Explain how believing god is not a mental illness

Explain how believing god is not a mental illness

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xQVbBjgBS6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Explain why you never call out any religion other than Christianity for believing in a God.

Because it's "close" to them therefore they can't call out the giant elephant in the room.

But chopping your dick off and growing tits is "scientific" evidence yer a woman? Neck yourself.

Becuase the evangelical Christians in America are generally terrible people who vote agaisnt their countries best interests

True. Catholics in particular vote predominantly Democrat. We need to uncuck Christianity and get them voting conservative again.

>Evolutionists when they get questioned on abiogenesis

>hurr durr it just happened when lightning struck the water that fell from asteroids and amino acids created themselves and formed information transmitting chemical reactions and formed cells over billions of years, it sounds good to us therefore it's proof.

>if you don't believe us youre a retarded biblethumper

funny how they never realize they operate in the same dogmatic schema as fundamental Christians, touting their presumptions as settled facts and disparaging any who question their views as ignorant of it's concepts.

>their countries best interests

which is?

>the evangelical Christians in America are generally terrible people

fuckoff kike

>mfw science is used as an avenue to shit on theology.

>tfw to intlliegnt to believe i evolved from a rock

Nah, the Catholic vote needs to be split by race. White Catholics vote Republican.

>OP strawmanning all Christians as creationists

Religion is more of a cultural norm. Even larpers in Sup Forums don't really believe in any religious magic. Non-insane religious people are all deists deep down, even if they recited their myths every now and then. None of them really expects supernatural powers to aid them, even though they might play with the idea for encouragement to do something themselves.

They hate Christian morality and civilizations based around Christendom.

Christians are history's winners, thereby to hate them seems like a revolutionary act.

How does evolution being real affect a belief in god?
There is literally no way to know whether or not a god exists so how is atheism any different from a religion

They vote for corporations and wealthy neo cons to raid the coffers at the expense of the middle class

Nice strawman.
Op said believing in God, not a particular religion.

No it’s just the crazy Christian fundamentalist have political power and they usually vote for terrible economic policies that don’t reflect their upbringing to help the less fortunate

Atheism is a source of degeneracy it needs to be stomped out. As soon as the Christian values of America went down the toilet so did our country I fucking hate atheists they ruin everything

The image clearly says "spout Bible verses", not "religious versus", "Qur'an verses", "Talmud verses", or any other kind of verse.

humans are naturally religious

It is, so what, faith is comforting. Praise Jesus.

Not to mention the "John 3:16" bit. Learn to read.

>Even larpers in Sup Forums don't really believe in any religious magic
I was a dyed-in-the-wool atheist my whole life until I decided to start believing in religious magic, so you're wrong fingol

The funny thing is society and the architecture of the universe is based on hermetic principles that indicate creation through mathematics and electromagnetic frequencies which are actively passing information through ratios found in every aspect of creation which we perceive as symmetry and divine beauty.

but the atheistic arrogance implies everything and accident or subject to random chance over immeasurable and impossible to test or verify lengths of time and distance.

Because "god" as a concept can mean many things and believing in something is never a mental illness, it can maybe considered a slight delusion at best.

>believving in something is never a mental illness
Traps and trannies believe they are women

OP confirmed first year physics major. Yawn, nothing to see here but dark stupidity.

>They vote for corporations

so does everyone when they buy things from stores and purchase gasoline.

>wealthy neo cons to raid the coffers at the expense of the middle class.

implying liberals don't do the same , "neo cons" are obviously not tradcons, yet people will vote for what reflects their values, at least neo cons try to appeal to them, while democratic liberals make no attempt to show they even give a fuck about them or their values.

Catholics should also be split by region. Catholics are everywhere (mainly in the NE) which is not the case for, let's say... southern baptists.

Yeah delusional, it's their actions that define if they're mentally ill or not.

I am 35 and never had a single spiritual moment in my life. The whole thing is bullshit. What kind of man needs religion or some book to dictate how he lives his life? The mere idea morality isnt subjective is laughable

Explain how thinking is not a mental illness

>terrible economic policies that don’t reflect their upbringing to help the less fortunate

nonchristians interpret christianity to mean give man fish rather than teach him to fish. Then demand Christians to adhere to their godless presumptions.

>thinking the only way to help the less fortunate is by gunpoint of the state to take tax dollars from people to give to others. Because that's Christian to the receivers of gibs, yet they demand separation of Church and state in every other social issue.

