Violet Evergarden

How long until Kyoani will save anime once and forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/4er59
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/Sl1uGNZcJUTp4LWe5c8zCQ/
webmshare.com/play/4er59
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/"communication disorder "/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/violet/special/tameshiyomi/01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Violet Nevergarden

Is that Saber?

KyoAni's dead and buried, Maid Dragon was the last nail to their coffin

Kyoani Saber best saber

>Kyoani anything is best anything
No shit, Sherlock

If every episode isn't movie quality I am going to be incredibly disappointed.

I really didn't like how every scene had a filter stamped to it in the preview, I hope they don't abuse that shit.

Fuck off, Maid Dragon was ok. The only mistakes Kyoani has ever made are Phaton World and Free!.

What ultimatemegax said?
Is it worth watching?

oh sweet denial

TIME HEALS ALL SORROWS

>you will never see her long lace-up boots gently stepped onto the decayed leaves floating on the water surface. That one moment. That one second. That one picture. The scene as clear as a photography was engraved into memory. A girl with a swinging umbrella and a fluttering skirt, stepping onto the surface of a lake. Just like a sorceress.
>you will never see her again, when the leaves that fall in autumn gather together on the water surface

Not all I'm afraid.

This could just be a show about the girls sitting around having a farting contest and as long as it looks as good as the PV I'd watch the shit out of it

Some fag igoing to be claiming it's shit even if the story is garbage but the visuals are astounding, and then he's going to think he likes animation.

>This could just be a show about the girls sitting around having a farting contest
DON'T

>episodic garbage
I think OP is obsessed with VE because he thinks it looks pretty, and he's like a small child or animal that is impressed by shiny things.

This is why everyone despise animation fags. They normalise shit taste and shit content.

Literally nothing wrong with episodic structure if writing is god tier.
It will be like Jinrui by Tanaka Romeo but much better because Kyoani's Chuu2 >>> Tanaka Romeo's AURA

You can't have "god tier" episodic writing.
You either don't know episodic means, or you have downs.

An episodic story is made solely because the written is not skilled enough to manage a conjoined story with interconnected plot points.

You're basically trying to say short stories are equal to novels.

Evergarden looks like some melodramatic bullshit a la hibike s2. I can already hear the "at least it looks pretty"

>An episodic story is made solely because the written is not skilled enough to manage a conjoined story with interconnected plot points.

Your autism is showing.

Said the nervous man for the fifth time.

I'm excited. It looks interesting, and the visuals are nice. We will see how it turns out.
webmshare.com/4er59

The irony is that you are giving a few word non-answer with ad hominem. Autism is a communication disorder where you can not relay information to others or receive it. Now, tell me how you're not the one who's autistic.

Phaton World was fun and looked good, unlike Maid Dragon

At least it looks great which already makes it better than any other anime that looks not so great.

>You can't have "god tier" episodic writing.
Says who? If the writing is good its good.

No need to reply to the same post more than once.

And says the fact a sling shot can't beat a gun.
You actually need structure, details and complexity to build a good story.
You can't build a real character or story with no actual substance.
An episodic story can't build a real plot because the plot resets constantly, as dose the character development.

Do you even know what the term means?

>Phaton World was fun and looked good
The opposite.

Fuck off ACK

It's a short "meme" way of saying what you said is stupid. C'mon, I know your not new enough to not know this.

I'm not the first user. i just don't see what you mean by saying, in effect, there is no good episodic writing. I do indeed know what the term means. Episodic writing is simply a long narrative which is broken into smaller pieces. Most anime is episodic. I would certainty agree with you if you said that episodic writing can be difficult to do well, but it doesn't seem like that's what you mean.
Did you know, Charles Dickens wrote all (I believe) of his books in episodes, which were then compiled into full volumes after final release? His work is good. There are plenty of examples of exceptional episodic writing.
I think you are in fact being a smartass and using the term episodic differently but never saying that outright. Episodic works can (and tend to) have a overarching narrative or arc, arcs need not be constrained to each episode. Even still, there are examples of good writing of the latter.
I think you're being a cunt for no good reason and frankly, I don't understand it. I guess I really ought to chock it up to some faggot on a Mongolian basket weaving forum, but somehow I'd rather not, I think you're better than that.

Each story in VEG builds up the main theme Akatsuki tells about Violet herself.

Phantom World was everything that Maid Dragon wasn't. It looked great, the humor and fanservice were balanced and it was a good adaptation the source material, not just a shitty rehashing of a manga into an anime.

>It's a short "meme" way of saying what you said is stupid
Nope, it's not. It's just that people misuse all the time because they don't know any better and just parrot what people say to them.

>I'm not the first user.
You just confirmed you are.
>Most anime is episodic.
And there you just confirmed you have no idea what episodic means.
Episodic anime are the vast minority and are often only used on kids shows like precure.

