Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a2GujJZfXpg
my.mixtape.moe/wilvjs.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/crzkmi.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/iflibw.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/cgchyw.mp3
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=862911
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The one I want to fuck the most? Mitsuha, with Taki inside.

Gay

Not gay at all since it's a girl's body.

Mitsuha (Taki) would probably kick you in the balls and bite your dick off. Remember Taki got into a fight before the first body change

Would you fuq you're waifu body-swapped with you?

Saw this yesterday
Is there a way to watch online? I don't want to have to keep going to the theatres.
But I will if I have to

Taki with Mitsuha inside is the only way to go.

Boys going "Watashi" is the cutest. And clearly Taki's VA was having fun voicing in Mitsuha's girly, rural accent

There's a hardsubbed, bitrate-starved copy on nyaa. It's good enough if you want to screencap reaction images or relive a particular scene, but I wouldn't rewatch the full movie like that.

Watashi? ...Watakushi?

If you fuck a girl that's in a boy's body, is it gay?

Where's a complete list of theaters for the US release? Fandango's search sucks ass.

Only if you're the bottom.

How do I become left??

thailand

>tfw movie made me realize how unfulfilling life is if you are not a genki rural high-school girl with family responsibilities, miko traditions to chew sake for the Gods, and a stereotypical interest in city lifestyle from a rural person's perspective

Even without the middle part, it's still unfulfilling.

>you will never help a cute girl save herself and her town from oblivion
why live

You can still be a handsome Tokyo boy user.

you're not alone

>tfw you're not born a tokyo ikemen

If Mitsuha's sister was Yotsuha, and her mother was Futaba, and her grandmother was Hitoha, what was her great-grandmother? Zeroha? Maruha?

>girly run
>trips for no reason
>audience gasps

Bruh she trips on the cracked pavement. I specifically remember a cut showing her foot getting caught on the pavement.

>working at an Italian restaurant as a waiter just to pay off a girl's crazy cafe spendings

Nah.

Where the FUCK do people who live in the middle of nowhere in Japan's countryside even work? Do they all just have ricefields and grow their own food?

The scenery in the movie was gorgeous and it makes me want to live there but where would you work?

If I wanted to buy a cheap plot of land in the countryside and live peacefully for the rest of my life how much money would I need to save up? I thought they were practically giving land away to foreigners since the rural populations are so low.

Left AND right

Honestly I wished Taki would've ended up with senpai.

SUBS FUCKING WHEN?

Just saw this movie. Hooooooly shit it was good.

What? There's a sub out in theaters in the US and we've had a decent screener copy that's subbed for a while.

but senpai fits better with the glasses dude

Wait, becuase of timeline differences, Mitsuha is three years older than Taki, right?

Old hag!

Didnt he also intimidate Mitsuha bullies during art class? Taki doesnt like being pushed around

Taki male

he has a plaster on his face for a reason, can be sensibly assumed he likes to scrap

Shut up pedo.

Yeah she's literally used goods at the end.

And he grabbed Mitsuha's father by his collar.

Explain her right hand to me.

Please.

Yep. There's no way this beauty is still a virgin at 25.

>still no doujins where they fuck while in each other's body
Or did they get scanned since last time I checked?

What's her name again?

>her

What did Taki mean by this?

As if Taki stayed a virgin 8 years

>There's a sub out in theaters in the US
I'm not doing 2 hours by car for a movie.

Who would win in an unarmed fight?
Mitsuha (Taki) vs Taki (Mitsuha)

Mitsuha (Taki) is more aggressive but 2x weaker than Taki (Mitsuha).

You should, the movie worth it to see it on the big screen.

Somebody translated all those?

Not with the shitbox I have. I'd rather impatiently wait than having my car shit on me half-way there.

That's cute. Was this promo art?

youtube.com/watch?v=a2GujJZfXpg

who?

Oh, thanks, that explains why the text sounded familiar.

Why don't I rememberseeing an hourglass even though I watched it twice? Was it all a dream?

The hourglass wasn't in the movie, just the MV.

This is NOT true. Who would she have lost her virginity to?

Surely Mitsuha stayed in Itomori through high school, and that's a town of like 10 people, so it's only college we have to worry about. But she was pretty reserved throughout the movie, and coming from the boonies, she wouldn't suddenly turn into a college slut. It was probably overwhelming enough to experience life in the city for a few years.

Then she worked for a couple years, but anyone who's over 22 knows there's not much room for romance in the working world. And with Japan's strict corporate structure, dating coworkers is probably even more frowned upon.

Not to mention we see that she's struggling with a sense of emptiness and meaninglessness, which implies she's been simply drifting through life. If she went through a serious relationship, her problems would be different.

Ergo, my wife is NOT used goods.

From other manga, it seems like dating coworkers is pretty expected.

Some random chad at a bar on a one night stand obviously

>waifuing someone that has a special connection with the MC

good one

I am going to take a swing and assume she had to work for her father after graduation to support their people in finding new places to settle (not just in Tokyo but other areas). Really, it depends on what she did to convince her dad to evacuate the people.

