Decentralized Surveillance

Idea:
Public network of cameras and drones streaming video publicly for anyone to watch.

This could tie to a public network of processing nodes which would do face recognition and tracking of people.

Motivation:
State surveillance cannot be stopped. Our only option is to free the technology, and allow the public to track those in power the same way they track us.

...ofcourse this would also allow any murderous sociopath to wield the power of mass surveillance, but IMHO it's the price we must pay in the fight against totalitarian states.

PS: to incentivize the building of the physical infrastructure of this network, some kind of reward system should be applied, blockchain based maybe?

Discuss.

Bump.

Information wants to be free, amirite?

I like this idea. If we hash certain frames at certain locations, then we can log on the blockchain or hashgraph equivalent. This way anyone can know if the video has been fucked with.

Everyone will be able to spy on the spies' spies. Nice.

I was thinking of processing nodes flagging different sensory nodes (cameras) as untrustworthy if they showed a certain person to appear in more than one place at a time.

Bump.

This could also replace some aspects of social media, if people camwhored themselves and got paid by the system to share their personal lives.

Well, the software would need to know when two or more cameras are tracking the same object, or even have the same object in frame. This would provide trust by consensus.

For two cameras showing the same person at two different locations, we would need to ensure that facial recognition or other forms of recognition are not at fault, and then set some sort of score for reliability/integrity.

Bigger picture: let's say this becomes a popular app or whatever, there's nothing stopping TPTB from using it themselves. I don't think this is a problem. In fact, so long as the system has high integrity, then a consensus view of reality can be maintained (as long as there's a camera filming it).

This would help to create a reference reality for future uses of augmented reality; the advantage being that you can check the veracity if augmented reality against the 'standard' reality of this software.

I was thinking that.

Let's say we can augment streaming with the software so that as a user streams outside, they are rewarded for adding their stream to the system; the same way bitcoin miners are rewarded for mining blocks.

Like steemit for streams.

Soon people would be walkind down the street with bodycams on their chest, earning surveillance credit.

Another advantage is covering newsworthy events such as terror, providing the necessary veracity to protect against false flags and video manipulation.

And dash cams in cars would earn credit for providing lisence plate recognition data of oncoming cars.

Nice. This is fucking genius.

I'm a designer, not a software engineer. How do get this going? Start a telegram group?

Yeah.

There could be crowdsourced reward beacons people could place on a map, if they wanted a viewport on some specific time/place.

Yea, we need a manifesto and marketing for this idea to attract developers. A think tank to perfect the idea so that we can sell it to the public.

It would have to be done over the entire world for it to work, otherwise enemies of the state it was used in would use it to their advantage. Everyone across the entire world would have to agree to it, and even still would there be areas that wouldn't be under surveillance at all times.

The numbers are on your side! Do you have a name for your baby?

Easily tradeable crypto currency attached to the system would incentivize the global community to jump in.

No name yet. "Decentralized Surveillance" is all i got. Ideas?

Why? It can be rolled out locally at first, in a test city. The more users use it, the more accurate the system becomes. It's certainly usable with say, only a hundred cameras.

This whole idea is an enemy of all states.

>Deveil

you'd need rfid/gps in everyone as well this way
the heatseeking micromissiles hit target

>Deveillance

I just registered deveillance.com. I can set up a drupal site that allows users to register and add ideas with a view to forming a white paper. What do you think?

This kind of name works to promote the idea of decentralized surveillance part, but maybe the people who don't care for politics would be attracted to a name that was more focused on the social media side of the system?

I'd like for you to explain to me how it's not a bad thing how for example Russia can see what USA is doing but not the other way around. Even if it was beneficial, Russia might just enjoy their privacy and choose not to put that system into motion, but that's not stopping Russia from looking at what USA is doing and using that to their advantage (somehow.)

I dunno, it just sounds there's alot of things that could go wrong with it.

Of course. We can just use devaillance.com as a project name for development of ideas, including what the user-facing product should be called.

If you need a name for it though, then how about Birds Eye View?

Ha! Nice agile action :D

I'm all in for a platform for furthering this discussion, so *hat tip* to you for anything you can do!

It's not a bad name for the initiatial phase of planning, but really i feel the final product should have a less ominous/threatening name (assuming people associate surveillance with threat).

