/catholic general/ - Glory of God edition

How was your day? Did you prayed:

- The Holy Rosary?
- St. Michael's Prayers?
- The Rosary of Mercy?
- The Rosary of Providence?

What are you waiting for? We as True son's of God must carry on with the Church of is Son Ou King, Jesus Christ of Nazaré, against the Son's of the Devil. this thread is going to be rilled by (((them))) so ignore them, they have the nerve of insulting the Church of their King, Son of God of the Universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

rosary-center.org/howto.htm#loaded
youtube.com/watch?v=2rnJ-9Oosv0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for God

mucho bueno

No cause Im not a retarded fucking bobblehead

Go find somehwere in the Bible where God actually tells us to pray. The only time prayer is even mentioned is when retards wont shut up about it to Jesus and he says "Fine, if you need to pray this is how you should do it"

God isn't listening to you recite your stupid mantras and if he was he would tell you to SHUT THE FUCK UP

me cague, ale ya he bendecido el post.

marrano detected

Can someone tell me what the logics are behind catholisism and protestantism. I have heard several debates between the two, but nobody actually ever come to any sort of consensus. It always becomes "we're just following what scripture says and these other guys don't listen to the word of God". I want some better understanding of this discussion so I can choose the path that sounds right for me

It's pretty simple. Protestants were the birth place of liberalism, and their revolt were funded by wealthy mercants. They played their job in attempting to destroy the Church, then the jew had no use to them, so they become a dead cult pretty quickly.

Even the Pope made a stamp comemorating the 500th year of their faliure.

Started praying again every night (for the first time since I was 5 desu), but I still can't come to accept anything but agnostic deism. I have a deep respect for the teachings of Christ and think the world would be a wonderful place if more people tried to mirror these virtues, but I struggle to accept him as a divine being.

What arguments swayed you towards Christianity, or Catholicism, in particular?

Faith it's not about arguments, it's about testimony, Brother. Christ is Our King, we have the testimony of the Apostoles, and other testimonies of more recent figures, like Santa Lucia of Fátima and the 70 000 people that assisted the Miracle of the Sun.

But if you want some arguments, Being Christian is not just only praying to God, it's also put in practice the jobs of creating a greater brotherhood in your hometown and/or in yoir community.

Be part of the choir, read in the Mass, Helping the poor in Catholic Institutions and win the respect of the older members of the community. The Church brings the People together, and gives you a chance of when you die, you'll live forever with your friend in Heaven.

Once you accept the Truth you will never feel alone. Because you can say the Jesus is with you and you are with Him

I pray in my own words, feels like this is the best way to convey my thoughts to God.
If you like you're more concentrated, when using a set prayer, then go for it.
Also remember that when invoking a saint, you're really just asking said saint to pray to God on your behalf. Remember that God is the cause of all things, nothing can happen without His consent and any greater wisdom that a saint has, was given to him by God.
Always put God first.
God bless you!

See, this is my problem. A Muslim could make the same argument, and it would be just as valid. I recognise the value of religion for sure and think Christianity and Buddhism have particularly well developed ethical frameworks, but I still don't know how to decide between different religions (if any).

Well it's up to you to decide which path you want to take.

God Bless you

5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.
9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Luke 11
Weak bait, made me reply

But you can see what muslims are doing to your country, plus, and jews too

That isn't a problem at all. It just means you aren't crazy. Try different forms of worship and decide which is the most comfortable and rewarding for you. Being grateful to God (whatever name you choose to use) and living in brotherhood with your neighbor is what counts. How you choose to worship is just a personal decision based on preference. The only right answer is the one that feels the most genuine.

They're two main arguments to be made.
>On source of faith (Sola Scriptura vs Scripture and Magisterium)
Protestantism
We need to constantly double-check our dogmas with scripture, that is sole source of divine revelation, for we're fallible humans.
Catholicism
Faith doesn't need to be double-checked, it's perfect and unchanging. Dogmas of faith are contained within Church Magisterium as well as Scripture. In fact we need to include Magisterium, for while Bible was written infallibly, it's translations were not inspired and therefore fallible. Humans are fallible, but Church of Christ isn't. That's its purpose.
>On salvation (Sola Fide vs Sin that damns)
Protestantism
Faith alone saves man and works cannot lead to either salvation nor damnation.
Catholicism
Works alone are unsaving, but so is faith without the works. Mortal sin damns person to Hell and must be confessed and repented.

ERROR: "prayer" not found.

The Thread was pretty comfy until El Ogros de las Americas arrived. Do not Reply plz

t.literal moor

11. One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”
2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:
'‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation."
Verses immediately before it.

Too late, sorry.

Don't reply anymore

True, although Christians are often not much better. Tony Blair, the globalist who did immeasurable damage to the UK and other nations, is a Catholic, for example.

