..really?

..really?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=sXN5CQ_ZED0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he doesnt know titanimals

?

It's deeply symbolic and pretty cool. Plus, it fits quite nicely with the manga.

Actually the most hype part of the OP

based

someone spoil the SnK plot twist

I'm not watching more of this shit

newfag

>It's deeply symbolic
Symbolic for ineptness of whoever storyboarded this?

MC travels through time. I'm not even kidding.

but why?

I never realized how badly I wanted to see anime characters fight a basilosaurus until now.

>time travel

and this is when you can tell the script goes to shit, this is even worse than amnesia

I forgot about this. Why do most shounen totally lose direction after the first few arcs?

The beast titan is Eren Yaegers Brother from another mother

Erens dad Made eren a titan with titan serum which caused eren to turn and eat his dad

The main setting is On an prison island where they turn the people into titans and keep then there, the human colony in the walls has no memory of the past because of a magical power that erases everyone memories controlled by the current king

survival to the fittest

the whole plot is an allegory for the jews and the nazis

youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk
X-men rip off.

all of that sound pretty retarded if you ask me, my highly pigmented friend of african descent

Because most manga authors are hacks

>On an prison island
fuck this shit man
I hated claymore for this and fuck him for using it here

the worst part about this is how the outside world will probably never ever be covered

Aww man, I missed that music. Such a good opening and show.

The outside world Knows of the island and uses it to punish the race of people on it and is currently in the post 1900s era with airships and somewhat modern technology.

The reason the beast titan took the 3DM was because even though they have more advanced technology where he comes from they don't have something as good as the 3DM

Also every single titan is was once a person and the dumb ones were people but the brain has gradually spread through the nape of the neck which is why cutting them kills it.

I'd say the WW1 technology they have is better against regular titans

If true, that's the stupidest shit ever.

RULSE OF NATURE

SASAGEYO

This is genuinely the case.

Whale titan fucking when?

Remember the t-Rex Titan? Funny couple of arcs, that was

Are you shitposting or is this real?

theres so much dumbshit in this now i dont even know if this is bait or factual

it's real, all of it

So they're actually just making shit up as they go and had absolutely nothing planned for why anything is happening, gotcha.

Glad I stop paying attention to this after "the wall is titans"

>Prison island
>Time travel
The level of shitty writing is going to surpass even fairy tail

personally liked it in Claymore and wouldn't mind it here if there wasn't a "memory erasing device". Thats stupid

First song is still the best one

But the flying whales?

To be fair, these kind of things tend to sound more stupid if you don't actually read them with the proper explanation and context.

Some things are stupid, but I found others to be quite interesting. I think it's got some original elements, but the pacing and writing are off more often than not.

Also, the main problem with SNK is that it started off as a survival series that promised lots of action, and then turned into this slow-paced mindfuckery of history, politics, war, and mythology. Can't wait to see all the normalfags dropping the anime when those plot elements start being introduced.

So destroying half of head doesn't destroy the brain, but if you hit the neck the brain is destroyed. Oh boy the writing in this manga.

fossil fuels

Humans aren't that small compared to elephant or giraffe

What Time Travel.
You mean the DNA flashback stuff? I don't remember any time travel at all.

>all these spoilers
guess I'm glad my last memory of this was Levi fighting his step-dad or some shit

titans don't have brains the human brain is in the nape

>not liking Monkey Trouble's magical zoo

So is there actually titans for all these different animals?

No seriously.
What time travel are you guys talking about. I really don't remember anything about time travel.

it's a meme to scare away normalfags ya dink

How long will it be between Eren's death and when Mikasa first starts molesting their son?

SnK is the most normalfag series around.

There's two brains. The original human brain in the neck is the only one that matters, the other brain is just another part of the regenerating meat mecha.

>regenerating meat mecha
So they are better than EVA 02?

GO GO POWER RANGERS!

OP 2 > OP 3 > OP 1

the author said before he'd change the ending because the show got popular, how likely is he to say his original intentions? (or has he said it before?)

This series had so much potential when it was like a survival with cool titans instead of zombies. But it turned into fucking Dragon ball with people transforming and shit, soooo much wasted potential.

I can't even bring myself to watch s2 after the fucking garbage ending of the first season and seeing in the trailers and the manga what will happen. But how are you all enjoying it?

>OP 1 > OP 3 > OP 2

We kabaneri now

>This series had so much potential when it was like a survival with cool titans instead of zombies. But it turned into fucking Dragon ball with people transforming and shit, soooo much wasted potential.

It's the shonen curse.

As far as I know, he said he already had the whole thing planned out from the beginning (as in, origins of the titans, etc), but didn't quite know how to end it. He wanted to kill everyone at first, but then the show got way too popular, and he thought that ending was "irresponsible". But then again, he's mentioned he's changed his mind many times, so it's still unknown. The last thing he said was that he wanted a satisfying ending (not necessarily a good one).

