What are the best first episodes to an anime?

What are the best first episodes to an anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkxiseTKcnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Druaga

Yu Yu Hakusho's first episode is phenomenal compared to what comes afterwards

Ga Rei Zero

this.

HxH 1999 first episode is 10/10 also

More like filler/10

The first episode of this had me so excited for the rest. Excitement slowly declined after that.

The original Yu-Gi-Oh!

Ga-Rei Zero

The train anime from 2 seasons or so ago. The one with the armpits.

The one with the mechanic loli.

Macross Frontier and Delta.

Coincidentally, all those shows turn to shit pretty quickly.

ergo proxy

Macross delta
Rezero

How does anyone think Fate/Zero's first episode was good?

By not having ADHD, I guess...

World building was phenomenal. The only ones complaining about Fate/Zero's first episode were people just watching the show for fight scenes because they thought that they were walking into a battle shounen.

Eden of the East

The world building was just repeating what was said in F/SN you retard

The first four episodes or so were great because the anime tries to be extremely faithful to the manga and the beginning works well in that regard. The problem is that some of the manga chapters have way too slow pacing for direct adaptation so the 1:1 approach doesn't work for the most part.

Texhnolyze and the first episode isn't even the best episode.

>Macross Delta
Why the fuck did they drop the dancing mecha gimmick? I thought that was neat.

Gunbuster

You're seriously telling me episodes 10-12 didn't excite you?

Kill la Kill's first episode made me feel like a kid again. Just the first five minutes alone are great: you start off with Hitler, then BAM Gamagoori just kicks the door in and you realize what kind of series you're getting into (I love the minor detail where he tries kicking the door once, gives up and tries to open it the normal way, then goes back to kicking it down). Gamagoori chases a spy down to the ground floor (the spy takes the stairs, Gamagoori just jumps because he's a badass) and then we have the fight that explains some of the ground rules of the setting and what's going on over here, and the little heel-click and the brass band roaring, and then we get that long shot that goes from the school all the way down Honnoutown right into Ryuko's gear-shaped eyes. The rest of the episode proceeds pretty well too, showing off most of the major characters, having some good humor, and a decent (but short) fight to demonstrate Ryuko's newfound strength. I really like Kill la Kill's first episode.

It should be disqualified based solely on the fact that most first episodes don't get 45 minutes to set everything up.

This, it's a shame the rest didn't live up to the first episode (at least definitely not the latter part).

Will Sup Forums stone me to death if I say Yuri on Ice? The rest of the show was pretty disappointing, but I really liked episode 01.

galaxy express 999 had a damn great first episode

That doesn't make it bad

Kotoura-san.

No, I agree. The first episode was really amazing.

It had many great episodes.

Most people will tell you starting off with hour-long exposition divided between 7 different parties you don't care about yet is a bad way to start off. It's especially bad if you do know FSN cause most of it's repeating already known information.

Episodicfags detected.

Mononoke. I re-watched the first arc last night. The first episode was great.

Symphogear GX

Kabaneri's first episode was 10/10

Lucky Star

Ninja Slayer

>It's especially bad if you do know FSN cause most of it's repeating already known information.

It barely scratches the surface of what Rin and Kirei talk about in the FSN prologue. That's why you're supposed to watch/read it after FSN.

Kabaneri
Gakkou gurashi
FSN UBW
Shingeki no kyojin
Zankyou no Terror

erased

Gundam 0079, Zeta was pretty good too

Claymore.

never watch

Star Driver

>That entire summoning sequence.

I understand that this is considered a pleb opinion on Sup Forums but fuck it, Zero really got me more invested than Stay Night, and I'm including the VN here.

T H I S

Ping Pong

youtube.com/watch?v=AkxiseTKcnA
The whole 3 episode series was amazing.

I liked how the new adaptions include the summoning sequences for Caster, Rider and Berserker

Hanasaku Iroha had an incredible first episode, when it aired people were claiming it was going to be the AOTS from that alone.

The first episode of Rakugo Shinjuu was also pretty damn good.

Amaama to Inazuma

Gakkou Gurashi

Aldnoah Zero

First episode tricked me into watching one of the biggest disappointments I've ever sat through.

I know I'm gonna catch flack for this, but NGE. Sorry, but back in the day, everything was stale and boring. Then that first episode you see Shinji. Then scenes of most of Japan under water. Then the first appearance of pic related stomping by and all fucking hell breaks lose.

Can't believe yamakan got fired for making the best episode

Gungrave

Tower of Druaga

fpbp

Kabaneri ep 1

It was a quality opener

Cross Game

Why has Irisviel not been properly lewded yet?

>not liking how everything gets out of fucking hand
stop breathing

Man shes been officially lewded in Fate/Grand Order, five minutes of Danbooru will shower you.

It isn't physically possible to create a better first episode.

Midori no Hibi was fun.

She is pure

Why? Because she is Arcueid 2.0?

S1 of IBO

K because of its OST

>guy takes a hit of his pipe after seeing someone get decapitated
that's hilarious.

GunGrave

First episode of dantalian no shoka was really good

>delta episode 1
>that fucking scream fade to credits set to ikenai borderline

WHY DID THE REST SUCK SO MUCH AHHHHHHHHH

Loved that show

It was great until episode 2 aired.

Shingeki no Kyojin
Come on.

Ai yori aoshi.

delet

>Fate/Grand Order
He said properly lewded, user.

Actually, Bones stretched the fuck out of many scenes and it's not exactly 1:1.

For example, really tear jerking scene when Midoriya's mom was sorry to Izuku took in anime like 40 seconds, while in manga it was just one panel.

Bones adds and stretches a lot of things.

I came here to post these.

Girly problems anime are so lame, dude.

Why did Soul Eater shit the bed so fucking hard later on?

Kabaneri

Futakoi Alternative.

Why? It's a great episode, and Sachiel is probably the coolest angel of them all.

Personally I really liked episode 2. Near the end when it cuts what happened during the angel fight is probably one of my favourite moments in any anime

Gakkou Gurashi easy
Shame about the rest of the series

Trigun or berserk

Samurai Champloo's 1st episode was perfect.
Fate/Zero was pretty average until Banquet of Kings desu. 2nd half is very good though.
1st episode being horrible is a meme. It's just mediocre, especially compared to episode 2 which was fantastic.

>b-but muh spoilers

Literally watch any crime drama and you'll know how the story goes. It's the anticipation of how it happens.

Oh yeah, for about 22 minutes I thought we might be looking at a 9/10. Then, I remembered that it was WIT, and I wasn't surprised when the rest of the season went to shit.

>Ctrl+F
>'Tokyo Ghoul' 0 results found
Seriously the first episode is one of my favorite piece of animations of all time.

Tokyo Ghoul shit the bed as soon as the gourmet guy was introduced. Everything else before that was good.

Can't speak for the manga.

>an hour long exposition dump is good
People here neither have critical thinking nor standards.