K-ON

Is it still wrong for a person of patrician taste to like this show?

you're watching children's cartoons as a hobby

this isn't high art

The objective truth here is that if you don't like K-on, then you undoubtedly have shit taste.

fuck off you filthy casual, that is no hobby, it's my life

this show is patrician so no

>Anime isn't high art

You aren't patrician if you don't like K-On.

K-On is the apotheosis of the play element in culture, as defined by Johann Huizinga in "Homo Ludens".

There isn't anything more patrician in anime.

>Yui's thighs

What about my thighs?

Mio suck my cock and be quick about it

why is mugi so nigger boner fuel

Nigga wants his tea.

I like them

Please take a seat sir, your waitress will be with you in just a moment. She's new and in highschool, so please be kind to her, this is the first job she's ever had and you're her very first customer, so please be patient with her if you could!

Well, Sup Forums? What are you going to order?

Of course it is. K-on when it came out was mediocre at best and all these years later it would not be much of an exaggeration to say 100 better SoL anime have come out since then.

A bowl of rice

I love Rits Pits!

suck my dick

K-On is a seinen.

To OP's question, there is not only nothing wrong with liking K-On, it is wrong not to like K-On. Also, my wife Mugi is best girl.

the consensus among tasteful people is that it's good

i will gib u high art

Tea and whatever your best pastries are.

Never liked how those tasted

>Wife
>No wedding ring

>it is wrong not to like K-On. Also, my wife Mugi is best girl.
Wrong on both accounts.

what is it?

Anime is the endgame patrician hobby.

If you don't like K-On, I won't respect you

History has proven that to be complete bullshit.

Disliking K-On but liking Mio is the most normalfag thing imaginable.

Disliking K-On certainly isn't a very normalfag opinion.

Four macaroons? Yes sir, that will be $85.99... I think...

We don't serve rice here, I'm sorry. If you want I can come back and let you read over the menu....

Uh... What...? What menu item is that...? Sorry I'm new here so, uh, I don't recall that one...

Tea and... uh... I'm sorry I don't know the menu so I can't really recommend anything... I like cake though and the cake here is really good, do you want that...?

...yes it is? The average normalfag who watches anime sticks to battle shounens and SaO and likely hate K-On for being "boring" or "cutesy", if they've heard of it at all.

come with me to toilet

480p screenshots make K-On look old as fuck

You can check any normalfag website to confirm this for yourself.

literally one one of the greatest anime, extremely fun and beautiful, with far more artistic influence and historical importance than Ghost in the Shell. Up there with Gundam, Nanoha, and Eva.

>with far more artistic influence and historical importance than Ghost in the Shell
do tell

>Up there with Gundam, Nanoha, and Eva.
But none of those anime are even close to one another in popularity.

The opinions I mentioned are the most common among Western normalfags--the people who go to anime conventions, unironically describe themselves as "otaku", watch dubs, etc. It's why K-On has an artificially low MAL score compared to other CGDCT series (and somehow lower than KyoAni series like Kyoukai no Kanata, which Sup Forums correctly regards as a trainwreck).

shut up and do more erp

>all the keions, even Azusa are in their late 20s/early 30s

Is it ok to hate Kyoani but love K-On?

>patrician taste
>doesn't like K-on
You don't know what patrician means.

NO

I think "hating" a studio is too extreme

No, they're all 25/26 except Azusa (24).

Alternatively, they're 18/19 forever because the college manga is still going and on hiatus

Newfag here, is this the show where one of the girls usually has a rocket launcher in fanart?

It isn't as bad a lucky star, but a SoL about nip music was pretty bad

No.

KyoAni is often overrated but I can't see why you'd *hate* it other than contrarianism.

Because people worshiping them is annoying?

They're a studio which is good at animating, but consistently chooses material which is basically Twilight for boys. What is there to like?

If other fans bother you that much, that's on you, not Kyoani.

cough Gigguk cough

I love KyoAni and I still acknowledge that the shows you're talking about (Kyoukai no Kanata, Musaigen Phantom World in particular) are shit. But Maid Dragon was a much more standard SoL/comedy that lacked the melodrama and asspulls of some of their recent series, and I'd argue that Hibike Euphonium was a solid, if sometimes lagging, character drama.

cum in mass of thousand sun

Which keion do you think Ritsu's little brother had a crush on? I'm sure he thought they were all cute, but which would he end up making a pass at? Do you think Ritsu would tell her to accept a date, just to humor him? Or would she tell her brother not to hit on her friends?

I WANT TO PROTECT

Mio for sure

Ritsu.

Azusa according to doujins.

Azusa

It's wrong for a person of patrician taste to NOT like this show.

Eh, she's too much of a tomboy. Young guys want girly girls, real vanilla stuff because they're still figuring out what gets them going and what they like about women. Tomboys are for older, more experienced guys who can appreciate subtle femininity and don't need to be reminded 24/7 that their partner is a woman.

fukken lewd then bikini and others

Also she's his sister.

