Legend of the galactic heroes

So is this show actually good? I hear a lot of people saying that the characters are incredibly flat and that the show only starts to pick up after like 30+ episodes. What's the general reception of it here? If I commit to watching 110 episodes of something I'd like to know what it is I am getting into. Is this just hipster trash to appear knowledgeable about the medium or an exceptional show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GwTn5CKubN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hands down the greatest reaction images in the history of anime.

Just watch it.

>30+ episodes
That's bullshit. At most you need to watch 3 or 4 episodes to know if you will like it. The first few episodes contain what usually happens in the show, which is politics and Napoleonic line battles.

It's definitely better and more memorable than than most anime. The characters are one note for the most part. It's good form the beginning, jumps the shark towards the end.

Took me 3 weeks to comfortably watch through Logh. 10/10 one of the best anime I've ever seen. It is slow in the beginning which can make it boring for some but it really picks up after 6 episodes. Just watch it, only you can decide if it is a good watch to you or not.

Its good if you like history and politics. My only issue with it is that space is treated 2d instead of 3d, save for one battle.

Best anime ever IMO, I remember not liking it after watching the first episode, but definitely doesn't take 30+ episodes, more like 10 or less

SKIP THE NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW

Narrator spoils everything.

it's ok but overrated

i give it a 7/10

>dat feel when they don't make EDs like they used to anymore
youtube.com/watch?v=GwTn5CKubN8

Kei Oguras was amazing.

>show only starts to pick up after like 30+ episodes
no it was great for the first 25 episodes then it became kinda boring for me and i got spoilers so i dropped

thought it sucked. it's not worth 110 episodes but you need to get those big boy points from somewhere

great show but some episodes (mostly planet alliance episodes ) are boring as fuck

The show with the highest amount of characters who did literally nothing wrong.

This.

Truniht was a genius politician who played the system to his benefit. I think he fact he jumped willy-nilly to the Empire not to mention was backed by the Terraists, but was ultimately the one using them, just shows how little he actually cared about anything except his own well being.

He was the kind of leader which brought the Roman Empire to its fall. He was genius in abusing the political system to fuel his own desires when it came to what made the political system great then he was an unmediated failure.

His kind has shown their faces countless of times throughout the echo of human history. LoGH does a fantastic job as establishing historical stereotypes and using them in a very real manner.

I don't know if I would rate it highly as some would, but it's definitely one of a kind. There are other space operas with different focuses yet none of them is LoGH.

You are going to want to like History and Politics desu

What I liked, is they kept the factions simple, with a Jewish Merhcant faction, a Empire faction, and a republic faction, but put as much detail as possible into all the three factions.

You forgot the Papal state faction.

The novels are painstakingly gay.

The best anime ever made, you should watch it if you're serious about your hobby. It's a classic, watch it.

I'm sure that this is probably the best anime ever but I really do not want to watch a 100+ episode anime.

>anime
Sure it's good, but rather than anime I'd say it's the best novel I ever watched.

Find another hobby. Watching anime is not supposed to be a chore.

just because it isn't shit, doesn't mean it's not anime

...Or I can just watch a show that doesnt feel like a chore.

Anime is supposed to be more than stills of characters sitting in frontal view moving their their lips. It's fucking lazy animation wise, even more so than your usual japanese animation. Gundam 0079 is more deserving of the term than LOGH imo.

Yeah, you do that. Stick to shit you like, don't try to broaden your horizons.

I can say that anime captures it's essence perfectly.