The fact that he was seeing the comet break apart like Taki said before was probably enough of a push combined with Mitsuha showing up super determined to get him to leave. He can't really pull the you're crazy card when shit's about to go down.

>yfw taki found out about the town

felt like i'd been doused in cold water

>the song that played just before the meteor hit
>that noise at the end
Made me shiver.

I just wanted 5 minutes more of the end

Although you don't get anything from her perspective in the epilogue of the novel I have the impression from the final part of her story that she would have had the same feelings as Taki, waiting for something.
Perhaps it was different in that she had a feeling she had to go to Tokyo but considering she had the same reaction as Taki when they saw each other on the train it's pretty likely that she wasn't involved in any romantic relationships since saving the town.

It was pretty great in the novel. That whole search part was really enthralling.

Did anybody else go to theaters to watch this, only to find out it was dubbed?

Did they use the English versions of the songs in the dub?

not in mine but i saw it last year before the English soundtrack was out

I'd give my left nut for a fucking epilogue

As someone who just saw it in a local theater about two hours ago, yes.
The actual voice dub was okay, but the songs were pretty bad. Shitty vocalist trying to fit the syllable count.

Yeah they do suck, although I don't think Yumetourou sounds too bad.

>English versions of the songs
For what fucking purpose?

WHY IS MITSUHA SO CUTE.

WHY AM I REGRETTING WASTING MY YOUTH AWAY

my.mixtape.moe/wilvjs.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/crzkmi.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/iflibw.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/cgchyw.mp3

How is the novel? I was thinking about getting it when amazon gets it next month

That part was haunting. The sun just setting as we get an overhead view of Taki and the leveled town. Bravo Shinkai.

I've wondered such things too, but its obvious they aren't all hick farmers who grow what they eat. They definitely have some jobs. Mechanics, bartenders (as shown by the 2 bars in town) obviously some farmers, convenience stores, probably a few smaller doctors offices around, teachers, etc. As for how much it'd actually cost you, I'd like to know as well.

Why would you even subject yourself to a dub.

I just saw this in theaters subbed. I liked it. I can't even imagine how this movie would be dubbed with all the songs. Did they put in contemporary english hot 100 songs in?

I still think 5cm per second is better though

Same thing for towns in the middle of nowhere in the States - you have farmers (or miners/lumberjacks), people in local government, people working in services (healthcare, food, and utilities), and maybe one big private manufacturer and when that goes the town is suddenly in decline.

that combined with the screeching *DING* when it cuts away before the meteor hits in flashbacks

I haven't seen the movie so I cannot give comparisons in that regard.
It is slightly more detailed than your average LN, still not as detailed as your average western novel. You probably get a better grasp on Taki's character and emotions during the search phase because there is a lot of exposition that probably wasn't in the movie.
I found it a really enjoyable read. I need to see the movie though, in six months when it comes out on DVD/BD. I wonder when it comes out for rental.

its pretty good, but just not the same.

Holy shit thank you user!
The English versions are pretty damn good. I think I prefer the JP but damn.

It's being shown subtitled and dubbed. You're the idiot who went to the wrong one.

A lot of them will commute half an hour or so into a city for work. If the town has any real size then that would be common, especially if there is a city nearby.

Small towns really in the middle of nowhere are probably dying.

Left. Anyone here go to the Alamo Drafthouse Omaha showing? I was the one in the blue DBZ shirt

Mitsuha is a self-respecting girl from the countryside. She wouldn't be tempted by a normalfag who blatantly wants sex. Note that Taki's dick was seemingly the first she touched, and that was well into high school.

It's okay, I accept that only Taki can make her happy in her universe. I have one too many dimensions to reach her.

Maybe it's not 100% culturally frowned upon, but basically what said

The main problem is that the English gets broken up in an unnatural way in order to fit the pacing of the music.

Was anyone else unable to not compare 5cm while watching this? There are very similar cut scenes and angles. I'm sure he's just paying homage but it's quite a lot. Almost makes you think it's the same world.

Taki/ Takaki
Clouds/Sky Flares
TRAINS
Girl standing in shadowed grass looking up at the sky
This to me was just 5cm with bit more sci fi and a happier ending.
I guess happy endings make more money.

I haven't watched Children Who Chase Lost Voices. Does he literally do the same thing there too?

Anyone have the JP versions?

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=862911

Isn't it the same vocalist that does both english and jp versions?

>not making sure it's subbed before you buy

Literally your fault.

it doesn't help when the theater doesn't specify

The hype was actually justified this movie was damn good but I wish we got to see more of Taki's first day as Mitsuha we got to see Mitsuha's first day. Also with determination and adrenaline I can see Mitsuha booking it down the mountain and to her dad in time but there's no way they could have gotten everyone to the school in time, didn't the meteor fall at 7.

Sounds kinda like it. That does make it better than having someone else do the vocals and sound completely different but that doesn't fix the English structure.