It's time

This. Phantom World is a modern masterpiece, the Munto of our times.

Phantom World had bland characters unlike Maid Dragon.

Are you just seeking conflict? You've done this in the last few VEG threads and your posts are as empty as your head.

But user, Kyaoni source material can't have characters worse than non-Kyoani one.

I am in fact this user only. Pic related.
Clearly, there is no point in discussing this with you. Although it was initially apparent, you are unwilling to have an actual conversation and seeking out disagreement.
I don't know what your problem is user, but I suggest you sleep it off. Make sure to pull your head out of your asshole before you do though, because I image it'll be uncomfortable. Although seeing as how you seem so used to that position, perhaps it won't be an issue for you.
Good night.

I think Maid Dragon's characters are equally bland. They both have a cast made up of cliches, the harem protag MC and the OL, the big tittied onee-chan, the ojou-sama, etc etc. A lesbian loli with one gag isn't a brilliant character.

PW shone in its scenarios. Maid Dragon did the same cliche episodes as PW, but they weren't nearly as unique and memorable. Look at the PW's festival episode compared with Maid Dragons.

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/Sl1uGNZcJUTp4LWe5c8zCQ/
!Akemi, why do you get so triggered and mad when people catch you samefagging? I guess you are a standard KyoAni shitposter and you will be in all threads with their shows. Hey, have you notice how every single thing on that retarded bingo chart is wrong? Because it is not rational the only things listed there are the standard responses to your shitposting. And like always, you are the only person in the world who thinks those screen shots mean anything. You are the only one who posts them. The only one.

Have you tried actually reading it. If you can't understanding, you might just be mentally defective. Because it's very simple.

Can we discuss Violet Evergarden? Isn't that what this thread's about? What's with all the shitposting faggots trying to derail?
Look, a webm of the show! webmshare.com/play/4er59
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! RELEVANT!
There are some anons out there who know a lot more about this show than I do. Would they care to discuss?
Don't reply to him, he wants (You)'s.

She's just attention whoring.

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/"communication disorder "/

No, actually I don't want your attention, I want you dead and rotting in the ground, never to ruin threads on this site again. Pretty much the exact opposite of wanting your attention.

Evidently the novel has won awards? Would any user recommend reading it? Is it even translated?

>replying to your own post
>being this retarded
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
>communication disorder
Right on the page, retard.

The fact you are trying to use the definition of term as a way to identify people is insane.

>durrr i think someone is ack so that gives me the right to spam derail any thread I want with meta
No, and the fact you think being able to explain yourself and being able to detail and argument means you are mad means you are literally autistic.

It won KyoAni's grand prize award, the first winner for it.

>it's another "Kyoani isn't the best anime studio of all time" episode

>ack

You mean Akemi?

Ah, interesting. So is that why it was chosen to be adapted?
Also, I guess that means it has merit. I guess I'll read it then. Should probably anyways if I'm going to see the anime.

People compared it to Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde books. Yes, it THAT good.

I'm conflicted. On one hand they've proven to have good taste in material(Hibike, Maidragon) so VEG being the first winner could have some meaning.
On the other hand they still published and greenlit shit like Phantom World though.

Ah yes. The KyoAni grand prize winner. The prize, that is given from KyoAni to the winner..that wins the prize and.. it's grand hence grand prize title. Hmm.

Do you want me to paste the pasta?
( Y / N )?

Wow. Impressive if true.
Is it just me, or are we seeing a rise in notably better quality LN's? Youjo Senki and this (from what you say) come to mind. Hopefully the trend continues, especially since LN's are popular adaption material.

Sure. More people should know how good Kyoani writing is.

>Sometimes there are works of fiction where you feel that the author has honed his skills for his entire life just to bring that story to reality. I felt it with Tolstoy’s “War & Peace”, got a glimpse of it in Dostoevsky’s “Crime & Punishment” and got completely overwhelmed by it in Violet Evergarden. From the authentic-sounding ancient Japanese prose, to a meticulously constructed alternate history of early 20th century and carefully researched work of a real maid; you simply can’t make a story so vast and this profound unless you sacrifice majority of your life researching and contemplating the subject matter. Violet Evergardenis a masterpiece, and it sends shivers down my spine just imagining what Kana Akatsuki, a certified housemaid and by no means a professional writer, had to go through to bring this grand work to life.

I haven't liked a single one of their own LN adaptations. I hope their grand winner isn't lousy too.

Great. But need to say, she is NOT a maid and she clearly told her Master about it.

So its a joke? That's too bad. But its at least good, right?
Should I bother reading it?

There's a sample of it on the site. See if you like it or not.
kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/violet/special/tameshiyomi/01/

Do you want user to wipe your ass after pooping, too?

Okay, ready or not, here comes the grand prize winner!

