Why did it flop

Why did it flop

;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CujAo31sfMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it was shit.

>883

It was an honest waste of potential, It feels like it would've worked better as a 20 something episode anime.

It was bad.

Because the people who measure success only care about BD sales, and the NEETs used all their income on Yuri on ice.

If Japan counted streaming like the US does, this would have been a success. I hope it gets picked up by Netflix or something and gets a western following like FLCL

Arthouse is too hard for otaku to appreciate, sorry op

>Flips Floppers.

>Cockona

Really felt that writer change.

Elaborate?

Main cast was unlikeable.

Not enough people bought the BDs.

>gets a western following like FLCL
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

kokona is a typical bad harem mc protagonist. No drive, no purpose, total tool who just following around what people want her to do. In the end, when she decide to not doing what her mother want, it just her doing what papika want her to do, just like what happen in the entire of the series.
papika is annoying, self centered manipulative, asshole, just like everyone in the series not named kokona.
yayaka is anoying but character development makes her a bit more interesting.
it deserve to be fail.

You know what I mean

> NEET = Fujoshi

It didn't, the studio is already doing another original series.

Because it's pretentious. It's literally one of the most pretentious anime I've ever watched in my life.

Now being faux-deep would be fine if there were other redeeming qualities, but it had none. If you remove the "deep" imagery you are left with a very dull story with light yuri-bait. It's fucking boring.

Pretty much. If you ignore the subtext this show has nothing to offer.
But the subtext isn't an excuse to neglect narrative and characterization, this hack should have watched Utena or FLCL before creating this abortion.

Because it's yurishit.

Did it flop? BDs certainly matter more for originals, but they're still a fast-becoming irrelevant part of the industry and less than 20% of overall revenue. Do we know how it did by any of the other metrics?

It did but thats not gonna stop them.

There's nothing faux about it's depth. The director clearly understood the concepts he was working in and they created interesting complexities. I'm not one to claim 2deep4u, but if you literally couldn't see that I'm not sure what else to say.

It's only huge flaw was pacing, yeah. They just had too much they wanted to pack in.

The seriousness of the later episodes put some people off. That and it also went up against YoI, so everything that season flopped in comparison.

I dropped it early on, so of course I don't know if it eventually got somewhere. Doesn't matter because the only impression I got out of it is pretentiousness.

Pretentious simply means pretending to be more intelligent than it is, and that's not accurate

fpbp

The anime lost its main writer after episode 6 and it went to utter shit.
Yes that's why all the plot threads built in ep 5/6 went nowhere.
It's why they started telling a story of Cocona's mum that had nothing to do with the show.

Everything is perfect except storytelling.
I wouldn't say they have to have expositions everywhere but they need to drop some info for the viewer to catch on earlier.

rolling girls did it better
youtube.com/watch?v=CujAo31sfMM

Japan has shit taste

You didn't actually watch the show, did you?

First few episodes were episodic and were carried by the amazing visuals and art direction with a hint of a plot.
And then the writers realized over halfway through the series that the story was basically non-existent so they tried to cram as much exposition as they could into the last few episodes completely killing the pacing and making it feel rushed.
If the show just kept going with the audio-visual candy, episodic format I think it would have been much more successful albeit more of a niche series.

Writers fucked it up.
They could have left it in a "different magical world every episode" put it ended copying another super deep shit like Eva or whatever and having two or more writers for this wasn't a good idea.

It had a lot of potential. Hope someone makes something similar in the future but right and well done.

Holy fuck you're an idiot

As long as this director keeps working I'll be happy. This was a great debut

because it was a new franchise, maybe, so it didn't have time to become more well known or hyped up. YOI was the notable exception to that tendency, because it catered to a hungry fujoshi market. Which makes me wonder how hard was Haikyuu cannibalized by it.

who cares? when it first came out, I knew immediately they made it for people like me.

and there aren't many of my out there. I'm one of a kind.

Mimi garbaged that shit right up.

Writing was shit during more than the first half.

/thread
Came here just to post this.

You see when someone hate on a show just because one of the characters wasn't of his liking? Now think about the same sceneario but instead of one of the character is ALL the characters, that's basically Flip Flappers, not a single likeable character.

No manga source, no marketing.
Anything can sell with proper presentation

I know that feel
Instant favorite

some things never change do they?
thanks futanon

fpbp

It was deep from episode 1 you're just too pleb to see

You're like those fuckers who sent hate mail about Eva 23-24 because they just wanted a giant robot show.

>1 frt

Lost plotfags early on by being artsy and episodic; lost deepfags at the end when they crammed in a bunch of exposition.

Still one of the best shows of the year, if only because it displayed some amount of ambition.

BDs sales are important for the disc publisher and the anison industry. These two tend to be the biggest contributors of a commitee. And they are complaining about the low disc sales in the late-night anime industry since a few years. That means yes, they consider FliFla a flop.

No marketing.

A friend of mine was really hyped for this series so I watched most of it but I just couldn't make myself care about most of it. I couldn't really get myself to care for the characters and their relationship. I thought their interactions were really shallow most of the time. The symbolism just seemed to be there to make the show seem deeper than it really was. There wasn't a point to most it. The fanservice was really weird at times. Not that I don't watch ecchi but it just fell completely out of place, like that girl in the thong or the weird angles. There were nice visuals and cool scenes but nothing outside of that was memorable.

Rolling Girls was boring as fuck

Yet I can find no evidence that people understood what he was going for. I've even seen people say that they wanted things to be left unexplained in order to justify that they didn't get what he wanted to convey. A lot of things were left unexplained and people seem to be in denial of that.

Sad but true

>No marketing.
what's worse is that what little marketing there was portrayed it as a standard magical girl show.

Because Yayaka wasn't MC

Merchandise is way bigger, and FF is being turned into a merch machine. BDs are dropping and committees know that

He's explicitly discussed its meaning in interviews. I guess you just didn't look very hard

more like flop floppers lmfao

When did this board become so retarded? Did we get a user replacement or what?
What happened to the 500+ threads Flip posters from last year?

They all went back to r*ddit where they belong. You should join them.

Retard

Everyone's moved on with their lives

Flip Flappers tends to attract a lot of shitposting (as evidenced by this thread). You'll probably have to wait a while before you can have a decent thread about it.

Really feeling the lack of plot and those forced drama alzheimers

The threads got 500+ because at the time it was new so naturally it would get attention. Add all the expectations people had for it and it was a hyped up show.

It ended up being A Waste of Potential: The Anime. It felt way too episodic, almost non-coherent, and the supposed main villain got shat on in 2 minutes by the real villain who ended up having the worst build up and fight scene out of all the characters. Not only that, but the final episodes were rushed. It was very evident by their Twitter posts.

It was a brilliant concept with terrible execution.

Poor advertising, artstyle that was an acquired taste, story was confusing for people who didn't pay attention, not a very approachable series.