The Cree are complaining that they were included in a video game without being asked first

The Cree are complaining that they were included in a video game without being asked first.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/poundmaker-cree-nation-chief-civilization-video-game-1.4473089
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>complains that people aknowledge their existence without permission
>Wouldnt have known they existed with this

White person here, I am very upset that Teddy Roosevelt was included without my consent.

God Civ 6 sucked

doesn't matter, civ IV beyond the sword is the best of civ series.

Unit stacking is horrible.

I remember Shoshone replacing another Native American civ for this exact reason, what happened?

Because like all natives, they want a compensation to cover their crippling alcoholism.

Aboriginal people get offended when white people share knowledge on Australia's native animals and plants "because they didn't earn the knowledge the old fashioned way, and as foreigners they don't deserve to know anyway"

oh well, I guess we have science and they have museums.

I really hope the Aboriginal Australians get added to the game. I kind of want to see what bonuses and cities they would have.

they don't get fevers because they always run their body temp high. this means when people of other races have a fever, it only makes them LESS IMMUNE to aboriginal pathogens.

the more you know~

The do not meet the criteria of "civilization"

But in game I dunno, bonus for not building anything.

>bonus: A stick. You have a stick. That's it. It doesn't actually do anything.

Cities: Sleeping in the roadway.

They included England with out running it by me first too.

>Cree Nation headman Milton Tootoosis said that the game “perpetuates this myth that First Nations had similar values that the colonial culture has, and that is one of conquering other peoples and accessing their land. That is totally not in concert with our traditional ways and world view.”

>Tootoosis said he was disappointed that 2K Games had not approached any Cree representatives while developing their take on Poundmaker.

The guy just wants a better unique ability for his civ.

>gets a bonus for trolling people so hard they declare war on you

Wait you can play the King of Kings Cyrus the Great? Is CIV 6 at least decent because my interest is now peaked.

Wait for the expansion in February, it's going to fix some of hte problems with the game. It's good but the AI is terrible.

They get the shittiest symbol, though.

This, bts is essential if you 4 tho.
Five was terrible. Heard good things about six.

you mean best

Who? I'm happy were being included.

cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/poundmaker-cree-nation-chief-civilization-video-game-1.4473089

did this civ end up being any good after dlc and whatever?

>Most of the female characters did nothing of notice
>still able to replace national heroes and icons because they have boobs and a vagina

Vanilla 5 is terrible, 5 with expansions is good. 6 is awful.

I always liked V.
I haven't enjoyed VI at all. But mostly because of stupid shit, the bad menus, the bad interface and mouse scrolling, the stupid cut scenes you can't end in the middle.... bad design choices.

I use this quite frequently when talking with blacks or indians. Is Sid meyers a racist or a realist?

What angers me most, is that if a white Canadian was added, it would be "Pierre" or "Trudeau"... and they would get "culture" bonuses despite the pure irony.

John A. MacDonald plz.

This. What the fuck is a Cree? Judging from the pic a Cree is an Injun.

Being known benefits them how?

> Cleopatra isn't black
I can't wait to see all the Black Supremacists getting Triggered and Saying We wuz Kangs.

>Saladin
>Arabia
>A Kurd who had his capital in Egypt and fought most of his wars in Palestine and Syria

>bonus to petrol sniffing
>bonus to molestation rates
>-500 technology
>+400 to fat white liberal women wanting tax money to go towards their petrol sniffing

>tfw french leader is italian because muh women

Pic related.

>Black supremacists giving a shit about PC strategy games

Get a load of this faggot right here

You should sue them, that's deebly insulting to your sacred peepoos !

They don't include post-WWII leaders unless they were the leader during WWII (like Stalin). I have no idea what Canadian leaders existed pre-WWII.

Can black supremacists even use computers or play games that require an attention span?

There are some decent reaction faces in OP's pic.

inb4 leaf

>The Cree
The who?

My biggest problem is the horribly unbalanced scaling of science and culture so you can race ahead with nothing stopping you, but the worst is no unit cap. Having units on every single hex pisses me off to no end

I'm more concerned about the fact that a Kurd (Saladin) is leading the Arabic civ.

I mean, isn't that like a fucking slap to the face?

John A. Macdonald is a pre-ww2 leader, and quite possibly the only relevant one in all of Canadian history.

I like the artstyle. Poland is CUTE.

Catherine de Medici doesnt even make a lick of sense. Not only was she "in power" during a pretty awful time in France, but she was never even in any position of power. Even as the Queen, her husband openly gave most queen roles to his mistress...As a mother or queen regent she was barely if ever listened to by her kids. Her as the leader of France made no sense, but at least she was white.