I hope this is right. At the moment I've just decided to try to live in a humble and virtuous manner, and put any of the more metaphysical questions to the back of my mind. I still attend Catholic masses with my family from time to time, but it's a bit of a shame that I miss out on the feeling of community which I imagine comes from true faith.

Maybe you should have posted these verses before it. You know, since they actually mention prayer.

Well brit catholics are not very good examples. Plus, he is a late converter. He was not always catholic Brits are probabily Heretics, tho. see Fr. James Martin

Catholic =/= (((Catholic)))
I bet that faggot accepts fags and other anti Catholic shit. Therefore he is not a Catholic.
Its better that he says that he's Catholic and Muslim for example since the Catholic Church is still the only church (except ortho bros) that defends the traditional values of society, that's why the globalists have been trying to weaken it for ages.
The pope is so powerful that one word is enough to change global politics something that doesn't please our big nossed friends.

*than muslim
Fixed

This

We have had some very good Catholics in the past desu, especially lay theologians. GK Chesterton and JRR Tolkien come to mind in particular.

To be fair I think his identification as Catholic is 'genuine' in that he probably has a genuine belief in God and Catholic doctrine. It certainly didn't help his popularity to come out as Catholic, most people prefer Church of England here because it's completely effeminate and liberal friendly. I think Blair is just a bad and very misguided Catholic.

Chesterson got fat and died from cardiac diseases. Gula is a deadly sin. very rarely English people make good catholics, unfortunally. they tried a God part in destroying the Holy Church

>Tony Blair, the globalist who did immeasurable damage to the UK and other nations, is a Catholic, for example.
Not everyone who calls "Lord, o Lord!" will enter Heaven and not everyone who proclaims himself to be Catholic follows Catholic dogma.
>feeling of community which I imagine comes from true faith
It's more than that. And faith is bestowed to you by God's grace, if you will search with an open mind, you will be granted it. Do not scorn yourself for "missing" faith, all of us stumbled in the dark once. And we didn't come to it by ourselves, but by grace of God it was given to us.
Since you seem to be a person of good will, I'm sure you will be granted it as well.

Tbh most of them are Catholics just for special snowflake points.
A sad reflection of our society is that some people consider themselves Catholic just because they like jesus while violating most laws of the church.
Tolkien was a pure traditional Catholic. Based as fuck.

>I think Blair is just a bad and very misguided Catholic.
Probably true.

Non-denom here.
You guys are alright. I don't doubt your genuine faith in Christ.
Have a blessed day brothers.

Blessed day for you friend as well.
I will pray for you.

Ecumenic?

Going to pray in a moment, any intentions?

For this fucked up world and for the people who are trying to find their true vocation.

For the Pope and the Holy Church

Is this a Roman Catholic general? If so please specify in the next to follow.

Pray for those that seek faith, so they may be granted it.
Pray for those in the Church, for them to not be led astray.
Pray for those sinning, for them to see their sins.

Is there much difference between Roman Catholic and Greco Catholic, outside of liturgy?

Its is assumed that Catholic means roman Catholic.
But brothers from the Catholic orthodox Church and other Churchs with true apostolic succession are welcome too I guess as long as everyone acts politely.

There is Only One Church

Tfw want a nice girl in my life but i always seem to screw it all up or not have any courage when it counts. I’ve been praying about it forever but maybe i don’t really deserve it. Plus i guess God can only get me so far in that stuff.

I'm Orthodox, do you consider me a heretic?

There was until the Pope decided there should be no more.

>God can only get me so far
God can get you as far as He wants, and while it's possible He doesn't have a qt planned for you, He has a plan for everyone.
Try to be a better person, day after day. And not only morally, but mentally and physically. God is perfect, so when you reach for excellence, you reach for divine.

Alright noted, God bless you guys.
Good night!

What are your reasons for rejecting papal authority?

>praying to mary for ANYTHING given that she is just a sinner like all of us and the saints
why do you papists (est. 1054) even continue with this scripturally-refuted bullshit?

>Did you prayed:
>- The Holy Rosary?
No
>- St. Michael's Prayers?
No
>- The Rosary of Mercy?
No
>- The Rosary of Providence?
No

But I did not fap, so it's something.

Good night brother
The Church Still Stands in Rome, unlike constatinople

You can start today, my mediterranean friend. You are Blessed with Rome

might be something to do with the organised mass rape of young prepubescent boys. catholic church is a power-drunk power-hungry excessive-money-grabbing institution which Christ would be ashamed to see exist in his name.

Say, theoretically, at the height of my degenerate years, I let a dog lick my dick once. Is that a sin worthy of confession?

come at me bro, and don't give me wordplay like '''intercession''' and the likes. God alone has the power to forgive, and Christ is your mediator.

I wouldn't go that far, specially looking at other "Christians".
We are in disagreement about some things though, but all of your sacraments are true.
I just hope for a new council of Florence where we can settle down our differences.

yes

I pray every day before going to sleep, about 10 minutes or so. How many time needs a Rosary? Never did it before.

