Director of Digimon S1: Episode 21 was a love story between the sibling...a subplot of sexual lust

From an interview with Hosoda Mamoru, director of Digimon S1 -

Interviewer: Let's move on from the movie and talk about Episode 21 of Digimon S1, which Hosoda san you personally directed (The episode where Tai came back to Earth.) The TV episode's setting and stuff is subtlely different from the OVA.

Hosoda: They are quite different (laugh). If we go further, episode 21 and the rest of the series are completely different. Also, the fairies wheel you saw in the windows was a mirage (laugh). To be frank, the wheel was put there to create an emotionally oppressive scene. But somehow the latter episodes continue to use it, and that's how everything turned out. But really, it's really strange to have a fairies wheels over there. So the 2nd season was based on the modified TV version settings. But......Episode 21 was actually Taichi's dream(laugh) or rather, it's an episode where from outside he peaks into a daydream....something like that. You can also see the love story between the sibling, that crosses the line of normal sibling's and into a subplot of sexual lust.

Interviewer: Is that so, maybe that's why their interaction felt somewhat enchanting. A flirtatious's enchanting or hypnotizing feeling...

Hosoda: A subtle sense of lewdness(laugh). Someone said "It's an episode with a certain smell". Such as when Kari leaned on Tai's back and said "No matter how one looks at me, one would know I am not just worried about my oni-san"...Well, adults who watched that scene would get it, but to kids, they would only think "what a caring little sister".

Interviewer: How Tai covered for Kari when she wetted her bed, that was also very abnormal. The way the voice actors speak and changed their tone were really strange.

Hosoda: Araki Kae (Kari's VA) very much realized the intention of the scenes. So she played her character that's unlike a normal little sister (laugh). To put things to an extreme, Episode 21 was a triangle love story between Koromon, Kari, and Tai.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoru_Hosoda
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4068
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Interviewer: In the tiring summer heat, Tai laid on the sofa...

Hosoda: But before that Tai had been the MC, yes? But he now has temporary returned to home, so he thought "it's nice to be home. Oh I have to do my summer homework." This is something of a battle that are shared between the everyday school kid Tai, and the Digimon hero Tai.

Interviewer: This episode has Tai in a mental battle, and Kari in hers'.

Hosoda: You want to know what's going on behind the scene? It was the war between Kari and Koromon. With Tai lying on the bed, Kari and Koromon eating a watermelon. Noticed that Kari did not take a single bite. It was akin to when the husband is away from home, the wife telling the mistress "could you leave him?" Or more exactly, "I already gave my share of watermelon to you, could you give me back my husband?" (laugh)

And people have the gall to say pic related is a sick pairing.

Interviewer: Now that you mentioned it, Kari's eyes did glimmered rather strangely then...

Hosoda: So you see, Kari was not just a cute little sister. She felt that something dangerous is nearing her brother, and wanted to pull him back. Not directly, but use all the feminine parts of her Grade 2 body and psych to take him back. An analogy would be, Kari is the 30-plus year old rightful wife, and Koromon is the 20-ish naive girl (laugh). Even though Kari was still young, but when an even younger girl showed Kari's husband her affection, Kari could not ignore it. So the situation is something like that. "You (Koromon) might have been in very good term with Tai in the Digial World, but ever since I was born, I have been alongside him for 8 years." Also, "I knew about you for a very long time already, and I know what sort of relationships you two are in".....So this is that sort of tangled up love story (laugh).

Interviewer: (laughed)

Hosoda: So, mid terms tend to let slip horrifying things. The dampness and heat would make men let lose something primate.

Interviewer: Maybe that's the real cause of that hypnotizing mood. By the way, did that episode had anything to do with episode 1? Tai's flashback in episode 1...

Hosoda: It disappeared. Which was why when Koromon showed up in episode 1 he was so confused. Maybe Tai thought that event was a dream. After 4 years, when the Grade 5 Tai remembered it. But Kari remembered it very well. She can even see them......Which is why she said "I can see clearly". It's not just because she has the special ability. No, it's for how she knows everything and closes in on her older brother. She is really a demonically seducing woman (laugh).

Here is the interview.

Welp, another childhood story mystery solved. Thanks Digimon for setting me onto the path of immoral sibling love early in my love.

>Hosoda is a degenerate
Well I'm not too surprised considering the furfag content in his recent movies

I KNEW IT. I KNEW SOMETHING WAS GOING ON BETWEEN THOSE 2. Hosoda you bastard.

