What products should the Government subsidize instead of giving people free money?

What products should the Government subsidize instead of giving people free money?

What's the cheapest food in the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

gibsmedat.gov
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most of the folks reading this are going to be to young to remember Government Cheese and generic products. The US used to directly subsidize farmers and market product directly through grocery stores.
>t. Gen Xer who ate more than my fair share of generic brownie mix raw

>pic related
A glass of milk, potatoes, and a multivitamin can keep you going. Probably not forever, but it's cheap.

Which manufacturer's lobbyists and trade associations do you want the government sold out to?

I have all of those but Kefir instead of poisonous milk and other cheap vegetables to minimize the cost of artificial pills.

We literally have too much corn. Most of it isn't grown for food though.

Big Onion of course.

Government cheese is best grilled cheese cheese

That's actually a brilliant idea.

I believe that was under president Reagan

When I was scraping by I would buy a multivite that they used for livestock. Sprinkle it on feed or whatever. I'd mix it up with milk and chocolate syrup for breakfast like a hobo Ensure.

I survived on ramen, milk, instant coffee, potatos, instant rice, tuna, and canned veggies for near 2 years.

>What products should the Government subsidize instead of giving people free money?
None
>What's the cheapest food in the US?
Bulk foods (beans, other dried stuff)
Large produce (Corn (inb4 some califag says corn is expensive because he doesn't live in the superior Midwest) potatoes, onions)
Bread, eggs
Soft drinks (unfortunately)
Biggest reason why Am*ricans are fat is because soft drinks are dirt cheap and most people have no idea how to cook anymore so they buy pre made frozen meals or order out/ fast food

Give out mealworm starter pack to everyone and let them feed corn to their personal meat farm.

why did they stop this?

was it a free market sort of thing?
i can understand companies being mad if the government is undercutting their shit but it sure beats food stamps

Well, who said the man was a moron?

Liberals

Governments should subsidise more veggies and fruits, they should subsidise less meat and dairy produce

Government should subsidize all healthy foods.
Limit EBT (Food stamp) purchases to healthy foods.
Farmers shouldn't have to destroy crops just to keep up their prices.

What's wrong with dairy products?

here's how you actually solve the real problem.
gibsmedat.gov
Let that kick around your hollow little head for a bit. You can get free food. You can get it delivered to you. However, it arrives in a big orange bag that declares it's recipient as a worthless layabout. You do not get to pick what food arrives. It's what one might call a 'negative brand'

welcome back potatopole.

blergh wtf i take that back

Looks like Huma saved maggots from some used up adrenocorpse.

Hey aren't healthy and shouldn't be subsidised

Canada are mentally broken? Maybe somewhere between war era and morbid obese era. You must be a genius to subsidize food in a country that literally dies of diabetes.

Kefir is healthy as fuck. Shut your whore mouth.

>2 years.
Long fucking streak man, I hope that it was a long time ago.

its not like they dont subsidize food now, its better to have cheap food that someone can make money on than have food stamps that rape the taxpayers pocket