GO GO TITAN RANGERS!
MIGHTY MORPHIN' TITAN RANGERS!

>It's deeply symbolic and pretty cool.
Symbolic, maybe. Cool, definitely not. It pretty much ruins the intro by adding this goofy-ass cringe scene among all the serious action.

>reading all these spoilers
Oh man, I was thinking about dropping the series, but now I have to see this train wreck.

Yeah, I don't remember there being a Giraffe one in the manga though.

OP 1 is a meme.

Was this the shinzo o sasageyo?

People say this just about every time a series expands beyond its initial premise, but if it actually stayed like that it would've ended years ago and had people complaining that it should've continued. And if it continued it would have gotten boring years ago and had people wishing it would just end.

Who is being punished on this prison island?
The regular people?
Doesn't really make sense if they don't remember anything though

Jesus, it's like LOST all over again.

cartman is actually best shifter

No

I can't believe no one has asked the most important question.
How does the whale titan run?

The people that can become titans are considered a distinct race. They had a big bad empire hundreds of years ago. As it was collapsing, the king took a bunch of people to go live in exile on an island. He built the walls, then erased their memories so they wouldn't know it was safe outside or get any ideas about building another titan empire.

The people that got left behind became an oppressed underclass. The nation of non-titans closest to the island ships them off and dumps them on it as mindless titans as a punishment for doing just about anything to annoy them. So its two prisons in one, one in the walls run by the king, one outside run by the mainland.

BEAST titan. Geddit? Animals? Beasts? Eh? METAPHOR BUT NOT REALLY.

Hold on. Are you telling me that walled country is symbolic for post-war Germany and Surver Corps is symbolic for revival of nazism?

Why did the author change the plot from apocalyptic survival to political bullshit and prison time? This is not even resembling the original premise.

They're also god's chosen people, are confined to ghettos, and the mainland is planning the final solution.

So its nazijews vs jewnazis.

This is becoming more and more retarded
Did they run out of ideas?

I went and reread the fight before the basement, holy shit that was so fucking good

He didn't change it. He had it planned from the beginning, he just didn't know how to get to the ending. It's not unusual for stories to evolve from simple premises to much bigger stories.

I'll admit that apocalyptic survival series are much more fun and exciting to watch, but I can also appreciate that its universe is so rich (even though it gets retarrded at some points).

I'll give you the allegory;

People of the wall are jews in madagascar
There is an evil British Empire that keeps rest of the jews brainwashed and puts them in concentration ghettos in their cities. Berthold, Reiner, Armin are all brainwashed jews that are raised to kill Madagascar jews

British Empire needs madagascar's resources to fight against Ottoman Empire so they're sending brainwashed jews to disturb shit in Madagascar

afaik live action movies are post apocalyptic. actually only things it has in common with the anime are names.

>Beast Titan doesn't eat humans and then shits them out giving birth to Titans,
>Instead just screams and somehow they turn into Titans.

FUCKING AWFUL

Yeah, I thought that was pretty fucking stupid too

SnK is a silly story,about goofy ass giants user.

Japanese love referencing Moby Dick, but only the bits with the whale.
See:
MGSV
Bakemono no Ko
Re:Zero
SnK opening

fuck, so much this

/thread

They were injected by serum before they jumped off the plane

No he doesn't, you moron. Eren Jaeger =/= Eren Kruger.

What the flying fuck.
Thank heavens I stopped reading right after the hairy titan appeared.

>The people that can become titans are considered a distinct race
That reminds me, what are Ackermans? Eldians or Marleys?

I don't know how someone plans this much of a retarded change but the story should shift in a more realistic way that doesn't forget the meaning of the story. Now everyone is shifting into Titans where before they were doing pretty well without the shonen bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=sXN5CQ_ZED0

>series goes from action to political intrigue

I mean this was kinda obvious once we found out about the different Legions such as SL, Wall and inner district MPs that there was going to be some kind of class system and political intrigue. To be honest I thought it would just end with "The king and nobles are hiding the existence of the outside world", but Isayama exceeded my expectations.

I will say he's dog shit at reveals though with how the entire marley reveal was just an infodump chapter and "I am Armoured and he is Colossal( and we are all together!)" reveal.

The "To you from 10,000 years" should have been an enormous hint that this was going to be more of a mystery manga with action as the garnish.

I don't think it's required reading in schools there, but maybe there is some piece of media that gave them second hand exposure to it?

People just don't know what they want.

How did the meaning of this story change? Afaik anti-fatalism has been a recurring theme of every single major arc has always been one of if not the strongest theme in SnK. Just because the world got expanded doesn't change that.

At least this shit has just like 2 or 3 more years tops. It was a preety pleasant experience even if it was retarded at some points.

I really liked the coup and Historia's arc though, something about killing hostile humans with the 3d engine scratched an itch for edge I have.

Still confused. So everyone behind the walls is a titan but doesn't remember? Why do the titan people on the mainland become braindead on the island?

Because the writer got really, really, lazy.