All k-ons are equally good. That being said, yui best waifu

*Ui

HEY GUYS CHECK YOUR KEYBOARD BETWEEN ''T'' AND ''O''

UI

>K-on
>for children
It's target audience is people old enough to understand kanjis.

I wasn't talking about popularity.

Ghost in the Shell was great and I love it, but the movie's main innovations were aesthetic. The 2D/3DCG combination, especially in Innocence, really were pioneering. But this sort of thing was a technological inevitability. The narrative in the manga and TV series was good, but nothing special. Most of it was taken from Blade Runner.

Oh the other hand, K-on's art style, animation, acting, setting design - everything about it - has gone on to influence every single show in the CGDCT genre, not to mention its great influence on its animation industry, even bigger than Haruhi in 2006. It's highly respected among anime directors and animators - that's who I refer to when I saw it was important. Find me one instance of any anime professional shitting on K-on - everything I've read from any of them is highly positive. They get it. And unlike the GITS aesthetic, I don't think K-on ever had to happen. No one ever had to pour so much talent and effort into moe. No one had to go to such insane levels of detail as basing the whole school and town on real places or the perfectly detailed scenes of the girls playing their instruments, not to mention the subtle characterization and relentlessly consistent pacing that made it Japan's no.1 coming of age anime. It's a great success on every level.

Sure both the GITS movies and K-on were both artistic successes, but K-on was the far more innovative series and on a much grander scale, with something like 40 episodes plus a movie.

Not really talking about Stand Alone Complex here. Great TV but nobody has copied it.

You forgot the y

That's incredible.

zui?

I think your view on the subject is too coloured by personal taste. Like, you're dismissing Ghost's main innovations as mostly aesthetic when it's also considered a seminal work of speculative science fiction. You can see echoes of its philosophy in all kinds of things, not just anime. You're also trying to say digital innovations don't count towards "artistic influence and historical importance" because they would have happened anyways. That's not how it works. As far as K-On! goes, from what I gather your argument is that it influenced CGDCT and its well-respected among industry insiders? Not only is CGDCT a barely-relevant microgenre, but I'm not convinced K-On's innovations even as far reaching as that. If you're capable of elaborating on that I'd be interested in hearing it. As far as being respected goes, you can be damn well sure that Ghost is too, and on a far greater scale.

I'm picking apart your argument but I'm not trying to attack you or anything, K-On! is a brilliant show and it's influential in ways you didn't even mention, but like, in terms of ARTISTIC INFLUENCE and HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE I think you need a reality check.

pidor idi nahui!

ZUI

thanks for the boner

>filthy baseline sluts who paint and mark their bodies for attention

These are your waifus, these are the pinnacle of your standards, and they are gutter trash in "cute" wrappings

You can like whatever you want and maintain good taste. Just don't pretend everything you like is amazing.

Check this *grabs dick

pleb tastes son

Hey, you said some hateful stuff there, would you mind deleting your post?

Again with the popularity - it doesn't matter. Only the people who actually make anime matter to what gets made and how - a show's influence on anime is just its influence on THEM.

K-On is relevant to all anime made after it, not just the cute girls genre. Its cinematic accomplishments are not genre-specific. Your mistake is like thinking of Citizen Kane as just a mystery movie.

All that said, the cute girls 'genre' is hardly small or irrelevant. It's like nearly all of anime for adults, spanning dozens of 'genres' from hard sci fi to black comedy, mystery, romance, and plenty that aren't too easily categorized. What rock have you been under for the past 20 years that you think it's irrelevant?

I do think Ghost in the Shell was a wonderful sci-fi, but its narrative ideas appeared in plenty of earlier English-language novels. Like The Matrix, it's philosophically irrelevant. Just a great movie. As for the CG, I mean that it was an innovation in style, but using CG itself isn't very noteworthy. Beauty and the Beast had it 4 years earlier in 1991 (and so well done, hardly anyone realized it). And sure gits is respected, but who is building on it? It was such a one-off that not even the GITS TV BTW what is this 'digital doesn't count' bullshit. By no means is my praise for its animation a 'dismissal!' The visuals are the entire point of this it, and usually the most important thing with movies in general.

Also what is this 'digital doesn't count' bullshit. Both of these were entirely digital productions.

I didn't even mention popularity.
>cinematic accomplishments
Name them.

>respected on a far greater scale
>b-but not talking about popularity
you don't even understand what YOU are saying, let alone what I am. Fuck it, just go watch K-on for yourself.

K-On! is literally my favourite show.
>It's highly respected among anime directors and animators - that's who I refer to when I saw it was important.
Is what I was responding to. I don't think that's a fair argument when it applies to both.

the fuck happened here?

a cinematic masterpiece

Objective truth.

Wonder if that was supposed to be part of the window... and I wonder why user edited it out?