Whenever I talk to collegues about buying my first house, the conversation inevitably turns to how expensive it is now...

Whenever I talk to collegues about buying my first house, the conversation inevitably turns to how expensive it is now. At this I usually disclose that I have a modest amount of savings but also my parents intend to give me a generous amount of money to help. I will likely only have small mortgage.
At which point people with children nod sagely and people without children blurt out "What!? They should spend that money on themselves!".
I think its telling that people who chose to have children are giving them the best start in life and people that chose not to have children will die out. Evolution.

I ask Sup Forums
1) Are you parents going to help you?
2) Do you intend to have a large number of chilren (n >2)

Please ingore typos. I should have spell checked.

Bump

Bump last time.

1) My parents aren't, but the situation here isn't quite the same, since housing can be very affordable. They certainly helped a lot with other big expenses at a time where I had very little money, like college.
2) I definitely want more than two kids, but me and the wife are averaging one every five years, but we're young and have the luxury of time (currently 2 kids).

But yeah, people with the mentality to not have kids don't understand why spending money on their kids and grandkids could be more valuable than a lot of cliche consumerisms/.

Most people here are in debt, my parents don't have money to help me pay for anything expensive. No college donations either, yet my EFC was 9k in my last years (thanks brother for dropping out you fuck face)

Must be nice to have moderately okay financial family, you bourgeois

Well the US is a big country.

We started poor. We drove around in a Russian car for example.

How many kids did your parents have btw?

stupid phoneposter

Actually I typed it at a PC but I am retarded I guess :3

Does that make your family bigger than most of your peers? I think around here, 3 is pretty average, though 4 can be common too. But I live in a relatively wealthy and conservative part of the country.

How do you get a big enough house to support several kids? You need bedrooms and kids don't like to share rooms, they need some privacy. I'd go bankrupt getting a house with more than three bedrooms and then that's only one for me and the wife and two kids.

Most people have about 3 children, some have 2 and then the childless people brings the average down to 2.

I shared a room with my younger brother until my parents got a bit more money and they converted the attic.

Another normal Irish person reporting in, 3 here too

Accept the money from your parents and give them money back each
Month.

The loan usually costs about 60% of the loan. Thus a $300k house loan costs $200k and you end up paying $500k for the house unless you make payments to principle early on top of the interest payments

Its my inheritance. I dont have to pay it back. Its tax avoidance. They would rather I have it than the tax man. Avoidance being legal of course.

depends on the term, 60% is about right for a 25 year Mortgage iirc, maybe a 20 year one.

The advice to take to heart is make the term as short as possible and make the biggest downpayment possible (to reduce interest rate)

1. yes, my parents will help me

2. I want to have 2 to 3 kids which is pretty normal

Get a small flat first, sell it later and buy the larger house.

This way you'll pay less interest and rent.

I have a 1.5 year old boy, stay at home dad. Wife wants more, which terrifies me after having one. The last year felt like ten.

Jesus Christ those breasts

That is my plan. My girl is a good bit younger so there will be no kids for at least another 5 years.
Dont you want to live forever?

the biggest trick the jew played was to make you think like him

my parents gave me a small amount of money towards a down payment when I bought a house last year.

I want to have 2. My girlfriend wants 4, I'm not sure I could afford to give 4 kids the kind of life I had.

>stay at home dad
Enjoy getting cucked and divorced you bum