>Hosoda Mamoru, director of Digimon S1 -
He wasn't, though.

That's because Yamato is a shit friend and probably even worse lover. Taichi would be better off with someone loyal like Koushiro or even better Palmon.

And don't forget the bara.

>Hosoda Mamoru

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoru_Hosoda

Digimon Adventure (TV, episode 21, 1999)

Only for 1 episode.

I'm more impressed that he put this fake interview together.

My childhood is now ruined

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4068

Digimon Adventure (TV) : Episode Director (ep 21)

When is this faggot going to release his next furshit project?

what the fug did I just read

this is fanfiction right?

I don't know if Hosoda was pulling shit out of his ass, but that's what the magazine page in says.

If you can't read Japanese, you can at least see the "30" and "20" in the scan.

This was my favorite episode of Adventure too. Makes me want to rewatch it again.

Wow, this is actually real.

>not only is Hosoda a furfag but into incest as well
Didn't Hosoda say his next film will be about siblings?

Immoral sibling love in my chinese cartoon? This is great. Thank you Hosoda.

Thats gross. Weird to see the interviewer just roll with that.

...well, all I can say is that episode 21 of Digimon Adventures is one of the best episodes of anime ever sooooooo, fuck, I feel confuse now.

>tfw it was a TaichixHikari doujin that kickstarted my incest fetish
Nice

I need to watch that episode again.

If it makes you feel any better, I just watched the English dub, and 4Kids(is it them?) did a very good job of scrubbing out most of the hints. The English dub changed a lot of plot points such as

Kari wetting her bed -> Kari fallen into a mud pit
Kari didn't want Tai to go and hinted something -> Kari says be careful.

I think it's safe to treat what Hosoda said as advance fanfiction.

Well, shit. Now I have to watch it again.

Saban was the company behind the Digimon English dub for the first 3 seasons, not 4Kids.

I don't think I'll be fully convinced unless some other people fluent in Japanese confirm all the weird shit that was written down here, and even then, a part of me will still disbelieve Hosoda actually said this for public consumption.

I laughed at him comparing Kari to a 30-year-old wife with a silent grudge against her husband's mistress, though. That's not even the most absurd part of this interview, but there's just something about it.

Because he isn't bakagaijin

Time to rewatch the episode while taking all this into consideration.

Hosoda is calling koromon Taichi's mistress, the guy had furry tendencies since the beginning.

Hosoda is a degenerate

wtf did is just read o_0 !? he's totally bluffing and trolling here , I mean even if he was to say they have more than slabbing stuff going on he's just messing around what type of description of love is this ?

Honda stop ruining my childhood please

Based Hosoda

In case Wolf Children didn't make it awfully obvious.

So did Sora break up with Taichi cause she found him shagging his sister? That would explain how the fuck did Sora swinged guys out of nowhere.

Hawt

Sora had feeling for Yamato since Dark Master arc. Probably she became more distant to Taichi because she knew he was really overprotective to Hikari. While she knew from the start that Taichi was siscon, but in Dark Master arc the siscon is too strong. Since her crest was love, she maybe knew that Hikari loved Taichi too.
Sorry for my head canon.

Sora is a retard no one likes, not even Piyomon.

Sora getting BTFO by Piyomon in Tri was great.

awesome now the fanfiction and doujin will jump again great job honda ~

It certainly was. As was Genai going rapey on her and Mugendramon slamming her around.

Awesome head canon

I agree Taichi is siscon tho

Why are you people acting surprised, as if it wasn't already obvious that Taichi & Kairi were siscon & brocon?

So, its canon..

Pretty much this. I also don't know why so many people are triggered. You fags got something against incest or something?

This poster makes so much sense, I am worried Meiko. Now, just run. No more words, just run.

The was he put it was weird and made too lewd

Taichi's siscon was 'born' when he made a mistake by making Hikari's fever more worse.
Also even Koushiro said to him that his overprotective to Hikari was not normal. This is taken from episode where Taichi and Koushiro tried to find medicine for Hikari.

I believe they're both siscon and brocon from the start. What I surprised is that Hosoda intended to make incest episode from the start. I don't mind it though.

It's more what the guy's actual mindset was when doing it that's surprising/funny, look at this shit
>So you see, Kari was not just a cute little sister. She felt that something dangerous is nearing her brother, and wanted to pull him back. Not directly, but use all the feminine parts of her Grade 2 body and psych to take him back.

