Sigmund Freud: The Anime

>Sigmund Freud: The Anime

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20025568
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that /fit/ has taste.

Sabina Spielrein: The Movie

Who would've thought that the closet board would go for the manfaced cunt?

They are all garbage, why do you faggots keep going through this. They would only hurt you and cause you pain.

Look at Shinji, he's really nice to Asuka and she's a cunt to him and claims he always hurts her. You stay away from bitches like that.

Not quite because Shinji can't fuck his mom

why are his earbud cords red? What is this, an Ipod commercial?

I guess its to smbolize him ignoring Asuka, considering its red. """"symbolism"""""

>Misato not first

I thought you said they had taste.

Rei didnt do anything like that tho, fuck you

Not enough penises.

I guess, but it pains me everyone someone says Asuka is best girl. Its pretty funny too, one minute they'll say that but then once you bring up her relationship with Shinji "fuck off shipper, they are abusive to one another!"

Its an oxymoron. Do they only like her because she's a cute red head? There is plenty of that in anime.

Asuka is nice to Shinji a good amount of the time even complementing his instrument skills and repays him for saving her

In her inability to express emotions separated her from Shinji (the kiss and wall of Jericho) drives her away.

She also clearly has troubles trying to relate to anyone seeing as she wasn't excited when Shinji returned after being gone for a month, and questioning why Misato wasn't punishing Shinji like she said when she was crying over finding him in his plug. This also ties into her NEED to be wanted and couldn't understand how people don't need to be useful to be liked. I think I saw an user going into detail what it was but it's been awhile

Freud,was,a,fraud

Well I typed it Asuka Mental disorder and it was on Eva Geeks I guess

It scary though how much she matches Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Causes include mismatched parenting with excessive criticism, aka not acknowledging Asuke and only talking to a doll

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20025568

>Look at Shinji, he's really nice to Asuka and she's a cunt to him and claims he always hurts her.

It's not a question of being nice. She tries to get closer to him in ways that hurt him and he responds in ways that hurt her. It's the hedgehog's dilemma.

She slapped him the first time she saw him, always demeans and bullies him. She demands he cooks for her despite he doesn't get anything in return.

Shinji is so nice to her, and I'm not surprised he broke at the end. Asuka doesn't do anything for anyone Asuka is a horrible, horrible human being.

>She slapped him the first time she saw him

Really? This is proof to you? She slaps him, Toji, and Kensuke because they saw up her dress when wind blew it up. You are a troll and continually post this shit in every Eva thread.

Asuka's bitchiness her personal AT field

Same with Shinji's quietness blocking everything else out with his headset as seen by blocking out anything he dislikes. He only comes to his conclusion in EoE when "Rei" gets rid of all AT fields

If for some reason your talking about Rebuilds though she is a straight up bitch

Well that one femanon kawoshin poster has said Asuka doesn't have feeling for Shinji, because of what the seiyuu said, so Asuka was just using Shinji's one sided attracted to her, as a way to take her mind off losing Kaji-sempai. If that femanon says it, it must be true.

Not very related but I want to rant

I honestly can't trust anything there or what Anno says he always is quoted for religious symbolism just for being cool shit, but Asuka's wall of Jericho is specifically a Biblical Wall that is brought down by sound. Anno literally use religious symbolism to convey his point with an unknown as fuck bible passage when there's other walls out there too choose, specifically how Asuka stresses how it's so tough when this is a wall infamous for being easily brought down

Op never said the opposite.

>you are a troll
>stop saying mean things about Asuka chan

At least I'm stating facts, you seem to care even less when that one user is always spamming quotes from Miyamura.

>but Asuka's wall of Jericho is specifically a Biblical Wall that is brought down by sound

That scene plays around with sound as well with Shinji turning his music off when Asuka exits her room, then accidentally rewinding it when she lays down next to him. The rewinding continues until they're about to kiss then he stops once the music goes off again.

Rei didnt do anything

Different scene but still a great moment. You can see Asuka has feeling but she's just shit at expressing them

just like every other character in this series

I really like asuka design and most of her personality, even when she is tsun. But she goes way past being tsun, and thats when things get dangerous and i start disliking her.

However say she is the most mentally fucked up of the whole bunch.

In the zebra angel episode, she sees shinji, the guy who saved her several times, screaming in terror being eaten alive by the angel. As far as she, misato and everyone else knew, he could very well be dead already, crushed or desintegrated.

What she does a little after? She is fucking gloating about "well, the numbah wan wasnt so good, was he", as she was happy there was less "competition" as a eva pilot.

This isnt being tsun or hot headed. This is outright sociopathy. If the evangelion world kept going as it was that day, in 5 years asuka would be planning (and executing) the murder of people that she finds threatening.

I say she is the most mentally fucked up of the whole bunch.*

Dunno how i messed this sentence that much.

Can she even be classified as Tsun? She literally throws herself at Kaiji

She also probably suffers the most in the series with only Shinji rivaling her

>I honestly can't trust anything there or what Anno says

Same. The "authoritative sources" are untrustworthy in the case of Eva so it's better to just interpret the show on its own terms I think.

There is video proof about Anno saying Eva is like a puzzle and that you got to figure it out yourself

See

I like to think Asuka was being cruel in that episode to hold back guilt of being the cause of Shinji's perceived death. Maybe she wanted to make it seem like it wasn't her fault, but I don't know. I think I'm being generous to Asuka in this case.

I don't think people would've cared about this show without EoE. desu, the characters aren't particularly deep, and the only interesting thing this show does is speak to its audience.

user at the time there was nothing like this

It was a top rated show even during the Kaworu episode to the point of the TV station not watching the demo tape, that's how they let the child like character die "on screen"

Well, i personally think this cross some lines from "hold back guilt" to "incapable to feel empathy" but who knows.