>it’s just the crazy Christian fundamentalist have political power

No it's Jews.

you do realise evolution and religion are both believe-based ?

But they first have to believe they are not something... men.

No, evolution is based om science whereas Christianity is a load of shit thay tells things like :
1. You have a soul that lives forever
2. Magic exists
3. There is a giant in the sky who grants wishes

>never had a single spiritual moment in my life.
>The whole thing is bullshit.

>never had a romantic moment before
>therefore it's all bullshit

>What kind of man needs religion or some book to dictate how he lives his life

The kind that seeks to learn from hose that came before with some humility for their experience rather than the man who thinks his experience is all that matters.

>The mere idea morality isnt subjective is laughable

Which is why society degenerates when the presence of the impious is lef unchecked, they spout their twisted godless doctrines preaching subjective individual morals and ext thing you know you have a dead civilization where concepts like honor or integrity have no basis in higher ideals.

Because fuck it, it's all relative and subjective, there is no god, so who cares what happens unless it's met by an apparent opposing force or threat.

Pro Tip: You can`t.

This is the same format as someone denying racial IQ

>1. You have a soul that lives forever
This is true though

Do you have any proof of this? Nope? Then until you produve evidence.backing up your assertion I have to conclude it is bunk.

Which mental illness is it?

>is based om science
give me one , just one example of one specie that have 'evolved'
give me an entire chain , from A to Z , i mean there are billions of species , surely we managed to follow one without a 'oops we have a missing uknown race here'
>also you can't mention that bird that grew a beak , because that was adaptation and not evolution

Have any proof of this? I for one have never seen a soul nor have I ever seen a reason to believe we have one. Can you tell me why you believe men have a soul and we arent just animals?

Hearing a fairytale and telling fairytales is perfectly normal. Believing a fairytale is true is not a mental illness, it's just childish.

The theory for abiogenesis is a bit more robust than the bible, m8. But nice god of the gaps argument, goober

Because having beliefs different than you it's not a mental illness.

Being gay ain't a sickness either but it was treated as such, just like religion is now.

Religion is the new gay.

Sure thing. Why do you think you a new flu vaccine yearly?

Show me the evidence for darwinian evolution. I need an observed animal going from one kind to another.
Hard mode: admit carbon dating is based on the presupposition of an old earth

believing in god is vastly different from "taking everything at face value from someone from any of the million branches of different religions' preachers"
science is still at its infancy

>what is adaptation

Thanks for proving OP right, faggot.

Hello dumbass

Most world religions are creationist with a different creation canon. There's nothing in the OP that specifically mentions christianity, or even implies it.

>The theory for abiogenesis is a bit more robust than the bible
It relies on the spontanious polymerization of nucleic acids and amino acids. That would literally take divine intervention

>Atheism is self correcting, it can only prosper in a developed society where resources and relationships founded by cultural bonds founded in common kindred spirituality can be readily exploited..

But what's hilarious is Athieests think moral relativism is all god until they're staring pure evil in the face, and immediately find themselves begging for that foundation of civilized "humanty" to protect them from the apathetic.

Consider the "good Samaritan laws" these are founded in Christian theology, same as phrases like my Brothers keeper, or love thy neighbor, labour of love.

youtube.com/watch?v=xQVbBjgBS6A

I call them all out. They’re all ridiculous. Here in the United States of Dumbshits, Christian cults dominate so they’re what usually get the ridicule.

It's funny how atheists always say that evolution is "proved". It's a theory.

because there's only christians on this board

The old testament is canon in all the abrahamic religions, including judaism and islam

Any number of mental illnesses, bipolar disorder, manic depressive, manias, traumas etc.

Christcucks BTFO

Because we already know other religions are retarded. You haven't accepted that Christianity is as well.

Darwin was a christian and remained one until the day he died. If physical observation condradicts your interpretation of the bible, then the interpretation is wrong. Besides, the notion of biblical infalability is at odds with himself. The bible was transcribed, put together, and translated by fallable men.

Your phrasing of the question reveals that you're a brainlet. You should have asked "explain how following any institutionalized religion is not a mental illness".

The religious part of the brain can be activated and deactivated by pulsing magnetic waves, therefore it is a feature of the brain, and not a flaw.