Because they watched the English dub and thought Taichi was interested in Sora.

I watched the jap version and never got these vibes until the last scene where she lean toward his back which everyone can see

What the part with the psych made up?
>小学校2年生なりの女の部分を全開にして

This episode was my motivation to protect and be kind to my little sister when I was child. And ironically makes me siscon too.

>Welp, another childhood story mystery solved.
I never saw that episode as "strange" does that make me sexually blind?

I've read a Chink translation of the interview and the contents are pretty much the same as what you guys are reading here.

The wordings may be different but the meaning's the same.

Is this a recent interview?

I always felt that something was a bit off about Hikari there but I dismissed it as her getting better from sickness but still being weak.

Turns out it was incest all along.

I'm not fluent but what little bits here and there OP is right.
Pic related is the 30-year-old wife comparison.
>例えて言うなら、
>ヒカリは30歳過ぎの本妻て、コロモンは20歳そこそこの世の中を知らない女の子
You can plonk that into google translate and piece it together to convince yourself.

The next part will be convincing yourself the interview is real.

Holy shit I was thought that episode was a bit off and surreal when I watched it. Didn't understand what it was then but damn to have it actually be confirmed as incest.

Well the last scene where she hold his hand and lean on his back definitely give odd feelings

Thanks Sup Forums you make my night.

Wow looking at it now this poster is terrifying. Meiko should get the fuck out if she knows what's good for her. If kindergarten age Hikari was like that I can't imagine how much of a brocon high school age Hikari must be. Poor Takeru, no matter what he does he'll never be onii-chan.

>Episode 21 was actually Taichi's dream(laugh) or rather, it's an episode where from outside he peaks into a daydream....something like that.
What did he mean? It's dream or not?

Well that cruel of him to ruin the pure picture we had when we were kids about them

>Pure
That's just us being children, any adult watching would immediately be able to pick up the subtle incest themes between them. It's not just this episode, the one where she was sick and Taichi had to go fetch medicine for her was also like that. I think it's pretty clear that the directors and VAs deliberately meant for their characters to come off as incestuous.

Thank god my boners weren't an accident and actually intended by the directors.

Did your little sister try to seduce you with her 7 year old body?

Does this mean Takeru has no chance in hell of getting Hikari? Well I guess mere outsiders are no match for the love between an onii-chan and an imouto.

What? I never realized this, though I last watched it as a kid.
Pretty hot. I never watched past season 1, do they have anything further?

No such thing, though I always watched Digimon with her especially episode 21.
Though she (17) nowadays tends to sit on my lap for unknown reason. She only tries to find another place to sit when people teases her.

She wants the d, stop pretending not to notice/understand you faggot.
also nice blog.

As a children, you got the urge to protect your sister, that's for sure.

Give her the D.

now I wish we have an actual anime, preferably movie, with this theme and none of this subtlety bullshit

One of the few episodes i remember from back when i was a kid. So it was directed by the kino director himself. No wonder it stood out.

I want get the entire series only for this, demn Sup Forums.

>rewatched episode
still nothing

come on user, imouto wants D. Make ur dream come true.

Ten years late but shes trying to seduce you with her seventeen year old body.

>takeru
A mere tease.

GIVE IT TO HER
FOR THE SAKE OF ALL US ANONS CURSED TO HAVE NO IMOUTO

>she (17) nowadays tends to sit on my lap for unknown reason
>for unknown reason

user it's like koyomi, never notice her...
Poor imouto-chan

Yeah i recall something like that , what episode was this again ?

For his sake I hope his sister isn't like Nadeko

But what if she just tries to tease me?
There's no way my pure little sister is that lewd.

Dude I was like 8 years old, how would I know it was some sort of sibling incest? In America brother and sister fight all the time in that age and I did not want it to be this way even in a fictional cartoon, of fiction.

>There's no way my pure little sister is that lewd
The purer you think they are, the lewder they actually are.

That's the genius of it. Children watching it would have no idea what's going on and think Taichi's being a sweet brother. Adults watching would know it's actually pretty hot.

Wow I guess some Sup Forumsnons are as dumb as the harem mc's they mock.

Oh shit, the doujinshi was right all along....

See-->It's only like Erina-sama situacion, user..

>would know it's actually pretty hot.
user, only siscons would even think it was hot, even if normalfags could tell what it's about.
But, as a siscon, it's pretty hot.

Try testing the waters by watching certain anime with her.

>episode 21 and the rest of the series are completely different