Is he the one that was a drunk?

Yes. He was the first Prime Minister and is seen as Canada's founding father. He was also extremely nationalist and specifically hated everything/everyone that wasn't european, especially the chinese. He pretty much just rolled over everyone.

But like colleges and universities across the west becoming cucked, Canadian schools now want to axe him from history for being against diversity, yet even the government still acknowledges and celebrates him.

They did? Who did they replace?

Pueblo. They said not to use them because portraying their leader in a video game would trap his soul in the game.

Peak Civ was Civ 2.

Aw. I actually like the Pueblo, and Popé had a pretty interesting story. They're probably the most "civilization" worthy Pre-Columbian Peoples north of Meso-America. But getting your soul trapped in video games is apparently a thing with them. So I guess we won't be getting it.

>Montezuma
>Bonus to combat

I like the fact that the picture you posted, all the civ leaders have their pokerface on

Mexican master race.

^_^7

I only got back into VI the other day after months being put off by the glacial slowness of turn speed and district building. Also didn't help the first time I was held up with unprovoked perma-war against two civs while others advanced. I'm also not a huge fan of the policy card system even though it probably allows for a slightly richer experience

The Aztecs have always been an aggressive "military" civ that focuses on conquering the world. Recently, they've included some culture or, in this case, urban development bonus that's usually tied to combat in order to "diversify" their portfolio. It rarely works. In strategy games, it's best to be the best in one thing than be 2nd best in two or three things. Still, if you get a massive advantage in tech, like what the Spanish had, you'll wreck them with little effort, combat bonuses be damned.

>playing IT WAS HER TURN! the game.

You just know that they had a Hillary Clinton DLC lined up as an extra leader for the Americans. But our God-Emperor put a stop to that bit of Heresy!

Heh-heh. HEResy.

Its slow moving
the random 'civ hates you for not building enough boats in your landlocked capital' wars are annoying
the wonders require too much pre-planning for space requirements (which are probably rewarding for people who read literally the entire tech tree, but unapproachable for anyone who just plays the game)
policy tree again requires a lot of research before you play
barbarians are far from balanced; sometimes you don't deal with them and you can build infrastructure, other times there's 3 camps in range of your capital spawning 3 units every 5 turns each and you spend the first 30 turns building military units without so much as a single worker or settler, and then compete against civs that have 3 cities at that point.
Trade and road system is bretty good though

Didn't your current pm apologise for him to the chinks colonizing Vancouver?

How is Alexander's TOTALEN KRIEG not overpowered?

One thing I don't yet understand about the trade system is that it's not obvious to me from the interface which routes I have already implemented, and which ones I haven't. I should probably rtfm (if there is one).

Have they fixed the war weariness or whatever that bullshit was called?
I remeber it lasted for like 30+ turn after making peace

Same argument could be made for the Holy Roman Empire

>callingbull

>+400 to fat white liberal women wanting tax money to go towards their petrol sniffing

the truth is painful like a knife.

yeah you kindof need to look at the map

I think it ends like the turn after or something. Its still bullshit, but not as bullshit

Fuckers are attention whores. They're happy to be in the game, they're just complaining for even more attention. Note the sign in pic related. They're not from British Columbia but need to attention whore there too because they're jealous of the attention other native groups get. Hope Gandhi nukes the fuck out of them.

They obviously dont want the jews to know about them.

Mark of the Kree was a pretty good game, desu.

So...let me guess...they get a huge tech advantage. Once they have researched animal husbandry & pottery they get whatever tech white civilizations have discovered.

my only question is why did they make all leaders look like something you'd see in pixar cartoon

Women Developers. I'm not even joking. For some reason, every time women get put in charge of game development, they add cutesy, overstylized shit that looks like it crept out of Tumblr. It's a bit of a problem right now.

The whole game is so different than V. V had some real serious tones to it. VI feels like they wanted to be ironic so people wouldn't criticize their work.

I mean why the fuck do I get a quote from George Carlin when I finish researching archery?

AARreRRgrrr KUZ

Am I the only one amused by all the useless historical figures representing nations to make up a race and gender quota?

Also, I can see why Elizabeth is the leader of the English, but she essentially continued the prosperity of Henry, who incorporated Wales into England, conquered Ireland, built up the English navy, created the Church of Englandand made the nation protestant.

Cree?

I'd actually like being trapped in a game as long as people kept playing it.

This...though i'm playing 6 now. The nukes are fun.

I really enjoy pummeling Nubia whenever I see that fat black lady

good fun

I live in a state with a lot of Indians (natives). They'll bitch about anything.