Absolutely..Christians like Trump, Roy Moore, Ted Haggard, Larry Craig, Jim Bakker etc etc etc...all success stories.

Reading this was physically painful.
Google "scientific theory".

>"Spout bible verses"
>John 3:16
And you monkeys say Christians are stupid

>Show me the evidence
Fossil record. Full stop.

>going from one kind to another.
>MUH CHANGE OF KINDS
If you do not understand how a multitude of small variations add up to a large variation, there's nothing we can do for you.
Take the light spectrum in pic related.
At which point does red become orange?
And when does that become yellow?
Why not 1px more to the left or to the right?

Then again, why am I arguing with a creationist? You're literally the most retarded ""kind"" on the planet.

Believing in something with absolutely zero proof or evidence, when all logic and proof points to simpler solutions than the one you've made up, is a mental illness.

>You religious people believe in fairy tales because your minds are weak!
>Now listen. The origin of life is that nothing exploded and became something for no reason, then a bunch of rocks rubbed together until they became dinosaurs. This has to be the truth, because Science says so.

I was thinking precisely the same thing about Christians. Fight me pussy...my atheistic ass will meet you by the bike racks at noon and I’ll kick your fucking Christian ass. I’ll make you cry like an infant.

Because you can see what happens to society when it stops believing God. Just look at the west. Degeneracy everywhere. You think your leaders don't believe in God? They worship the devil!

>implying the truth doesnt lie between creationism and evolution

>ITT: people who jump to criticize others for inferring their belief system onto OP when really the criticism comes from some retard with 0 attention span and a quick fuse.

I for myself would expect more rationality from my fellow white man (this critique includes moronic ersatz religions like leftist liberalism).

Nignogs and mudslimes may believe in their Gods as much as they like, everything else is beyond their mental horizon anyway...

>dodging this hard
Just admit the evidence is faulty, but your anti-god perspective forces you to believe in a pointless evolution

A faulty neon light that emits ultraviolet instead of visible light and blinds everyone in the room can also be turned on and off with a switch.

If god hasn’t reached you by now, you’re probably a huge faggot and he doesn’t plan on it. Kys

> trump
> Christian

Cletus pls lmao

carbon dating is largely inaccurate

>shows an image where several claims have been corrected over time
>bible has never been corrected because it is infallible
>he doesn't see the image is helping his opponents
Sad!

>evocucks BTFO

Evolution is the saddest meme on the planet

>What kind of man needs religion or some book to dictate how he lives his life?
>what is the constitution

Americans are subhuman

Yeah, nothing says failure like US presidency

*tibs fedora*

Christian’s are the dumbest mother fuckers on earth...they voted for Trump didn’t they???? See...told ya so.

No, the evidence is not faulty, nor am I particularly "anti-god".
I honestly wouldn't give a shit about you and your fairy tales, if your kind stopped trying to impede scientific progress because of muh christian morals. See stem cell research.

Luckily at least no one in Europe is retarded enough to refute evolution and try to get creationism taught in classes, so that's a specific flavor of mental illness that remains contained to the US.

because energy can not be created nor destroyed
even science says that the soul is forever

explain gravity and how and why it works in exact terms
pro tip: you can't, no one can....it's fucking magic

the lord helps those who help themselves
the creator gave us all free will
what caused the big bang?
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

hurr i evolved from a rock durr

> gravity is magic
> the soul is energy because I say it is
lmao

>if your kind stopped trying to impede scientific progress because of muh christian morals
you realize that islam is ~a billion times more restrictive on anything scientific than catholicism has ever been.
and again, your lumpin all christians into catholic branches or the even more fervoric ones.

> karina hart

God damnit mongol, I might break my nofap

How will christcucks recover???

Or you know, a potentially massive range of possible processes that don't require magic.

>We don't know how something happened
>must be god wot dun it

A patient that exhibits one single symptom of a mental disorder would never be clinically diagnosed with that disorder. It would be considered malpractice. There are multiple reasons why "religious beliefs" are not diagnosed as disorders. OP is not presenting a groundbreaking argument.

They aren't interested in the truth

>he thinks that his dying body giving heat off to the environment means is soul will live forever
>he thinks because science hasn't figured out gravity yet, it has to be skydaddy magic
>he believes in free will
Imagine not only being this stupid but also never realising it.

Don't require magic, just need winning the Powerball every year for a billion years kind of luck