Is it true the "flaw" was in fact a backdoor built for intelligence agencies on purpose?

Is it true the "flaw" was in fact a backdoor built for intelligence agencies on purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper_chip
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
itpeernetwork.intel.com/intel-at-2-0-the-next-generation-of-antitheft/
github.com/crozone/SpectrePoC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

go read the vault 7 wiki leaks

If it was why would they be telling us about it?

legend has it there's 2 things wrong one of which is a legit flaw the other a backdoor

Yes.

link? i have no clue what that is

It could be hackers figured out how to get in through the back door, so then they came out and say it's a flaw.

Good thing I'm still using a 386

>being surprised that the ME is a spook backdoor

user, I-

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper_chip

tfw still using power Mac g3

The state of the world.

this.
it's all been compromised for decades.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine
I had no clue there was such a detailed wikipedia article on this. but yeah, it's a fairly public backdoor.

what Wiki doesn't mention is that there's a 3G chip as well, and you can command an Intel CPU to remotely erase a hard drive via 3G SMS poison pill message

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

yes

you can use a search engine and type "vault 7 leaks" yourself

as if

are the raspberry pi systems compromised?
>probably a MI6 project

how does this even affect me if i have an old as fuck 2500k and never update my drivers my pc is pretty much just a Sup Forums and fap-station

Yes it was the CIA using Ancient Ice Giant technology

What OS do you use?

Every Intel processor from 1995 onward is affected.

This is just my take on it, but I work in the industry so probably worth sharing. Last week we had begun to receive less than credible warnings(or so we thot) that
> a devastating new attack has been discovered. Its only rumours in hacker circles at this point but from what ive seen this appears to be very real and very dangerous. You should be hearing about it officially next week, just a heads up.

Just a week later, here we are. So yeah, im fairly certain this is exactly what happened. Also, not surprised. This exact scenario has been the greatest argument against such back doors.

Good this will make tracking and logging the activities of Shareblue types much easier for the Trump govt. All traitors must hang.

Trump unfucking everything, the bribe and kickbacks are ending

>If it was why would they be telling us about it?
Because wikileaks and hackers have been talking about this for months, and the normies caught wind.

You need to go back to where you came from and never return.

yes, so? you really think some random researchers find this shit but NOT the ten thousand engineers building the chips?

Very basically, Intel cpus don't check for permissions and privileges while pre-executing code. This is so completely stupid, it boggle the mind of absolutely everyone.

Here's Meltdown exploit (and yes, it is very simple)
LINE 1: Fetch data from the kernel.
LINE 2: Depending on the value of that data, fetch other, legal data. If the bit is 0, fetch that; If the bit is 1, fetch that.

Normally, the cpu would never execute LINE 1. It would simply say "stop right here, criminal scum, you don't have the right to access kernel data!". And that's effectively what happens. But unfortunately, while LINE 1 is executed, the cpu pre-execute LINE 2. This include fetching the other, legal data into the cache.

Now you simply check what is in the cache by timing the access to that data. Congratulation. You just broke every permission and privilege ever.

So the victim just has to download a file and execute it, allowing the attacker to do anything they want on the computer? And the only way to prevent this is buy AMD?

No Thats just retarded. The backdoor is the ARM SoC on your motherboard

Well meltdown certainly seems like it is a backdoor. By AMD.

*buy

I wonder what chip Hillary’s server had?

My tinfoil says that there were multiple backdoors.
This one was intel's own private entrance, which they kept as a security liability because mitigating would decrease performance, demand a great deal of effort in men hours, and cost, all the while the risk management by obscurity was good enough. If you think about, it held for 10 years, maybe 20. That's actually impressive now that every hacker in the world will be thinking, it was that simple? we had that all along?

>The backdoor is the ARM SoC on your motherboard
ding ding ding! Intel has these since '09 I think, AMD has them since 2013

This shit is old news. Do you faggots frequent any other board other than this shit hole? Sup Forums has been talking about it for at least a year. It's in every new cpu not just Intel.

Zilog

Why is morning Sup Forums so much more retarded than night Sup Forums?

It's certainly not out of the question. Good luck proving it though.

I thought this was common knowledge?

This is the true backdoor. Anything to do with Management Engine has government influences. HOWEVER. This is not the hardware exploit that allows processes to read kernel memory. That's just the Shintel engineers fucking up badly and downplaying it as best as possible.

