Love it or hate it, you can't deny the impact it's had on the industry

Love it or hate it, you can't deny the impact it's had on the industry.

Japan still doesn't give a fuck about the western market, this is why anime will die.

>Love it or hate it, you can't deny the impact it's had on the industry.

What impact?

Yeah it would die if they cared about the western market

It made a shit load of money.

Shinkai is a hack who just makes the same typical anime teen romcom + pretty visuals over and over. It hasn't done shit except sell well.

>Shinkai is a hack who just makes the same typical anime teen romcom + pretty visuals over and over.
I'M FEELING IT

Just like Avatar and Titanic did, right?

>teen romcom
I am satisfied with it because it had an actual ending.

>impact
other than money none
Avatar was sorta of a similar thing at first glance but it at least that actually did strides for effects
This has nothing, honestly it's mostly him selling out to general audiences

This

Putting all your coins in the bag of turbo autists who only support copy-pasted crap will eventually by the bane of anime, sooner or later

sure they do they cater to the west pic related

About 200 kilotons, I'd guess.

Impact? No.
General step into the market? Yes.
With the success of this movie, I expect to see more anime coming into mainstream markets outside of Japan.

Nobody will remember it by next year

I like it but: what fucking impact?

Are you dumb? That's a hollywood movie.

I honestly feel bad for him, he even admits he didn't want any of this. He knows he was just trying to make a fun date movie, but now retards and autists are going to deify him as a god simply because of box office numbers as if thats the only thing that matters in art. Shit sucks, but I guess thats what they mean when they say once you introduce it to the public your work is no longer truly "yours."

Madoka had more impact than this.

I think I understand now why none of his previous works delivered a proper conclusion. It's annoying, but it's a pleb filter.

>OLD HAG empowerment, the anime

reverse their gender and suddenly this title is pedo pandering.

>westards gonna be triggered
>rapelay incident part 2
>death of anime

kill yourself faggot, it's done absolutely fucking nothing for the industry apart from be another generic fucking romcom set in a highschool.

>>>/MAL/

If it's so generic why did it blow up?