I'm not sure how far OP has explored the idea but I think it would be useful to get more input from all interested parties. Of course there may be problems with the idea, its implementation etc but I'm sure they can be surmounted.

Agreed. The user-facing name has to be 'appy', memorable, distinctive and evocative. The emphasis should be, as you say, on the usefulness to the end user.

The All Seeing Eye? Omniscience?

All Seeing You!

> Snow Crash
Ive been saying for a couple years now we are well on our way. You guys should read this if you havent already. Much of what is discussed on this board in way of tech is fully fleshed out in this book.

> deepstate astroturfing a grassroots sigint endeavor

/Thread

Read Snow Crash. You are only half right.

>All Seeing (You)

My brain is overloading a bit and I'm starting to think more in memes than anything constructive...

I will definitely keep hitting F5 on deveillance.com, and check up on whatever you put on there (be it fancy Drupal stuffs or simply the title of a Telegram group).

Personally I will be reposting this topic on Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums in the coming days and if you get anything on deveillance.com, directing people there.

Here's what I propose for now:

>Set up a basic site on deveillance.com
>Ready by 15th Jan
>will have email: [email protected]

OP, if you email this address on the 15th or later, how can I confirm it's you?

Well on our way towards what? Spoil us who are too lazy to read spoilers.

OP, can you set up a throwaway email address and post it in this thread before it closes? That way, I can send you an email from deveillance.com giving you access to the site.

I'll tell you the passphrase to my tripcode.

On a more idealistic note, it shouldn't matter if it's me or some other user who wants to further the cause.

[email protected]

Sure, it's your idea. Obviously, you can choose your level of involvement but I thought it would be good to give you access so you can inout your core ideas.

Please send the tripcode pass after the 15th, when email is set up on deveillance.com.

I had this idea for ages but have no way to articulate it because of my autism and what not
I agree with you

Ok, just saw this. I'll send you an email from [email protected] on the 15th snd we'll go from there.

Get involved after the 15th when deveillance.com will be up and you'll be able to add your input.

I'll look forward to it!

In the mean time, I'll keep reposting this topic in various places and if you don't mind I'll also include the possibility of deveillance.com getting booted up on the 15th so interested peeps will have something more solid to look forwards to.

I've been suggesting this to friends for years. People love to play armchair general/policeman, just look at all those Europeans listening to the Chicago radio stream! I bet that there would be a sizable group of people who would watch 4-8 screens at once for fun just to get some props or shoutouts. Hell...j&nitors do it for fr33.

Excellent, the more the merrier. Something will be up by the 15th and email will be working so please promote as you wish.

I'm very happy that you proposed this idea. It may well be the beginning of something great!

Yeah I've had this idea for a while too, and only in some manic burst of anti-autism energies from an unknown nearby source did I manage to surmount my weaknesses and articulate something today.

We are all standing on the shoulders of giants, and it's a general pattern in our world that inevitable ideas develop at the same time around the world. Independently from each other we are all chan eling the global gnosis of memetic forces.

And I am happy that you have the executive function to take action and put your resources in use! You are remarkable! Friendship is magic!

>5th of january 2018
>the day Sup Forums became the jew

Wonderful, this is the energy we need to get this moving! Thanks again for initiating; let's speak again in ten days.

Yup! ttyl~

cool this will just make things more forced for mandatory having to have phones turned off/no devices/no cameras that are not gov approved
because terrorism you can't run it tracking who comes and goes from the airport
so again, perhaps you can't even use your fagphone on the street
I'm jazzed by this idea a way to make everyone have to hand the phones/cameras/etc devices over
because terrorism

only gov approved cameras and gov approved software tracking everyone via bio info
this isn't for you you can't pull it off anyway

>this isn't for you you can't pull it off anyway

You are absolutely right if the "you" you refer to is in singular, but in plural we can do it!

We are already on our way towards totalitarian state control of our lives/electronics. To dodge the dystopia you describe, we must disrupt the present paradigm before it reaches it's total conclusion. It's a race against time, and a battle against the behemoth body of all the states that seek to enslave us.

>Soon people would be walkind down the street with bodycams on their chest, earning surveillance credit.

made laugh like a madman for some reason