Finish this

>finish this
>can't watch any other show
this was so perfect, i want to die lads

then kill yourself already, what's taking so long?

If this show is so good, why is everyone besides Kumiko and Reina mentally challenged?

Kill yourself then

Making a shit thread on Sup Forums is not a way to
kill yourself.

I was about to tell you to watch season 2 to ruin the series for you but then I checked your image to make sure. I implore you to watch more anime if you think this show was perfect.

Dying is very easy if you kill yoursellf.

Good news: Umaru S2 is coming this fall.

S2 is inferior in pacing to s1. Great show. I watched other seasonal shows and found how well the characters interactions were done in Hibike.

>dropped this after two episodes
>can still drop other shows
?

any recs? watching Hanasaku Iroha atm and it just feels bland in comparison

I'd recommend suicide

kys

Reina was completely irrelevant in S2.

Her sudden lust for sensei from out of nowhere in s2 after indomitable lust for Kumiko in s1 was the stupidest of changes.

She and Kumiko had a lot of scenes together in the first episodes, and she got relevant again in the last few ones.

>sudden lust
>out of nowhere

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF

Recommendation threads are frowned upon in Sup Forums. If you lurk around for long enough you should be able to find what you're looking for. If you like Hibike this much your taste probably isn't that much different from reddit's or MAL's so you could always see what they recommend.

Do you have any other mental disordes beside autism?

Here's a question, why was this animated?
Yes it's a beautiful masterwork of craft and skill, but in what way did the medium help the storytelling? Everything could have been acted out instead and shot live action.
Try to answer something other than just "2D>3D"

do you not see the beauty that is kyoto animation?

You have low standards then.

Kyoto animation - amazing quality animation for shit shows since 2012

Nice wrong opinion.

cringe

Nah, he's right. Pic related was the last genuinely good Kyoani show, and it's a shame because their production quality has only improved over time.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

I think Amagi was pretty decent, but otherwise this is mostly the truth

This is all fascinating, however consider the following:

Kumiko.

Azumanga daio its much better.

Godani #1

Hyouka was barely passable, and definitely inferior to Chuuniibyou S1, Tamako Market, Amagi and Hibike. Maid Dragon would be on the list too if it wasn't for the ending.

Awkward dialogue does not make an anime good even with the varied animation techniques. Hibike had a better handle on dialogue

Another show that was beautifully animated, but did not make use of the medium to tell the story. It could have been done with live actors.

nice meme

Oh, I forgot about Tamako. That was a good one, especially the movie.

I recall Hyouka was divisive because the mysteries were so mundane. I liked because it highlighted the gap between Chitanda's and Oreki's worldviews.

I kinda liked Chuunikoi and UFO S1, but they both veer into generic light novel territory.

>placing Amagi on that list
>ranking Hyouka anywhere close to those trash shows

wew lad

I don't get your point. They could have been adapted into live-action series, but that doesn't mean they should have.

>did not make use of the medium to tell the story

If it doesn't have fights, then it should be live action.

definitely the dumbest thing ive read here

thanks, have a you

What I'm trying to get at is Kyoani often animate "live action", where you could theoretically replace everything with actor or sets in real life. Personally I feel like the animation medium can offer more than just a device for good drawings.

Compare that to something like Nichijou. It's pretty but for all intents and purposes it's just an illustration. Not animation.

Not quite but for example at least Chuuni had something that couldn't be replicated irl

>that new kumiko doujin that was translated

I dropped this shit early in S2. Asuka looked great with her glasses off, aside from that it had nothing going for it.

Replicate this in live action, retard.

>It's pretty but for all intents and purposes it's just an illustration. Not animation.
What? How so?

Explain how it's dumb. KyoAni never bothers to take advantage of the medium.

And what advantage is that?

You missed the best arc then.

KyoAni actually puts effort into consistently animating their shows, so you could say they're the only ones who bother to take advantage of the medium.

ok you got me, obviously there are things I'd forgotten. Still I'm going to stand by my point in saying the show could have used more of that.

Actually you know what I was wrong, it is a good use. I guess I just like things in movement, but I shouldn't dismiss that kind of approach

I don't recall this. Which episode was that?

In a weird way you're right.

It's just KyoAni.
Ever since K-On they made it their mission to prove that they can make popular anime series out of obscure source materials that would normally be considered unsuitable for anime.

Episode 1

It would have to be a shitload better than the rest of it to make it worth seeing.

it's not, don't listen to the retards who eat this unrealistic garbage drama up.

Did you like S1?

No. I kind of hoped it would get better then I figured I might as well finish it. I figured I'd give S2 a try because people here would not shut the fuck up about this series so I figured I'd give it a few more episodes and gave up.

I feel I at least gave it a fair chance.

I think you did, an entire season is more than enough to judge something

There's lots of different conflicts going on in S2, which of them was unrealistic?

The part where hearing someone play an instrument makes you want to vomit.

I'd say oboe is biggest contender

Reina being in love with a teacher, and her friends encourage her instead of telling her she's an idiot.

That isn't too far-fetched.

That's pretty common

>I feel like the animation medium can offer more than just a device for good drawings.
The animation itself is what is being offered.
Compared to movies, cartoons and comics can be used to portray a wider range of stories and scenarios, but their artistic value is not determined by how many or few media could be used to make the same story. And "same" is not the correct word here, because if Hibike was a live-action series the experience each one of us would have with it would definitely be different from the one we had with the anime.

And it completely destroyed the show. They pretended that Reina wasn't important in S1 and changed it into formulaic "now Kumiko gets involved with THIS character's drama" bullshit.

Oboe and Faggot

Crushes and thinking your teacher is cute are common.

Actually thinking you're in love with your teacher is not and is never encouraged.

You've been watching too much anime if you think so.

>Actually thinking you're in love with your teacher is not
Pffff

I don't think you understand how batshit high school girls can be

>caring about realism in anime

>all this shit taste
S2 was better than S1 in every way, I don't know how anyone would come to the opposite conclusion.

You raise good points, and I agree when you say the effect would have been different if it was cast live action despite being the same story.
This is just my opinion, but just because something is animated doesn't necessarily mean it's taking advantage of the medium. There are so many more possibilities and freedom when it comes to storytelling choices I can't help but feel that territory isn't being explored, and I would live the masters at Kyoani to do more of that.
Hell for them it might be the wrong thing to do, I'm just greedy I guess

well this thread got cancered up

I want to smell her Kumiko smells!

It doesn't have furry or fantasy to require animation.

These shows would be impossible in live action. High schoolers simply don't have enough refined acting experience to film these dramas. It's a perfect example of using animation to express something that would otherwise be impossible.

>finish this
Why?

You can't find character acting this realistic in any other anime.

S1 was very tight and focused. In S2 you got a bunch of different 'arcs', some worse than others, and an ending that was honestly very unsatisfying.