check ID's and turned down so many niggers cuz "I left my ID@home/ no ID".

who cares. Quit the caffeine Jew and in a few months you will feel much better. Then if you really need it a soda will do more than your heart attack drink.
Hitler would have limited them to wartime use only.

>Wanting to protect our precious white children from the poison of energy drinks and trips to Doctor Shekelstein so he can be put on hormone changing Ritalin
>This is somehow "bad".

Russia and most of the Baltics/Soviet Bloc have outlawed Energy Drinks completely, don't see you complaining about them? Stupid nigger.

You need a license for that post, user.

"Oi guvna ya better have yer Red Bull license on ya to purchase that there Shakey Wakey Drinky! Dun make me call the Bobbies on ya!"

LOOK MUM I'M BEING A REBEL!

>can't drink
>drinking everywhere's on college campus
Enforcement is very dependent on state and even locality.

>consuming Semitic sugar water in the first place.

You didn't need it anyway fatty.

>not playing clash royale
pleb

just what the world needs, kids jacked up on speed.

I'd never tried an energy drink before the age of 28.
If I drink a can of Monster, I start jabbering away as if I've done a few lines of coke. This cannot be a good thing for kids to consume.

This is an 18+ website
>being an adult
>not having a driver's license.

You're a retard. It's just caffeinated sugar water.

In order to solve peoples problems you need control user. Its in the nature of government to want control of everything.

Its also its in nature to fuck everything up. Which is why we need to chop it apart and keep it as small as possible.