>just download a file and execute it
No it can be done through the browser, but it's not about gaining access to the system as much as stealing data such as passwords, it's basically a keylogger.
No one really knows for sure which specific CPUs are affected and which are not, since this is an exploit of the basic way your CPU is supposed to work. It's honestly amazing it wasn't discovered much earlier because it's as old as multi-threaded CPUs have been around.

It could be a simple as visiting a website with malicious javascript in it. AMD is also affected by spectre and this cannot be fixed.

Shills start early. We have been told the third shift has left over talking points and no leaders to alter or change things so shills are easier to deal with in the evenings.

>No one really knows for sure which specific CPUs are affected and which are not
All CPUs that do speculative/out-of-order execution are potentially affected. At least some AMD, Intel, ARM and PowerPC processors among others have been shown to be vulnerable.

shills, tired shitposting yuropoors and retarded mutts that just woke up. I do agree that american (night time /pol) is better tho

wow vlad, you seem to know a lot about all of this hacking business :^)

No this is a problem embedded into the chip structure itself. It can work below the operating system level. Its already in every Intel CPU. However, you are better off buying AMD because it is not affected by meltdown. AMD is still affected by spectre, but that is less of a backdoor as it requires more specialized knowledge and is sort of luck based.

Because it fairly recently was found out and sold online, and now it’s in the wind.
So they either come clean, or chinks can abuse this.

If you can imagine the evil, more than likely it's already being used.

wouldn't it have been found sooner if it was in vault 7? vault7 came out 2 years ago now?

also bear in mind ME is a separate thing to the thing this week

pretty sure the chip on the mobo does not have 3G chip on it, but if your laptop has a 3g modem, it can use it as you write

yeah it was big news back when the fucking leaks happened in march. what you're seeing now is normies coming out of thier haze

Probably just a way for the CEO to sell all of his stocks for high prices, and buy them back for even lower prices.

Oy vey, you must be new at this. This is a poor attempt at subversion.

vault 7 happened in march. like all other wikileak shit MSM downplayed it and normies ignored it

Also spectre is not as much of a threat because it is more difficult to use and doesn't give as good results.

Intel started intergrating spy software in the early 2000's. You cannot find it without advanced knowledge of cpu's, but it is there. This spying program runs on a level below the bios.
> t. Intel engineer

>People have been saying the government forced companies into backdoors in hardware for years.
>A researcher finds out it exists.
>Company sates "oopsies, haha. Would you believe our chipsets had a security/privacy flaw for 50 years? XD"

Can /pol just STOP being right so much?

70% of probability you are right

meant for

>Is it true the "flaw" was in fact a backdoor built for intelligence agencies on purpose?
Yes. Nothing happens that isn't supposed to happen. Nothing! Look into it.

Bingo . get this man a beer.

>chips dating back to 1995 are compromised
>c. 1995
>oh, when Bill Clinton was president?

Really makes you think

POL IS RIGHT ONCE AGAIN!!!

What if I clear all of my history, including passwords and shit?

No. AMD uses different specs retard.

If it did , AMD and Intel would be the same company....

this is why we'll never win. Normies are fucking subhuman

>pretty sure the chip on the mobo does not have 3G chip on it, but if your laptop has a 3g modem, it can use it as you write
itpeernetwork.intel.com/intel-at-2-0-the-next-generation-of-antitheft/

Written by mschulien | June 30, 2010

With the latest release of Intel Antitheft (AT 2.0) it is now possible to brick (lock up) a PC and delete the disk encryption keys - rendering not just the PC inoperable, but locking access to the data on the hard drive so that even swapping the hard drive into another PC and using the original user credentials will not allow access to the data. This is accomplished via AT utilizing the UUID (Unique User ID) of the platform and the user credentials to gain access to the data. the UUID is unique to the platform and cannot be hacked into another platform, the IT department does have the ability through the management vendor of reloading a UUID into the AT Management Engine (ME) in the case of a failed Mother board - this requires an authorized representative of the IT department contact the Managment vendor and verify authentication of both the machine his/her identity.

With our newest partner WinMagic it is now possible to offer Pre-Boot Authentication (PBA), Customizable Message Recovery Screen along with Full Disk Encryption (FDE) and storage/deletion of the encryption keys in the Intel AT Management Engine. The ability to send the "Poison Pill" via an SMS (3G) message for immediate lock down of the PC is also supported in AT 2.0 via several 3G hardware solutions.

ah it feels like so long ago
open source hardware when?

Also, look into the timing of NAFTA and the work of the International Intellectual Property Alliance. But hey, I'm sure the timing is just coincidental.

