Was Rem a cuck? I can't believe they played my girl like that

Was Rem a cuck? I can't believe they played my girl like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!sAVCQZiQ!Jz0h3m3TG-_vgcAtCTWonubSEOAdk1-S9lCJHSvN8A0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rem is cute.

I take it you haven't read the web novel

what happens?

>Liking a girl who likes another male and also gets rejected

You're like cuck²

First off, women can't be cucks.
Second, if they could EMT would be the cuck.

It's normal to a woman to be cuck, they even like seeing their man fugging a younger woman.

In the WN, Subaru is a two-timer who confessed to two different girls on the same day.

She knows she has nothing to fear from Emilia and that she's the endgame anyway. She considers a fucking Ground Dragon a stronger rival than Emilia.

>Was Rem a cuck?
She still is. But to be fair, that's both Subaru and Rem's fault.

>Subaru is a two-timer
At least he's not also a pedo like that guy in monogatashit. Nisio Isin is a hack.

In summary? Rem's encouragement actually led to Subaru falling for her.

Two days after rejecting her, he basically tells her something like, "I love Emilia, but my heart races every time I look at you. I'm terrible, aren't I?". Rem suggests he could just marry them both, and he seems to have taken that thought to heart.

She gets him to give her a proper confession after the whale fight, by faking a tragic death scene.
Well, people still joke about Subaru being a pedo because little girls like him. Oh, and Emilia turns out to be mentally 13 to 14, and doesn't know what sex is.

Subaru kiss-rapes Emilia.

Emilia kiss-raped him first when she went crazy in one loop. Subaru's first kiss was already ruined.

>not the first girl
>not the main heroine
>twin
>maid and not some royal candidate
>gets rejected
>still makes the MC fall for her and get two confessions out of him before he could even confess to the other girl
Girl is a genius.

Both times were still cute though.

Well, she certainly makes good use of time.

I don't think the "kiss that tasted like death" was cute user

But "the second kiss tasted like life" compliments it.

>kiss of death
>kiss of life
Is the author a huge faggot?

That sounds a lot like RbD works

Too bad it got soured by the fact Subaru did it for the sake of his kekaiku. If only it was a genuine moment rather than one he was pushed to do.

His words are not communicating this. His attitude would not convince her either. In that case, the
only way to convey his feelings for her was through action.
And so,
Emilia: “Suhbar...”
Subaru: “If you don't want it, dodge.”
Within breathing range—or no, not even their breaths could intervene in the space between them.
Subaru reaches out for Emilia's shoulder, and draws his face in closer. As she witnesses Subaru's
approach, confusion arises in Emilia's eyes, her body going rigid.
For one second, he waits.
If she's going to push him away, this is the moment.
Emilia: “—”
But Emilia closes her eyes.
Whether it was resignation, or the result of hesitation, Subaru couldn't tell.
Subaru: “—Mmh”
Emilia: “—Ngh”
Their breathing intermingles as Emilia then holds her breath, Subaru's brows furrowing in pain.
The quiet noises come from the force of their teeth striking together. It all begins with that slight,
achy pain, but that immediately disappears from even the crevices of his mind when faced with the
intensity of this heat.
Soft lips. Nothing more than a mutual touch, this kiss.
This being the first for Emilia, and for Subaru his second time kissing her.
It is unlike his first time, with its cold taste of DEATH. His second kiss tastes of LIFE, hot.
In simultaneous movement, their lips separate.
They draw their faces away from each other, both forgetting to breathe as they gaze at the other.
Flushed cheeks. Watery eyes. The him reflected in Emilia's eyes also looks entirely enchanted.
The pathetic expression leads Subaru to come back to his senses first, him remembering how to
breathe as he proceeds.
Subaru: “I love you.”
Emilia: “—”
Subaru: “No matter what bad things I see of you, no matter what arguments we get into, I'm
unchangingly going to keep loving you. That'll never change no matter what happens—and so I am
always believing in you. If you're going to ask why.”
Emilia: “It's because, you love me...”

>mfw arc 5 and 6 happens

Subaru you damn liar

>It is unlike his first time, with its cold taste of DEATH. His second kiss tastes of LIFE, hot.
yep author is a faggot

That's false and you know that, subaru didn't have to kiss her.

To convince her to save Sanctuary and take the trials? Pretty sure he did, he even ripped off Rem's speech to try to convince her and even that still didn't work.

he had to, it was forced just like the rest of their relationship

Eh, still happened. What's more interesting is what's going to happen afterwards.

nothing happens afterwards, you can see that it was forced because he didn't kiss her again when she finished the trials

That's a bad argument. Subaru had more important things to worry about than babysitting Emilia. She's a big girl.

