Mostly Slice of Life, though.

>Musical
That's pushing it.

Military

CGDCT

Slice of Decay

Moe

War.

Even beck has more music than this. One iof which is engrish and two songs that dont make sense

Psychological Drama

I'm digging this.

It makes quite a lot of sense tbqh

soranowoto is easily better than that shit

Sora no Woto is literally nothing like K-ON you dumb frogposter.

And this is why S2 never

Slice of Life, Military, and with bits of drama and psychological

>le k'on with guns meme

I know this is bait but it got me anyways.

is there more of this

Comedy, with some lightly dramatic episodes

Footpussy

This

YKK.

Ai jou You jou.

This

I know it's a made up genre, but I think there are several shows that would match up okay.

>Haifuri and GuP
Extent the military theme as in SnW, though in these two neither groups of girls are in an official military. Still, the world is a much different place than our world today, in GuP, it's common for huge ships to hold small towns and sail the seas. It's revealed that mostly young girls captain and operate the ships (though I never saw the OVA that confirmed that). In Haifuri, the world has been drastically changed by global warming, and as such the loss of a lot of land has sort of changed the way people live and do business.

Neither of those shows are as desperate as SnW, although it might be and we just aren't given enough info about that state of the world.

>Eva
we get the quasi-military theme and the world is indeed fucked, though the threat of it's destruction lurks around the corner literally everyday, while in SnW the threat is more of a slow, creeping one. Still, travellin anywhere means viewing the carnage from past battles and shit is all fucked, for lack of more flowery language.

You could probably argue a lot more shows too, if you are a little more loose with your guidelines. I think SnK and Koutetsujou no Kabaneri fit to some extent as well. I'm not sure I've seen a show that captures the same depressing atmosphere of SnW though, as the world is slowly crumbling around the characters who are really powerless to stop it.

Kemono Friends

What's it like to date each of the wotos?

It's good user. Just good.

Someone wrote about that a few weeks ago but I didn't save it

I wrote it, and saved it, but i wanted to see if anyone else saved it

I guess not

i guess it's the same as the k-on one

The no S2 genre.

I probably wrote that one too

the "cute anime girls with guns and or on the military is literally the best thing ever fucking make more of it you nation of plebs" genre

Cute girls doing cute things.

/thread

I didn't mean that literally.

CGDCT in a Spanish Town in France with shinto mikonuns.

Slice of NotasgoodasHaibaneRenmei

Into the garbage tier.

Is PTSD cute?

You like it and we know it.

I'm so glad I got to witness this show, We'll never see anything similar ever.

Everything about it was honestly perfection.

Rebuilds of Evangelion genre

I never understood why this show is so loved, its plot is pretty dumb, I give it a 7.5/10, ed is good though.

>7.5/10
Is that supposed to be a bad score? That said I consider it 10/10.

Humanity has Declined?
Agent Aika?
Turn A Gundam?

I want a prequel movie about Rio's sister if we never get a S2.

I liked it, but when you compare it to other shows that are considered 10/10's it doesn't really strike me as unique or doing anything particularly well.

Yes.

Sora no Woto is an example of the "Haibane Renmei done right" and "AOTY" genres.

I feel disgusted just of the thought someone actually believes this

I want to get drunk with Rio

Name a better anime from 2010 without looking pretentious. Protip: you can't.

Tatami G... fuck. WITHOUT.

Remember how Madoka got leaked as the fourth entry in the Anime Mirai block?

Literally never remembered this

Anime no Chikara, woops.

This falls under cheap Haibane Renmei knock-off without understanding what makes the original work a great one.
Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right if you have brain damage.

>without understanding what makes the original work a great one.
Pretentious themes and ugly girls?

noel

No, a unique functionality brought to fruition. Difficult themes organically illustrated with care and tact, actual poignant drama. Impactful on a personal level, suprisingly intricate, right focus for a 13-ep anime, poetic use of meaningful symbolism. One of the best thematically sound relationships in the medium.

I could go on an on, but don't think Haibane Renmei stood the test of time because of the cute girls suffering only.

This post is almost as pretentious as Subete ga F ni Naru. Almost.

Whatever man.

Cringe.

Uh? What's so cringe about explaining what makes an anime an actual good one?

Simply fuck off.

>poetic use of meaningful symbolism

Absolutely, I think this is what sets it apart from other more abstract shows (e.g. Penguindrum) which use wall-to-wall symbolism. Symbols like crows and wells are actually aesthetically pleasing in their own right and woven into the narrative rather than just some random object like a ceiling fan shoved in the viewer's face.