What are you talking about? Meltdown only affects Intel but Spectre affects Intel, AMD, and ARM.

this is liberal levels of projection

Amiga masterrace here

>tfw my most prized possesion on the internet is my runescape acc.
Ill be fine

In 94 Apple were developing a superior chip to intel with IBM. Then Apple basically crashed due to manufacturing/order backlogs. In steps up the Mac Clone Win 95 and Intel. Just throwing this out not really making a claim here.

>AMD
The pre-fetching thing is just a lazy intel "oversight" that conveniently happen to improve performance vs competing products.

yet i got digits and you didn't, faggot

>The ability to send the "Poison Pill" via an SMS (3G) message for immediate lock down of the PC is also supported in AT 2.0 via several 3G hardware solutions.

yeah, this is if the laptop comes with 3G

I wonder if there's a magic packet that can do the same thing if your computer is plugged into a network, better pull out the ethernet cable at night

You can literally run the example code on your own AMD processor right now. Go ahead, it only takes less than a minute to set up.
github.com/crozone/SpectrePoC

yeah, but what is the output worth?

It's to see if your processor is susceptible to spectre, hence "proof of concept"

Suprised so many anons dont already know about this.

Where were you all last year?!

Follow the sun.

It shows that if are able to run a similar exploit on a web browser, lets say in the form of a javascript, the attacker could potentially sniff all the sensitive data in your browser's memory. All the passwords you've typed, all the credit card information, all the encrypted communication you're doing over HTTPS.

I mean, pretty much everyone has a processor susceptible to Spectre. So I get your point, but actually using the output to gain meaningful intel is the hard part.

No, that's the "fix".

No. The flaw is new. The backdoor is intel ME. This one anyone can use. To get speed increases, they 'predict' what youll type, including passwords and other senstivie information. To predict it though, they have to decrypt it somewhere on cache. This lets it be vulnverable to exploits by anyone with the tools to access it.

If you already have a backdoor built in from ME, why would you intentionally make an exploit that ANYONE can access? They fucked up trying to beat AMD on paper, didnt QA enough or care and ended with a larger fuck up than Pentium 4 ever was.

this, so it's really only as useful as the tangible value of your activities are to a dataminer

Was this just a way to ensure that future users will be forced to have to buy new PCs?
Bidniz iz bidniz!

give me the link buddy, too lazy to google that...and it propably gives me liek 1000 results so.

i was reading 2600 when i was 15, this shit has been widely known for years

also 2600 turned to libfag shit after occupy wallstreet

A single variant of spectre may in some cases affect some AMD cpu's, and it can be patched. Probably already is in many cases.

Meanwhile, Intel leaks like a garden hose on full tilt, with any type of exploit you try, and its actually unfixable because it's like that at a hardware level. You can't even patch it.

googleprojectzero blogspot se/2018/01/reading-privileged-memory-with-side.html
TL;DR plebbit summarises: "the only variant that is proven to effect amd is variant 1, and only if the kernel is compiled with eBPF JIT enabled (which isnt the default, and very likely only ever enabled by some cloud computing vendors)"

>Intel
With Jews you lose.

That is the way of things. Major red-pilled hackers do cool shit, shitlib zog niggers get wind of it and stick their nose in.

Major red-pilled hackers move on while the shitlibs stay. Circle of jerk life.

AMD is a HUGE multi-national company - I highly doubt that they aren't obliged to provide a "backdoor" too.
Reminds me of the eternal AMD vs Intel "wars".

You got it all backwards. The intel exploit (meltdown) is the one that is relatively easy to patch. The other exploit (spectre) that affects pretty much all modern CPUs can't probably ever be fully patched. Some programs like web browsers can do things to make using the exploit with javascript harder, but the vulnerability will still be there.

Why can't some people understand that there's significance in the choices of names? Meltdowns can be handled, generally speaking, but how the fuck are you supposed to handle a spectre?

Check out all these Intel niggers in here muddying the waters, NO it's a scumfucking Intel flaw, neck yourself already.

I don't think you quite understand the nature of speculative execution.

Think of it like a fork in the road; when the computer has ample resources, it can travel down and map out both paths for you in advance to speed up your journey when you (the program) finally decide which path to go down.

This flaw however, means that when the computer is mapping out the path, it ignores any "Restricted area" signs even though it ought not to have permission to travel there.

Someone correct me if my simple analogy is incorrect.

You just responded to a tinfoil troll. Congratulations for being so dense.

A600 ftw, the never had one & they never knew