The only time i remember asuka felling bad for someone else rather than herself was kaji death.

I didn't realize i liked Eva until i finished watching EoE.

Went back to some of the episodes and started enjoying them more than before. The movie is really the glue holding the series, imo. Without it, i don't think i would've liked it as much.

I'm pretty sure that was her way of coping with the insane gravity of the situation. Asuka is not very good at processing or expressing emotions, so she had no idea how to handle her feelings during such a chaotic and terrifying situation that was partially her fault. She's not really a sociopath, she's a more like a traumatized narcissist who is not adequately in touch with her own emotions. It's clear she was concerned for Shinji's well-being, especially at the end of the episode where she checks on Shinji in the hospital to make sure he's okay.

Asuka is potentially fixable though. There's nothing really horrible about Rei, she's just boring as fuck and could be annoying to deal with. Misato is too old to heal. Who the fuck cares about mari

This is very self-absorbed, but I watch the series, thought it was OK, and then watched EoE and I'm like, oh this story was about part of me. That's a pretty special connection, and I'm confident I'm not the only one that felt that. Is it wrong to say, if you don't make that connection, you probably won't like Eva?

While I disagree with your statement that the characters aren't deep, I have to agree that I think the series would be significantly weaker without the existence of EoE. This is coming from someone who absolutely loves the final two episodes, by the way.

But EoE is a seriously incredible film and a work of art, and the way it incorporates postmodernism and destroys the barrier between reality and fiction to further it's message about using fiction to escape reality is brilliant. It's direction, editing, cinematography, atmosphere...everything about it is masterful filmmaking.

Well Asuka went to visit him in the hospital, she was listening behind the door of his room of Shinji's and Rei's conversation. That's what makes me think.

Yeah, though I'm probably just looking too much into it.

I just hope in Asuka's case she doesn't get into any romantic relationships. She will hurt someone.

Yeah this gives some insight into her character because this isn't "normal" behavior, not even slightly grieving or understanding why other people are grieving

This is after Shinji gets out of the Darkness Sea or whatever

>Misato : (weeps)
>Asuka : Didn't you say you would scold him ?
>Misato : (weeps)

>I just hope in Asuka's case she doesn't get into any romantic relationships. She will hurt someone.
I mean, that's basically the entire point of her masochistic relationship with Shinji. The both of them are so emotionally and mentally broken and unstable that their twisted mutually toxic relationship forms one of the most painful foundations of the show. Asuka is a broken deeply mentally ill person who is in desperate need of serious therapy. But, then again, so are all the other characters, for different (but also similar) reasons.

I wouldn't call it self-absorbed. If it connected with you and you got something out of it, mission accomplished, right?

We see more of the psychological shit in EoE. I think i like it so much because it felt like the series had been building up to that point, and it was really satisfying to see.

Im watching eva for the first time. Im at chapter 24.

Heard 25 and 26 were made with low budget and that they didnt finish the story as originally wanted, and EoE was the real ending.

Is it true? Should i watch both?

25 and 26 are great in their own right so you should still watch them yes

Anno claims they are two alternate endings and that 25 and 26 were planned to be as they are, but he is a liar so who knows. It is possible to interpret them as different facets of the same ending. Make sure to watch both the show ending and EoE regardless.

Why was first Rei such a fucking asshole? With Ritsuko mom, with the other Reis, with anyone in Eva 00.

Asuka is actually nicer in Rebuild, save for 3.33 of course.

Well, i just finished 25-26. I did know some EoE spoilers that make understanding much easier. The ending was surprisingly upbeat and comforting when you understand it. I though Evangelion was supposed to have a sad ending?

Its gonna be EoE the sad one, right? I dont even feel like watching it them...

I just discovered that this series and EoE has English audio commentary. This shit's really good. Definitely going through the entire thing this weekend.

I don't know if I'd call it sad. Regardless, EoE is fucking great.

Basically Shinji

But could shinji handle all 3 at the same time?

>no option for kawaru.

Shinji has avoidant personality disorder. As someone who actually has it, it unnerved me because of how much I saw myself in him.

You could make the argument Rei has schizoid personality disorder too.

Literally this entire show is around breaking through our barriers. Shinji and Asuka's entire dynamic is about the antagonistic dance they have while trying to figure the other one out.

For once I can agree with this meme.

Rei is her very special case though. A alien soul trying to understand humans is bound to show difficulties. I find it ironical that the soul of adam, who was antagonic to humans and much further from humanity than lilith understood humanity much better than rei.

Why did an angel had such change of heart?

Eva characters are annoying little shits and I can't do a rewatch beyond episode 17 or so because that's where it doubles on the annoying shit.

Like if you put your average hysterical 3DPD inside of an anime.

That said, a simple rewatch made me realize Shinji actually dealt pretty good with whatever situation was thrown at him and he wasn't that big of a wimp that everyone seem to think.

But Asuka is beyond any help and should be shot.

What's all the Freudian concepts in this anime?
I know Kaworu is Shinji's Ego Ideal, there's the Oedipus and Electra complex, but what else.

I dont know. Freud has some memes associated with him about motherly issues and sexuality, 2 common themes of the series. Not that those themes are exclusive to freud.

Oral stage is discussed on a radio show in the background in episode 20.

I think the comparison is from them constantly stating the Freud theory of Hedgehog's delema

>overratedest shit: the anme
ftfy

Mari is a hottie.

Too bad she's only there to job

>Carl Jung: The Anime
ftfy

>>Carl Jung: The Anime
I came here to post this.