Why is this the only good fantasy anime?

Why is this the only good fantasy anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NAh9oLs67Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because you have shit taste.

>Recommend me good fantasy anime
No thanks.

Because it's not LN trash.

People who have cantus need to be exterminated.

Calm down tankie.

Yeah, instead it's YA trash.

>disgusting culture that promotes homosexuality
>genetic manipulation of humans
>culture that promotes killing children

They are abominations. They need to be purged.

I always thought SY was sci-fi anime.

This

Squealer did nothing wrong

It isn't the only good fantasy anime, mainky because it isnt fantasy. It's full-on sci-fi.

It isn't, you just aren't looking hard enough

>the world makes no sense
>the society makes no sense
>character motivations change for no reason
>the pacing is garbage
>the direction is shit
>the art design is shit

this is the abridged version, folded thousands of times by arguing with this show's idiot fans

You're retarded, that's why.

I didn't like this show that much but Squealer and the OST were good

Censored at that

nope

pretty much this. the writing is miles and miles beyond a lot of anime.

also, OP, it is full on sci-fi and not fantasy. probably closer to dystopian than fantasy too.

i like shinsekai yori but if you think about it it isn't that great ! the story of the war between humans and espers is kinda typical ! i want to understand what's so special about it ? why do people pretend to like/like it that much ?

It's not though, it was a waste of good ideas.

What makes something a fantasy or not?

Wait, you know it's from a novel, right?

what are each of these from?

I think it's mostly fantasy. You do not know that there are sci-fi elements untill the end and, even there, they are only hinted at.

It's a real novel, not a crappy novel made for kids.

What's exactly the difference between a novel and a light novel in this case?
The absence of illustrations? Are those really that important in a light novel, or just added value?
The target? I do not think so, since Shinsekai Yori has the same taget as many light novels: teenagers/young adults.
And do not try to state that the difference is that one is serialized, while the other is just a single book, that just does not make sense.

The writing? If you can't appreciate the difference in writing between SSY and your run of the mill LNshit then you probably dont watch much anime. You don't even have to like the show, but you have to at least recognize it has some actually interesting writing compared to LNs. LNs have a very specific writing style that goes well beyond "young adults." Its a literal formula of the most simplistic and teenage tropes possible. Dystopia, society, sexuality, state sponsored murder, arent usually themes in LNs.

light novels are shorter and usually pushed out quickly by publishers while novels generally are made over longer time spans with much more editing and revising

LOL no

Does that get any good? Dropped at episode 5, too many themes felt like berserk lite

Japan isn't big in dystopian novels.
They are more on the isekai/utopia train.

Also
>fantasy

I remember dropping that, but I don't remember why.

Wait, writing is different from themes.
Even a novel with amazing writing could be filled with common tropes, that does not make sense.
Let's say that we have Kino no Tabi, that is a light novel, right? Yet the themes are way different from those of the "common" light novel; Humanity has Declined is another example.
From what you say it seem like that any random bad novel with "adult-like" themes is better than any light novel.
That's not at all right. What about Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, the Monogatari Series, Katanagatari, Baccano!, Durarara!! and many others that are well written, yet do not deal with really important themes?

You are twisting my words to a point where Im not sure if English is youre first language or if you even understand what youre writing. I didn't say "only adult themes=good. I said the writing was 'better' for me compared to most LNshit because LNs are often constricted to a very specific formula. Pointing out one or two exceptions in the vast genre of LNs doesn't change my point. Not to mention I used words like "usually, mostly" obviously indicating that there are exceptions.

As for whether or not shows like Monogatari, Katanagatari and Baccano! deal with "important themes" is entirely subjective. Note that I dont use terms like "imporant" because I speak english as a first language and understand the difference between simply stating that themes such as dystopia aren't as common, and implying that such themes are somehow inherently more 'important'. Its all obviously subjective, but theres also a limit to subjectivity. If youre seriously trying to argue that LNs as a whole have the same writing quality as actual novels, then I don't know what to say.

They're all from Naruto....

>Im not sure if English is youre first language

because of him

Squealer did nothing wrong

he didn't, but i'd still genocide him and the queerats anyways

OK, let's start from the beginning.
It is true that English is not my first language, yet I'm almost sure to be able to understand it decently (and the twisting was intended, manipulating the words of your opponent is essential in a debate).

"Adult-like" was between quotation marks in order to convey some kind of irony, because I wanted to emphasize my example, but internet isn't the right place for it.

So, you said that the writing is what differenciates a novel from a LN, but what exactly is writing? I wanted to make this my point. Writing, from my prespective, is the combination of the style of an author and the language he uses, not the story or themes of his works.
Should we compare the formulas of a novel and of a light novel, really? Aren't those almost the same? The narrative structure of most of the novels and light novels isn't that different, actually almost every kind of story/tale (call it whathever you want) is the same and has the same events happening (I won't go deep in this, just search Vladimir Propp and his "Morphology of the tale").

Obviously I'm not trying to defend every LN, but even novels haven't all got the same quality. As there are bad LNs there are bad normal novels, it all depends from many factors. There are LNs way better than many novels and novels way worse than many LNs. You can't just say: "most LNs are worse than novels", when there are really many novels that are plain bad.

Lastly, even though the imporrtance of themes is subjective, as almost everything in this world, I used that word with, again, some irony; I really should have quoted also that. However I truly believe that some themes are more relevant than others, being also better suited for deeper reflections. Plus if something is more relevant it has a greater importance, am I wrong?

Even though I fucking hate you and the way you are saying it, you're actually right. Well done.

