Wow, we really were Kizumonogatari

>Wow, we really were Kizumonogatari
I burst out laughing in the theater

Great thread user

Thanks

I feel like after the ride that was Part 2, Part 3 was rather underwhelming, save the entire fight sequence.

Don't mind me just getting here before the jews

Offering 80 bucks for a part 1 poster

did the poster change over time? I feel like she wasn't crying when I first got it.

>Just saw this in Tempe, AZ

I watched the first two online at master and had to watch the third.

I'm not sure how to feel about this whole series, I'm glad it wasn't the typical happy ending but on the other hand I felt like Araragi is keeping Kiss-shot like a caged bird or something. Like what the hell is she going to do all day, just sit in the abandoned place with feeding from being the highlight of her day from now until he croaks?

I guess she could refuse and die via starvation, but eh whatever.

This shit is weird, yo.

cool poster tho.

Time to watch Bakemonogatari, m8. I'm surprised if you haven't watched the whole series that the movies prequel to.

>watched the prequels first

Kizu was the third released LN, youre supposed to know the story of at least Bakemonogatari before watching/reading kizu.

Spoiler alert
She does sit in a semi-abandoned place all day and stays mad at araragi for a couple months. She also gets lessons about monsters/spirits/aberrations. Then she lives in araragi's shadow and sleeps all day and goes along with whatever RRR-gi is doing

watch the rest of the series

I don't get this sentiment. When I watched Bake I didn't know what the fuck was going on and it drove me nuts to no end. If I could go back in time I'd have just watched it starting with Kizu

You're talking about the final scene where cat notices the bite marks? Yeah, same here. I never would have thought SHAFT would stoop to this level of writing.

It took until Nise for Bat to slowly start not being so pissed off at Araragi

You're not supposed to know what's going on. Araragi is a somewhat unreliable narrator, and withholds what he doesn't want you to know at that time. He's just telling his stories in the way he wants you to hear them, whether you know what happened or not. He's teasing you with hints at what happened in the past, so you are left wondering and wanting more.

Is this what I'm actually supposed to believe

The idea of the books (and anime) is that Araragi is telling the stories in that order. Kizu doesn't happen until after Nise because he isn't comfortable with telling the audience about it. Believe it or not at your own leisure, but that's how it is.

Well, considering the fact that the original release order of the series (light novels) is
>Bakemonogatari Volume 1 (2006)
>Bakemonogatari Volume 2 (2006)
>Kizumonogatari (2008)

then yes, this is what you're actually supposed to believe.

user... That's his cum

Yeah.
What a bunch of nonsense!

>tfw got to hear my favorite seiyuu say lewd phrases and make lewd noises
Thank you based SHAFT

The fanseverice also has a way deeper meaning than what is portrayed on the surface level.

Pay very close attention.

It did not. She was crying from the get go because her life is suffering.

the bartering continues

offering part two and or part three posters plus 40 bucks for a part 1 poster

Chicago is offering a triple feature marathon on 4/25. Part 1 at 5:00, then Part 2, and Part 3 at 7:40. Is it worth it?

yeah

>still no part 2 in canada

Nisioisin recommends people start with Kizu though. Release order be damned.

maybe one day user

Just got back from tonight's Vancouver showing. Nice theater, not crowded, audience was well mannered. Movie was great, go see it if you can.

Never consumed one iota of the series in any sense. Saw the first and third movies in San Fran with my bro.

Hanekawa is best girl, Shinobu a shit

Kansas City reporting in. Only had one autist who laughed at inappropriate times, and not even that often. Overall a good time.

>Never watched the series
>Calls her Shinobu

I don't understand.

The idea of screening anime movies on theaters is the most retarded I've ever heard of.

>hanekawa is best girl

You're almost there.

how are you supposed to watch movies then

Like most of us watch anime, online.

The idea of people getting together to watch anime irks me for some reason.

I'm sorry people having fun together bothers you. I guess that's what its like not having friends.

Sounds like you're just a bit autistic. Not a joke. Theaters are a well established means of distribution of any kind of film. If you have an issue, it's on you really.

KEK

>tfw there are anons who made throught the eternal waiting for kizu and the first 2 movies, but died before the third one

Seeing this Monday in Tempe, saw the first 2 there also. Have all the LN translated to English so far, and all the Vertical releases. I have a ton of figures also, this is really taking over my life. I'd be in debt if there was actually a decent amount of Monogatari merchandise, but it seems to get shafted compared to other series.

