Is anime dying?

Is it me, or are has this season started off terribly underwhelming?

I mean, there is not a single first episode out right now that really pops. Nothing that gets me stirred or engaged, everything seems generic and bland/retarded/cliched as all hell/utterly uninspiring.

I think this is a problem with a lot of series nowadays, and I've continually seen this downtrend over the past couple of years.

I mean, this season really has started off terribly. I don't think it's that much of an inflammatory take on things to say that anime might be dying.

>I don't think it's that much of an inflammatory take on things to say that anime might be dying.
Well put. I agree.

Last season was great. The season before that was shit. The season before that was great.

This doesn't mean anime is dying.

Anime has been dying for several years now user.

Nearly everything is just a cheap advertisement for the source marerial and won't go past 12 episodes because animators can't get shit done or the budget is simply too small.

>I'm not the target audience of this season?
>ANIME IS FUCKING DYING

We still have Sword Oratoria to look out for though, all hope may not be lost yet.

But yeah otherwise I agree, nothing this season has been very good so far.

>Hestiaposting
Danmachi s2 next week calm your tits user.

sword oratoria is garbage

>I don't like anythings so it's objectively bad

Quite frankly, I don't see how it isn't.

>I don't like anything currently airing so anime is dying
I'm past tired of reading this shit. Just enjoy what's airing or find another hobby you giant lesbian.

Shingeki no Kyojin actually had a really great 1st episode with the new director that is not just better than the fomer, but makes some scenes in the manga bearable to watch and even enjoy.

There's fucking Bahamut Virgin Soul that is really great and have a nice 1st episode too.

Sakura Quest is kinda nice too.

You just need to search a little more(?)

Yes.

Eh I guess I didn't watch any of those shows but everything I did see was underwhelming
Besides two thirds of those are season 2
New stuff only

Don't use Hestia to shitpost.

>nothing I like is on
>ANIME IS DYING, GUYS
There's plenty of you fags to circlejerk your shit taste.

Kill yourself

Buyfag shit you like or stop bitching.

You just have shit taste, sorry.

catch-up and classics season user
quit your bitching

You've gained too much anime experience. It's time to move to j dramas

It's only underwhelming because you don't like it. It's true that there's weak seasons sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's dying.

Besides what is even your definition of a good season then? Having a couple shows that you can bandwagon with Sup Forums?
Last season wasn't particularly amazing either, most of the biggest attractions were sequels and Kyoani's usual viewer magnet anime of the season.
At least this season it looks like there's some original anime who could be interesting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a lot of awful shows that came out decades ago that gets ignored nowadays?

>Is anime dying?
umaru s2 literally just got announced, anime is saved

Oh boy, it's the "does anime suck now?" thread that comes literally every season. Bit earlier than usual, isn't it?

>so wacky garbage gets more of the same

Wow call the presses

You aren't wrong, look at the seasons from when anime was at its supposed "highest point" and you'll see a fuck ton of shit anime.

You know what you're right anime is dead. You may as well stay in one of these boards and never return

inb4 500 replies of idiots triggering other idiots

Trying too hard

This, every anime just keeps following the same trends but with a stupid twist thrown in to try and keep it "Fresh".

(You)

This, I wish we could go back to the good old days back when we had original anime like Gunbuster.

That's all a thread like this is good for.

I'm just sick and tired of all the moe-shit. Give me something mature and smart and I'll be good.

Why are people responding seriously here.

Winter was great though.

Fuck off Sup Forums

You'll have to watch older shows.

Because we're fed up with the crap that studios keep shitting on us.

It's why I decided to go back and binge watch Yu Yu Hakusho.

EVERY

FUCKING

SEASON

See lol what makes you think I'm from that cancer? Did I trigger you? Are your feelings hurt?

>I'm going to post this every season until you like it lmao

It'll never end.

>moeshit
>mature and smart
go read Tokyo Ghoul

Usually I loathe the usual "this season sucks" thread but this season definitely gets the oldfag approval that this season is definitely bad.

Oh right I forgot it's the start of the season.

Have to deal with these garbage threads.

>reddit typesetting
>1435098017327
>14
checks out

The previous season was one of the best in years and this season looks pretty good too.