Watch Nagi no Asukara then, it's kinda like Shinsekai Yori except considerably more lighthearted.

>Mari Okada
It's good?

Faggotty ruined this show

Probably the only good thing she ever wrote the script for.

Yes, surpsisingly so.

t. didn't understand the point of it

Hanasaku Iroha, Wixoss S1, Anthen of the Heart

I will give it a watch then, thanks

What the difference between a Garfield strip and Watchmen?

All dogshit, exactly

Not him, but Hanasaku Iroha is one of the best SoL anime.

Never watched Wixoss nor Anthem of the Heart, though.

LNs are Japan's YA, but it's a real book.

>Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, the Monogatari Series
>good

>People
They are not even human, they are disgusting monsters that need to be purged before they finish the destruction of human race.

I watched whole Naruto and 9/10 of Shippuuden and it looked bad in art department.
I guess if you sift through several hundreds of eps you can always find some nice shots.

This realization is the whole point of the anime i'd say.

Wixoss S1 was good but season 2 was bad IMO

You'd side with monsters against your own race?
Prepare your anuses for purging, heretic cum.

>talking shit about Horizon

Themes? Drawings? Target? Can those two really be compared? Could you tell me the differences?

Anime was shit, so I never got around to reading it.
I still doubt that it's good, seems like too many concepts put together at random.
>pic
Who was in the wrong there?

A quite good fantasy is Kemono no Souja Erin.

Depth: one could spend hours dissecting Watchmen. It would take just as long to dissect a single Garfield panel.

youtu.be/NAh9oLs67Cw

I really liked Erin but the ending didn't quite live up to what I was expecting. Also all the flashbacks to save the budget didn't help much.

>OKAAAAASAN

any other anime similar to tone in this one?

>only good fantasy anime
>what is Chrno Crusade

I found the ending decent, I expected something better, but I was fine with it. The reusage of some scenes of the show is understandable, it is a long one and it was broadcasted without pauses, but not justifiable.

Shiki and Nagi no Asukara have a similar feel to them, although they are not as good.

Nice shitspeech.

>Nagi no Asukara
Nice bait.
A boring anime if you have taste or a show that will make you sad if you don't have taste.

How can you live with having such an awful taste, nigga?

Mostly by eating, drinking, breathing, pissing, shitting and sleeping every now and then.

Literally the only anime I ever cried to

>A boring anime if you have taste or a show that will make you sad if you don't have taste

It's the other way around.

>Shiki
watch seirei no moribito nigga, shit made me cry yesterday. superb character building

Chrono Crusade made me cry, not Shiki.

But I'll give Seirei no Moribito a watch, heard quite a lot of good shit about it.

>this thread still up
>actual suggestions are being given
Not that 3x3s are any better. But I still think it's unfair to ban people asking and not the people proving suggestions.

its great. superb pacing, great characters, an interesting world, few cliches or tropes, and the best ending i've seen in a very long time

Chrono Crusade was an all-time classic.

Goddess tier

Bear with me here:

Why the fuck did Squealer started his plan that early? Why not wait until the brat was older and thus with a more developed cantus? Even without any training, naturally the cantus would get better until it got to old age, no?

Also, I don't remember, but why other races didn't helped his mole people?

And why didn't he used propaganda against cantus users? If he started telling that mole people were genetically engineered and showed proof someone would freak out and end up helping them.

>Why the fuck did Squealer started his plan that early? Why not wait until the brat was older and thus with a more developed cantus? Even without any training, naturally the cantus would get better until it got to old age, no?
waiting until the kid got older had problems. the kid's reasoning skills would have vastly improved and maybe eventually have figured out she was actually human. plus they only had one of her at the time since her parents had been murdered shortly after birthing her. furthermore, its hard to keep something like that under wraps at all times. if one of the colonies loyal to the humans had found out and ratted them out, there goes their whole plan.

>Also, I don't remember, but why other races didn't helped his mole people?
part of it was political (monarchy vs democracy), part loyalties to the humans, part of it was squealer being a douchebag, and part of it was old grievances. i mean squealer and co had been subjugating other colonies long before they had the cantus user. plus by the time of the attack most of the colonies were either under squealer's control, or giant hornet's control, and nobody else.

>And why didn't he used propaganda against cantus users? If he started telling that mole people were genetically engineered and showed proof someone would freak out and end up helping them.
i'm not sure if he actually knew that for sure, i always took him saying he was human as a metaphor for them being as smart as humans. when the kids found the library at the beginning of the show and asked them about the queerats, it couldn't give them answers because it didn't actually no. so i don't think squealer knew. furthermore, propaganda would make its way to the cantus user's ears eventually, and they would just immediately move to genocide squealer and company.

What was wrong with S2?

Ewwwwww........ Fuck no. I watched SSY first and then watched Nagi no Asakura. I hated it more than i should have. Okada's concept are somewhat good but it never actually translates into anything good, especially the romance ia so retarded. Iron blooded orphans is only the decent anime by okada

>good

mein negger

>great

Everything.

>forced homosex shit
>good
Solid bait thread regardless.

>Ewwwwww........
stop

what is this from?

Squealer didn't really lose because the girls cantus was weak. It was his own fault for trying such a risky mission in Tokyo before taking out the remaining cantus users. He could have won.

He didn't have any proof rats were human.

>Bear with me here:

Protip: In English (and practically all other Indo-Germanic languages) only one verb in the predicate needs to be conjugated.
"did started" is wrong. It's either "did start" or "has started" depending on what tense you want to use and what you want to express.

Damn, quads wasted on a boring shitpost.

A random 3x3 thread.