ANCIENT Structure is a ‘miniature model of the universe’

>Underwater shrine appears to represent the beginning of space and time in Mesoamerican mythology

independent.co.uk/news/science/nahualac-mexican-universe-structure-model-mexico-city-volcano-a8142551.html

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5233267/Sanctuary-Mexican-volcano-universe-model.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mexican archaeologists have identified a stone “tetzacualco” – or shrine – that they think could have been constructed as a “miniature model of the universe”.

The structure is located in a pond on the side of the Iztaccihuatl volcano near Mexico City, on a site termed Nahualac.

In some ancient Mesoamerican myths concerning the creation of the world, the crocodile monster Cipactli floated on the primal waters and from its body the earth and sky were created.

>the crocodile monster Cipactli floated on the primal waters and from its body the earth and sky were created.

weird.. where have I heard this creation myth before?

It's literally a circle within a circle. How tf do they c9me to their conclusion

>be Mesoamerican
>carve a nipple out of a rock
>[thousand years later]
>some fucking scientist thinks you were trying to depict the universe

scientific measurements

Your nanny?

>implying the mesoamericans weren't more advanced than the soyboy europeenies.
too advanced, apparently. filthy euroean diseases are ehat did them in afterall

wtf the universe is a giant stone nipple???

> 'Superwise Ancient Civilisation of noble savages with deep connection to nature we have forgotten'
Typical Left Wing Krypto-Racism

I am prettty sure there is another myth which is about some giant animals who creates the earth out of his body and water, i think it was from the middle east

It's shitty headline and the article itself doesn't explain anything.

>The existence of a tetzacualco (shrine) in the middle of a natural pond and the optical effect that occurs when the water mirrors, from which it seems that the structure emanates, suggests that the place is the representation of a primeval time and space, a miniature model of the universe

Sauce: dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5233267/Sanctuary-Mexican-volcano-universe-model.html

WE

check out Google Earth between south America and Antarctica...looks pretty reptilian...and yuuuge... world serpent??

neat. It’d be nice to see how that looks but I’d imagine a pic wouldn’t do it justice.

Australia you cunts.

the dream time. giant snakes and turtles and shit mother fuckers.

Australia was the first country. god's country. except tassie

> tfw some overeducated libtard thinks your thousand year old shitpost was a message from god

vuppmp

This. Combat them by turning their primary tactics against them

>rock with barnacles is actually model of the universe say Mexican intellectuals

Finally discovering ancient AzKEK secrets.

>Astronomic structure
>Mesoamerica

Nothing new. It's like raining on wet.

ALL HAIL THE STONE SOMBRERO

It looks more like an anus.

>what is a pile of stones

"Universe" in this context doesn't really mean the same thing as it does to the modern reader.