GitS

I just saw the movie - i really liked it. I didn't want to, but i can see why they changed what they did - it was slightly dumbed down because they had to appeal to the large audiences.

And with all that in mind, the movie is really good. It still touches on the subject of identity, just not as much, and while that was the thing that defines the 1995 movie, i really don't think the 2017 movie would have been a bigger success had they copied it exactly.

I honestly encourage you to go see it, in my opinion it is worth the ticket - i rarely go to the movies, but i don't regret seeing this. Visually and sound-wise it's great, and as an homage, this plays at the very end

youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE

Why would anyone want to go see some personified 3DPD puke bag?

well with an argument like that, you totally changed my view of the film user

Kill yuorself

i can only imagine you typing that word like that because you are boiling with anger right now for no reason other than self-hate. Get help

I saw it yesterday and it was acceptable. As you say, if you accept the fact that they have to compromise some things to make the story work as a movie, it's very good. The fact that they revealed Major's real name to be Motoko Kusanagi really helped quell down my autism.

My dad invited me to see it yesterday, he liked it a lot because he like this idea of cyborgs and shit (he want's to get enhances irl).

I kinda liked it, it felt like a remasterization of the original in some parts, but the origin history, Kuze, and some of the fights felt off to me.

They took and cramped ideas from the original movie and the tv series, but they didn't get further explaining shit. I bet no one undestrood the Kuze network, or the idea of leting your ghost in the net

Time to put your waifu in the line.

It was worth my time and money.

This pasta is from Tumblr.

I disliked it. It was just boring; the action scenes were short and boring, the plot was predictable and magically solved (somehow Aramaki talking to the Prime Minister made everything A-OK and the philosophical stuff was just uninteresting. The Major being tricked and beaten by almost everyone didn't make the film any favors.
The thing felt like it was a watered-down cocktail of the Oshii film, the SAC anime and your average sci-fi Hollywood thriller.

tl;dr don't listen to OP, anons. Scarlett in the Shell doesn't even work as a popcorn action film.

Slightly dumbed down--->larger audience-->woth a ticket?

You have shit taste.

Movie bombed. It sucked. Watch Beauty and the beast instead.

gib three plz

triple

I didn't like the fact that they treated you like an idiot from the 1st scene with the whole hammering of her being a human because her "GHOST" is still alive in a "SHELL" that keeps the brain alive.
Like they couldn't help themselves and they had to explicitly call it out the moment the pretty stuff with creating a robot ended, because obviously people are too dumb to get this shit otherwise.
And then it went on and on with the ghost shit in a such unsubtle way. Who even calls or would call it like that, at most you would use a fucking soul in that case.
Also lot of action scenes don't work, i mean you, you fucking piece of shit action scene with light in and out as if they wanted you to get epileptic attack in the serwers, and it doesn't help that people get shot almost every second, and there was no blood if i remember correctly. Nice grim and dirty future you have there.
The movie had a lot of promise, they just had to be more subtle about the whole trans humanism and what makes a man ideas.
But nooo.
YOU TRULY ARE , A GHOST IN THE SHELLâ„¢ MIRA.

That'll work.
That's what happens, every time. Fatcats assume everyone poorer than them is also dumber, so they craft for the bottom of the barrel.

I think having Myra being a victim of literal whitewashing was a good idea.
The execution was just horrible.

the movie was lame but there were some decent choices made

batou was well done, as was aramaki

the cityscape was... serviceable, although it obviously tried to one-up blade runner instead of following the original source material's more original futuresque hong kong/ tokyo hybrid

I'm glad that it bombed because it was a hollow adaptation that also betrayed the philosophical point made in the manga and oshii movie, but on its own merits I don't think it's worthless and I'm 99.9% sure that people will look more favorably towards it in the future

>:(

plot and aesthetics both worthless. It will be another footnote in the gits franchise, less talked about than even the PSP shooting game.

Give me the most devastating NTR please

2 bad 4 u

>it was slightly dumbed down because they had to appeal to the large audiences.
>And with all that in mind, the movie is really good
Pick one.
>I honestly encourage you to go see it, in my opinion it is worth the ticket - i rarely go to the movies, but i don't regret seeing this
Just because you have shit taste it doesn't mean it's worth the ticket.

You've probably watched like 10 good movies in your life.

With dumbish manga / anime adptations we are having recently, i feel like we manga adptations are in the same spot comic book movies were during 80's and 90's with terrible shit like quest for peace and batman and robin.

Do you think that in 20-30 years manga movies can become the next capeshit movies everywhere?

What would be your opnion on that?

I thought that it was worth a theatre trip. I don't thi k it was a good installment in the GitS franchise, nor was it a fantastic movie, but it was still alright and kinda fun to watch as a fan.

>Do you think that in 20-30 years manga movies can become the next capeshit movies everywhere?
I'm gonna stop you there.
I'd rather not think about it.

I hope not, i want manga and anime to be shunned openly again so nothing from outside will be able to taint it.

Too edgy and boring. No cute spider robots. Everyone seemed so flat and depressed. It was shit.

I don't go to the theatre except for announced masterpieces or things I know will be good, why the fuck would I want to spend my money on this pile of garbage aimed at casuals?

IF I'm going to watch a sci-fi movie this year that's Blade Runner 2, not this for sure.

Agree. I just want to live in peace, alone, far from normalfags.

And as I pray unlimited NONTR works

Being liked by normalfags isn't what make something shitty.
What makes something shitty is forcing it to have universal appeal.

roll