However, it's true they haven't had a single other kiss in the following year, so it's pretty clear neither side is really putting much work into it as a romantic relationship.

Not him but in arc 5 and 6 he's still babysitting Emilia but Emilia gained more independence. The problem still stems from the fact despite a year after they have done nothing with it and Subaru is realizing that it might not work out.

Isn't that how romance is supposed to work in these kinds of stories? Both sides being too chicken shit or oblivious to properly make a move on their designated love interest? That way you can drag it on for ten years or so.

That's why Rem needed a coma as a handicap. Even if she's not as bold as some people make her out to be, she actually pushes for real progress.

Girls cant be cucks though.
She's more like mistress tier

Reminder that she was the one that brought up the idea of polygamy. Full on cuck to the core.

You don't have to drag it out if there's no rival. That's just shit writing unless it's on purpose.

I honestly think the fact Tappei written Emilia as the "idealized girl" and Subaru having a silver-hired fetish through the manga and LNs he read makes me consider that Tappei intentionally made the relationship shallow to where Subaru needs to realize that maybe Emilia isn't the "heroine" Subaru keeps trying to designate her as.

Yes

No. By what retard definition is she one?

that's called rejected, not cucked

Reminder. Subaru gave Rem the absolutely least subtle "hint" that he liked her, in a sentence he started with "I love Emilia". He knew what he was saying, and Rem knew what he was saying. There are very few reasons to tell a girl you like her, a girl you know is infatuated with you, other than trying to start something with her. If you're not trying to get their hopes up, you keep that shit to yourself.

Subaru was basically asking Rem for the answer she gave him.
Well, I've seen enough shit writing.

Well, yes. That's one of the more obvious themes of their romance. The question is whether that ends in Subaru starting a real relationship with Emilia or deciding that maybe he doesn't need to.

If a woman suggests polygamy, she wants to benefit from it. Literal harems have existed forever.

Your conceptions seem way too selfless to me.

What does Rem have to gain by accepting second place? What kind of argument is that?

She makes Subaru feel less guilty about viewing her romantically, and therefore more likely to act on it.

She can always fight to be #1.Subaru isn't the sort of person with a fixed mind.

After him agreeing to polygamy she basically went all in with the fake death. Get a confession out of him and make him realize how important she actually is to him.

I wonder what the next step would have been.

Yeah, no.

She's an underdog love interest that actually deserves to win. Proactive and genuine about her feelings unlike the main heroine.

That's pretty much what the conversation was about. Subaru expressed he liked her, but felt guilty because he still liked Emilia.

It's pretty obvious what he was really saying. If Rem wasn't offended by the suggestion, he wanted to have her too. She gave him the go ahead to not feel guilty about trying to have her.

Yeah, Rem is smart, smarter than people give her credit for. It isn't all "I wuv yooou".

He really played straight into her trap card when she faked her death.

They were about to face fuck before that shitty trap interrupted them.

Lucky for Remfags that their potato still has a leg up on the competition because Emilia is having to deal with her unfortunate mental issues. Otherwise, Rem romance wouldn't even be a thing.

Lucky that Emilia has silver hair and the body of an 18 years old despite being 14 mentally, without she'd have never been a thing to begin with.

Well, Subaru wasn't exactly subtle in what he was getting at.

Still, if Emilia wasn't so naive, Subaru probably would have completely ruined his chances with her by asking "Hey, are you okay if I bang the maid, while you're busy figuring out if you want to be my girlfriend?" If Emilia was a normal girl, Subaru would have been rejected right on the spot.

In case anyone missed it:
mega.nz/#!sAVCQZiQ!Jz0h3m3TG-_vgcAtCTWonubSEOAdk1-S9lCJHSvN8A0
All the time, I thought "The Jobbing" was Garfiel immediately oneshotting him. Fucking RIP

Still doesn't change the fact that Emilia is always Subaru's #1.

Rem is also his #1 and she didn't need to play into his fetishes.

Based summarry user

Not really. Rem is incredibly bland. There's no substance behind Rem, Tappei most likely made her popular by accident and rolled with it. Nothing really warrants the complete 180 degree personality flip in Arc 2. Tappei didn't even want to kill Rem off even though she was facing off two arcbishops that already cut off Cruch's arm off cause Rem is a moneymaker.