Oh boo hoo they don't have to bother with 3D anymore

He was hit with tons of smug Shinobu images for being a retard and now the thought of her triggers him.

>it seems to get shafted

I chuckled.

I went yesterday. It felt right. I'm not good at describing things so this is about the best I can do. Image of my poster since we definitely need more images of it.

been saving this for a rainy day

>can't watch Kizu nor Kimi because I live in a shitty town
Please kill me already.

>saw The Wind Rises
yeah I won, you nigs.

>tfw I can tell just by the small amounts of visible sleeves and pants in the photo that you dress like an autist

No bully though we still love you

>Drive several hours and several back to see film

>Weird artifact lines on the screen the whole time

>Complain to usher

>"Oh, that's just like that because of the resolution"

FUCK. IT WAS REALLY DISTRACTING.

I used to work in one of the largest movie theaters in the states and if you said something like that to me it's basically pointless. I'd have to relay it to upper staff which I wouldn't do because I'm super busy and unless there's like 5 people complaining they can't really do anything. I didn't even know what the people running the projectors looked like because we never saw them

Most of these were fucking designed to be watched in the theater

Kizu in particular uses extreme physical distance between characters to show emotional distance between them, and particularly in part 1. In one shot, Kiss Shot and Araragi are presented so far apart that they are both a bit out of frame on opposite sides; in a theater, this means you literally have to turn your head to see one or the other and cannot look at both at the same time, which really sells the sense of distance between them.

This effect cannot be recreated at home except by watching it on a giant ass 4k TV and sitting way too fucking close.

I used to work in a theater and I always reported that shit and nothing was ever done about it

But fuck, if you're going to charge people $15 for a movie ticket, get that shit right.

that one theater on mill, right? Kinda a hole in the wall?

guys im going to see kimi no nawa tomorrow, anyone wanna see it? oregon.

Isn't it subbed online

I mean if you wana watch a shit rip instead of seeing it in the theater like it's supposed to be seen

Maybe if you hate majestic mountain views and beautiful night skies

by a retard who reencoded it at 60 fps from a webrip, its an aids everything.

Can anyone tell me how long the final fight is?

Nooooo!
Why is big bat crying?
What have you done Sup Forumspes?

Calm down. It takes some time but her smile gets protected.

Her smile will never be back.

Well, she sure seems to smile quite a bit for that.

The series has been out for like 8 years...

It is a smug. Don't confuse them.

She can only be smug now because she feels safe and happy.

How could I be so blind? She's just smug about eating tasty food and sleeping comfortably.

Haven't you watched nisemonogatari?

Oh yeah. She totally doesn't forgive Araragi for turning her into a loli. That's why she asked to have it happen again when she got a chance to back out.

There was a showing?

Vancouver Wa, ya. Last night and tonight.

Just she wants to be in her current form, doesn't mean she is happy. It is an ending where the both partes are unhappy. I think you know this.

>unhappy
I'm pretty certain she grows to like the relationship she has with rrrgi. It's unique and defines each party's feelings

The unhappy ending was Kizu, they've both grown as people since then and have obviously reconciled with what happened.

That theater looks like the Seattle one. If it is, then I must say north face jacket and jeans are far more normal that you might think

Any proof?
I don't think that situation has changed.

>Still haven't watched Part 2 because the only subs are from a fan translation of the fucking light novel
>Fansubs are pretty much dead
Proper subs never ever

> I don't think the situation has changed

You need to rewatch the series then.

Just watch it with the fan subs, if you've read the LN you don't even really need the subtitles at all.

It has changed. Just because Araragi is all "Baw neither of us will ever be happy." doesn't mean that's how he or Shinobu really feels. There are numerous examples in the books/anime where he says stuff that's different from how he really feels. Like the Hanekawa Lust vs. Love speech.

This is Seattle user. We all dress like this.

Hello fellow Seattle user.

Give season and episode. It is hard to rewind all of them.

>tfw 26 year old obese neckbeard walking into a Barnes & Noble to buy a Japanese light novel about vampires from sweet old lady behind the counter

W E W
E
W

What is wrong with it?

Trying to understand what is happening when MC doesn't tell you he ate the fucking crime weapon