How do I know that the Catholics are right? There are a million different denominations, so how do I know that out of all of thrm, this is the correct one?

Because during the Middle Ages he did quite a lot of shady stuff in the name of the Christ and the Church, fueled by his lust for political power over Europe. He even excommunicated the Patriarch of New Rome for calling him to settle theological differences. 4/5 original Patriarchies decided that it's best to excommunicate the 5th in order to vanguard our faith.

She was born without sin.
Even Muslims are smart enough to recognise that retard.
Do you think the mother of the Lord would be a common woman?

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. Luke 1
How could one be in favor with God, while having their sins hold against them (i.e. not absolved)?
And if God doesn't hold sins against a person, who are you to call that person "sinner"?
Prots make no sense.

Read History my friend.
Only Catholics and orthodoxs come from christ and the apostles.
I'm Catholic because the Orthodox Church is wrong about somethings but both have direct apostolic succession.

>The Church Still Stands in Rome, unlike constatinople

???

Catholic church makes a difference between Orthodox (schismatics) and Protestants (heretics).

15 min max.
here, its in english rosary-center.org/howto.htm#loaded

What sacrifices are you willing to make in order to find some common ground?

You pray Ave Maria and Pater Noster changinf for each perl on the rosary.
At least that's how it is here.

>oh Lord, please save this man
no, pal, she wasn't. and yes, Jesus took on all the trials and temptations the world had to throw at him - he was debased, disgraced in the eyes of others, shunned by his own authorities, assaulted and then murdered. but nooo, how could he be born to a common woman, he was too good for that on this earth. nowhere in anywhere in scripture does it say that Mary was born and lived without sin

I guess it was a poor choice of words.
He meant I guess that the Catholic Church is still in Rome while the Orthodox one is in or was in Constantinople.

Stop shitting around. The Greek Orthodox Church and all Orthodox and Eastern Churches are 100% leggit and bros.
Come and enjoy our rich faith eith some awesome Byzantine chants:
youtube.com/watch?v=2rnJ-9Oosv0

That's not for me to answer since I'm not smart enough to do that.
The Church both of them need to talk more with each other.
As far as I know an agreement was reached in the council of Florence, but the people and the bishops didn't agree with the patriarchs or something.

It's very similar to what I was doing by pure instinct. Thank you.

None of your catholic mumbo jumbo is even listed in the bible
- no pope
- no rosary
- no saint worship
- no catholic even

Accept Christ as your Savior. Gain faith, lose pagan religion

See He never lost his divinity.
If Mary was blessed by God that means she had no sin. Not even the original one.
Thats why for you to go to heaven you have to remove the Original Is through baptism and then confess your other sins that you might commit.
A woman that had God Himself in her womb could not be touched by Satan.

> no pope
Peter recieved the authority from Jesus Matthew 16
> no rosary
That's a tool for prayer and a custom
>no saint worship
The worship of heroes is as old as humanity and people tend to give those who achieved much high honours.
>no catholic even
Catholic means Universal and Christ founded his universal Church see first answer.

Yes because of Mark of Ephesus "The Latins are not only schismatics but heretics... we did not separate from them for any other reason other than the fact that they are heretics. This is precisely why we must not unite with them unless they dismiss the addition from the Creed filioque and confess the Creed as we do."

It's not worship of saints, it's veneration of saints and prayer joined by saints.

On matters not covered under infallible dogma, for the Church could erred in them.
By sacrificing dogmas in which Church specifically couldn't err, we would be contradicting ourselves - sign of heresy.

I believe that's crypto arianism.
If the Son is consubstancial with the Father (see John) then the Spirit proceeds from both.
Tbh its a problem of language mostly. Since theres no proper translation from Greek to Latin.
The word proceed doesn't have a proper equal word in Greek.
That's why in the Catholic creed, it is advisable not to say the Filioque because of our retarded languages.

>veneration
Correct. Sry, I am weak on church terms.

By that logic all the prophets, rulers and even Abraham were sinless

*in the Catholic creed in greek
Fixed.

>That's a tool for prayer and a custom
Not too mention, entirely non-obligatory to salvation.
Only baptism, Eucharist (where valid Mass is present) and confession/repentance of sins are necessary for salvation.

Abraham was a sinner that converted to the Lord.
He didn't conceive the Lord.
Serving the Lord is different from being his mother.

That's ok.

No, even David was a sinner.

Well it's getting late.
I wish you all a Good night and that the Lord be with you all.

>nestorianism intensifies
the word, the truth, the way and the life existed since the beginning of time. you can't be the true mother of something so great and vast which has existed for eternity.

when you pray, do not be repeating the same things over and over, as the heathen do, for they think they will get a hearing for the use of many words

Would you pour a fine wine into a tainted cup?