>Not even while being a machine girl can she be left with wet clothes. As a change of clothes was necessary, she lay a bathrobe around her supposedly perfect body and headed for the bathroom. It had been a while since anyone other than Oscar regularly used it, so in a lapse of memory, he entered it without knocking and ended up seeing her while she was had not changed yet.

>“Ah, I’m sor… ry… eh?”

>He swallowed his breath due to perplexity.

>“EEEH?!”

>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.

>Her artificial arms consisted of metal rings from the shoulders to the fingertips. But it was only them. Despite the many scratches, other than the arms, the rest was surprisingly real skin. With that delicate body, she did not seem at all like a mechanical doll, but a relatively normal human being.

>With everything he had believed in until then being mantled over by the shocking revelation, Oscar tried to confirm what he was seeing many times.

>“Master.” Violet called with a voice that seemed to be judging him as he continued to ogle in astonishment.

>The study that was also a bedroom had Oscar’s previously worn clothes and a pan with leftovers from his last meal all over the floor in a disastrous fashion. Simply put, there had been no space for even one foot to step inside.

>Violet gazed at him with her big pupils. “You called me here with the place in this condition?” her eyes seemed to say.

>“I’m sorry…”

>It was clear that it was not a room someone would work in. Ever since he became alone, he had not used the living room, which was why it was still clean, but the bedroom he frequently entered and exited, the kitchen and the bathroom were in atrocious state.

>Oscar thought he was glad Violet was a mechanical doll. Her body age seemed to be from someone in her 10’s to her mid-20’s; he did not wish to show something so embarrassing to a real woman that young. Even though he was getting old, for a man, it was just deplorable.

>“Master, I’m a secretary, not a maid.” She said as she contradictorily pulled out of her bag a white frilly apron, willingly proceeding to tidy everything up.

>The first day was over just like that.

>On the second day, the two of them sat in the study and started their work. Oscar lay on his bed while Violet sat on a chair and used the typewriter on the desk.

>“She… said:” as Oscar dictated, a blind touch silently wrote down each letter with terrifying speed. He observed, thoroughly surprised. “Pretty… fast, huh.”

user said it's completely different from real deal, just badly translated.

>Oscar had Violet put on clothes that imitated his main character and asked her if she could play around a little at the lakeshore. He had already made her do cleaning, laundry and other house chores, and on top of it, asked for such a favor. It was as if she was a factotum.

>Even as Violet was a percipient professional woman, she mused in surprise, “What a troublesome person…”

>"Your hair color…may be a little different, but it’s blond, just like my daughter was. If you put on a one-piece, surely…”

>“Master, I am but a secretary. An Auto-Memories Doll. I’m not your wife or concubine. Nor can I become a replacement.”

>“I-I know that. I wouldn’t have that kind of interest in a girl like you. It’s just… your appearance…if my daughter was alive, I think…she’d have grown into someone sort of like that.”

>Violet’s firm rejection crumbled at that.

>“I really did think you were being too stubborn…so your young lady has passed away?” she bit her lip lightly. Her face seemed to show her conscience was conflicted.

>During these few days, Oscar had become able to understand one thing about her. That is, how Violet would stick to what was considered ‘righteous’ when she was torn between good or bad things.

>“I’m an Auto-Memories Doll…I want to grant my clients’ wishes… but this one violates my work regulations…”

>She behaved as if she was inwardly wrestling with herself, and although Oscar felt bad for it, he tried one last time. “If you could build the image of the girl as a grown-up, coming back home, ready to fulfill her promise, my will to write will soon be revived. It’s true. If you want a reward, I can give anything. I can pay double your original price. This story is really precious to me. I want to finish writing it, and make it my life’s milestone. Please.”

>“But...I…am not a dress-up doll…”

>“Then I won’t take photos or anything of the sort.”

>“You had intended to?”

No, I'd like him to recommend the fucking novel you fucking prick. I'm not asking anything special.
With all the shitposting in this goddamn thread I don't know what to think about it. I'm not obsessed with fucking studios like you faggots are, I just want to know if its worth my time. From what i see of this thread, I'd assume its garbage and God will be by tommorow to sen everyone involved to Hell personally, after a sound beating.
So fuck the fuck off you massive cockhead. If the user inquestion has an issue with my asking, he can tell me to take a hike himself, you meddling fucking cunt.

Objectively wrong.

Wow user you just got motherfucking told. This is what happens when you were being rude. Next time stop being so goddamn smug about your little special group.

Why do you keep replying to the same post multiple times?
You're still wrong.

Thanks user, I think I will read it after all, if only to be caught up when the anime drops. Doesn't seem particularly special, but I'm not entirely sure these anons are being fair with their harsh criticisms. Hopefully the anime is worth looking forward to.
You've been very kind and I appreciate that. Thank you again.

Thank you based Kyoani