Rupan Sansei

been few days since I've been on. Missed a good Lupin thread last night. It's time to have a new one since it's his big year.

user you just made me realize that it's his 50th anniversary and we only got Goemon's movie.

I mean it was good, but i wanted to see something about Lupin, odd years are good for anime series usually

Now that i think about it, we are still away from agoust, i hope we'll get something

I have this feeling we aren't going to get anything else. I would like a season 2 for Blue Jacket, or perhaps a Monkey Punch-esque OVA. Something other than just the Goemon movie would make me happy.

He looks worse and worse as the years go by.

what you mean? He looks amazing in blue jacket and Goemon movie. He continues to get more handsome with each new iteration. Although I'll admit that particular image of blue jacket Lupin isn't the best representation.

So does your mom.

got any more pics like that one? I don't think I've seen that series of drawings.

Just this other one.

Please. Black jacket is the most handsome Lupin yet.

not exactly. Depends on what angle he's facing. Sometimes he has a gross chin and sometimes you can see a patch of hair on the back of his neck he should really consider cutting. I thought we've moved passed the days of slicked back hair Lupin so they could exclusively keep it short like in Part 4. Front view is always perfection though.

Y'all with your handsome Lupins.

Cute Lupin is where it's at.

das gay. Handsome Lupin is best Lupin

Nice man

>Gravestone of Daisuke Jigen is only 50 minutes long

I take it it's not really a movie and more of a "special"?

It's actually 2 OVA's which makes it about 50 minutes. The recent Goemon film is a theatrical film although it's only about 54 minutes.

I wish we had full translations of the manga. Or at the very least reissues of what we already got. Tracking down old copies is a pain in the ass.

how? you can find them online easily. They are even sometimes sold in sets so you don;t have to get each individual volume.

how different are the old voices compared to those today? I know Jigen's VA is the same for the entire series but everyone elses' VA changed at some point

Kurita sounds pretty similar to Yasuo as Lupin but he doesn't come close in terms of quality. Yasuo will always be the best Lupin.

The only major difference is Zenigata. The guy they got playing him now doesn't sound like Goro nor does he have any of mannerisms that Goro gave to the character that makes him so amazing. It just isn't the same and it seems most people feel the same way.

The chemistry Yasuo and Goro had as Lupin and Zenigata just could never be replicated and it was absolute magic to watch and you can tell the difference just by watching.

As for the changes to Fujiko and Goemon, it's honestly not a big deal and you probably wouldn't know the differences.

To be quite honest, i kind of switch back and forth between sub and dub for some of the stuff though. It's good to have some variety.

is this suppose to be a dick joke?

The pricing is just going to get worse the longer the series is out of print. Another print run would mitigate that. It'd also be nice if it were printed on nicer paper and included color pages, but I digress.

Also, if anybody wanted to read the rest of WMW or any other Lupin manga, they're fucked.

Is the Goemon movie out for download? If not, do we have a date?

Raws are already out.

... but no translation team? No one is picking it?

no. It will be released within a year I can guarantee that. Discotek will pick it and and add subs and a dub which is exactly what they did with Jigen's Gravestone. Expect a Blu Ray and a DVD, but it might take awhile.

he smiles

Wow the thread survived? Unbelievable.

There is stille the festival, maybe we'll get something there

why is that surprising? the last Lupin thread lasted over 24 hours
if the festival is in September, that only leaves only 2 and a half months before 2017 is over. Unless they plan on releasing something really soon after, I can't imagine we'll get anything aside from more merch and maybe a new Monkey Punch story.

The manga is still ongoing in japan so i don't think they'll announce something about it

Is there a certain order I should watch Lupin in? Can I just hop in to the blue jacket series? My only experience has been some episodes from when I was a child and the Fujiko Mine series which I enjoyed.

You can do whatever you want, there is no continuity

Green jacket wears navy blue slacks, not that grayish black color. Red jacket has a pink tie, not purple. He also wears black shoes in Red jacket, not brown. Amateurs.
read this picture. I suggest not hopping around unless you're watching the movies. If you're watching the shows, just start from the beginning. Green Jacket is the best series anyway.

Dude, why does jacket posting triggers you so much?

I was just stating a fact. If someone is actually going to take the time to put all of them together, they could of at least put the effort in using the correct colors.

No need to be so salty though

Part 4 had some good one-shot outfits, i love that Roman Holiday's Jigen