Personally, I think you're just a faggot with shit taste. Have you considered that possibility?

>binge watching battle shounen
watch old mecha

You're probably just fed up of watching shitloads of seasonal stuff at once, I reached that point years ago, watched some older completed stuff and just pick up a handful of airing stuff that interests you and don't stick with it if it's shit.

I actually watched the first season but couldn't get into the second for some reason. Sort of the same reason I couldn't get into the second season of Bunguo Stray Dogs.

As for manga, I did recently start reading Dorohedoro (ANIME-FUCKING-WHEN?) and Akumetsu. Shame the former has shit scans and I'm too poor to buy the Viz books.

Read TG re manga. Sure you will like it.

The fact that a kids show with crappy cg was the top selling this season (and pretty much stomped on all the past top selling shows) its a clear signal

Anime is dying

Crappy CG is like a cancer.

Last season you mean. This season is Granblue Fantasy.

It died a long time ago. All we have left is a rotten corpse.

I've been seeing this type of thread every year since 2015(or even before).

Maybe it's time to off yourself? You seem extremely depressed

moe is mature and smart, you dumb retard.

Spring is always the shittiest season and has to follow winter which is usually the best or second best season. Probably market forces where people go out more when its warm

You mean saving the dying the industry right?
Last time anything got so big was half a decade ago.

>Is anime dying?

oh yes!

the Walmart of internets called Amazon started HOGGING all the anime this season for exclusive streaming in 'murica.

>a kids show with crappy cg
You realize anime is for kids, right?

that middle school romance anime is pretty nice, I found that to be quite enjoyable

considering that you want something quirky and off the wall, I don't' think you'd care for it though

Anime was never good.

This season has lots of enjoyable shows but no extremely alluring ones. You won't have a NGE, a CC or a Madoka every season.

Overall, I think this season has less "great" shows than last season but more "good/enjoyable" ones. I picked up 1 anime more this season than in the last one.

>dying
>literally just had a cultural phenomenon last season

Don't take me wrong, I fucking love KF but the fact that the other shows are pretty much generic and pretty much the same as we see every damn season is showing us that the industry is dying, there's no more creativity and if a title starts showing some creativity then suddenly it turn into more generic shit (I'm looking at you trigger, you fucking sellouts)

Meme anime is the only good anime

I don't particularly care if there's no anime worth watching in an individual season because I've got a backlog.

Maybe stop being a shit?

Look everybody. It's this thread again.

Which one?

Of the last 4 seasons, Spring is the best.

1. Spring17
2. Fall16/Summer17
3. Winter16/17

This season is just the worst of the year.
Next season though and the next would be way better.

This season indeed looks really shitty but gotta wait for the 3 episode rule to give up.

Someone answer the man! He wants to know (and I too)

Seriously? You haven't even noticed the shitposting against Kemono Friends or the nips going bananas over it?

I understand it was popular. But I didn't get why you would call it a popular phenomenon.

Oh, its quite early into the new season so i assumed you meant last year.

Kemono friends is good, will be interesting to see its effects.

Because ii literally destroyed all past seasons with sales, and it keeps clearing stocks

I personally stopped watching anime about 3-4 years ago. I occasionally watch an anime maybe once every other season. Everything tends to be more of the same. I could've tolerated it when I was younger but 10 years of the same recipe gets annoying. I don't think it's dying as long as it keeps roping in a new audience but if people don't start taking risks and changing stuff up then we might head towards the same direction as the video game industry. Just with less SJW's.

Their small fan Comiket is happening right now and people can't even get in the venue because there is just too many people.

>start of every single season since the beginning of time
>wow this sucks anime is dying

It should be legal to kill these people off.

Last season was fucking great. This one sucks so far but they can't all be winners. People have been saying anime's dying for decades now, it's 90% hindsight bias.

>Season just started
>BAWWW anime is done

Mods delete this shit thread

It's been that way for the past 2 seasons.

This season is way better than the last

Underrated

I'm getting reports of almost everything getting sold in the first two hours and there are still people that can't get inside.

Reminder to take what the anime-bronies say with a grain of salt, they said the same things about MLP back when they were regular bronies.