She played into his heart instead

>play into his fetishes.
Nice headcanon Remfags.

I don't think 200 pages of dedicated backstory is "no substance"

[Rem: Is it okay...if I ask for a selfish favor…?]
[Subaru: …! Say it, say anything. I’ll listen to anything because I’ll do it…]
[Rem: Say “I love you”...]
Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
[-----------]
[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious...If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
[Rem: Ahhh...I’m happy…]
Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
[Subaru: Wait…]
[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]

All the more impressive.

I'm talking about Subaru and Rem relationships. Show me in that 200 page backstory that Tappei made to sell more Rem figmas something that pertains to Subaru.

>headcanon
sure.

Lemonwater's site is translating it right now. Plus you know, all the SOL chapters of them flirting together.

>I love Emilia
Also Subaru isn't forced and doesn't get tricked by anyone to say he loves Emilia. Rem, on the other hand, has to resort to dirty tricks to make Subaru say those things to her.

No
learn how 2 cuckoldry

It's actually not a meme. In the second LN, Subaru is wonders why he likes Emilia, aside from the fact she is literally the personification of all of his tastes in a woman.

His house also has posters with silver haired heroines. in volume 10.

>Rem
>lightweight wrestling fetish

I'm not getting what you're trying to say here.

>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>true feelings

look at the posters and tell me that they don't all have silver/white hair

This is a parody right? There's no fucking way this is freaking real.

So we actually have no substance. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

>Subaru isn't forced and doesn't get tricked by anyone to say he loves Emilia.
He had to be pushed by Rem to get him to be more resolute in the first place. He would have ditched Emilia to be with another girl, the same girl he falls for anyway in spite of his proclaimed feelings for Emilia.

Okay. So what point are you trying to make?

>Emilia plays into Subaru's fetishes
>haha nice headcanon remfag
>check his poster, they all have silver hair just like Emilia
>I don't get what you're saying
?

That's a different user, not me. I was just wondering why you posted a picture of dad and son wrestling in context with Rem.

Find this so called substance of Subaru and Emilia's relationship thats not memeflirting.

All you have is the lap pillow and him "saving" her.

During the witchbeast arc Subaru accidentally made Rem fall in love with him by hitting all her "weak" spots, by showing extreme determination, self sacrifice (nigga literally through himself to the wolves for her and also that time he volunteered to draw the beasts attention so they can escape), and especially his conversation he had with her when he woke up.

When he had given up and was about to abandon everything, her unconditional support steeled him (From:Zero, watching her die, her confessing to him in her last breaths, etc).

If there was no substance everything past episode 13 wouldn't make any sense on how he rebounded.

>Witch of Lust Scene
Checkmate.

This scene proved that Rem was the girl of his heart, the girl that his heart wanted to see more than anybody else.

If you also counted the mansion SOL chapter they also have been known to get a little too close to each other to where even Emilia complains about it. Plus an earnest effort to help deal with each other's problems.

Its illustration from the Light Novel so its factual evidence

don't try to pull the coincidence card you worthless piece of bait

>Isn’t that obvious
>isn’t the answer obvious?
It's like the author is telling us that it wouldn't make any sense if Subaru didn't love her.

You mean all those canon SubRem stories

SOL chapters are as canon as it gets, its just called SOL because there isn't anything horrible happening.

Subaru said himself for all she has done for him it, would be impossible to not be in love with her.

He said that to Emilia.

So Subaru likes Emilia. What do you want from me?

We should make a thread to discuss this rather than these threads discussing romantic relationships. Plus it looks like shitposter-kun is here .

It doesn't mean shit because even Subaru doesn't think Rem is his #1. Stop bringing up that scene already you fucking arrogant Remfags.

>even Subaru doesn't think Rem is his #1
except he does

The first 31 chapters of arc 4 is Tappei constantly trying to nail readers in the head that she is Subaru's number 1.

Holy fuck i always forget how RIPPED his dad is

the argument was about her playing into his fantasy girl fetish

there isn't any reason that he wouldn't like her because its not like she's a bad person but their relationship has no meat. Its like a sandwhich that's only two pieces of bread, you have the top and bottom but there is not enough substance in between to be called a real romantic relationship compared to the sandwich that is Subaru Rem.

>inb4 food analogy

Rem IF Subaru too

No he doesn't. He even attempts to suppress his feelings for Rem for Emilia's sake so it should tell you something about whether or not Subaru cares about Rem.

yep, that's why he visits her every night and talks to her for hours, cause he doesn't care