Everything he said is substantive though. You could easily elaborate on any sentence.

No need to samefag. It's painfully obvious.

>not only is he cringe-inducingly pretentious but he's samefagging too

Not an argument.

Yes, god forbid someone actually agree with someone else's opinion on a popular show.

Retards.

>babby's first inspect element use

what do you mean with AOTY

How do I get Rio-senpai to notice me?

And any ideas on where character arcs would've headed in S2? I think Kureha would've become a hero or done some memorable stunt similar to the man who crossed the desert or something but she actually did it mostly to raise morale or something like that.

speaking of her dreams, I think she wanted to be a doctor just like her mother (or father? I don't remember). she tells this to the other girls because she could not help the roman soldier when she was shot

Looking from the end it seems only Rio (Flight) and Kureha (Doctor) have a clear idea on what they're doing next; Kanata would just follow her senpai and Filicia seems to just want to stay at the fort. I don't remember what Noel wants other than the ambiguous wife statement.

Then again another season would probably have a lot more noise.

I think Noel just wants to be normal

Friendly reminder that Noel IS a war criminal and deserves to hang for what she has done in her short life.

Justice WILL come to her one day, and she'll swing along with all the others responsible for the atrocities they committed.

Why are they wearing sailor uniforms if they live in France?

Why not some nice preppy western uniforms? Can Japs seriously not live without seeing a seifuku in one of their shows?

Fuck off mate I see you posting in every Sora no Woto thread. Noel is a sweetiepie.

Watch the show before posting.

Kureha is probably the most normal in the bunch.

Noel wasn't aware of what she was doing at the time but I can imagine a small arc in S2 where people on the other side would want to see her trialed and Aisha stands up for her or something.

She eats babies for lunch

I eat your mum's pussy for lunch. And supper.

Yeah and Hitler loved little puppies. Her personality doesn't change what she's done, and a tribunal will find her guilty of numerous charges, including genocide and waging chemical and/or biological warfare. Any one of those charges will carry a sentence of death. I guess the real question is whether she'll choose the firing squad or hanging.

At the end of S2, the Romans and the Helvetians seems to be on the road to peace. There will obviously need to be discussions of reparations at some point in the future, and Noel and co's actions during the war will likely be unveiled. I would imagine a lot of Romans and even Helvetians will find her actions abhorrent, and likely the military will be looking to throw all the bad apples they can out to stabilize the relationship between nations. Maybe she'll be able to muster some support for her actions since her actions, but if the politics demand it I can imagine it going really badly for her even with lots of character witnesses.

I think the story took place in a far future.
The settlement seems to be in France but there are Italian and Spanish traits in the environment, in the people and in what they do daily.
The Roman empire with capital in Rome does not speak Italian but German.
There are a lot of cultural aspects that does not coincide with our time, this may be a consequence of the previous war and of the mix of countries caused by the fact that the world is ending and that they are forced to live in a restricted area since the No Man's Land is uninhabitable.
btw that seems to be a japanese-like school because they studied subjects in Japanese.
You notice this in the first episodes when they explore the school and Kanata finds this book with a lot of ideograms she can't read and an image of girls wearing those uniforms, then she just imagine how those girls may be and she probably use her experience with the girls she know to picture this what-if future

well they've already inadvertantly buried Convenient Evil Guy, so all the blame would be on her instead.

She's underage, kids are always victims in war, even if they killed a bunch of people

>Yeah and Hitler loved little puppies. Her personality doesn't change what she's done, and a tribunal will find her guilty of numerous charges, including genocide and waging chemical and/or biological warfare. Any one of those charges will carry a sentence of death. I guess the real question is whether she'll choose the firing squad or hanging.
dude

I just think she looks hot in thigh highs

You can't possibly charge only people that killed the most.
You have to charge everybody or no one.
The war is war and you have to kill, that's your job.
The whole tribunal thing is just set-up to humiliate your foe
and show your people that in the end they were the bad guys
and only a tribunal can judge bad guys.
Apparently the winner side can forgive genocides and people guilty of this if they are smart enough and can work for the winner side.
Noel happens to be a smart scientist, in a realistic settlement like the one you are trying to describe she would probably work for Americans and farwell tribunal, war crimes and public moral

Spoiler warning: They're in Japan all along.

fpbp

I don't think they live on an island

They are literally in Japan all along

Damn